IGNORED

Dillards 91: Increments of Change or Not?

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, metheglyn said:

It's not precisely a matter of registration, I don't think. But the address associated with Derick on the Arkansas Judiciary's Attorney Search is for the Adair County Courthouse. Looking at some of the other attorneys' records, it looks like the address field is just how to contact the attorney in question, as some people have what look like home addresses recorded (in both Arkansas and other states/DC), but others instead show law firm addresses or PO Boxes. So Derick's current contact info places him at the courthouse, which means he has to be connected with it somehow. Whether that's his new "permanent" work address or not remains to be seen.

https://attorneyinfo.aoc.arkansas.gov/info/attorney/Attorney_Search_Detail.aspx?ID=af2d1c56-f023-4022-88c6-d1ea25d750a3

When I put that address into Google maps it pops up as an empty lot.

1 hour ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

When I put that address into Google maps it pops up as an empty lot.

It does. But if you poke around it looks like the map is just pointing slightly wrong. From Google, the Court House, Clerk Office, and District Judge are all at 220:

image.png.46cfbd008a67961bd4a2d35816d3344f.png

It appears that the problem is that the actual location is on the  other side of the street from where Google wants to put the pin for the address in question. The Pin with the white center in the bottom right marked as the "Adair County Commissioner" is where Google's sticking the pin, which is indeed an empty lot. However, the red-centered Pin for the Adair County Courthouse is also listed as 220 W Division Street if you click on the office name, and it's a real, standing building that has Court House inscribed on the front of the building on Street View. So Google Maps has goofed on this somehow.

image.thumb.png.d0c34f4e723dac1125ea9b3effd525e0.png

Edited by metheglyn
meant to quote Father Son Holy Goat; can't tell my left from my right
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

There are two, soon to be three, Dillard children who are not "raging assholes." I'd prefer them to learn to experience the real America with the rest of us.

1. I’m clearly not referring to children/babies, not sure why you would even suggest that. 

2. There’s not one “real America”. There are thousands. Like everyone else their experiences will be subjective and influenced by their upbringing, family, friends, life-events, personality etc. The choices the Dillard children make when they become adults are up to them.

Their dad is a messy-bitch and sometimes entertaining asshole IMO. He’s still bigoted in a lot of ways but I’m sure he doesn’t believe so. 

I’m not trying to fight with you, I’m just stating that this idea of “exposure” being the driving force for producing non-bigoted people is faulty. It’s a lot more complicated than that. 

• Upvote 11
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

I agree - if they can hate the sin, love the sinner they can certainly associate with but not respect other cultures. I hope the boys are able to experience diversity in their friend groups with minimal commentary from their parents. I think that's likely the best we can hope for, but would love to be proven wrong.

• Upvote 8

Jill is being tested for gestational diabetes, is this a normal pregnancy thing or are they testing because there’s cause for concern? I’ve never been pregnant so I don’t know.

• Upvote 1

It's pretty normal. But she might be at a higher risk, since previous bouts with it might be why she had such big babies. 

• Upvote 9

43 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Jill is being tested for gestational diabetes, is this a normal pregnancy thing or are they testing because there’s cause for concern? I’ve never been pregnant so I don’t know.

Standard to be tested at two different points in the pregnancy in the US.

• Upvote 3

As far as I know it’s only once in Australia. A lot of women dread it because the drink is basically pure sugar and they hate the taste and they get Ill. I didn’t mind the drink it was kind of like undiluted cordial. It was just boring sitting there for hours waiting for the 🩸  tests 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BadMurphy said:

Standard to be tested at two different points in the pregnancy in the US.

Are you sure? I’ve had 4 babies in the US but have only been tested once in each pregnancy and haven’t heard of doing it twice unless the mom to be fails the first test. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

10 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

As far as I know it’s only once in Australia. A lot of women dread it because the drink is basically pure sugar and they hate the taste and they get Ill. I didn’t mind the drink it was kind of like undiluted cordial. It was just boring sitting there for hours waiting for the 🩸  tests 

I can’t stand drinking out of polystyrene cups and hate the flavour of the drink. Still surprised I didn’t puke, especially as anything sweet already made me feel ill for my second and third pregnancy. And I had to entertain my toddler the third time. Nasty, nasty stuff!

• Upvote 3

I only did the test once per pregnancy. 

We'll, actually, twice with the first one, but that was an accident. While I was waiting for the blood draw, I vomitted up the gross liquid and peed everywhere. Because when I got pregnant, my body decided that vomiting was a great time to pee. 

So I had to come back another day to retake the test. 

Edited by anjulibai
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 19

7 hours ago, anjulibai said:

We'll, actually, twice with the first one, but that was an accident. While I was waiting for the blood draw, I vomitted up the gross liquid and peed everywhere. Because when I got pregnant, my body decided that vomiting was a great time to pee. 

You poor thing.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, anjulibai said:

That happened to me at the end of my pregnancy with kid #2. March, Tidewater VA, allergies and pregnant. I spent a month puking and peeing. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why I started dilating early. Every barf (multiple times a day) just pushed his head further into my cervix. If I remember right, I never got to the once a week check ups with him. He was due late April and was born April 3. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

Jill posted a sneak peak on Instagram from inside their new home. She tagged a painting company that has helped them with some renovations before they are moving in. The company is based in Springdale, Arkansas. So I don't think they've moved to Oklahoma. I just think they bought a bigger house and is moving within the NW Arkansas area. 

• Upvote 5

I could see Derrick putting a stop to the shoddy, half-assed construction work of the Duggar boys now that he no longer feels he has to play nice. No funds being poured into JB's pocket? The icing on the cake. 

• Upvote 12

Is that what the boys do? I keep wondering what they all do for a living. 

• Haha 2

I had two glucose tolerance tests for both pregnancies over 30 years ago.  The first was a one hour test which was part of routine prenatal care.  When my results were too high I then had to do the three hour test which established that I did have gestational diabetes.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

My ob wanted two 1hr tests. I guess this is standard for them but because I'm overweight I got salty about it and instead checked my blood sugar with a glucometer 6x daily for 6 weeks. Then I got the "second" test a little after 20 weeks. Later I found out that was standard for them and not weight profiling... and had to laugh at myself a little.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, xenobia said:

Jill posted a sneak peak on Instagram from inside their new home. She tagged a painting company that has helped them with some renovations before they are moving in. The company is based in Springdale, Arkansas. So I don't think they've moved to Oklahoma. I just think they bought a bigger house and is moving within the NW Arkansas area. 

Their new home is in Siloam Springs. It's about half an hour commute to Stillwell.

• Thank You 7

24 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Their new home is in Siloam Springs. It's about half an hour commute to Stillwell.

Did Josh and Anna have a house there?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Guanabana said:

Did Josh and Anna have a house there?

Yes, that's where they lived when they returned from DC.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

They also seem to have got the work done either free or for a discount as it is tagged #partner. It will really suck for JB that she is outgrifting him or any of the sons and he isn’t getting any of the benefit! 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, Idlewild said:

They also seem to have got the work done either free or for a discount as it is tagged #partner. It will really suck for JB that she is outgrifting him or any of the sons and he isn’t getting any of the benefit! 

I wouldn’t want to be living at Chez Duggar this week.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic