IGNORED

Dillards 91: Increments of Change or Not?

samurai_sarah

9 hours ago, marmalade said:

Their new home is in Siloam Springs. It's about half an hour commute to Stillwell.

Doesn't Sierra Dominguez live in Siloam Springs? its also home to John Brown University-- isn't that where Jessa got married?

33 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Doesn't Sierra Dominguez live in Siloam Springs? its also home to John Brown University-- isn't that where Jessa got married?

Jinger I think. Wasn’t Jessa married in a Baptist Church in maybe Bentonville?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

John Brown has a nursing major!

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

John Brown has a nursing major!

I'm still sad that I discovered that John Brown University isn't named after the righteous abolitionist.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I'm still sad that I discovered that John Brown University isn't named after the righteous abolitionist.

Ugh, which awful fundie is it named after?

• I Agree 2

9 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I wouldn’t want to be living at Chez Duggar this week.

I’m hoping all the adults are finding many excuses to be out of the house. And I hope the teens can find somewhere to hide in the house. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I wouldn’t want to be living at Chez Duggar this week.

Or any week!

What’s the Dillards new school district like? Is there much of a chance of their boys meeting a variety of people or encountering another political or religious view?

• I Agree 1

25 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m hoping all the adults are finding many excuses to be out of the house. And I hope the teens can find somewhere to hide in the house. 

The one benefit of those teens having a bunch of adult  siblings with endless nieces and nephews . “Hey, Ma,  Kendra could really use some help with the kids, can you send Jenny over to stay for a week?” “ Hey Ma, You know how hard pregnancy is on Abby - could you send Josie over to play with Gracie, no - don’t worry, we’ll just keep her for a bit.” “ Hey Ma, I bet Jana and  Hannie would like to come help me set up the new house - maybe send Jackson to help with the heavy stuff” “ Hey Ma, I bet Jordyn and M 1, 2 and 3 would love to go camping with me a Austin and the kids. Send Tyler too.” 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 4

54 minutes ago, Smee said:

Or any week!

What’s the Dillards new school district like? Is there much of a chance of their boys meeting a variety of people or encountering another political or religious view?

Here's the district's 2021 report card.  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jezy-Z34pOUHpPmEeH6FEC6Pp9hL-c2y/view

According to the pie chart on page 1, the district looks pretty diverse.  

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

@Mama Mia it really is comforting in a pretty uncomfortable situation to think that the older siblings might lend a hand to help out the younger.  I so hope this is accurate (although being a mother's helper is still shit).

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

The one benefit of those teens having a bunch of adult  siblings with endless nieces and nephews . “Hey, Ma,  Kendra could really use some help with the kids, can you send Jenny over to stay for a week?” “ Hey Ma, You know how hard pregnancy is on Abby - could you send Josie over to play with Gracie, no - don’t worry, we’ll just keep her for a bit.” “ Hey Ma, I bet Jana and  Hannie would like to come help me set up the new house - maybe send Jackson to help with the heavy stuff” “ Hey Ma, I bet Jordyn and M 1, 2 and 3 would love to go camping with me a Austin and the kids. Send Tyler too.” 

I wouldn't actually WANT to be in a family that big but GAWD that sounds like Heaven. Hi, I have kids and am so tired and have no unemployed family members to watch them or do house projects for me. 🙃

• Love 16

13 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Hopefully something like that happens and they can clear everyone out.

• Upvote 2

It's probably already pretty bad there with Judge Brooks' ruling against acquittal. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near Anna now or especially tomorrow. I wonder who will be her shoulder to cry on as Smuggar is led away?

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Will Jill be at Josh’s sentencing tomorrow?

I doubt it. I think her closure came during the trial. She finally got the information that had been kept from her, she made her statement, and I believe she’s moved on. I don’t think being there in person to hear the amount of years Josh is getting will change anything for her. Derrick has probably already given her a good idea of what to expect as well.

And from a practical standpoint…she’s extremely pregnant, from the pictures during the trial it looks like you have to park a good distance away and walk to the courthouse, and it’s getting pretty hot now during the day.
I don’t see her being interested in attending.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Will Jill be at Josh’s sentencing tomorrow?

Izzy is done with school, so I doubt it. Derelict may have taken a vacation day, though. 

I think Derick will be there if his schedule allows, since he's both family to one of the early victims and also a laywer. I can imagine that he's interested in the legal aspects, get a copy of the sentence and things like that. 

• Upvote 4

Considering Jill is pregnant, they probably won’t stress her out by being  there. But I tink Derick will be. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Jill could go either way.  She may want to be there to close the loop, she may not want to be there.

Don't forget that Jill was pregnant at the trial and went as soon as she was allowed to go and knew she wasn't going to be a witness.  We didn't know then that she was pregnant, but she would have known. She attended a day of the trial in her first trimester, months after having a first trimester miscarriage.

Either way, Jill needs to do what's right for Jill.

The only was I see Derrick not being there is if he really can't get a day off work.

• Upvote 2

I’ll be very surprised if any siblings or their spouses attend the sentencing. Imo, with those who do not support Josh, like Jill and Derick, it would seem too much like they would really be rubbing it in that they were right all along. And of course they were. But they may not need the satisfaction of hearing in person how many years Josh will have to serve.

Otoh, I guess out of anyone, I could see Derick, with his background, attending in order to show that the weightiness of the ordeal in its entirety makes it important to follow through to the very end. Yet he may not want the additional publicity so close to beginning his fledgling new career. I won’t fault him either way. Jill gets a pass due to everything. 

I have to wonder if Jill, Jinger and Joy have talked among themselves about whether to attend or not, or whether to send someone to represent their side, so to speak, like Derick. 

Edited by Cam
  • I Agree 1

I would not be surprised if Derick and Austin are there to represent their wives.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I would not be surprised if Derick and Austin are there to represent their wives.

Derick will for sure be there, if for no other reason than to piss off JimBob.

• Upvote 1

I could also see Amy being there, perhaps even together with Deanna. 

• Upvote 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic