IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 10: Living in Their Own Instagram Sitcom

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, SunnySide said:

Friends of mine just had a baby in February. They did absolutely no hospital visitors whatsoever, then set up guidelines for at home visitors.  They used that time to just be a new family of three, and my friend said she wouldn’t have it any other way. I’m not saying that’s what you have to do. Just that I know someone who made that choice and was very happy. Hope all goes well for you!

Thank you! 💜 That’s wonderful that it worked out well for your friend, and that they were happy with how things ended up. As it stands right now, moms are only allowed to have one person with them in hospital anyways (this would be my husband) due to the covid restrictions. So if that’s still in effect, it would make things quite easy for us. Between both of us though, we have many family members, who I know want to see and hold babe as soon as possible. And the thought of that makes me soooo anxious (not just about covid, but in general? Like trying to establish breastfeeding and bond with babe while entertaining multiple visitors who all want to hold her and pass her around sounds so scary to me!). I never understood when new moms said they didn’t want other people holding their baby, until now. But we’re also SO grateful to have so many family members who are so excited to meet her, so I don’t want to cause any beef. It’s the cultural norm for my family to visit in the hospital (during labour and right after babe is born, and to be in the waiting room during delivery), and spend lots of time visiting once the new family is home, too. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 4

Finley is on-trend for a name. It's #304 in the top 1000 for girls and #201 in the top 1000 for boys. It fell a little last year, but I think it will continue to rise in general. 

Layla is a name I love. I don't think I would use it since it is very popular.

• Upvote 2

On 3/29/2022 at 1:23 AM, WiseGirl said:

From babynamesmeaningz.com

"Zade is in top trending baby Boy names list. The meaning of Zade is 'Stay in style with this name, which means either flourishing or trendy..' Its Pronunciation is ZAYD. Zade Origin / Usage is ' Arabic Baby Names ' . This name is especially approved for 'Boys' Gender."

Am I the only one that sees the irony in the name meaning trendy? In 2020 only 70 babies were named Zade. (According to Google search)

So the name is a kreative spelling of Said? A very weird name choice for a fundie evangelical family, since it is a common name in muslim countries. I very much prefer Said than Zade, or Cassey than Kaci.... 

• Upvote 1

I wonder if they realize that both Layla/Leila and Zade/Zayd are of Arabic origin.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

I understand having preferences for names and don’t get me wrong, there are some objectively poor choices *cough Spurgeon*… but most of the Bates babies names are not made up or horrendously Kreatively spelled.  Zade wouldn’t be my choice but I think it’s fine. 

• Upvote 1

Carlin posted a video of babe sleeping in his bassinet, and she has him in what looks like a Snuggle Me Organic baby lounger, which isn’t safe for babe to sleep in or to be put inside bassinets (just learned that myself yesterday looking into them for our baby). I hope she knows and doesn’t have him sleep in there at night or unsupervised… feel like it’s an honest and common mistake, but it’s scary what can happen. 😞

Edited by Keys
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Keys said:

Carlin posted a video of babe sleeping in his bassinet, and she has him in what looks like a Snuggle Me Organic baby lounger, which isn’t safe for babe to sleep in or to be put inside bassinets (just learned that myself yesterday looking into them for our baby). I hope she knows and doesn’t have him sleep in there at night or unsupervised… feel like it’s an honest and common mistake, but it’s scary what can happen. 😞

When we had our baby, the official recommendation was to have baby  sleep in a sleeping bag on his back in a crib on a flat surface with no blankets, pillows, “snuggle me” type pillows, stuffed toys or ANYTHING else in the crib. It looks somewhat bare and “not cozy” to well-meaning adults, but it’s perfect for babies. Especially newborns can suffocate easily, because they can’t just turn away or remove fabric from over their face just yet. 

We followed the guidelines, because safe is better than sorry.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

56 minutes ago, GreenBeans said:

When we had our baby, the official recommendation was to have baby  sleep in a sleeping bag on his back in a crib on a flat surface with no blankets, pillows, “snuggle me” type pillows, stuffed toys or ANYTHING else in the crib. It looks somewhat bare and “not cozy” to well-meaning adults, but it’s perfect for babies. Especially newborns can suffocate easily, because they can’t just turn away or remove fabric from over their face just yet. 

We followed the guidelines, because safe is better than sorry.

Yes! Exactly… just sleep sacs and sleeping on a flat surface with no other blankets or objects around - that’s still the recommendation. Especially with the loungers that come up around the sides of babe - dangerous if babe turns his head too. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

A bare crib is the safe option. But newborns sleep longer with "snuggle me" pillows, so I guess it is the reason people use it. Another reason, because it is Carlin, is that she uses it because the cuteness and had never read about suffocation dangers.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2

24 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

A bare crib is the safe option. But newborns sleep longer with "snuggle me" pillows, so I guess it is the reason people use it. Another reason, because it is Carlin, is that she uses it because the cuteness and had never read about suffocation dangers.

Yeah, I don’t know what brand she has, but it is pretty clear on the Snuggle Me website (and on other similar brands I’ve looked at, too), so hopefully she’s at least aware! I know she was using the owlet sock with Layla, so fingers crossed she has some idea about sleep safety for newborns. 🤞🏼

image.thumb.png.fd03cbb7d0ae9cc0f5ac890e14e2a70d.png

• Upvote 3

I’ve watched some of Carlin’s stories and I don’t think I’ve heard her or Evan refer to the baby as Zade. I think I only heard Z Man and Baby Brother. Maybe they’re realizing the name Zade is cooler in theory than in practice.

And watching Zade sleep in that Snuggle Me was frightening. So easy to see how a baby could suffocate.

• Upvote 4

I don’t love the name Zade, I would have preferred Zaiid with Layla because they’re both Arabic, but Carlin and Evan are probably too uneducated to realise.

I prefer Zane over Zade anyway. 

My guess is that they will end up calling him ZZ (zeezee) or Z-man rather than Zade.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Erin hasn’t posted about seeing the new baby. I figured she wouldn’t. There is definitely some sort of rift between Erin and Carlin. Carlin had two matrons of honor at her wedding. Whitney and Erin. Not even Joy was a Matron of honor. And they are besties. Erin left the boutique and the two of them haven’t posted a single thing about the other in awhile. Carlin didn’t see Erin’s new baby and Erin didn’t see Carlin’s new baby. Sisters who are pregnant together love posting pictures of their bumps together and their newborns together. The Bateses never tell the real story about anything. They put on such fake happy faces. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

Carlin posted about Whitney, Tori, Michal and Josie all visiting her in the hospital. Katie is on her way today. Alyssa is in Florida but did a face time. Erin's absence is glaring. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

On 3/28/2022 at 6:40 PM, SorenaJ said:

Zade is an awful name. Another name that sounds straight out of Teen Mom. The Bates have horrible naming tastes.

Great: Charlotte, Hazel, Willow

Meh: Allie, Everly, Layla, Bradley 

Bad: Lexi, Zoey, Layla, Finley, Holland, Maci, Kaci, Brooklyn, Carson

Just No: Khloé, Zade, Kolter, Kade, Jadon  

My list

Love: Charlotte, Finley, Maci, Carson.

Like: Allie, Holland, Bradley.

Meh: Everly, Brooklyn, Layla, Lexi, Kaci.

Just No: Khloe, Zade, Kolter, Kade, Jadon, Hazel, Willow, Zoey

Bonus categories

Like/Love with a different spelling: Cayce, Chloe, Zoe, Caid.

Like/Love with a small change: Allison, Alexandra, Bradford, Brooke, Evelyn.

• Upvote 1

I watched an instagram video and she pronounced it „Saiid“

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

I watched an instagram video and she pronounced it „Saiid“

I think that was just her nasally pronunciation.
She definitely said ZADE (zay-d) the other day in the stories with layla.

The baby Z and Z man stuff has to come from the Labrant family. Their son is named Zealand and they call him Z, (Zeed), Z-man, etc. carlin follows them.
  • Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, kiwi said:

I think that was just her nasally pronunciation.
She definitely said ZADE (zay-d) the other day in the stories with layla.

Thank you. She seems to use the English pronunciation of the Arabic name Zaid then.

• Thank You 2

On 3/30/2022 at 2:44 AM, SassyPants said:

I don’t find it the least bit feminine. Fin is not too tragic for a boy. Gil and KG did name their first daughter Michael ( and then added an a later on).

Actually, they named their first daughter Michal and then added an e. People keep calling her Michaela or Michaella or Micaella or whatever but her name is Michael and that's what she herself uses as her name.

• Upvote 6

According to Carlin’s Instagram, Joy and Evy are spending the weekend with the Stewarts. Haven’t seen much from Joy lately. It always struck me as odd that the Joy/Carlin relationship appears to be the strongest friendship between the Duggar and Bates girls. They don’t seem like they would have much in common.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.09dc10fc3791ec3d65d6b3097d643c53.png

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

Joy looks so much like Jill here. 

I thought it was Jill at first and got a bit confused

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

On 3/31/2022 at 1:05 AM, Melissa1977 said:

Never underestimate the exhaustion of having a newborn. I am very anal about all the safety stuff for babies. When my daughter refused to sleep unless feeling secure, she quickly began sleeping in her snuggle me lounger in her bassinet. She was transitioned out of it around a month before she began rolling, but damn, that exhaustion will have anyone forgoing safe sleep recommendations. She was in the snuggle me half the time and in my bed the other half, lol. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

• samurai_sarah locked this topic