IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins 20: Setting Up a Tent at the Train Depot

Coconut Flan

There's a clear divide in intellectual capacity, there. Gary doesn't understand metaphor, or figures of speech, or turns of phrase, or variations in connotations of words from translation to translation. His reading comprehension level is "KJB say fire, must mean fire like in the burn barrel out back of Bubba's house."

I don't have any real feelings about Billy Graham because I haven't looked into him much, but he clearly was intelligent and a thinking person. Gary is the sort of guy whose brain overheats if he tries to contemplate anything above a 3rd grade level, and that's being generous. He's just reposting stuff he's seen somebody else bitch about, I'd bet. 

Hope his mom is doing well for her sake, though. Sepsis is no joke in the elderly. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

The interesting thing to me is Gary's need for people to burn in Hell.  He loves to talk about sinners frying like sausages.  He's convinced himself that everyone who doesn't believe the strict, literal version of the KJV Bible is going to be punished and he himself will be greatly rewarded.  It feels sadistic.

I'm not sure of the causation although having his father also preaching stupidly is probably a big part of it.  Gary must have sensed early on that he wasn't a great student.  Somehow, he still ended up with an outsized ego and absolutely nothing on which to base it.  Then he found the preaching circuit and that was his niche.  He didn't have to shoulder big responsibilities, didn't have to provide for his family, and got to stand in front of people and berate them.  The real puzzle to me is why anyone would attend more than one of his sermons.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

10 minutes ago, Xan said:

I'm not sure of the causation although having his father also preaching stupidly is probably a big part of it.  Gary must have sensed early on that he wasn't a great student.  Somehow, he still ended up with an outsized ego and absolutely nothing on which to base it.  Then he found the preaching circuit and that was his niche.  He didn't have to shoulder big responsibilities, didn't have to provide for his family, and got to stand in front of people and berate them.  The real puzzle to me is why anyone would attend more than one of his sermons.

He is like Dunning-Kruger in action. Too stupid to realize he's stupid.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

Gary thinks God is crazy.

Spoiler

Ok folks it's time to wake up. I have no doubt that GOD is mad. Let's turn now before it's to late. There is a loving GOD but also a judging GOD.

Bro Gary Hawkins

God loves Gary and people who amen at Gary.  Everyone else God is angry at. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

He just posted a pic of himself with their "new dog". I wonder what happened to Rascal. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 6

15 minutes ago, griffin said:

He just posted a pic of himself with their "new dog". I wonder what happened to Rascal. 

I hope he didn't get sick on the way to church and Gary booted him into the ditch so he wouldn't be late (meaning an hour early) to the service.

Because I'm pretty sure Gary once said that's what he'd do if that happened.

I hope Becky is fully in charge of making sure the dog is cared for, because Gary is useless. 

• Upvote 8

I have been ignoring Bro Gary way too much lately, but I'm back at the old stand, and catching up.

On 9/3/2022 at 7:17 PM, Ozlsn said:

LORD the time is all the good. The good time is all the LORD. The good LORD is all the time.

Gary... I feel like you missed a few opportunities there.

I didn't ask for the anal probe.

Spoiler

On 9/8/2022 at 1:00 PM, AmazonGrace said:

Are we would be - yes be would we are.

Hide contents

Ok folks if the LORD has given you another day. And you are Saved. Go tell someone about JESUS. If you are lost get Saved before it's to late. GOD not done are we would be out of here. Let's see what today will bring.

Bro Gary Hawkins

Are we not fundies, we are Devoted.

19 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I hope he didn't get sick on the way to church and Gary booted him into the ditch so he wouldn't be late (meaning an hour early) to the service.

Because I'm pretty sure Gary once said that's what he'd do if that happened.

You remember correctly.

I hope that Rascal is OK. If he is no longer among the living, I hope that his passing was peaceful and pain-free.

And I hope the new dog has a happy life. For all that, in many ways, she's as much of a sack of shit as her husband, I do think Becky takes good care of pets, so that's something.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Gideon has a message for us:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.e2466f3428cde5dc2c761eb99aaaa1ec.png

What a cute floofer! Too bad he's stuck with Gary all the time. 

I also have a Gideon:

Spoiler

He's at least half demon, and a grave robber working with a black market antiquities dealer.

I totally can't wait to get in my new (old) larger house and have more space to display my dolls and hopefully more time to play with them, too! I barely even have any photos of this guy.

(He's a Dream of Doll Kalix, a very old limited edition I was super lucky to find secondhand for almost the same price as new.)

805766142_IMG_84202.thumb.jpg.26b4144ea3ab7b3899b88b6abe4930fc.jpg

• Upvote 5

I think Gary would find your Gideon satanic, and wonder what you do in your spare time!

I, however, like both Gideons, as different as they are from one another.

• Upvote 5

Gideon is a cute dog. I’m a little surprised to see Gary saying he’s a good dog, though. Gary never seemed to like Rascal. I always got the impression the dog was for Becky’s benefit and Gary tolerated him in the same way he tolerates Becky’s need for sand therapy.  

I hope Gideon is fixed. I can just imagine him impregnating other dogs during their travels. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

44 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

I think Gary would find your Gideon satanic, and wonder what you do in your spare time!

I, however, like both Gideons, as different as they are from one another.

Oh, I'm sure Gary would be horrified. 

And thank you! I didn't actually do anything to my Gideon except pick his eyes, he was the rare "fullset" doll that I loved as is. 

• Upvote 2

Know that God could help you but He doesn't want to.

Spoiler

Ok folks quit saying GOD can't and start knowing HE can.
Bro Gary Hawkins

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

You have to believe, except Jesus.

Spoiler

Ok folks you can go to Church, you can go to the alter, you can read your KJB but if you have never been Born Again. You won't be going to Heaven. You have to Believe, receive and Except what JESUS did on the old Rugged cross and Repent from yourself to GOD.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 5

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

You have to believe, except Jesus.

Hide contents

Ok folks you can go to Church, you can go to the alter, you can read your KJB but if you have never been Born Again. You won't be going to Heaven. You have to Believe, receive and Except what JESUS did on the old Rugged cross and Repent from yourself to GOD.

Oh yeah, I remember why I don't read Bro Gary thread regularly. He makes me roll my eyeballs out of their sockets. My first thought was - and Gary which gospel verse did Jesus say the person has to be born again to go to heaven. 

John 14:6 “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man comes to the Father but by me” ... hmm nope

Matthew 18:2-5 "Calling a little child forward, he had him stand among them. Then he said, "I tell all of you with certainty, unless you change and become like little children, you will never get into the kingdom from heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom from heaven, and whoever receives a little child like this in my name receives me." 

Gee Gary, why don't you quote Jesus on how to get into heaven? Oh is it because Jesus didn't say the things you preach? ah yes, that seems right. 

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Gee Gary, why don't you quote Jesus on how to get into heaven? Oh is it because Jesus didn't say the things you preach? ah yes, that seems right. 

As far as Gary and his ilk are concerned, the only thing that Jesus did that "saves" people is being born, working miracles, dying, and coming back again. His statements are moot, to them.

I actually have heard them quote the two verses you cited, but they only focus on belief in Jesus doing the things I listed above, not his advice about how to behave.

To Gary, being like the little child, or knowing that Jesus is the way to the father, is only about belief in the magical parts of the story. He thinks he's doing everything right, by just believing in the supernatural.

Receiving, helping, and learning from a little child, or genuinely humbling himself (as opposed to being faux-humble while being one of the most arrogant people I've ever seen), is not part of the equation, in his mind, let alone all of that widows, orphans and meek inheriting the earth stuff.

That's  :fainting:  works!

Go to the alter!

ETA - hey, he (or his talk-to-text) got closer to the correct spelling of "accept" this time!

Spoiler

image.png.73fd9956aba9b0b8db96b9a7786d684b.png

I see so call people of God (as opposed to so call dead people, Gary?), in this Money hunger world.

Spoiler

image.png.c955534781142151be0f09bea071389d.png

Edited by thoughtful
riffle
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Thank You 5

Some comments under Gary's picture with Gideon:

Spoiler

image.png.95bcb498ba0736b8081e3fd7bddab6d9.png

Wow - Gary actually knows Gideon's breed - maybe he is interested in this dog.

Lurlene needs to go to the optometrist:

Spoiler

image.png.0c44f7513588e0e89da4d6aa72c80e61.png

• Haha 10

Gary’s sister posted an update on Gary’s mom.  It’s a long road for his mom, so I guess that means Gary will hit the road again.  DA188200-964A-4770-8982-8F939B08D735.thumb.jpeg.45a4ca04c5f349af273489170574dc17.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 12

9 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

What will Gary do to help, besides nothing?

@AmazonGrace, you cynic - he will pray and pray and pray for her . . . whenever Becky reminds him to do so.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

I hope this “college” (using the word in its loosest possible meaning) will hold its students to a higher standard of grammar than Gary displays in that post. Not holding my breath, though. It will be interesting to see if it ever gets off the ground and, if so, what they teach. That so-called bachelor’s degree won’t be worth the paper it’s printed on. 

I’m surprised he adds “and women.” He’s made it quite clear he doesn’t consider women good for anything other than birthin’ babies and perhaps providing music for services. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, postscript said:

I’m surprised he adds “and women.” He’s made it quite clear he doesn’t consider women good for anything other than birthin’ babies and perhaps providing music for services. 

I would be surprised, if it weren't for the fact that women are good for $30 per course, just like men are.

I guess their excuse for allowing women is so they can be better homeschoolers, and helpers at vacation bible school and kids' groups in the church.

Between scrubbing the church toilet and making casseroles, of course.

• Upvote 7

16 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

What will Gary do to help, besides nothing?

Leave and stay out of the way?

If I was retired and bored it might be worth $30 just to see what sort of terrible insanity that "course" is for that "college". But I'm not sure I could ever get THAT bored. 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

If I was retired and bored it might be worth $30 just to see what sort of terrible insanity that "course" is for that "college".

They say you can email for a sample course - maybe it's free!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic