IGNORED

Dillards 91: Increments of Change or Not?

samurai_sarah

10 hours ago, louisa05 said:

I assume even if he was working as a prosecutor, that would be a conflict of interest and he could not be assigned to their case. 

Yes, but a girl can dream. 

10 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I keep thinking the next Duggar legal disaster is going to have to be JimBob in the hot seat. There is simply no way on earth that all of his money and property shuffling and campaigning and such has all been completely above board. The dude just oozes "shady" to me. 

Oh yeah, I think at some point Jim Bob will get caught in his own web

• Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 2

I looked him up in some of the surrounding state Bar results after he didn't show up on the Arkansas pass list from the last test. I know I checked MO and Oklahoma for sure and he wasn't on either of those.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

I’d say their most likely landing site is Little Rock.I just hope that DD has matured enough to not show his ass and tarnish his new career and negatively impact his family. I also hope Jill quickly forms a decent support system. She has a lot going on and a partner who will be working long hours. The older boys will be in school ( I HOPE THEY MAINTAIN THAT) so that’s a built in community, but a new baby along with a move will be rough! Stay in counseling, Dillards!

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I’d say their most likely landing site is Little Rock.I just hope that DD has matured enough to not show his ass and tarnish his new career and negatively impact his family. I also hope Jill quickly forms a decent support system. She has a lot going on and a partner who will be working long hours. The older boys will be in school ( I HOPE THEY MAINTAIN THAT) so that’s a built in community, but a new baby along with a move will be rough! Stay in counseling, Dillards!

I hope they stick with a good public school or even a good private school, not Chelsea Pomroy’s private school. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I hope they stick with a good public school or even a good private school, not Chelsea Pomroy’s private school. 

Their school is only for church members. I think they will stick with public school which is the best choice a Duggar has ever made. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, theotherelise said:

I looked him up in some of the surrounding state Bar results after he didn't show up on the Arkansas pass list from the last test. I know I checked MO and Oklahoma for sure and he wasn't on either of those.

The Arkansas Bar has reciprocal relationships with those of Missouri and Oklahoma: https://www.arcourts.gov/sites/default/files/List of Reciprocal and Nonreciprocal Jurisdictions.pdf

• Thank You 2

Does it mean that Arkansas will recognize attorneys that have passed the bar in those states, but does it also mean that the other states have to recognize the Arkansas attorneys?

Usually it’s State A will accept State B applicants if State B accepts State A applicants. Most of states with reciprocity require the person to have a certain number of years of practicing law in their own state in order to be admitted to practice law in the other state based on reciprocity. Usually it’s around 5 years.  

• Upvote 6

On 4/20/2022 at 2:33 PM, Travelfan said:

Extremist at either end are scary!

I know several former hardcore fundagelical who are no longer in that world and have latched on to other extreme views or lifestyles. One is a life coach/mlm shill/health nut to extremes. And I suspect the mlm is filling the place that her fundagelical cult like religion has in her life. Two are left wing extremists. 

I suspect that when you are raised in those extremist cults it’s hard to learn to be moderate. They were always told they had to be “on fire” for what they believed or they didn’t really believe it. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

6 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

I know several former hardcore fundagelical who are no longer in that world and have latched on to other extreme views or lifestyles. One is a life coach/mlm shill/health nut to extremes. And I suspect the mlm is filling the place that her fundagelical cult like religion has in her life. Two are left wing extremists. 

I suspect that when you are raised in those extremist cults it’s hard to learn to be moderate. They were always told they had to be “on fire” for what they believed or they didn’t really believe it. 

Interesting. My good friend from childhood always pushed the boundaries of life: riding a motorcycle to girls Catholic HS in the 70s, sky diving  and piloting a plane in college, massive food consumption, now extremely thin and exerciseoholic (we are in our 60s). She married a fundie and had 3 kids in three years, and then many years later a 4th. She is all Jesus all of the time. Yes, extreme views and lifestyles exactly describes it. Her parents were very devout Catholics. I’m not sure what actual religious denomination she now subscribes to. I think at 1 point they were Presbyterians. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today Jill took the boys to the library and to swimming lessons. Wonder if Michelle or JB ever took their children to swim school or the library, ever, let alone on the same day!

Jill is breaking the cycle.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 4

24 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Today Jill took the boys to the library and to swimming lessons. Wonder if Michelle or JB ever took their children to swim school or the library, ever, let alone on the same day!

Jill is breaking the cycle.

You know what’s weird? JB loves free shit. He admits it. Yet how often did we see the Duggars going to the library on their show? You would think all fundies would use the hell out of the library. Yet the only fundies that use it regularly are Zoo and Courtney. It’s sad. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You know what’s weird? JB loves free shit. He admits it. Yet how often did we see the Duggars going to the library on their show? You would think all fundies would use the hell out of the library. Yet the only fundies that use it regularly are Zoo and Courtney. It’s sad. 

Kids might have learnt something outside of Duggar indoctrination and that can't happen....

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 1

22 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Kids might have learnt something outside of Duggar indoctrination and that can't happen....

That’s what I was thinking. Were they afraid they would check out a book that isn’t fundie approved? It wouldn’t surprise me. Zoo orders all of her books before they even go to the library. Then she picks them up and off they go. That way she can control what they read. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

22 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s what I was thinking. Were they afraid they would check out a book that isn’t fundie approved? It wouldn’t surprise me. Zoo orders all of her books before they even go to the library. Then she picks them up and off they go. That way she can control what they read. 

Anything beyond the Bible or Waiting for Prince Charming is taboo. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

8 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Anything beyond the Bible or Waiting for Prince Charming is taboo. 

I’ve noticed that some fundies allow some really old books because they think they are less worldly and things were better back then. So they allow Jane Austen without realizing Jane’s heroines weren’t always the meek submissive ladies they wanted their daughters to become. 

• Upvote 8

I remember when the Duggars visited a school and one of the students asked what was their favorite book. One of the girls responded, Waiting for Prince Charming. Pretty sad. Glad Jill is allowing her boys more scope. Maybe Jill can catch up with some YA herself.

• Upvote 4

Grew up in a large family and trips to the library were frequent and fun! Our library was a very old building, it had been funded by Andrew Carnegie in the early 1900s. The children’s library had its own entrance accessed by stone steps down to the basement. It was magical. My mom loved the library as much as us kids. These are some of my very fondest childhood memories.

I absolutely loved raising my child and it was so fun going to the library and having him take lessons at the pool. Good for Jill. 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 7

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve noticed that some fundies allow some really old books because they think they are less worldly and things were better back then. So they allow Jane Austen without realizing Jane’s heroines weren’t always the meek submissive ladies they wanted their daughters to become. 

I nearly threw up when I saw Ivy in a tshirt with an anne of green gables quote (the october one). 

I was like back of Jessa don't taint my favs 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Unfortunately said fundie daughters are being homeschooled by said fundie idiots, so they have even less chance of picking up on it.

• Sad 1

I doubt the Duggar kids read many books that weren’t the bible or about the bible. Jinger said she started reading books because Jeremy loves books.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

I doubt the Duggar kids read many books that weren’t the bible or about the bible. Jinger said she started reading books because Jeremy loves books.

But Jinger is still reading religious material. I remember when she proudly proclaimed that she was reading a bio of Susie Spurgeon. I'm sure if she's reading non-biblical books these days, they're in that vein. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, marmalade said:

But Jinger is still reading religious material. I remember when she proudly proclaimed that she was reading a bio of Susie Spurgeon. I'm sure if she's reading non-biblical books these days, they're in that vein. 

She should try Christopher Hitchens next.

• Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

Honestly, there was no time for books because their parents collected and hoarded children like most households collect used produce and grocery bags. Why did these folks never realize that children require and deserve parental time, energy and money to grow up secure, healthy and intact?  WHY?

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I remember when the Duggars visited a school and one of the students asked what was their favorite book. One of the girls responded, Waiting for Prince Charming. Pretty sad. Glad Jill is allowing her boys more scope. Maybe Jill can catch up with some YA herself.

Ironically I'm pretty sure that girl was Jill. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic