IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 10: Living in Their Own Instagram Sitcom

nelliebelle1197

3 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Do you know if this is closer to Evan’s family in Nashville, or her family towards Knoxville? 

Evan said that the family was a bridge back to Nashville now living in Knoxville. 

• Thank You 4

8 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Do you know if this is closer to Evan’s family in Nashville, or her family towards Knoxville? 

Knoxville. The people selling it are actually the only people Evan knew in Knoxville when he moved there. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

where do they live now?

are they mving further away from the bates and the bates boutique 

or the other way around from the stewarts and the evans 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

where do they live now?

are they mving further away from the bates and the bates boutique 

or the other way around from the stewarts and the evans 

They're staying in the greater Knoxville area. They've never stated what town they currently live in. I doubt much will change with the boutique, unless the second kid is too much for Carlin to handle.

• Upvote 3

On 2/19/2022 at 7:56 PM, front hugs > duggs said:

They said the house is in Knoxville.

The next generation of Bateses are so worldly. I can’t see Gil and Kelly ever living in Knoxville with their 19 kids. I wouldn’t be surprised if more and more of them moved closer to the Knoxville area. 

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The next generation of Bateses are so worldly. I can’t see Gil and Kelly ever living in Knoxville with their 19 kids. I wouldn’t be surprised if more and more of them moved closer to the Knoxville area. 

I mean... Gil and Kelly live in Rocky Top which is only about half a hour away from Knoxville and its a small town. I'm sure they regularly go to Knoxville if they have any doctors appointments or for bigger shopping. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

4 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

I mean... Gil and Kelly live in Rocky Top which is only about half a hour away from Knoxville and its a small town. I'm sure they regularly go to Knoxville if they have any doctors appointments or for bigger shopping. 

Yes, I agree. But where they live is very different from Knoxville. Living in Knoxville and going to Knoxville for appointments are very different. My family lives in a small town and when they come to the city where I live they act like the traffic is insane, with crazy drivers, and murderers on every corner. But it’s not. 

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes, I agree. But where they live is very different from Knoxville. Living in Knoxville and going to Knoxville for appointments are very different. My family lives in a small town and when they come to the city where I live they act like the traffic is insane, with crazy drivers, and murderers on every corner. But it’s not. 

LOL- I’ve lived in several large cities (LA, Chicago, San Francisco(not big geographically big, but loads of nasty traffic and bridges to navigate) and now live in a beach, vacation enclave, and I swear to Bob I hatttttttttte traffic. I used to traverse highway 17 over the Santa Cruz Mountains to go to work. That ride is now a white knuckle express for me. Although I’m still not seeing the murderers on every corner when I visit the big city.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'd be surprised to find out that any of the bates live in actual Knoxville. I know when I'm talking about my hometown, I dont give the name of the town I give the big city that's 30 minutes away instead. If I say I'm from this town, people have no clue where I am talking about but if I say I'm from St Louis people understand. 

I'd totally see the bates doing that, especially if they dont really want people to be able to find out exactly where they live. They'd say they live in Knoxville because that is the metropolitan area they live in. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

20 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

LOL- I’ve lived in several large cities (LA, Chicago, San Francisco(not big geographically big, but loads of nasty traffic and bridges to navigate) and now live in a beach, vacation enclave, and I swear to Bob I hatttttttttte traffic. I used to traverse highway 17 over the Santa Cruz Mountains to go to work. That ride is now a white knuckle express for me. Although I’m still not seeing the murderers on every corner when I visit the big city.

Oh the traffic isn’t that bad here. There are pockets that suck. But my family are used to zero traffic. Or if they have traffic, it’s because they are stuck behind an Amish buggy unable to pass because it’s too narrow. And there are murderers in my home town. Sure it’s not all the time. But they act like no one ever gets murdered there. 

13 hours ago, OldFadedStar said:

I'd be surprised to find out that any of the bates live in actual Knoxville. I know when I'm talking about my hometown, I dont give the name of the town I give the big city that's 30 minutes away instead. If I say I'm from this town, people have no clue where I am talking about but if I say I'm from St Louis people understand. 

I assume Kelton and Josie do since both their businesses have addresses in Knoxville. 

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I assume Kelton and Josie do since both their businesses have addresses in Knoxville. 

Kelton's plumbing company is way up on the NE edge of  metro Knoxville -- right next to Powell (home of Crown College). Kelton and Josie could easily live in Powell or even Clinton and just be a few miles from the company. But as a plumber, he's going to be drive around the whole metro area anyway.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Keys said:

Carlin posted that Katie and Travis are staying with them this weekend. I wonder where, though… their house is so tiny!

They've had Evan"s while family stay over before. They have air mattress and maybe their couch is a pull out?

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

They've had Evan"s while family stay over before. They have air mattress and maybe their couch is a pull out?

I have a queen sized air mattress for company and I am amazed at how comfortable it is.  

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Keys said:

Carlin posted that Katie and Travis are staying with them this weekend. I wonder where, though… their house is so tiny!

I was surprised when they packed Evan’s family in so little space. One air mattress was placed on the kitchen floor, and it was used by Evan’s parents. The grandmother slept on the couch. And some cousins slept on the living room floor.

When Joy visited she slept on an air mattress in Layla’s room.

I’d like to know where are Alyssa and family staying. They are more difficult to accommodate.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Guanabana said:

I was surprised when they packed Evan’s family in so little space. One air mattress was placed on the kitchen floor, and it was used by Evan’s parents. The grandmother slept on the couch. And some cousins slept on the living room floor.

I’d like to know where are Alyssa and family staying. They are more difficult to accommodate.

Maybe at the Big House? Though that would be tight and might explain why Katie and Travis are with Carlin and Evan. I think Carlin and Evan live closer to Gil and Kelly than Josie and Kelton do (and currently have one less kid). 

But I mean, yeah, space is at a premium. Could Michaela and Brandon host people? Would they want to? 

Otherwise, Erin's place is tiny and full of kids, Tori and Bobby have 3 kids (no idea how big their house is), Nathan and Esther live in an RV, Zach and Whitney are staying at the big house. So at the moment, there aren't a lot of hosting options. And it seems like Lawson is going to be in Nashville, so even after he gets married he and Tiffany will still need a place to stay. 

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I have a queen sized air mattress for company and I am amazed at how comfortable it is.  

We slept on an airmattress recently when we visited friends and if was super comfy. I actually want to pick one up. 

• Upvote 3

I slept on the floor hundreds of times as a kid. Sleeping at aunts and uncles houses. Adults got the beds and the kids either got the floor or a couch if you were lucky. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Guanabana said:

Yikes.  I'd pick up their hotel bill just to avoid having people packing in like sardines.  I can't imagine that's comfortable for anyone.

• Upvote 2

The 2nd night we were married, we hosted my husband's entire family in our small, 2 bed 1 bath apartment. We gave his sister, brother-in-law, and their toddler our king sized bed; his parents were in the queen bed we bought for them in our guest room; his brother and partner on a futon in our front room, and my husband and I on the floor on an air mattress in the front room below the futon.

I love my in-laws and we were happy to do that for them, but not a single one offered to take the air mattress!

• Upvote 2

So, it looks like the grandparents all got hotel rooms, which I totally would too. 

22 hours ago, Guanabana said:

They are also staying in a hotel. Carlin posted a story. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

So, it looks like the grandparents all got hotel rooms, which I totally would too. 

They are also staying in a hotel. Carlin posted a story. 

What grandparents? 

Ohhh, I didn’t know Jane and Bill attended ILY day celebrations. 

Edited by Guanabana
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Guanabana said:

What grandparents? 

Ohhh, I didn’t know Jane and Bill attended ILY day celebrations. 

Kelly's mom is in town too. 

• Upvote 1

Hmm, it seems from Carlin's Instagram stories and photos that see through/super sheer dresses and skirts are now also considered "modest" and okay for the Bates females to wear without slips? 🤔 😅🙄

• WTF 1

• samurai_sarah locked this topic