IGNORED

William & Kate 3

samurai_sarah

I have noticed her without Big Blue occasionally, when there was going to be a sporting  activity involved.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I can’t imagine losing something even more sentimental like a wedding ring.

I lost mine years ago, at a cousin's wedding reception. It was a little loose on my finger, and I wasn't wearing my engagement ring because it was TOO loose. I took the ring off because the looseness just bothered me and put it in what I thought was a deep enough pocket of my dress. Stupid, stupid move. Of course it fell out somewhere and I didn't realise it until we'd gotten back to my mother's where we were staying. Called the reception venue, but of course it was never found. My husband replaced it, but I still haven't quite gotten over it.😕

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 4
  • Love 8

14 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I can’t imagine losing something even more sentimental like a wedding ring.

Not quite the same, but I lost my high school class ring in around 1994. I graduated in 1992, and I was wearing it all the time. I adored it - it was sparkly and lovely and the most expensive piece of jewelry I'd ever owned at the time. I was pretty devastated. I lost it in the summer, so I was fairly certain I lost it at work, at a daycare I was working at. There's lots of washing hands, when you work at a daycare, so I figure it slipped off. I searched the room I'd been in top to bottom, asked the other teachers if they'd seen it, searched the car, searched outside the building... everywhere I could think of. Then I searched at home, turned my whole room upside down, looked all over. But it was gone.

A couple years later as a junior in college, I ordered my college class ring to wear on that same finger, since the high school ring was gone. For good.

I've literally been a bit sad about it ever since. Whenever I'd drive by that building where I was sure I'd lost it I'd always wonder if anyone had ever found it. Once in a while I'd search for class rings on the Goodwill auction site just on the extremely slim chance it might pop up there at just the same time I was looking. But I really was resigned to it being gone, forever.

THEN, about 2 months ago, I got a call from my mom right after I'd got home from work, saying she had something to give me. 

It was my high school class ring! She had found it at the bottom back corner of the dish towel drawer in her kitchen. It'd been in there for almost 30 years! We'd moved in with the grandparents and mom just added her dish cloths to grandmas and there were so many in the deep drawer that we just never got all the way to the bottom, I guess. It must have fallen off when I was washing dishes. 

I need to put it in the ultrasonic cleaner since there are 30 years worth of lint on there, but I actually cried a little when she handed it to me. 

Spoiler

IMG_1656.thumb.jpg.2fdac5de4a710dfb0631724b88877ded.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Love 22

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

Not quite the same, but I lost my high school class ring in around 1994. I graduated in 1992, and I was wearing it all the time. I adored it - it was sparkly and lovely and the most expensive piece of jewelry I'd ever owned at the time. I was pretty devastated. I lost it in the summer, so I was fairly certain I lost it at work, at a daycare I was working at. There's lots of washing hands, when you work at a daycare, so I figure it slipped off. I searched the room I'd been in top to bottom, asked the other teachers if they'd seen it, searched the car, searched outside the building... everywhere I could think of. Then I searched at home, turned my whole room upside down, looked all over. But it was gone.

A couple years later as a junior in college, I ordered my college class ring to wear on that same finger, since the high school ring was gone. For good.

I've literally been a bit sad about it ever since. Whenever I'd drive by that building where I was sure I'd lost it I'd always wonder if anyone had ever found it. Once in a while I'd search for class rings on the Goodwill auction site just on the extremely slim chance it might pop up there at just the same time I was looking. But I really was resigned to it being gone, forever.

THEN, about 2 months ago, I got a call from my mom right after I'd got home from work, saying she had something to give me. 

It was my high school class ring! She had found it at the bottom back corner of the dish towel drawer in her kitchen. It'd been in there for almost 30 years! We'd moved in with the grandparents and mom just added her dish cloths to grandmas and there were so many in the deep drawer that we just never got all the way to the bottom, I guess. It must have fallen off when I was washing dishes. 

I need to put it in the ultrasonic cleaner since there are 30 years worth of lint on there, but I actually cried a little when she handed it to me. 

Hide contents

IMG_1656.thumb.jpg.2fdac5de4a710dfb0631724b88877ded.jpg

This is so awesome! I'm so happy you got your ring back that I'm almost in tears! My class ring was stolen when I was in my early 20s and I know for sure I'll never see it again, so I love it when I read stories like this! ❤️ 

• Love 7

I lost the center diamond in my engagement ring about ten years ago. I was devastated. I still am honestly.  I had been out running errands and I have no idea where the diamond fell out. 

• Love 8

@prayawaythefundie I recently looked into Moissanite rings because I like nice jewelry but don’t trust myself with anything expensive 😅

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I lost my college class ring several decades ago when it was just a couple of years old, and to this day I get sad about it. I loved it and was so proud of it. 

I think even now sometimes about replacing it, but wow have metal prices gone up!

Plus it would probably look silly for an old fogey to wear a college ring from decades ago. 

• Love 4

11 hours ago, Smash! said:

@prayawaythefundie I recently looked into Moissanite rings because I like nice jewelry but don’t trust myself with anything expensive 😅

I love moissanite. It's more rainbow-y than diamond, IMO. And the lower price point is a definite bonus.

12 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Plus it would probably look silly for an old fogey to wear a college ring from decades ago. 

I don't think it would! Depending on the ring style, I suppose. But I'm considering having my college ring resized so I can wear it more often - I'll have to send it off to Jostens but they'll resize and clean and polish for just shipping cost apparently. It's the kind where everyone has the same one (since the mid-50's) and so it's easily recognizable when out and about. An elderly friend of mine who passed a few years ago wore her similar (but from a different college) ring right up to the end. 

With mine it's nice - when I was wearing it all the time I'd often get asked "Oooh, I see your Onyx. What year were you?" followed by them telling me their year, or that their sister or mom or grandma was an alumna. It can be a nice icebreaker. If money was no object I'd order a second one in silver, since I got the first in gold and I wear silver more often.

Oh, and Jostens has a "lost and found" list on their website, so anyone with a lost class ring that was from there should check and see if they have it!

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

The Young Victoria and Albert museum removes books about  queer and trans people just before Kate's visit. They admit they did this in anticipation of her visit. 

https://www.celebitchy.com/824766/why_did_the_young_va_museum_remove_an_lgbtq_book_before_princess_kates_visit/

Will Kate's fan base be offended if she posed with books/posters about the LGBTQ community?

7 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

The Young Victoria and Albert museum removes books about  queer and trans people just before Kate's visit. They admit they did this in anticipation of her visit. 

https://www.celebitchy.com/824766/why_did_the_young_va_museum_remove_an_lgbtq_book_before_princess_kates_visit/

Will Kate's fan base be offended if she posed with books/posters about the LGBTQ community?

I can‘t speak for her entire fan base but I doubt it. 

• I Agree 2

I’m so sorry for those of you devastated by losing a beloved treasure. I always felt like it was just me who felt that way about a couple irreplaceable items. I’m glad to know I’m not alone!

• Love 6

3 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

I can‘t speak for her entire fan base but I doubt it. 

Seems a strange thing to do, then. Would have been a good opportunity to show support to a disenfranchised community.

17 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Seems a strange thing to do, then. Would have been a good opportunity to show support to a disenfranchised community.

Who said her side asked for it though?

And if she had been photographed in front of the books you‘d be one of the first to either criticize her for not being neutral on a hot button issue or you‘d be sure to make the point that it‘s a PR move and she could do so much more. Because you hate Kate more than you love Meghan and that‘s a lot!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3

On 8/7/2023 at 1:24 AM, Jackie3 said:

Actually the books were removed from the gift shop by the museums new director who is noted for being anti trans. The royal’s had nothing to do with it.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 9

3 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Actually the books were removed from the gift shop by the museums new director who is noted for being anti trans. The royal’s had nothing to do with it.

Kate is the Royal Patron for the museum. We know that. She could easily have asked to have the books put back. She didn’t. 

Kate could also have issued a statement to the press, condemning the removal. She didn't do that either!!!

We don’t know whatbthe museum told Kate initially, or whether she agreed or disagreed.

We do know that Kate holds quite a position of influence at the museum. Yet ahe has done nothing and said nothing. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, viii said:

I’m guessing Kate probably has no idea about the books and that they were removed. 

Well she knows now, and has chosen to remain silent.

2 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Kate and Will gave tributes to Queen Elizabeth II at her one year death anniversary. They remarked it was the end of an era. 

https://people.com/kate-middleton-and-prince-william-to-lead-anniversary-tributes-to-queen-elizabeth-7574393

I think that‘s still to come on September 8th.

It‘s interesting because a few days ago C&C released a statement about how they will mark the occasion privately, like Elizabeth used to with the date of her father‘s death. With this and a few other little things that could well be overlooked, I‘m wondering, if there is an intentional split of „publicity paths“ between the two couples as a strategy to please everyone as an institution or if they are actually on the odds a little and their teams have started a contest for the popularity of their respective principals. 

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 3

This is actually really interesting. H&M’s camp came out with they were being snubbed and not invited to mark the one year anniversary. C&C’s camp was quick to rebuttal with there was no one year memorial of any kind, they’d be marking the day in solemn privacy. And now W&K’s camp announce this. 

Personally, I think this is the beginning of the cracks between C&C and W&K. They’ve been a united front so far but this will be an extremely interesting development to watch. Charles is a (in)famously petty man and doesn’t tolerate others “lesser” than him shining brighter. He has needed W&K up to this point, but I’m curious to see if his jealously will impact these working relationships. 

• Upvote 4

I really can‘t tell. Is Charles giving William leeway to appeal to a younger crowd (the Waleses have been trying lately as is obvious by their newer insta content) or is William just testing his boundaries, knowing dad needs him?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

I really can‘t tell. Is Charles giving William leeway to appeal to a younger crowd (the Waleses have been trying lately as is obvious by their newer insta content) or is William just testing his boundaries, knowing dad needs him?

I feel like the two couples are trying to split the difference.  Charles is sticking a bit more to the traditional ways but giving William a little bit more room to be more open.  If anything the past few years should have shown Charles is that William is loyal to the RF and to Charles.

I wonder if there was has been some push for some public show of remembrance and Charles 1. doesn't want to do it. 2. doesn't really think it is appropriate but his conviction isn't that strong 3. doesn't want to give up on his vacation.  It could be "well I don't think it is appropriate for the reigning monarch to it but there is no reason why William couldn't lay a wreath or stand outside while bells ring."  We don't know exactly how they plan to mark the anniversary.  I think it all depends on how formal the proceedings are.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

On 8/8/2023 at 6:33 PM, Father Son Holy Goat said:

That makes better sense. I think after Diana's example, it's highly unlikely William and Kate would ever do anything anti-LGBTQ+. 

I hadn't realized it had been almost a year since the Queen's passing already. Time moves quickly!

Have they come out with coins with Charles on them yet? I recently found out that the monarchs alternate the direction they face on the coins, so Elizabeth II was facing to the right, so Charles will face the left, and then William will face the right. IDK why I find that little bit of trivia interesting, but I do.

• Upvote 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic