IGNORED

Katie and Travis 5: Baby Makes Three

Coconut Flan

On 5/26/2023 at 12:50 AM, indianabones said:

Of course Katie is equivalating modifying her child's body to having her baby vaccinated...

Ear piercing isn't on the same level as circumcision or tattoos, but it's still body modification. And unlike shots, medicine, food, sun protection, etc- ear piercing isn't important or necessary for a child's well-being.

Yes, maybe Katie is just trying to spare her daughter some pain. As a side sleeper, though, I can attest that earrings can be uncomfortable to sleep in, especially ones with studs. Between earring and those headwrap things, fundies don't seem to mind making their little girls uncomfortable. Personally, I felt that comfortable babies were worth their weight in gold.

On 5/26/2023 at 2:40 AM, llucie said:

I find clip-on earrings extremely painful so i feel sorry for the people that have to wear those.

Nobody has to wear them. They get their ears pierced or simply choose to wear no earrings.

Edited by Jackie3

So, I was thinking today about the whole ear piercing thing... Obviously the Clarks aren't going to care about this at all but some people may. 

First off, idc if you are male or female and have ear piercings. You do you. 

But... let's say a little girls parents get her ears pierced as a baby and it turns out they are not female, but male. So they become trans when they grow up. As ear piercing is culturally seen as a feminine thing to do, couldn't this cause some body dysmorphia? I got a third ear piercing when I was like, 14 years old and I'm 32 now, even though they have closed up the piercing is still there. There is still a scar there. So couldn't ear piercing be like a reminder to the transman about what sex he was born as?

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, OldFadedStar said:

So, I was thinking today about the whole ear piercing thing... Obviously the Clarks aren't going to care about this at all but some people may. 

First off, idc if you are male or female and have ear piercings. You do you. 

But... let's say a little girls parents get her ears pierced as a baby and it turns out they are not female, but male. So they become trans when they grow up. As ear piercing is culturally seen as a feminine thing to do, couldn't this cause some body dysmorphia? I got a third ear piercing when I was like, 14 years old and I'm 32 now, even though they have closed up the piercing is still there. There is still a scar there. So couldn't ear piercing be like a reminder to the transman about what sex he was born as?

I suspect most trans men are pretty aware of what they were born as. And a lot of men have both ears pierced. Or you could wear one earring or none and the hoe/s close up or nobody really notices. In my area girls routinely get their ears pierced as babies and it's part of the culture and I really don't see anything wrong with it.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

I am not trans but still would have been pretty upset if my parents had done anything to permanently gender my body when I was a baby. That’s my choice, not theirs. 

But I also think jewelry, like make-up, is not appropriate on children too young to ask for it. 

Edited by lumpentheologie
  • Upvote 4

According to their latest video, Katie had a kidney stone.

I suppose the good news is that they already seemed pretty turned off by pregnancy; they've made it clear that it was really rough on her body during and she's had a difficult recovery, which the kidney stone no doubt falls into in their minds (and probably in reality too), and so... Guessing we won't see another Katie pregnancy for a few years.

It seems like she'd be a great candidate for an IUD, as much as I'm sure she's sick of being in pain right now.

• Upvote 4

Katie admitted to using some form of birth control before Hailey, possibly the pill (she definitely made it sound like it was horomonal) and she was pretty clear she wants to wait until Hailey is 2 before she gets pregnant again. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

I love how they go the ED for this intense pain and leave with meds and follow up things to do... yet they are still talking about packing for vacation and leaving that day! You couldn't drag me away on a trip with that much pain. What if it gets stuck and needs surgical removal??

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, gobucks said:

I love how they go the ED for this intense pain and leave with meds and follow up things to do... yet they are still talking about packing for vacation and leaving that day! You couldn't drag me away on a trip with that much pain. What if it gets stuck and needs surgical removal??

I mean, I get it. I would have to be actively  dying to cancel a vacation. Especially if I would lose money or I had been really looking forward to it. Is that a healthy mindset? Nop, but FOMO is real (and guilt over wasted money)

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Boy these folks sure have a great deal of pregnancy and post delivery issues. Maybe they all need to give their bodies some rest.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

24 minutes ago, gobucks said:

Remember when Travis’s mom broke her back on vacation and everyone just kept on vacationing? My family would act so weird if something like that happened to my mom. No one would want to do anything and feel guilty the whole time. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1

Mine would too, but I do remember them saying MamaClark said to enjoy what they could. No reason for them all to sit around the hospital while she was in pain. 

• Upvote 3

Kidney stones are awful. I had one and DAMN was it painful. Many say it’s worse than childbirth, although I wouldn’t know since I haven’t had children. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Kidney stones are awful. I had one and DAMN was it painful. Many say it’s worse than childbirth, although I wouldn’t know since I haven’t had children. 

Katie said it was worse than labor/childbirth.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, marmalade said:

I'm not arguing the pain of kidney stones, but Katie seemed to really like her epidural when Hailey was born.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 3

For me kidney stone pain was worse than labor, but I have easy labors.  Kidney stone pain is constant where labor is in waves.  

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I'm not arguing the pain of kidney stones, but Katie seemed to really like her epidural when Hailey was born.

I had two epidurals. Labor still hurt up until that point where they give you the epidural (and my first epidural actually didn't work, but that is still a whole other story). I have also had a kidney stone and would take labor any day. Labor was shorter for one thing. 

I also don:t understand why these women constantly get shaded for getting an epidural?there are a ton of things to criticize them for but choosing pain relief during childbirth is not one of them. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I think pain can be different from person to person. I had gall bladder attacks starting at age 12. Yes, it was extremely painful and I was often in tears on the floor in pain. I remember someone saying to me that their gall bladder attacks were worse than labor and giving birth. That is completely untrue for me. Giving birth to my son without any pain meds was about 1000 times more painful than my many gall bladder attacks. Therefore I came to a conclusion a long time ago that different body pains are different for each person. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think pain can be different from person to person. I had gall bladder attacks starting at age 12. Yes, it was extremely painful and I was often in tears on the floor in pain. I remember someone saying to me that their gall bladder attacks were worse than labor and giving birth. That is completely untrue for me. Giving birth to my son without any pain meds was about 1000 times more painful than my many gall bladder attacks. Therefore I came to a conclusion a long time ago that different body pains are different for each person. 

This is very true. We all have different pain tolerances. I have ovarian cysts and while they are painful, I have never found them dehabilitating (even when they have burst) and I know people who do find them that painful. 

• Upvote 2

I had easy deliveries, but sooo painful. A had a natural one and an epidural one. Both painful. But I was lucky that I had excellent pospartums, though. 

I remember Michelle Duggar in her 15, 16? delivery implying that it's always hard. 

4 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I also don:t understand why these women constantly get shaded for getting an epidural?there are a ton of things to criticize them for but choosing pain relief during childbirth is not one of them.

I wasn't shading her for getting an epidural.  I was responding to a post stating;

15 hours ago, marmalade said:

and remembered that in their birth video Katie kept remarking on how much pain she wasn't in...both before her epidural (just feeling some pressure) and after the epidural.  I'm glad she had minimal discomfort during labor but found her comparison to the terrible pain of her kidney stone(s) odd because of it.

10 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I wasn't shading her for getting an epidural.  I was responding to a post stating;

and remembered that in their birth video Katie kept remarking on how much pain she wasn't in...both before her epidural (just feeling some pressure) and after the epidural.  I'm glad she had minimal discomfort during labor but found her comparison to the terrible pain of her kidney stone(s) odd because of it.

Katie has also been trained to say she is not in pain (probably because shr I was raised by people who didn't carry insurance) and she has a tendency to down play her own pain and with her labor video that she kept denying she was in labour because she didn't want to make a fuss. 

• Upvote 5

She also was saying that going to the ED made her nervous because it would be a waste of time. It makes me wonder how many times those kids had pains, illnesses, or injuries and the parents just ignored them. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Katie has also been trained to say she is not in pain (probably because shr I was raised by people who didn't carry insurance) and she has a tendency to down play her own pain and with her labor video that she kept denying she was in labour because she didn't want to make a fuss. 

I was going by what she said and posted on YT.

13 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I was going by what she said and posted on YT.

She also said in her birth video that she didn't want to go in and be wrong and she was definitely down playing it. I think Katie acknowledging how much the kidney stones hurt is huge. 

8 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

This is very true. We all have different pain tolerances. I have ovarian cysts and while they are painful, I have never found them dehabilitating (even when they have burst) and I know people who do find them that painful. 

And here ovarian cysts bursting dropped me to the floor straight-up. No yelling, no screaming, I couldn't make any noise, the pain was simply blinding.

Luckily for me it was wasabi-style pain -ridiculously intense but not especially long-lasting.

• I Agree 2
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic