IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips? Part 13

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, Columbia said:

How much of the theology put out by VF was at the request of Howard?

Howard was born & raised Jewish and converted to Christianity in the 1970s. According to this profile by the SPLC, Howard was very close to & a follower/supporter of Rushdoony. 

Doug was pretty much raised in that shit and absolutely worshipped his father. So, I would guess that Howard's beliefs & activities had a lot of influence on VF

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

12 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Howard was born & raised Jewish and converted to Christianity in the 1970s. According to this profile by the SPLC, Howard was very close to & a follower/supporter of Rushdoony. 

Doug was pretty much raised in that shit and absolutely worshipped his father. So, I would guess that Howard's beliefs & activities had a lot of influence on VF

I believe I can support that claim. 
https://www.facebook.com/share/rTjxo8TprPnWLFYj/?mibextid=WC7FNe

7E4D2C87-7D13-46F6-9BA5-826B8D9AB96F.png

• Thank You 5

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

So did I interpret this right—the article from the SPLC says Rushdoony, whom Howard Phillips was a follower of, supported the death penalty for gays?!

And one of the links went to another article about Howard stating “Christian Reconstructionists' plans for dominion are multigenerational; families are encouraged to build dynasties with 200-year plans and to see their families as central to God's plan for history.”

😵‍💫🤐🤐🤐 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, ptm6114 said:

So did I interpret this right—the article from the SPLC says Rushdoony, whom Howard Phillips was a follower of, supported the death penalty for gays?!

And one of the links went to another article about Howard stating “Christian Reconstructionists' plans for dominion are multigenerational; families are encouraged to build dynasties with 200-year plans and to see their families as central to God's plan for history.”

😵‍💫🤐🤐🤐 

So now we know from where duck biologist Botkin got his 200-year family plan theology. It must have been pervasive thinking in their little corner of the world.

• Upvote 6

16 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

So now we know from where duck biologist Botkin got his 200-year family plan theology. It must have been pervasive thinking in their little corner of the world.

“The blessing given by Liberty Phillips to her sister Jubilee on her wedding day to her groom Adam:

’Thou art our sister, be thou the mother of thousands of millions, and let thy seed possess the gate of those which hate them.’ Genesis 24:60”

What in the actual psychopathy, backwoods-brainwashing do these people think they’re doing?! 🥴🤯😂

• Upvote 7
  • Disgust 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

Liberty's blessing is so so so much like Ducky Geoff's prayer over his daughter's womb at her birth.

They are positive God will do what they demand ask.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

11 hours ago, ptm6114 said:

Yes. Rushdoony also advocated for executing disobedient children, as well as those who blaspheme and break the Sabbath:

Reconstructionists also believe that “the Christians” are the “new chosen people of God,” commanded to do what “Adam in Eden and Israel in Canaan failed to do…create the society that God requires.” Further, Jews, once the “chosen people,” failed to live up to God’s covenant and therefore are no longer God’s chosen. Christians, of the correct sort, now are....Epitomizing the Reconstructionist idea of Biblical “warfare” is the centrality of capital punishment under Biblical Law. Doctrinal leaders (notably Rushdoony, North, and Bahnsen) call for the death penalty for a wide range of crimes in addition to such contemporary capital crimes as rape, kidnapping, and murder. Death is also the punishment for apostasy (abandonment of the faith), heresy, blasphemy, witchcraft, astrology, adultery, “sodomy or homosexuality,” incest, striking a parent, incorrigible juvenile delinquency, and, in the case of women, “unchastity before marriage.”

To Rushdoony -- AND Doug & Howard Phillips -- all of this is Biblical. Xtian reconstructionists want the US to "return" to being a Christian theocracy and, course, believe they are the ones to run it. As you can see, the Phillips children were raised with this shite. 

If you have the time & interest, I highly recommend the book by religion scholar, Julie Ingersoll. This will give you a lot of history & context. These people are absolute wackadoodles but their theology is hateful and dangerous. As the linked article above indicates, their views are gaining a lot more mainstream platforming if not acceptance.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

23 hours ago, ptm6114 said:

Geoff Botkin was perhaps the main proponent of the 200-year plan in VF, but Doug loved the idea, too. There are still a few documents floating around the Wayback Machine from his presentation on it. In an interview he did with Kevin Swanson he hypothetically toyed with the idea of one of his sons becoming prime minister of New Zealand, which led to the speculation that that might be a goal on his 200 year plan. If you listen to the VF types talk about the 200 year plan you'll realize very quickly that it revolves all around sons. I don't think I've ever heard anyone talk specifically about the goals for their daughters re: their 200 year plan beyond getting married. I always wondered what the man who only has daughters does about his 200 year plan, or if he's off the hook in having to thinking about it, because his daughters will be under their husbands' 200 year plans in the end..

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

In honor of Doug’s daughters pretending to be paratroopers this week with RCPT, I think this is appropriate. So it’s okay for women to pretend to be in the military, but not actually be in the military because they are the “weaker sex.” It’s okay for your daughters to cosplay and profit off veterans, right?
What a good laugh—Doug calling women (anyone for that matter) the weaker sex. Doug YOU are the weaker sex 😂 

854EBB39-33BB-4723-9A03-36E0547DA462.jpeg

7CD78DA6-E737-453D-9555-EED86F254D4D.jpeg

3F2C4C82-27E0-4FFC-8E68-8B428AAF56EA.jpeg

• Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 2

Yeah, she really jumped wearing that dress. Sure Jan. 🙄

• Haha 4

What's up with the younger kids and Beall, is she still working to support them while Doug gallivants around with a burlesque troop?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bea said:

What's up with the younger kids and Beall, is she still working to support them while Doug gallivants around with a burlesque troop?

The youngest, Virginia, is 17 and will turn 18 this year. The rest are adults.

AFAICT, neither Doug nor Beall has posted publicly on social media in quite a while. Doug occasionally posts on his VF FB page, alternating between pontifications on current events (he is pro-Ukraine & pro-Israel) and retro-posts from the VF glory days. Faith is publicly active on social media, advertising her vintage clothing sales & showcasing her music gigs. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

• 2 weeks later...

Bradrick! is engaged.

Engaged.thumb.jpg.2efe5d637ccd2479b72feb4a88664176.jpg

He seems to be doing well at real estate. 

• Thank You 7

On 3/30/2024 at 11:56 AM, hoipolloi said:

AFAICT, neither Doug nor Beall has posted publicly on social media in quite a while.

Beall went quiet on her public facing Insta about the time the first grandchild was born. I think she's deeply into the grandkids and is reveling in that.  Other things may be going on, who knows.  Surprised that the most adventuresome son hasn't found a sweetie or finace.  I can't remember -- was he bar tending last we heard? Maybe he's still making money on Alaskan fishing boats in the summers. 

6 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Bradrick! is engaged

I hope they're happy and enjoy life. I also hope that Braderick! is less of an asshole fundy patrarch than in the past and can be a fun and easy to live with husband. 

• Upvote 6

I thought Bradrick! came out or there were allegations in the divorce of liaisons/ affairs with men?  Am I not remembering correctly?

I hope he's left patriarchy and VF teachings far far far behind. He looks happy in the photos -- happier than in any photos from VF days.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I thought Bradrick! came out or there were allegations in the divorce of liaisons/ affairs with men?  Am I not remembering correctly?

I hope he's left patriarchy and VF teachings far far far behind. He looks happy in the photos -- happier than in any photos from VF days.

In his divorce agreement, IIRC, there was something about his not being permitted to visit with his kids when a “male or female romantic partner” was present.

I am not and never have been a fan of Bradrick!—even though he eventually turned in DPIART. I remember his endorsement of his “sturdy” wife, and how he dragged her, very recently postpartum and ill, on one of DPIART’s self-aggrandizing international jaunts. 

Edited by Hane
  • Upvote 8

5 hours ago, Hane said:

I am not and never have been a fan of Bradrick!—even though he eventually turned in DPIART. I remember his endorsement of his “sturdy” wife, and how he dragged her, very recently postpartum and ill, on one of DPIART’s self-aggrandizing international jaunts. 

Hopefully he has changed for the better.  He was steeped in the patriarchal VF stew as a young man and assigned a wife and a life. 

I'm sure he still Evangelical to the max, but exposed to the full spectrum of other humans in his business life may have changed him to be somewhat more normal. 

• Upvote 3

I enjoyed the ridiculousness of Bradrick! And his wide stance and cuddles with DPIAT. But I also felt sorry for him, as he was raised by homeschool fundyWashington royalty and steeped in the koolaid his entire life. He had no more choices than Kelly, and it seemed he did not really enjoy having a massive family immediately. Then his idol proved to be tarnished, and the glorious grifting future in VF faded away. 

He always struck me as very earnest, a true believer if you will. 

I wish someone knew what happened to Kelly and the passel of kids. 

• Upvote 6

9 hours ago, frumperlicious said:

I wish someone knew what happened to Kelly and the passel of kids.

Ooooh, me too.  I had a very uncomfortable feeling about the new husband.  Like, here's a man with beliefs identical to your father's,  willing to take on 6 kids, so  you're compatible, right?

Pretty good possibility that there are more kids, unless he's shooting blanks or she's had a reproductive malfunction. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1