IGNORED

Katie and Travis 5: Baby Makes Three

Coconut Flan

Travis’s sister Kayla had a baby shower for Kayson. Tools. Fundies and their extreme gender roles are so damn weird. Fucking tools.

E91C91AB-A019-44E1-99BE-FD75E9231BF0.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 11

That is a weird theme for a shower (and I had a margarita theme 😂 but at least it said something about me)

I think Katie had one of the best shower themes with her gingerbread shower. Michaela did such a great job. Tools is just weird. 

• Upvote 4

It’s weird seeing tools painted in the sort of pale watercolour style that’s generally used for floral themed things. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Travis’s sister Kayla had a baby shower for Kayson. Tools. Fundies and their extreme gender roles are so damn weird. Fucking tools.

E91C91AB-A019-44E1-99BE-FD75E9231BF0.jpeg

I see what you did there with the word "tools".  Perfect.   

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, HeartsAFundie said:

I see what you did there with the word "tools".  Perfect.   

It’s usually just Doug Phillips. But now the Clarks are self proclaimed tools. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha 5

Instead of putting the kid in a basket with a baseball bat propped up on it like Alyssa did, they can put him in a tool box with a hammer propped on the side! It'll be hard to find a beige tool box though...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

At home I'm the one with make up and tools. Husband is the sports and laundry one. We both clean, we both work. He's way more emotional than me. I hate gender stereotypes so bad.

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Instead of putting the kid in a basket with a baseball bat propped up on it like Alyssa did, they can put him in a tool box with a hammer propped on the side! It'll be hard to find a beige tool box though...

I want to see the baby hanging from his overall straps from a utility room pegboard!

Is "Kayson" pronounced as in the Army hymn line, "The Caissons go rolling along"? 😄

• Haha 3

Okay, my eyes are tired and kind of blurry, but I swear the handle on that saw looked like a woman's chest with boobs, nipples included.

• Haha 8

So Kayla (doesn’t she otter go by Kay) is naming her son, Kayson? Really?!? Kay’s Son. Hmm. I guess that could be another version of the junior. Haha

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Oh_Dear! said:

So Kayla (doesn’t she otter go by Kay) is naming her son, Kayson? Really?!? Kay’s Son. Hmm. I guess that could be another version of the junior. Haha

I’m definitely not against naming a child after someone. But Kayson is a bit on the nose for my taste. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

19 hours ago, Oh_Dear! said:

It is a combination of Kayla and Cameron (her husband). 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

10 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I get that it is a combo of both their names but only because they said it the way they used son makes it look like it is all about her lol. Whether she wants it that way or not 

Kaylon Kayron I don't know what they could have used that would have been a more obvious combo of their name 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Then that’s even worse because there’s no s in either of their names. It makes them look stupid. 

Kayron would be a combo that actually makes sense. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Then that’s even worse because there’s no s in either of their names. It makes them look stupid. 

Kayron would be a combo that actually makes sense. 

Except Kayron is an even worse name than Kayson. 

Any Mindy Project fans? The name Kayron makes me immediately think of Ray Ron, the bit character played by Josh Peck.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Except Kayron is an even worse name than Kayson. 

Any Mindy Project fans? The name Kayron makes me immediately think of Ray Ron, the bit character played by Josh Peck.

“Kayron” makes me think of crayon!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

I’m picturing this baby shooting out of the womb with a hammer in one hand and a screwdriver in the other. Hope you like stereotypically masculine pursuits, kid. Otherwise you’re going to be out of luck in this family. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, postscript said:

I’m picturing this baby shooting out of the womb with a hammer in one hand and a screwdriver in the other. Hope you like stereotypically masculine pursuits, kid. Otherwise you’re going to be out of luck in this family. 

But he was created from screwing. It all makes sense!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

Katie posted a reel of Travis's entire family sitting around gazing adoringly at Hailey. And yes, I know she will have a cousin to share the spotlight soon (but I bet they will still make a big fuss over the princess) but it is still an amazing contrast to the other side of the family. From being the first grandchild and niece to being grandchild #24 on the other side. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

Katie posted a reel of Travis's entire family sitting around gazing adoringly at Hailey. And yes, I know she will have a cousin to share the spotlight soon (but I bet they will still make a big fuss over the princess) but it is still an amazing contrast to the other side of the family. From being the first grandchild and niece to being grandchild #24 on the other side. 

It’s crazy, there is no way all these grand kids have any kind of meaningful relationship with their grandparents. How is anyone supposed to keep track of that many grandchildren? They’ll have to focus and keep a calendar to even remember to send everyone a birthday card, there is simply no way they will be able to keep track of all 24 (and counting…) kids’ individual personalities and get to know them by more than name and age.

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, GreenBeans said:

It’s crazy, there is no way all these grand kids have any kind of meaningful relationship with their grandparents. How is anyone supposed to keep track of that many grandchildren? They’ll have to focus and keep a calendar to even remember to send everyone a birthday card, there is simply no way they will be able to keep track of all 24 (and counting…) kids’ individual personalities and get to know them by more than name and age.

I have one,uno ,grandkid. I am 10 years older than KJ and Gil. My GD is my world, and she lives on another continent. There is zero way KJ and Gil have a closer relationship with their infinite number of GKs than I have with my 1 GD. They are like collectors of crap; quantity over meaningful relationships. I am with my GD FT,  about 3 months a year,  caring for her, every day. I am sure, KJ could not say the same for each of her GKs. #s over any kind of significant relationship with EACH 1 mean nothing.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I have one,uno ,grandkid. I am 10 years older than KJ and Gil. My GD is my world, and she lives on another continent. There is zero way KJ and Gil have a closer relationship with their infinite number of GKs than I have with my 1 GD. They are like collectors of crap; quantity over meaningful relationships. I am with my GD FT,  about 3 months a year,  caring for her, every day. I am sure, KJ could not say the same for each of her GKs. #s over any kind of significant relationship with EACH 1 mean nothing.

On Carlin's birthday, Kelly did a reel full of old pictures and what struck me is that there was only a couple pictures of just Carlin, the rest were with at least one sibling..even the one of her on her mother's lap, Trace (14 months older) was also there. Kelly didn't have time to give her children any one on one time and she definitely can't give it to her grandkids when there are so many (and Kelly still has pre-teens at home). 

Katie, child 11, would never have gotten a picture with 8 adults solely focused on her, looking at her like she was the most important thing in the universe and I get the fact that she is very aware of that and of the huge differences between large and small families. 

• Upvote 8

29 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Katie, child 11, would never have gotten a picture with 8 adults solely focused on her, looking at her like she was the most important thing in the universe and I get the fact that she is very aware of that and of the huge differences between large and small families. 

Yes, and while unlimited one on one attention is not ideal either, normal size families will always make the time and have enough attention to focus ONLY on the newborn. My son wasn’t the first grandchild on either side, but you bet both sets of grandparents were and are taking the time to get to know him properly and focus on just him. It works because they only have 3-4 (and no more counting). 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Kelly didn't have time to give her children any one on one time and she definitely can't give it to her grandkids when there are so many (and Kelly still has pre-teens at home). 

Even though they all claim to make sure 1:1 time happens, it’s literally impossible to make it happen in any meaningful way. Their days don’t have more than 24 hours either, and between sleep, chores, school (*cough*), church, family activities and work (at least for the fathers), that probably adds up to leaving something like 1 hour of undivided parental attention per child per month, and that’s if and when it fits into the schedule, not necessarily when that child would NEED their parents. There’s no way these parents really know their kids and are there for them whenever they need them.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic