IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 10: Living in Their Own Instagram Sitcom

nelliebelle1197

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve realized I just don’t like the taste of the Bates family when it comes to names. Oh well. Not my kids! 

I'm not a fan either. Too trendy, too informal. Zade is such a bro kind of name. 

As to cousin names that are similar, I don't think it's that big of a deal. I have a cousin with a similar name to me - think Kara and Karen - and we joke sometimes about the similarity. Especially when someone calls us by the other's name. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, anjulibai said:

I'm not a fan either. Too trendy, too informal. Zade is such a bro kind of name. 

As to cousin names that are similar, I don't think it's that big of a deal. I have a cousin with a similar name to me - think Kara and Karen - and we joke sometimes about the similarity. Especially when someone calls us by the other's name. 

Z names do seem to be trending. 3 of Nick Cannon’s kids born last year were Zion, Zillion Heir, and Zen. Although little Zen passed away from a tumor. Then there are other trendy Z names like Zephyr. X is more popular too. Onyx, Knox, Jaxon, Max. 

• Upvote 5

Oh not a Zade fan, but he is Layla’s clone. 
I wanna know what the other name they had for him was. 
not my kid, it’s such a lad name but it’s not the worst ever name. But my taste for boy’s names runs to the more classical… 

546AC3FA-7A67-42F5-BC7E-42ADD7B9D045.png

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

They made People magazine.   The article I read a few minutes ago did not have a name but a picture of the baby, parents Carlin, Evan plus Kelly and Gil.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve realized I just don’t like the taste of the Bates family when it comes to names. Oh well. Not my kids! 

I like Alyssa's taste the best (which is shocking as Alyssa is my least favorite sister). Maci is the only name of hers I don't like. I also like Charlotte but Tori loses points for Kolter.

My husband would really like Josie's taste in names (not specifically but he suggested both Hazel and Willow). 

I can't decide if Whitney's inability to spell (Jadon, Khloe) or Erin's "places as names" is worse. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

51 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Are there any overlapping cousin names in the Bates family? I don't think so, I feel like the names are all pretty distinctive (impressive for a large family). Kade and Zade are the closest right? So it might deter Alyssa. If not, they will have Kade, Zade and Zayn.

Maci and Kaci

I am sort of bored so I’ll rank the Bates Grandchildren names in order from best to worst. I obviously hate the K names. Especially when they should be spelled with a C like Khloe. 

1 Charlotte

2 Hazel

3 Layla

4 Bradley

5 Willow

6 Finley

7 Holland

8 Maci

9 Kaci

10 Carson

11 Brooklyn

12 Allie

13 Jadon

14 Lexi

15 Zoey

16 Zade

17 Everly

18 Kade

19 Khloe

20 Kolter

• Upvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 2

22 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I can't decide if Whitney's inability to spell (Jadon, Khloe) or Erin's "places as names" is worse. 

I don't think my brain is ever going to see "Jadon" and naturally read it is Jayden. I always malfunction for a second and say it completely wrong in my head before remember how it's supposed to be pronounced.

Even my autocorrect just tried to change it to Jason.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I am sort of bored so I’ll rank the Bates Grandchildren names in order from best to worst. I obviously hate the K names. Especially when they should be spelled with a C like Khloe. 

1 Charlotte

2 Hazel

3 Layla

4 Bradley

5 Willow

6 Finley

7 Holland

8 Maci

9 Kaci

10 Carson

11 Brooklyn

12 Allie

13 Jadon

14 Lexi

15 Zoey

16 Zade

17 Everly

18 Kade

19 Khloe

20 Kolter

100% agree on Charlotte being the most palatable. I really wish that Alyssa would have gone with Allison Jane and Alexa Mae, although those names are quite similar to each other and to her own name. At least Kade can default to Robert and Carson to Charles, if they so choose. I don’t care for Hazel, but I wish that they had used the middle name “Kellyn” as Willow has a family K middle name, as does Josie.

I like Holland because I’ve heard them call her Holly-

4 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

I don't think my brain is ever going to see "Jadon" and naturally read it is Jayden. I always malfunction for a second and say it completely wrong in my head before remember how it's supposed to be pronounced.

Even my autocorrect just tried to change it to Jason.

