IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins 20: Setting Up a Tent at the Train Depot

Coconut Flan

Gary complaining about not having air conditioning... maybe it's an old church that would have to be completely rewired for a.c. or maybe, like my church, they have it but can't afford to run it. He's lucky they have fans 🤷‍♀️

• Upvote 7

Gary's back to being confusing again.  Who is this couple who were lost?  Were they lost spiritually or just lost spatially?  I don't think they are coming back, Gary; they just said that to get away and find a gas station to ask directions.

image.thumb.png.a0672cfe0d6ead79d01b11b9a4f26b4c.png

I don't know where to go with this one, but I had to document it.  Gary, you're having difficulty with more than YouTube.  Talking to FB won't help.  It's Thanks!

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.461435cc49d5e4bc58a871ae659735a2.png

And, here's my favorite.  God wants us to give to the Lord and give up.  If only that were true, Gary, you wouldn't be on the road.

Spoiler

2077734270_Screenshot2022-08-216_19_45PM.thumb.png.7a6022994aa0a16ec1926d68ebca5c85.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 5

It frightens me that churches host him more than once. You want the person talking about god from the pulpit/lectern/etc to be the most knowledgeable person in the building regarding god and the bible (or any other deity/deities and holy writings)

How can that person be Gary???

• Upvote 13

Gary's back on Facebook.

1203449748_Screenshot(10908).png.be62925d478026c385ac1fc5153c22eb.png

Oooh.  Which king?  King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden?  King Letsie III of Lesotho?  Maybe it's King Phillipe of Belgium!  We're going to see the king!  Now I've got "We're off to see the wizard..." running through my head.

For the record, Gar -- you and your fundie preacher idols have been saying the Lord is coming soon for decades.  We no longer believe you.

• Haha 8

26 minutes ago, Xan said:

Gary's back on Facebook.

Oooh.  Which king?  King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden?  King Letsie III of Lesotho?  Maybe it's King Phillipe of Belgium!  We're going to see the king!  Now I've got "We're off to see the wizard..." running through my head.

For the record, Gar -- you and your fundie preacher idols have been saying the Lord is coming soon for decades.  We no longer believe you.

I recently watched a YouTube talk by Drew of Genetically Modified Skeptic. He’s a former fundamentalist Christian, now an atheist, and presents calm, reasonable, well-informed explanations of his beliefs, and I highly recommend him.

He explained that, although he finds the vast majority of Christ’s teachings laudable, he cannot consider himself a Christian because Jesus, according to the words attributed to him in the Gospels, definitely held apocalyptic views. “The end is nigh” has been preached for two millennia, and hasn’t come yet.

• Upvote 5

37 minutes ago, Xan said:

Gary's back on Facebook.

Now I have "Soon and Very Soon" stuck in my head. 

I thought that one had a bit much of a beat for Gary, it's a good old rollicking gospel song. Especially excellent when sung by an African American church choir. Even white audiences clap along with that one usually.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Hane said:

I recently watched a YouTube talk by Drew of Genetically Modified Skeptic. He’s a former fundamentalist Christian, now an atheist, and presents calm, reasonable, well-informed explanations of his beliefs, and I highly recommend him.

He explained that, although he finds the vast majority of Christ’s teachings laudable, he cannot consider himself a Christian because Jesus, according to the words attributed to him in the Gospels, definitely held apocalyptic views. “The end is nigh” has been preached for two millennia, and hasn’t come yet.

I like Drew's videos. Paulogia, as well. Although I never had to go through a painful deconversion stage like they did, where they ended up, and what they have to say about it, rings true to me.

34 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Now I have "Soon and Very Soon" stuck in my head. 

Deja vu all over again!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Gary's mom went into the hospital.  I was clued in that something was going on because Becky commented she was praying for her on the service's Live tonight. I watched a little bit of the service.  Jacob told the congregation his grandmother went into the hospital, and he was singing her favorite song about the eye of a sparrow. Gary asked for prayer.  His mom has "the Covid"  but the biggest concern is she also has "the trembles."  She is having an MRI tomorrow morning to see if it is a stroke or  a seizure.

Gary does seem concerned; I'm not sure if it's about his mom or a possible future interruption of his schedule. They are not going back home because they are not scheduled to go back home until the seventh of October.  Gary said he can pray just as well in New York as at home.  He can't go into see her anyways because of the Covid.

ETA: There is a man in the front of the congregation who might be wearing a yarmulke.  Nothing wrong with this; it's just not what is typically seen from the Gary crowd.

image.thumb.png.d8176ea4c9c84544b2138eadb1cb078c.png

Edited by Joyster
  • Thank You 10

1 hour ago, Joyster said:

Gary said he can pray just as well in New York as at home.  He can't go into see her anyways because of the Covid.

This is pretty convenient for Gary.  He isn't even considering that he might go back and be a source of support for his father.  He could drive him or take him to get lunch.  He probably could visit -- at least from a distance or through a window -- if he would mask and gown.  He just doesn't like his schedule interrupted.

I did watch a tiny bit of his sermon.  I was skipping around and I kept hearing him literally screaming about how in Hell you burn FOREVER!  At one point, the closed caption function interpreted Gary as saying "the gnashing of feet".  That made me giggle and I figured I'd better stop there because I rarely leave a Bro Gary sermon in a good mood.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Joyster said:

Gary's mom went into the hospital.  I was clued in that something was going on because Becky commented she was praying for her on the service's Live tonight. I watched a little bit of the service.  Jacob told the congregation his grandmother went into the hospital, and he was singing her favorite song about the eye of a sparrow. Gary asked for prayer.  His mom has "the Covid"  but the biggest concern is she also has "the trembles."  She is having an MRI tomorrow morning to see if it is a stroke or  a seizure.

Gary does seem concerned; I'm not sure if it's about his mom or a possible future interruption of his schedule. They are not going back home because they are not scheduled to go back home until the seventh of October.  Gary said he can pray just as well in New York as at home.  He can't go into see her anyways because of the Covid.

ETA: There is a man in the front of the congregation who might be wearing a yarmulke.  Nothing wrong with this; it's just not what is typically seen from the Gary crowd.

Was the song “His Eye is on the Sparrow?” That’s my sister’s go-to funeral song. She’s played it on the flute at all our grandparents funerals. It’s very pretty. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Was the song “His Eye is on the Sparrow?” That’s my sister’s go-to funeral song. She’s played it on the flute at all our grandparents funerals. It’s very pretty. 

I know that song from Sister Act 2 - Lauryn Hill sings it and it's amazing because she's amazing. Now I'm giong to have to go watch Sister Act 2 again. 

• I Agree 2

@Alisamer, I was wrong. The preceding  music by somebody else was the "His Eyes are  on the Sparrow."  For some reason, probably because Becky commented on the eyes of the sparrow,  I thought Jacob was also singing about the sparrow. However, it is really difficult to tell what he is singing about.  It sounds like mumble jumble, and at the parts that were enunciated, Gary was whooping and hollering by the camera, which makes it difficult to hear Jacob. 

Jacob has little control over his where he goes or what he does right now in his life.  Maybe Becky put him up to singing his grandma's favorite song, but I am choosing to think he chose to do it because it was the one thing he could do for grandma 600 miles away.  

Edited by Joyster
changed Caleb to Jacob
  • Upvote 7

Jacob might have been singing "there is a record book", the only words I could understand were 'there is a record' and something about blood. He sings as well as Gary. Stick to the guitar, kid.

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, Xan said:

This is pretty convenient for Gary.  He isn't even considering that he might go back and be a source of support for his father.  He could drive him or take him to get lunch.  He probably could visit -- at least from a distance or through a window -- if he would mask and gown.  He just doesn't like his schedule interrupted.

In theory. That is, a person can do all of that, and it would be supportive and helpful.

I'm disgusted by Gary's complete unwillingness to ever do anything he doesn't feel like doing. But, if he was a member of my family, and I had a health issue or any other kind of crisis, "don't let him anywhere near me or our other loved ones" would probably be on my list of requests.

Gary being Gary, staying away may be the most helpful thing he can do!

1 hour ago, MayMay1123 said:

Jacob might have been singing "there is a record book",

That's what it was.

To be well known of men, I may not ever be.
I'm sure my name will not go down in history.
There'll be no marble plaques to tell of my good deeds.
Nor any great parades to honor me.

But there's a record book, my name is written in,
It was recorded there when I was born again.
No one can blot it out, it's sealed forever more.
It's in that Book of Life kept by the Lord.

For every deed i do, for every word i say;
There is a record kept until the judgment day
My name will not be lost , misplaced or overlooked
For it's kept safely in God's record book.

Yes, there's a record book, my name is written in,
It was recorded there when I was born again.
No one can blot it out, it's sealed forever more.
It's in that Book of Life kept by the Lord.

I'd say it was a morbid thing to sing when a loved one is having a health crisis, but these people talk and sing about impending death constantly, so it's no change from their usual focus.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

On 8/23/2022 at 10:48 AM, Xan said:

Gary's back on Facebook.

If that post got "We're off to see the wizard..." stuck in your head, I imagine you've never actually heard "Soon and very soon"! (Which is now going to be stuck in my head for *days*!)

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

7 hours ago, Pammy said:

If that post got "We're off to see the wizard..." stuck in your head, I imagine you've never actually heard "Soon and very soon"! (Which is now going to be stuck in my head for *days*!)

What latched itself to my brain first was "...we're going to see the king".  After I watched the "Soon and Very Soon" video, I got that song stuck in there as well.  I have the lyrics to a couple of hundred songs lodged in my head but I just went into the kitchen and couldn't remember what I was going in there to get.  The mind is a dark forest...

• Haha 6
  • Love 2

On 8/23/2022 at 9:28 PM, Joyster said:

I hope Gary's mother is okay. It doesn't sound good and there is probably some chance she isn't vaccinated.

On the yarmulke: It would be nice if the church welcomed Jewish people to visit, but most churches Gary would go to wouldn't be supportive of a Jewish person just visiting. They would probably try to convert the Jewish person. Either that or this Christian person is appropriating Jewish culture, which isn't cool.  

• I Agree 3

Gary is posting his pithy comments on Facebook again:

1149774702_Screenshot(10973).png.3cd156403eb6903d4b226d26a0be6c8d.png

You can go to hell for not being a preacher?  Oh my.  Gary's god is tough.

1239983534_Screenshot(10974).png.dca041b0b97dce349f475f0494660b9b.png

You know what, Gar?  We needs for you to be quiet for a while.

1098535460_Screenshot(10975).png.5c56de91036760269b09a2c428af14f0.png

Did anyone say God wasn't able?  

1616484655_Screenshot(10976).png.fb54742e80517f7e29c7b1e24bb2ec11.png

Better get to church and give Gary some money or you'll die or get left behind during the Rapture.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

So the  All.knowing, All-seeing God called Kevin into Ministry to save people, while perfectly aware that Kevin is wild and disobedient and will end up in Hell, not being saved himself.

Because Kevin is a plumber.

• Haha 10

9 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

So the  All.knowing, All-seeing God called Kevin into Ministry to save people, while perfectly aware that Kevin is wild and disobedient and will end up in Hell, not being saved himself.

Because Kevin is a plumber.

Stop it. I'm trying not to laugh too hard in a staff meeting at present, and you are NOT helping!! 🤣🤣

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, SisterCupcake said:

Stop it. I'm trying not to laugh too hard in a staff meeting at present, and you are NOT helping!! 🤣🤣

A staff meeting? You are so going to Hell, you have a paying job.  

• Haha 8

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic