IGNORED

Katie and Travis 5: Baby Makes Three

Coconut Flan

Watching Katie's stories of her ILs with Hailey and I realize Hailey is one of the luckiest Bates grandbabies because she gets to be the center of ehr grandparents world. Yes, Kayla is having a baby soon, but it will still be only two grandchildren (plus a boy and a girl) as opposed to the Bates who have #25 and #26 currently cooking.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

A postparturm Q&A by Katie and Travis in their channel. I will say that in my opinion they come across really likable and natural in this video, more than any of the other siblings that have youtube channels.

Most interesting point is that Katie wants to wait at least 3 years to have the next one, since pregnancy was very hard on her with the morning sickness and she thinks it would be too dificult to care for an infant while being so sick. Travis wants to wait 2 years so the kids are closer in age. Before the baby they both wanted 3 or 4 kids but now both agree to have just 2 or 3.

Also they did a genealogy test collab with Ancestry. He is 81% Irish, Scotish and Welsh and 18% North and west european. Katie is 43% scandinavian (this was a surprise, i didnt expect the Bates biggest % to be scandinavian), 26% english, 11%  Irish, Scotish and Welsh, 11% North and west european, Iberian 4%, Italian 3%, and Finish 1% . So the native american ancestor they have on their family tree either is wrong or i guess too far back to show up on Katies results.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

40 minutes ago, llucie said:

A postparturm Q&A by Katie and Travis in their channel. I will say that in my opinion they come across really likable and natural in this video, more than any of the other siblings that have youtube channels.

Most interesting point is that Katie wants to wait at least 3 years to have the next one, since pregnancy was very hard on her with the morning sickness and she thinks it would be too dificult to care for an infant while being so sick. Travis wants to wait 2 years so the kids are closer in age. Before the baby they both wanted 3 or 4 kids but now both agree to have just 2 or 3.

Also they did a genealogy test collab with Ancestry. He is 81% Irish, Scotish and Welsh and 18% North and west european. Katie is 43% scandinavian (this was a surprise, i didnt expect the Bates biggest % to be scandinavian), 26% english, 11%  Irish, Scotish and Welsh, 11% North and west european, Iberian 4%, Italian 3%, and Finish 1% . So the native american ancestor they have on their family tree either is wrong or i guess too far back to show up on Katies results.

I’m guessing she will have a second baby around 2.5 years after Hailey. And then a 3rd 2.5-3 years after that. And they will stop at 3. That’s the norm for his family. 

• Upvote 8

10 hours ago, llucie said:

It was My Heritage, not ancestry.  Same sort of thing, different company 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m guessing she will have a second baby around 2.5 years after Hailey. And then a 3rd 2.5-3 years after that. And they will stop at 3. That’s the norm for his family. 

Why would they copy what his family does? Do people tend to copy the spacing in their family of origin?

I have a feeling he wanted to wait a year to have a kid because that’s what everyone in his family does. I bet she wanted to have a baby right away. So they compromised at 6 months. Now she wants to wait longer than him for the next. She was so young when she got married. I’m sure she had no clue how hard pregnancy is. Now she does. 

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have a feeling he wanted to wait a year to have a kid because that’s what everyone in his family does. I bet she wanted to have a baby right away. So they compromised at 6 months. Now she wants to wait longer than him for the next. She was so young when she got married. I’m sure she had no clue how hard pregnancy is. Now she does. 

And not just pregnancy, but everything afterward - caring for a newborn is no walk in the park. The sleep deprivation alone is so difficult. I also wonder if she’s had feeding challenges because she originally posted a teary Instagram story about really wanting breastfeeding to work, but shortly afterward we started seeing all the pics with various people giving Hailey bottles, and she also mentioned formula stains on clothing. Postpartum is so hard, and I don’t blame her at all for wanting to wait. Heck I’m almost 10 months postpartum and nowhere near ready for another baby any time soon (plus also reconsidering our family size). I hope she’s getting good support from family and friends. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, Keys said:

And not just pregnancy, but everything afterward - caring for a newborn is no walk in the park. The sleep deprivation alone is so difficult. I also wonder if she’s had feeding challenges because she originally posted a teary Instagram story about really wanting breastfeeding to work, but shortly afterward we started seeing all the pics with various people giving Hailey bottles, and she also mentioned formula stains on clothing. Postpartum is so hard, and I don’t blame her at all for wanting to wait. 

In the Q&A she denies using formula at all. She says she just pumps and gives the milk in bottle because its more convenient to them. 

• Upvote 3

Often if the baby has jaundice and isn't thriving the Dr. wants to measure the daily intake. I had a friend that had twins that had to do that, so she started pumping and feeding by bottle. It did also allow others to help her.She could have fed 10 babies on what she could pump LOL it was insane and she did donate to the hospital.

Edited by Smoochie
  • Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Smoochie said:

Often if the baby has jaundice and isn't thriving the Dr. wants to measure the daily intake. I had a friend that had twins that had to do that, so she started pumping and feeding by bottle. It did also allow others to help her.She could have fed 10 babies on what she could pump LOL it was insane and she did donate to the hospital.

My youngest was a preemie and I had to pump and feed her because we needed to monitor her intake and make sure she was gaining enough. It sucked. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

Apparently Katie is taking cues from Alyssa with the matching mother and daughter dresses. 

At least there is likely only going to be 3 Clark living dolls to wear matching outfits. 

Screenshot_20230409-122310.thumb.png.cfaac55f2179017c5e51ab3ed6cdc94b.png

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

When I was pregnant with my first, Laura Ashley was huge. I wanted a girl so badly, and pictured us wearing matching dresses much like what she is wearing, Laura Ashley style. I didn't actually take into account that I never wear dresses and even then lived in either comfy clothes or jeans and a sweater. 🤣 Then when I got my daughter, and two more, ended up disliking putting dresses on my babies. They always ruched up and the lace was all big and itchy and fussy around their faces. Made it hard for them to crawl too. I also didn't like the pastel-y colors that are so popular in baby clothes. I favored Children's Place and Land's End baby clothes. 

• Upvote 7

6 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Apparently Katie is taking cues from Alyssa with the matching mother and daughter dresses. 

At least there is likely only going to be 3 Clark living dolls to wear matching outfits. 

Travis looks ready for an 8th grade dance, jesus fuck.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Screenshot_20230409-122310.thumb.png.cfaac55f2179017c5e51ab3ed6cdc94b.png

I’m hoping the next two Clark children are boys. So only one matchy mom and child.

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1

18 minutes ago, gobucks said:

Those look like they are from Josie's collection she did with that one brand. 

Similar but not from Josie’s Roolee collection. Josie and her girls wore them today.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.83ad2c1326752f068d2ba8fe27a8c705.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

On 4/9/2023 at 11:13 PM, JDuggs said:

Similar but not from Josie’s Roolee collection. Josie and her girls wore them today.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.83ad2c1326752f068d2ba8fe27a8c705.png

Josie looks like a pinup model in this photo! Zero judgment from me. Rock it, girl. But that slit and that cling I think would give the vast majority of secular people pause on most occasions, particularly at church on Easter. The modesty hypocrisy is so vile. I hope Josie has fully rejected it and just hasn’t made a public pronouncement. 

• Upvote 5

Katie posted in her instagram stories that she painted Hailey's toenails. She's like 5 minutes old. Don't worry; it is that non toxic baby nail polish. 🙄

• Upvote 7

8 minutes ago, gobucks said:

Katie posted in her instagram stories that she painted Hailey's toenails. She's like 5 minutes old. Don't worry; it is that non toxic baby nail polish. 🙄

I don’t even know how her hand could be steady enough to do a decent job. I hated clipping my children’s tiny newborn toenails! I have no idea how I would paint them without covering their entire pinky toe in polish.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t even know how her hand could be steady enough to do a decent job. I hated clipping my children’s tiny newborn toenails! I have no idea how I would paint them without covering their entire pinky toe in polish.

She said it took 30 minutes and the polish made a mess everywhere 🤣 it did look very cute though lol 

• Upvote 3

My mum told me that she cut my toe and finger nails while I was sleeping because I hated it so much as a baby and toddler. She never would have painted my baby nails with nail polish. What is a good age to start with nail polish? My mum rarely had some on her nails, she is a cook, so I only saw nail polish on my grandma or aunts. I think when I was 11 or 12 I wanted nail polish, I started as a teen with dark blue and sparkly silver. But as a child? Maybe on carnival with a costume. Other than that - no. I cannot remember honestly. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Scrabblemaster said:

My mum told me that she cut my toe and finger nails while I was sleeping because I hated it so much as a baby and toddler. She never would have painted my baby nails with nail polish. What is a good age to start with nail polish? My mum rarely had some on her nails, she is a cook, so I only saw nail polish on my grandma or aunts. I think when I was 11 or 12 I wanted nail polish, I started as a teen with dark blue and sparkly silver. But as a child? Maybe on carnival with a costume. Other than that - no. I cannot remember honestly. 

Nowadays I see nail polish on girls and boys at all ages in elementary school. Which is fine. As long as they can ask to have them painted then I’m fine with it. But doing it to a newborn seems like a pain in the ass and a waste of time. But maybe Katie was bored and had time to kill. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

45 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Nowadays I see nail polish on girls and boys at all ages in elementary school. Which is fine. As long as they can ask to have them painted then I’m fine with it. But doing it to a newborn seems like a pain in the ass and a waste of time. But maybe Katie was bored and had time to kill. 

Yep this is important. When my little cousin wanted nail polish when he was about 6, my grandma compromised on some boyish darker red colour. And she painted them (with the parents okay). Pretty cool for my conservative grandma who always cared about what other people might think. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

On 4/9/2023 at 3:28 PM, Kiki03910 said:

Travis looks ready for an 8th grade dance, jesus fuck.

My father saw me looking at that picture and asked had he shaved or had his Bar Mitzvah yet.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

My father saw me looking at that picture and asked had he shaved or had his Bar Mitzvah yet.

I love your dad!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic