IGNORED

William & Kate 3

samurai_sarah

At first some people tried  to have reasonable friendly discussions with Jacksie , pointing out her misinformation,  and such but it quickly became painfully apparent that was huge lesson in futility.  

• Upvote 4

If people wish to discuss trollish behavior, please start a thread in community discussion.  Thank you. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2023 at 11:32 PM, Father Son Holy Goat said:

There’s a new picture for George’s 10th birthday. He’s a really cute kid.

https://people.com/prince-george-10th-birthday-marked-rare-photo-coronation-westminster-abbey-7564574

George has had the best of everything in his short life.

The best food,  the best clothes, the best medical care, a nanny from the best nanny school, the best schooling,  the best housing. The best photographer to take his birthday photo! (Kate didn't take this one)

His father and grandfather were able to choose two of the best looking women.  

It'd be surprising if he wasn't "a really cute kid."

The Princess of Wales has two engagements during the next two months. Her work ethic leaves much to be desired.

All of us want to spend time with our kids during the summer, but this takes it to a new level, for someone who claims to be "working." 

Edited by Jackie3

Suzy Menkes, former editor of Vogue, has criticized the Duchess of Cambridge for her unenthusiastic jewelry wearing.

I’ve noticed she wears less jewelry than she could but her outfits look lovey. She seems to let the clothes take a more prominent role. I certainly would wear more jewelry but I’m more of a wear a tiara in the bath kind of person. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/royal-family/kate-middleton-jewelry-earring-vogue-b2383919.html

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Suzy Menkes, former editor of Vogue, has criticized the Duchess of Cambridge for her unenthusiastic jewelry wearing.

I’ve noticed she wears less jewelry than she could but her outfits look lovey. She seems to let the clothes take a more prominent role. I certainly would wear more jewelry but I’m more of a wear a tiara in the bath kind of person. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/royal-family/kate-middleton-jewelry-earring-vogue-b2383919.html

I mean, given the current state of things, I feel like going out dripping in jewelry isn't really a good thing. there are very valid points to be made about a lot of those jewels being stolen in various ways and with the cost of living shenanigans, it's tone-deaf to wander out dripping in diamonds. Plus, a lot of the nice stuff is heavy AF and would be so uncomfortable to actually wear.

That said, if I had her earring collection, I would wear them ALL THE TIME. I love earrings.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

20 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I mean, given the current state of things, I feel like going out dripping in jewelry isn't really a good thing. there are very valid points to be made about a lot of those jewels being stolen in various ways and with the cost of living shenanigans, it's tone-deaf to wander out dripping in diamonds. Plus, a lot of the nice stuff is heavy AF and would be so uncomfortable to actually wear.

That said, if I had her earring collection, I would wear them ALL THE TIME. I love earrings.

I think it is a public image thing. How will those people waiting on line at food banks feel about this one fortunate woman going around wearing expensive jewelry, (much of which was stolen no less). Let's see, they won't apologize for slavery and they flaunt their vast wealth, while British children go hungry. Terrible optics!

2 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I have the giggles at this. I mean, of all the things to criticise, and all the ways to express it! 

2 hours ago, Destiny said:

I'd be paranoid about losing one, especially if they were essentially loaners.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I'd be paranoid about losing one, especially if they were essentially loaners.

Historically significant loaners.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Yeah, I’m not surprised she doesn’t wear the super historical ones often. I also believe she has a really good replica of Big Blue that she wears to a lot of events and travels with. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, viii said:

Yeah, I’m not surprised she doesn’t wear the super historical ones often. I also believe she has a really good replica of Big Blue that she wears to a lot of events and travels with. 

I’ve always thought this as well. My ring is small and not worth much (dollar wise - obviously it has infinite personal value to me) and even I have a fake one that I wear when we go camping or hiking or some other thing where I’m worried about it getting lost, damaged, etc. I can absolutely see her doing the same.

• Upvote 4

Both my daughters have alternate rings for certain activities, trips, etc. I think it's quite common these days..  

• Upvote 5

Okay well that's a bit of a damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-don't.

If you go out all decked out in flashy family jewels you're an out-of-touch elitist who is wearing the spoils of centuries of colonialism and bloodshed.

If you don't wear them you're a drab and uncool frumpster

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

59 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Okay well that's a bit of a damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-don't.

If you go out all decked out in flashy family jewels you're an out-of-touch elitist who is wearing the spoils of centuries of colonialism and bloodshed.

If you don't wear them you're a drab and uncool frumpster

They're hardly equal.

Wearing stolen jewels is an act of incredible insensitivity.

Being a "frumpster" is not a big deal. I'm sure her ego can tolerate that. If it can't, that's something for her to work on.

1 hour ago, viii said:

Nobody I know IRL has a replica 😂

The OP said alternate not replica.  I bet we live in different countries in very different situations..  I have an inexpensive alternate ring for selected occasions.   Many people I know do. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Both my daughters have alternate rings for certain activities, trips, etc. I think it's quite common these days..  

My sister has a moissanite travel ring she wears instead of her diamond engagement ring. It's not a replica, though.  But if I were Kate I'd for sure have a replica to wear anywhere I was worried about losing a ring. That one's not only monetarily valuable but priceless due to having been Diana's. And since everyone knows that specific ring she really can't go out not wearing it without massive press speculation likely leading to a palace press release explaining it's at the jeweler or something.

Not quite the same thing but... I'm not married or engaged but I have a moissanite set that looks like a wedding set just because I love it and I usually wear it on my right hand but in certain situations I'd switch it over to the left if I felt the need. In college a common tip to avoid harassment if a dude was being aggressively flirty was to casually move your class ring to your left ring finger and turn it upside down so only the gold band was visible so it looked a bit like a wedding band. Dumb, but a fact that some men will back off only if they think you are "taken." (I went to an all women's college where the rings were a BIG DEAL and we all had the same one, put on for the first time (officially) at a special dress-up dinner junior year, and all turned at the same time at graduation. So it was naturally assumed that everyone junior and above would have one.) 

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Mine are real but obviously not in the Princess of Wales category of jewelry. Started with a plain gold band and then had a matching band made with a low-set star sapphire + small diamonds on either side. I wanted something I could wear during fieldwork, doing dishes, or anything else, and not worry about it being damaged. Having to take rings off for anything would be a disaster for me and theyʻd probably be lost the first time. 

Pro tip: if you need to remove tightly fitting rings, a generous squirt of Windex will make it much easier.

Edited by hoipolloi
Clarity
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

Yeah I have my travel wedding ring and my actual ring, mostly because if anyone can fall in the Nile and lose jewellery it's me.

• Upvote 4

This is why I only have inexpensive jewelry. I lost so many single earrings when I not so softly put down my KN95 masks (those that have elastic straps  around the head). 

• Upvote 6

9 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Yeah I have my travel wedding ring and my actual ring, mostly because if anyone can fall in the Nile and lose jewellery it's me.

I literally lost a pair of sunglasses in a tributary of the Amazon once!

I have some decent jewelry, but it's not terribly expensive. I have random stuff, much of it sterling, and a collection of Pandora pieces 90% of which came from thrift stores and Goodwill. Or occasionally from RueLaLa when they have a big sale. Most of the rest of my jewelry came from TJ Maxx or is stuff I made. I like stacking random bracelets, and most of them are cheap. 

I think the most expensive jewelry I wear regularly is my Apple Watch (not sure that counts) and the LeRoi titanium seam ring I just had put in my daith. For some reason decent jewelry for piercings that aren't earlobes are pricy! But I'm not worried about losing that one because I literally can't get it out, I'll have to go to the piercer to have it removed when I want to change it. My class rings are more expensive than that, but I need to get them resized if I ever want to wear them.

I think I'd be terrified if I was wearing something super expensive like the royals have on hand. I suppose they are so well guarded that's it's not as big a deal, and the really fancy stuff is only for special occasions. But I'd be the one to bump a tiara getting out of a car and lose a diamond or something!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I think I'd be terrified if I was wearing something super expensive like the royals have on hand. I suppose they are so well guarded that's it's not as big a deal, and the really fancy stuff is only for special occasions. But I'd be the one to bump a tiara getting out of a car and lose a diamond or something!

Honestly, high value jewelry like that feels more like a burden than a pleasure.

I lost a sterling silver and diamond necklace my boyfriend gave me, which was heart breaking. Thankfully it was $40 on Amazon so once I’m positive it’s truely lost I can replace it. 

I can’t imagine losing something even more sentimental like a wedding ring.

• Upvote 4

I feel a bit stupid now because it never occured to me to get a replica of my engagement or wedding ring. I just take them off and put them in a box when I do sports or some chemical demonstration in the classroom. No tabloid has ever questioned the state of my marriage though. 😅

Kate can be seen without Big Blue about once a year (rough estimation) and it usually causes a minor stir on social media but there has never been a comment from the palace.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic