IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 10: Living in Their Own Instagram Sitcom

nelliebelle1197

13 hours ago, JDuggs said:

I haven’t heard about a Tennessee ceremony or reception. Did someone mention it?

Sorry, there hasn’t been anything definite said about it. They posted about Aunt Kay helping with wedding cake, so there’s been some speculation that there would be a local event. Probably someone would have said something by now if it was going to happen. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

17 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I think Alyssa not going says the most about Alyssa. I wonder if she really likes most of her family that much. Especially all at once. She seems to prefer when a few of them visit her. 

She may have also out it out there in the YouTube to see if her parents would offer to pay for their tickets (I know people who pull those kind of stunts all the time). 

Alyssa (+John) have attended a sibling wedding without their children. I think it was either Josie’s or Carlin’s. I can understand why families with many young children would not attend. It’s a long trip, to an expensive area of the country and would require much planning. Plus for families with working parents, time off from work is not often a given. OTOH, I don’t understand why Alyssa cant make the trip alone. Or maybe Alyssa and one of her sisters could be a couple and travel together. Alyssa has traveled plenty of times without John and the girls, babysitting does not seem to be an issue. I agree this might just be an Alyssa thing. From September-December of last year, the Websters, and Alyssa in particular, traveled a lot for several weddings and associated activities. And in February they were in TN for I heart you day…lots of travel for the family and time off for a worker.

And, yes, I realize all these folks either work for themselves or in their family owned business, but still, I’m sure the Webster’s business relies on John being at work-

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

28 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Alyssa (+John) have attended a sibling wedding without their children. I think it was either Josie’s or Carlin’s. I can understand why families with many young children would not attend. It’s a long trip, to an expensive area of the country and would require much planning. Plus for families with working parents, time off from work is not often a given. OTOH, I don’t understand why Alyssa cant make the trip alone. Or maybe Alyssa and one of her sisters could be a couple and travel together. Alyssa has traveled plenty of times without John and the girls, babysitting does not seem to be an issue. I agree this might just be an Alyssa thing. From September-December of last year, the Websters, and Alyssa in particular, traveled a lot for several weddings and associated activities. And in February they were in TN for I heart you day…lots of travel for the family and time off for a worker.

And, yes, I realize all these folks either work for themselves or in their family owned business, but still, I’m sure the Webster’s business relies on John being at work-

Alyssa could just go by herself, and get a flight right after the wedding and sleep on the plane. Would she have to do a layover in Dallas or somewhere or do planes go from Cali to florida in one flight. 

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

Alyssa could just go by herself, and get a flight right after the wedding and sleep on the plane. Would she have to do a layover in Dallas or somewhere or do planes go from Cali to florida in one flight. 

I  often fly from CA to FL. If I want to travel to San Francisco, (I’m south of San Jose) I can get a direct flight, otherwise, I need to make a stop in either Phoenix or Dallas. I’m not sure about flying into San Diego. SD is a little more populated than San Jose and is a vacation destination, as is Orlando, so she might be able to get a direct flight. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/25/2022 at 5:00 PM, Jrodseyeliner said:

Wow, so quite a few siblings can’t go now that they have to pay for their own tickets.. That’s a bit sad but it is real life. I mean I don’t think Lawson has missed a wedding of any of his siblings and now it is too hard for them to go.. 

Honestly, with so many siblings, spouses, nieces, nephews, relatives and friends, are Lawson and Tiff even going to have time to miss them? They'll have plenty of people to celebrate with them. If it was THAT important to Lawson to have everyone there,  he wouldn't have chosen a venue that's across the entire country. 

Honestly, if they'd gone to the wedding, Law/Tiff would probably have given them a quick hello and then rushed off to greet relatives or pose for pictures. That's hardly a reason to spend thousands on airfare.

Alyssa has a lot of siblings and it's unrealistic to expect her to attend everyone's wedding, particularly when it involves a lot of traveling. I'm not a fan of going because you are "supposed" to go. I wouldn't want a guest at my wedding who didn't want to be there/was worried about money/was secretly resentful. 

It's not surprising that Lawson made all the weddings thus far. He's been footloose and fancy free, single with no day job yet plenty of disposable income. What else did he have to do? It's totally different if you have a big house, a husband with a real job, and four little kids. 

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Honestly, with so many siblings, spouses, nieces, nephews, relatives and friends, are Lawson and Tiff even going to have time to miss them? They'll have plenty of people to celebrate with them. If it was THAT important to Lawson to have everyone there,  he wouldn't have chosen a venue that's across the entire country. 

Honestly, if they'd gone to the wedding, Law/Tiff would probably have given them a quick hello and then rushed off to greet relatives or pose for pictures. That's hardly a reason to spend thousands on airfare.

Alyssa has a lot of siblings and it's unrealistic to expect her to attend everyone's wedding, particularly when it involves a lot of traveling. I'm not a fan of going because you are "supposed" to go. I wouldn't want a guest at my wedding who didn't want to be there/was worried about money/was secretly resentful. 

It's not surprising that Lawson made all the weddings thus far. He's been footloose and fancy free, single with no day job yet plenty of disposable income. What else did he have to do? It's totally different if you have a big house, a husband with a real job, and four little kids. 

Alyssa has been a bridesmaid in every sibling’s wedding to date with the exception of Nathan(?), [last brother married.] 

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

all great points. Personally for me if I was desperate for somEone to be there and would break my heart if they weren’t I would offer to pay for them to be there. You are so right. No one owes anyone to going into financial strain. 

• I Agree 3

Carlin is on her way to the hospital in labour. 
safe and speedy delivery ju ju to her. 

DF72D035-0EB9-4814-B2B2-F8E2FCEC742A.png

• Upvote 6

I wouldn’t be surprised if the show is what kept this family together and without it they start drifting apart. 

• Upvote 20
  • Thank You 1

I agree @formergothardite. A big chunk of that is toxic family systems but another part is sheer size makes close relationships difficult. Even my very extroverted friends don't have 18 close/very close friends. 

• Upvote 13

On 3/25/2022 at 10:27 PM, AussieKrissy said:

And yes I do live in an climate where you can go outside all day every day of the year if you wanted too.

I'm envious. I dream about this. My only solace is that I live in a comparatively low cost of living area... Oklahoma, in the central part of the US... where I can live comfortably, if frugally. But the older I get the more I wish for a climate like yours.

Edited by Bobology
Edited to add: this is my post #666 and to honor this achievement I would like to say that I think JB is a narcissistic satan.
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 3

She's recently posted an update that she's 6cm and being moved to L&D room. Baby Stew is definitely on his way!

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

On 3/25/2022 at 8:27 PM, AussieKrissy said:

I know a lot of people bag out the pained for their tiny house. 
I had a small two bedroom property I rented out. The real estate offered me tenants of a larger family. I asked her why such a “big” family would want such a small space, she replied that the big house thing was more of a western thing and other cultures did not mind and even enjoyed living in closer quarters. This really got me thinking and re evaluating housing. 
erins kids live in a clean warm dry house with fresh linen and food. I don’t think the size is a bad thing at the moment when the kids are so little. If they are still living like this when the kids hit puberty the. I might start to judge. But for now they are safe clean and well provided for (usually disclaimer who knows what happened behind closed doors and yes dangerous cult). And yes I do live in an climate where you can go outside all day every day of the year if you wanted too. I get that they can’t. 

Unless a parent is with them at all times while they play outside, it is NOT safe with that rushing creek that borders their property. I hope almost 7 YO Carson is not tasked with babysitting. If they plan on staying in that home the yard needs to be fenced. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m going to guess Ryder Cruz or Theo Knox.

They have confirmed the middle be.is Patrick, like Evan. I think Knox Patrick.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

They have confirmed the middle be.is Patrick, like Evan. I think Knox Patrick.

Oh I didn’t know that. Then maybe Theo Patrick.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh I didn’t know that. Then maybe Theo Patrick.

Yeah, they hadn't committed to a first name before birth but they have been set on Patrick as the middle name from about 30 weeks. 

• Upvote 1

I love the name Patrick. Mmmm Swazye ahhh little Paddy. Would have been a nice first name. But I get when it’s a parent/your name it’s hard to see it on a child. 

• Upvote 2

They did a vlog about the names where they said they were pretty set on Patrick as the middle, as it’s a family name. Their top two choices for the first name were Knox and Oliver (because Carlin wanted to call him Ollie). But that was a while ago. They may well have changed their minds by now. They didn’t seem to have discussed names much. 

• Upvote 3

On 3/25/2022 at 7:27 AM, SassyPants said:

Yes, many people I know have been recipients of large amounts of money for down payments on homes. Think about Travis Clark. My ILs gifted each of their (7) kids money for homes. They themselves were gifted a home from an aunt and uncle.

No, I meant mortgage payments. It seemed odd to expect the senior Paines to pay the mortgage for Erin and Chad every month. (I can certainly see giving a lump sum once to help with a down payment, to allow your kid to get into the housing market).

Or to pay to attend a wedding that you yourself aren't attending (I'm assuming the senior Paines aren't flying to CA for Lawson's wedding).

Even if the in-laws are wealthy, I don't think they are helping much. Dan Webster is a congressman, and probably has plenty of sources of income. Yet it doesn't seem like he's helping Alyssa and John very much. I think the thought is that young people should make their own way. When you save and struggle to buy a house, for example, you have way more pride in it than if it was gifted to you.

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

If they plan on staying in that home the yard needs to be fenced. 

That would've been the first thing I did, long before re-painting the bedroom.

17 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Alyssa has been a bridesmaid in every sibling’s wedding to date with the exception of Nathan(?), [last brother married.] 

Weren't all of the other weddings on the east coast? I can't remember.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 2

I posted to say that Carlin had had the baby but then realised that someone else had already posted. This is what happens when skimming through the thread without wearing my reading glasses!

Edited by Angelface
Others already posted

On 3/2/2022 at 8:41 PM, SassyPants said:

OMG Pantyhose. Does anyone wear those, ever? I will occasionally wear tights in the winter or in snow country.

Absolutely, almost always. I do not like being bare-legged, but not for any religious reason, I just don't feel comfortable. I wear skirts very rarely in general, and I also never wear shorts, I hate shorts. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

19 hours ago, postscript said:

They did a vlog about the names where they said they were pretty set on Patrick as the middle, as it’s a family name. Their top two choices for the first name were Knox and Oliver (because Carlin wanted to call him Ollie). But that was a while ago. They may well have changed their minds by now. They didn’t seem to have discussed names much. 

Well, they need to decide soon. Can't expect baby to go to long without an Instagram account! : )

• Haha 4

• samurai_sarah locked this topic