IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 10: Living in Their Own Instagram Sitcom

nelliebelle1197

Zade is an awful name. Another name that sounds straight out of Teen Mom. The Bates have horrible naming tastes.

Great: Charlotte, Hazel, Willow

Meh: Allie, Everly, Layla, Bradley 

Bad: Lexi, Zoey, Layla, Finley, Holland, Maci, Kaci, Brooklyn, Carson

Just No: Khloé, Zade, Kolter, Kade, Jadon  

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3
  • I Agree 8

2 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

From babynamesmeaningz.com

"Zade is in top trending baby Boy names list. The meaning of Zade is 'Stay in style with this name, which means either flourishing or trendy..' Its Pronunciation is ZAYD. Zade Origin / Usage is ' Arabic Baby Names ' . This name is especially approved for 'Boys' Gender."

Kinda weird for christian fundies that both their kids names have an arabic origin.

With that said i find Zade awfull and too similar to his cousin Kade. I guess he could always go by Patrick in the future if it gets too confusing.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

7 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

Zade is an awful name. Another name that sounds straight out of Teen Mom. The Bates have horrible naming tastes.

I'd say nearly the same except Layla can be just meh and not also bad. 😉

I want to like Finley, but find I cannot. I don't know if it's just the spelling, or that it's a bit too words on pillows and wall hangings for me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Oof, so many unmasked visitors snuggling with the babe. Not sure how covid is where they are, but I’m giving birth in a couple months to our first babe, and this makes me anxious to see. But also, we aren’t even sure if we want any visitors when we’re in the hospital at all! 

44 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

I'd say nearly the same except Layla can be just meh and not also bad. 😉

I want to like Finley, but find I cannot. I don't know if it's just the spelling, or that it's a bit too words on pillows and wall hangings for me. 

To me, Finley doesn’t sound like a real name, personally! 

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, JDuggs said:

And at the same time, there are only five other Bates grandsons

I hadn’t realized that but wow,they had lots of girls! 14 out of 20 between all the Bates siblings.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

I agree with you with the  exception that Zoe and Chloe are great but  I’m not a fan of their spelling. Also Bradley while not my fav is a fairly good name and Brad is a great short name. 

Carson, I can handle because all the Charles in the family get nicknames and it does sorta look/mean Charles’s son, so I like it.

Kade for fourth Robert on the other hand… 

• Upvote 3

So Zade….. I would never in a thousand years pronounce it like Zaid but more along Zane. I don’t get the idea to forgoe all pronunciation rules when choosing a name. What’s the point? It’s still miles better than Crew.

It looks like a pretty standard modern US name from my perspective and I am surprised that it seems not to be. 

The Zaid spelling will tie in nicely with Leila. But what’s up with their fascination with Arabic names? Not that I complain, it’s just interesting and I wonder where it comes from.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

So Zade….. I would never in a thousand years pronounce it like Zaid but more along Zane. I don’t get the idea to forgoe all pronunciation rules when choosing a name. What’s the point? It’s still miles better than Crew.
It looks like a pretty standard modern US name from my perspective and I am surprised that it seems not to be. 

The Zaid spelling will tie in nicely with Leila. But what’s up with their fascination with Arabic names? Not that I complain, it’s just interesting and I wonder where it comes from.

Part of me wonders if they are too stupid to know that these names have Arabic roots.

Zade to me just sounds like Zaidy- which is Yiddish for grandfather [emoji51]
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

I am pretty sure the whole world ( besides his mum and dad ) is going to just pronounce it like zane. Nobody ever is going to connect it with with saiid

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

She seemed to be in such a deadlock with Oliver and Knox...where did Zade even come from?  Unless the whole Oliver and Knox thing was a red herring to throw people off and keep them interested, now that BUB is off the air.    

I also note little Zade already has his prerequisite Instagram account as well. 

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1

53 minutes ago, ven said:

I am pretty sure the whole world ( besides his mum and dad ) is going to just pronounce it like zane. Nobody ever is going to connect it with with saiid

I like the pronunciation of Zah-eed about a million times better than Zade. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

18 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

I don't think my brain is ever going to see "Jadon" and naturally read it is Jayden. I always malfunction for a second and say it completely wrong in my head before remember how it's supposed to be pronounced.

Even my autocorrect just tried to change it to Jason.

My second called his older brother Jodon for a while as he couldn’t pronounce his real name. I hadn’t thought of this for a while!! 

13 hours ago, llucie said:

Kinda weird for christian fundies that both their kids names have an arabic origin.

With that said i find Zade awfull and too similar to his cousin Kade. I guess he could always go by Patrick in the future if it gets too confusing.

I totally get what you’re saying cause I had a similar reaction at first. We shouldn’t forget, though, that the Arab world has a lot of Christians, too. There are large and almost two thousand years old Christian communities across the Levante (e.g. Syria, Palestine, etc.), in Iraq, Egypt, etc. so Arab doesn’t necessarily equal Islam/Muslim and Arabic names aren’t only given to Muslim children but to (Arab) Christians as well. If it’s your mother tongue, chances are you pick a name from it for your kid, with few exceptions.

Most Arab names are “neutral” but a few do indicate wether someone is Christian or Muslim. Abdul-masih, for instance, is an Arabic Christian name cause it means worshiper of Christ, while Muhammad is most common among Muslims. Interestingly, both Christians and Muslims name their children after Jesus, with Muslim Arabs choosing Isa (the Qurān’ic spelling) and Christians Yessu, derived from Hebrew. But the kids are named after the very same man. 

