IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips? Part 13

Coconut Flan

9 hours ago, frumperlicious said:

Utterly bizarre that Bradrick! has set up shop in my home town. 

I upvoted your post, but really wish there was that facebook "hug and comfort"  emoji as an option.  You might run into him at Walgreens!  

I suspect that Bradrick! has a pleasant business persona.  No idea what his personal beliefs are these days. Probably still a very conservative Christian but not fundie.  Has he remarried?

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Howl said:

I suspect that Bradrick! has a pleasant business persona.  No idea what his personal beliefs are these days. Probably still a very conservative Christian but not fundie.  Has he remarried?

Well, he definitely got an education in flimflam sales techniques from DPIAT which would also work in a legitimate business setting. He still talks like a fundie but who knows -- that could also be good for business. No signs of remarriage on social media. 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Behold the manly wide-legged stance, now improved with one foot elevated on a rock. 

Bradrick’s plan to fundraiser for community benefit (ambulance district support) impresses positively.  And the guy has some decent success. Who wanted the divorce, again?

Kelly. Bradrick! Was allegedly getting his pencil wet and possible bisexualality as I recall.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

Peter Bradrick

Peter was born in Dallas, Texas, and moved to Port Orchard when he was young.

He established a powerful work ethic from growing up on a farm. 

Years of customer service and leadership experience laid a solid foundation for him to launch a successful real estate team.

Peter was named rookie of the year at the top brokerage in the state in his first year, and has built steadily from there, receiving numerous awards along the way.

Peter sits on the agent leadership council at Keller Williams West Sound, and generously coaches many new agents.  Peter's expertise as a negotiator are one of the things that sets him apart. His skills in marketing and in depth knowledge of the housing market has given Peter a great track record of getting his clients the highest possible value from their home, above the competition, even in this hot market.

From construction to home investments, Peter’s knowledge and experience has been an integral part in the trust that he has built through his career.

Peter’s greatest passion in real estate is bringing together a team of highly trusted professionals to protect and serve his clients. He gets great joy from putting creative solutions for complex situations together.

He is known for being able to make one feel like they are the only person in the room.

When he is not negotiating for his clients, you can find him cooking for his friends, or in the mountains.

"you can find him cooking for his friends, or in the mountains"

Nothing about his 6 children. Does he have any type of visitation at all?

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, AnnaSofia said:

"you can find him cooking for his friends, or in the mountains"

Nothing about his 6 children. Does he have any type of visitation at all?

Nearly immediately, Kelly and Bradrick were living on opposite sides if the U.S. I believe he was ordered to pay alimony and child support. He was given supervised child visitation as I recall.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Talking about Bradrick! made me think of his oldest sister Betsy and her sex-offender husband, who got paroled in 2018.  They live a few counties north of me. 

I just looked him up.  He's considered low risk, but he has to verify/register quarterly, and for the rest of his life.  Good.  He should have gotten longer than a 10-year sentence and he should have served the full term of the one he got.  Asshole.

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 2

18 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

Nearly immediately, Kelly and Bradrick were living on opposite sides if the U.S. I believe he was ordered to pay alimony and child support. He was given supervised child visitation as I recall.

Patriarch Brown probably has money and influence to eclipse any that Peter’s parents do. IF the elder Bradricks even have anything to do with him anymore.  He certainly outranks his former son-in-law no matter how well Peter does now.  So it wouldn’t surprise me at all if the visits, however often they occur, are carefully curated to the public on both sides. 

Peter’s positioning himself as a benevolent force for the good of the real estate milieu.  His children, since they’re not actively involved in that mission (my term), are extraneous to the tale. I tend to commend him for not trying to trade on their cuteness.  Well, which ever among them is still cute & not a snarly teen type, he-heh! 

ETA: All that said, his FB profile photo features his daughter. She’s got her mom’s pretty and her dad’s ears and, I would say, an attitude the patriarchy is just waiting to crush.  

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 6

37 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Patriarch Brown probably has money and influence to eclipse any that Peter’s parents do. IF the elder Bradricks even have anything to do with him anymore. 

Michael Bradrick features pretty heavily in the prelude vid Peter made for the Top Gun: Maverick screening (posted on the previous page).  Around the 3:55 mark Peter talks about how much the movie means to him because his dad was an instructor pilot in the Air Force, then follows it up with an interview with Michael. Looks like he also posted the interview separately on YouTube:

Seems Peter was the one to file when he and Kelly divorced:

1580583383_Screenshot2023-01-31at15-34-39PierceCountySuperiorCivilCase17-3-00135-9.thumb.png.36299e9a2ccf2bd5b9c72470f96acebf.png

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

IF the elder Bradricks even have anything to do with him anymore.

They seem to be following each other on social media, FWIW. 

1 hour ago, danvillebelle said:

Talking about Bradrick! made me think of his oldest sister Betsy and her sex-offender husband, who got paroled in 2018.

Her FB profile picture is a picture of the two of them. Then, she has at least a couple of FB posts pushing gofundmes that purport to fight sex trafficking -- talk about inappropriate. :my_sick:

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 6
  • WTF 3

37 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Then, she has at least a couple of FB posts pushing gofundmes that purport to fight sex trafficking -- talk about inappropriate.

What the actual ding dong fluck? 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 9

Hell, Doug Phillips purportedly worked on a human trafficking documentary. These people have absolutely no concept of irony. Or shame.

Edited by AnnaSofia
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

Michael Bradrick once bragged in a parenting video how they completely canceled one of the daughters' birthdays (when she was a little girl) because of some behavior issue.  And they made her contact the invitees and tell them there was no party.  He's not some Air Force hero to look up to.  Fuck him.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 6
  • I Agree 3

5 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

That's a little creepy.  It's like the whole first half of his life never existed.

That could be said about so many of the former VF higher ups.  

Geoff Botkin: hasn’t he always lived in Tennessee? (and besides, no one knows where he came from before New Zealand anyways.)

Stacey McDonald: always been shilling oils. Definitely never wrote terrible books.

Jennie Chancey: she just magically stepped out of the African plains and into a coffee shop one day.

Scott Brown: how did NCFIC originate? Nobody knows, he’s always been running it. It definitely wasn’t a spin off of another parachurch organization. Doug who? 

It’s like they all got together and promised each other that they’d never speak of it again, and that would make it all go away. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

@AnnaSofia, I’ve read (it may have been here) that, in fundie circles, even if it’s the wife who wants out, the husband is asked to file for the divorce so the wife won’t “look sinful” by initiating the divorce herself. This is the opposite of the old-fashioned “divorce etiquette” of having the wife file for divorce so that she won’t look “rejected” by her husband.

Also—on FB, Lourdes Torres is out there looking gorgeous, working in the design field, and living her best life.

Edited by Hane
  • Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 1

On 1/31/2023 at 1:45 PM, danvillebelle said:

Talking about Bradrick! made me think of his oldest sister Betsy and her sex-offender husband, who got paroled in 2018.  They live a few counties north of me. 

I just looked him up.  He's considered low risk, but he has to verify/register quarterly, and for the rest of his life.  Good.  He should have gotten longer than a 10-year sentence and he should have served the full term of the one he got.  Asshole.

Ugh and more ugh! I wasn’t aware of this gem in the BRADRICK crown. Where can I get more info? I don’t need too much, mind. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Ugh and more ugh! I wasn’t aware of this gem in the BRADRICK crown. Where can I get more info? I don’t need too much, mind. 

Just put his name (Andrew Byron Barth) into a search for Texas offenders.  He molested a 9yo.  It was never clear whether it was one of his own daughters or someone else, or who turned him in.  If it *was* one of his own daughters and Betsy is both the one who turned him in and has now taken him back - that's just a whole 'nother level of fucked-up.  Of course, the whole thing has never been mentioned publicly by any Bradricks, ever.  The oldest kids had insanely large families - Betsy and her husband have 12 and I think the oldest, Andy Bradrick, has 15.

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

On 1/31/2023 at 6:48 PM, Columbia said:

That could be said about so many of the former VF higher ups.  

Also Beall Phillips.  Always lived in an apartment in San Antonio, working outside the home as a low-wage care giver with no umbrella of protection. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Howl said:

Also Beall Phillips.  Always lived in an apartment in San Antonio, working outside the home as a low-wage care giver with no umbrella of protection. 

Always been a happy wife, too. Married to whom? You don’t know him, he goes to a different school. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 14

Speaking of memory holes and newly invented pasts, it looks like Dougie has set up yet another website. The most recent post, a tribute to creationist John Morris, has some reminiscing:

There were giants in the room that day including Dr. Henry Morris himself, father of the movement dedicated to the defense of Genesis. There was the charming bulldog, Dr. Dwayne Gish, whose indefatigable efforts in debate, speech, and writing had opened the minds of many to biblical creationism and inspired a new generation to enter scientific disciplines. There was the rising star of the movement, the persuasive Ken Ham, who would ultimately introduce to the world his vast and brilliant vision for creation apologetics manifest through his organization Answers in Genesis, and his masterpieces The Ark Encounter and The Creation Museum. There were others present that day whose work in the field of science and apologetics had broken new ground and added to what emerged as one of the most important contributions to popular Christian apologetics in the 20th century. Also present was an unassuming, thoughtful scientist and heir to his father’s work, Dr. John Morris. This was the season of the changing of the guard, as John the son succeeded Henry the father as president of the great creationist organization. 

Meanwhile, the old Cinema of Wonder website is no more but his vimeo account, Scenes from a Beautiful World, is still around.

And Dougieʻs bio:

Douglas W. Phillips is a filmmaker, attorney, author and writer/producer of The Mysterious Islands. He is the former Adjunct Professor of Apologetics for the Institute for Creation Research. 

• Eyeroll 8
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 4

11 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Speaking of memory holes and newly invented pasts, it looks like Dougie has set up yet another website. The most recent post, a tribute to creationist John Morris, has some reminiscing:

Meanwhile, the old Cinema of Wonder website is no more but his vimeo account, Scenes from a Beautiful World, is still around.

And Dougieʻs bio:

That Dougie, never having very good luck reinventing himself.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Douglas W. Phillips is a filmmaker, attorney, author and writer/producer of The Mysterious Islands. He is the former Adjunct Professor of Apologetics for the Institute for Creation Research.

Doug Phillips: Great upcoming scientist and cinematographer who’s spent the last ten years traveling the world honing his craft. Occasionally dabbles in creation science, burlesque shows, and “raising allosaurs.” Vision Forum? What a vague name. It sounds like an investment corporation. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

Did he seriously write an entire essay about Hannukah going on and on like he's some lovingly observant Jew?  And spelling it in a way I've literally never seen, over and over?  What a PUTZ.

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 2

That pic looks like a Village  People reunion. 

From Doug's eulogy of John Morris: 

"Dr. Henry’s [John Morris' father] scientific specialty had been hydraulic engineering, while Dr. John earned his PhD in geological engineering. The former was especially well-suited for evaluating flood models and the latter for the geological and fossil record. Both disciplines provided a helpful academic foundation for deeper inquiries within the creation/evolution debate."

I'm at a loss how a young earth creationist could be awarded a PhD in any way  related to geology from any reputable university. 

Also, hydraulic engineering is not a scientific specialty, it's an engineering specialty. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 2