I’d rank that one near the bottom-

Edited by SassyPants

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

1 Charlotte

2 Hazel

3 Layla

4 Bradley

5 Willow

6 Finley

7 Holland

8 Maci

9 Kaci

10 Carson

11 Brooklyn

12 Allie

13 Jadon

14 Lexi

15 Zoey

16 Zade

17 Everly

18 Kade

19 Khloe

20 Kolter

Oh fun!!!

1. Charlotte 

2. Lexi

3. Zoey

4. Everly 

5. Layla

6. Brooklyn 

7. Allie

8. Willow 

9. Carson

10. Bradley  

11. Holland 

12. Hazel

13. Kade (I might have like it with a C)

14. Zade 

15. Finley

16. Kaci

17. Khloe (hate this spelling)

18. Maci

19. Kolter 

20. Jadon

Super happy for them! But when I read that his name is Zade, I automatically went 😬. It sounds very harsh, and it’s not a name I’ve ever heard before. But if they’re happy, that’s all that matters! He is a spitting image to Layla. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 3

We can only hope that Kylie Jenner’s experience of changing her baby’s name from Wolf will give Carlin some time to reconsider Zade.

Names suggested in the same style: Bode, Brady, Callan, Colby, Gage, Grady. Or just steal Zane from Alyssa.

• Upvote 2
  • Move Along 1

She could call him Sane and stop at two.... 😉

Edited by Hazelbunny
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

Zade is not my style and it's not a name I heard before. 

Zade is probably more distinctive and stands out which is good for an influencer.

Kade is a nickname in lieu of Quad as his real name is Robert IV.

I don't think it's a bad name. Naming discussions tend to be a bit classist as people tend prefer names like Michael, Charles, Robert, etc. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

1 Charlotte

2 Hazel

3 Layla

4 Bradley

5 Willow

6 Finley

7 Holland

8 Maci

9 Kaci

10 Carson

11 Brooklyn

12 Allie

13 Jadon

14 Lexi

15 Zoey

16 Zade

17 Everly

18 Kade

19 Khloe

20 Kolter

Seeing the names in a list like that makes me realize how much I hate the Bates’ naming styles. My taste tends to classic names for both sexes, and I’ve always hated the nickname-as-given-name style (call the kid by the nickname, but give them a more formal version so they have options - Joy nailed it with Evelyn Mae). 

The only name on this list I like is Charlotte. Even the more classic names on this list like Hazel and Bradley aren’t ones I care for. But they aren’t my kids. 

• Upvote 5
  • Bless Your Heart 2
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Dandruff said:

An LDS family on YT (April and Davey) has a son named Zade.  Haven't heard of it, otherwise.

I was about to post the same thing end it does make me wonder if they’re watching LDS family vloggers.  

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, clueliss said:

I was about to post the same thing end it does make me wonder if they’re watching LDS family vloggers.  

Zade does sound Mormon now that I think about it. And so does Kolter, Jadon, and Holland. 

• Upvote 4

From babynamesmeaningz.com

"Zade is in top trending baby Boy names list. The meaning of Zade is 'Stay in style with this name, which means either flourishing or trendy..' Its Pronunciation is ZAYD. Zade Origin / Usage is ' Arabic Baby Names ' . This name is especially approved for 'Boys' Gender."

Am I the only one that sees the irony in the name meaning trendy? In 2020 only 70 babies were named Zade. (According to Google search)

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Zade doesn't bother me as I know someone named  Zayd who's family is from the Middle East. Kaci and Maci though.... Kolter and Kade are also at the bottom of my list and I agree that Khloe needs a C. But I klearly don't like K names. 

• Upvote 1

I really like the name Zane. I don’t know why Zade gives me such a different vibe. I’m also surprised that Carlin and Evan gave Layla such a popular name, but then went extremely unique with their boy name. And at the same time, there are only five other Bates grandsons and they chose a name so similar to Kade. Zayden is the more popular name like Zade, but then that would rhyme with Jadon. Out of all the grand baby names, I think Zade and Kolter are tied for last. Oh well, I’ll get over it!

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

1 Charlotte

2 Hazel

3 Layla

4 Bradley

5 Willow

6 Finley

7 Holland

8 Maci

9 Kaci

10 Carson

11 Brooklyn

12 Allie