This is off topic, but I just have to say it. I feel that the idea of some sort of animosity between Muslim Arabs and people of other faiths is constantly sensationalized and in more cases than not is historically inaccurate. Same with Jews. The idea that Muslims and Jews somehow hate each other is ridiculous, with many examples existing of Jews contributing to centuries of science, culture, architecture, art, and society in Muslim-majority regions and countries. And while the human rights abuses connected to the foundation of the state of Israel have certainly led to prejudice from various sides, it’s not an issue of Jews against Muslims, but of settlers against natives. Hence, the around 10% Palestinian Christians are just as affected by policies of apartheid and segregation and also take part in protests, etc. The media (normally I hate to generalize but I’ve yet to come across more balanced articles tbh) just pretends it’s all Muslims against Jews. Religion isn’t at the root of the issue at all. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Did they say they'd pronounce it that way, though? They seem kind of dumb, but not dumb enough to think people will see Zade as Zaheed.

As to Layla or Leila, I am reminded of a favorite local restaurant called Leyla, which is owned by a Turkish chef. There are some Turkish restaurants over a half hour away; in this area, the Mediterranean runs mainly to Turkish, so I was glad to have one move in closer to me, and I like it better anyway. I was worried it wouldn't survive the past two years, but it's doing well enough, as is my tiny local ramen restaurant. 

(It's a day off from work and I am thinking about having lots of time to eat lots of things.)

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

Did they say they'd pronounce it that way, though? They seem kind of dumb, but not dumb enough to think people will see Zade as Zaheed.

As to Layla or Leila, I am reminded of a favorite local restaurant called Leyla, which is owned by a Turkish chef. There are some Turkish restaurants over a half hour away; in this area, the Mediterranean runs mainly to Turkish, so I was glad to have one move in closer to me, and I like it better anyway. I was worried it wouldn't survive the past two years, but it's doing well enough, as is my tiny local ramen restaurant. 

(It's a day off from work and I am thinking about having lots of time to eat lots of things.)

I think they will pronounce it like Zade. I just don’t like how it sounds. It’s kind of harsh sounding to my ear. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think they will pronounce it like Zade. I just don’t like how it sounds. It’s kind of harsh sounding to my ear. 

I agree. It's got two hard sounds in one short space.

The person you initially quoted thought otherwise, and I wondered where that came from. 

28 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

I grew up 5 minutes from there, but all we had when I lived there was an UNO and a TGI Fridays (back when it was Beechmont Mall). I would've loved to have a Turkish place or a ramen place. Leyla sounds really good; I'll have to give it a try the next time I'm in town. 

• Upvote 1

I just had a discussion with my husband the other day and said if we ever have children and it turns out to be a daughter, I want to name her either Elphaba and call her Elphie (yes, the green witch from Wicked) or Scheherazade and call her Zade (from 1001 nights tale) because they're my favourite literary characters.

Can't believe Carlin beats me to it. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 8

48 minutes ago, OHFL2009 said:

I grew up 5 minutes from there, but all we had when I lived there was an UNO and a TGI Fridays (back when it was Beechmont Mall). I would've loved to have a Turkish place or a ramen place. Leyla sounds really good; I'll have to give it a try the next time I'm in town. 

I have been told about Beechmont Mall! Where there was a K-Mart is now a very nice dine-in AMC, and there's a decent enough Mexican restaurant next to that. The Kroger is even more enormous, as it has just been remodeled, and there are new restaurants and shops going in often lately. 

The ramen place is called Osaka, and is next to Dairy Queen farther down Beechmont, just east of Nagel Road. 🙂

Edited by backyard sylph
clarity
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'm going to pronounce it to rhyme with Sadie, just to be contrary

• Haha 7

9 hours ago, ven said:

I thought it was Zade rhymes with wade? How are people getting Zane out of Zade? No snark just curious is it just thinking people will misread it? 
to me Zaid reads Zed like said but I can see it’s meant to be like paid. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

21 hours ago, Keys said:

I find Finley sounds like a pet name. I could see myself calling me dog Finley. Not my kid.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 5

19 minutes ago, Vivi_music said:

I find Finley sounds like a pet name. I could see myself calling me dog Finley. Not my kid.

I don’t find it the least bit feminine. Fin is not too tragic for a boy. Gil and KG did name their first daughter Michael ( and then added an a later on).

32 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I don’t find it the least bit feminine. Fin is not too tragic for a boy. Gil and KG did name their first daughter Michael ( and then added an a later on).

I agree that I like Finley for a boy and I would likely call him Fin. 

• I Agree 3

23 hours ago, Keys said:

Oof, so many unmasked visitors snuggling with the babe. Not sure how covid is where they are, but I’m giving birth in a couple months to our first babe, and this makes me anxious to see. But also, we aren’t even sure if we want any visitors when we’re in the hospital at all! 

Friends of mine just had a baby in February. They did absolutely no hospital visitors whatsoever, then set up guidelines for at home visitors.  They used that time to just be a new family of three, and my friend said she wouldn’t have it any other way. I’m not saying that’s what you have to do. Just that I know someone who made that choice and was very happy. Hope all goes well for you!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• samurai_sarah locked this topic