IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 10: Living in Their Own Instagram Sitcom

nelliebelle1197

9 hours ago, arareyeah said:

Carlin had a debate with Evan about peanuts. Apparently she ate her peanuts whole. Shells and all. I never heard anyone did that and now I'm confused.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Carlin and other older bates kids had some very weird eating habits due to their upbringing. 

• Upvote 13

23 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Carlin and other older bates kids had some very weird eating habits due to their upbringing. 

It could also be a sign of pica, which can happen in pregnancy but can also be caused by malnourishment do she could have developed it in Childhood. She has mentioned pregnancy related aenemia. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, CanadianMamam said:

It could also be a sign of pica, which can happen in pregnancy but can also be caused by malnourishment do she could have developed it in Childhood. She has mentioned pregnancy related aenemia. 

Possibly but if she thought it was normal to eat the shell, it’s not pregnancy related. I probably had low level pica when pregnant. I had the strongest urge to eat my toothpaste. Just squeeze it in there and eat it all. It tasted so good to me when pregnant. Now the thought of that is repulsive. 

• Upvote 6

I asked Google "are there people who eat peanut shells," because despite reading this here, I wanted Google to understand I find this a wild thing to consider. Livestrong says ew, maybe miss this, but the Peanut Board, which of course is a thing, says "you do you, it sells more of the product we're promoting." 

Husks or hulls are made the way they are to protect the fruit or seed inside, which is probably not a thing Carlin knows about. So I'm thinking about other things we eat that we "de-husk" first. Corn, and coconuts, uh, tomatillos...

On 3/3/2022 at 5:31 PM, postscript said:

At the moment, I can only wear gym shoes for medical reasons. Before that, I wore a dress/leggings combo with ballet flats, hiking boots, regular boots, sandals - you name it. At one point, I would have considered anything other than ballet flats or boots hideously unfashionable, but I’m past caring at this stage of my life. 

On 3/3/2022 at 5:48 PM, arareyeah said:

I'm a gym goer so my daily attire is mostly athleisure, even to work. As in I use workout leggings as pants. Mine are thick enough that my undergarments won't show, so I pair them with flowy blouse, short flowy dresses, or shirts partially tucked in. Any shoes goes, but mostly sneakers and socks. But for work I pick something less bulky like Nike Vapormax. With ballet flats or more formal ladylike shoes, I use socks that only covers the perimeter of your feet (so at least my toes are covered) in the colour as close as possible to my skintone. So in the case they're peeking through, they won't be as obvious. 

On 3/3/2022 at 6:15 PM, SassyPants said:

Platform shoes (closed toed Mary Janes in cooler weather) or higher heeled clogs/shoes. Same as I might wear with Yoga pants, depending on the length and cut (Flair/bootcut vs not). I’m short so I like the added height and not having to hem stuff. 

Thanks for the suggestions! Not sure any of that will work in my particular circumstances but it gave me some ideas.

I like slips because I think my dresses fall better and don't cling. I also feel sexy in a full slip.

I may be the only person on Earth that actually likes panty hose. For whatever reason, they fit me well (short legs, large behind.) I do not have "nice legs" and I like how they make my legs smooth and firmer.  That said, I don't wear them anymore because I feel like it would be akin to wearing bloomers or a corset in the public eye.  What I don't get is how women wear shoes with bare feet. I absolutely cannot do that.  So I do wear the no-show panty hose material footies.

Oh--I also find bras comfortable, so you may not want to take too much stock in what I say!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Possibly but if she thought it was normal to eat the shell, it’s not pregnancy related. I probably had low level pica when pregnant. I had the strongest urge to eat my toothpaste. Just squeeze it in there and eat it all. It tasted so good to me when pregnant. Now the thought of that is repulsive. 

I was thinking she could be like me and basically always have pica but have it so much worse in pregnancy. My chewing thing is paper. I know it's gross but I can'5 stop. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

Whenever I have whole peanuts it's a toss up if I eat the shells or not.  I certainly wasn't malnourished as a child and I don't have pica, but my father eats them sometimes as well so I learned it from him.  I also sometimes eat the shell on shrimp rather than peel them.

I’m surprised by all the anti pantyhose sentiment! What do you guys wear to a dressed up event in the winter? Like something too dressy to wear thick or solid opaque tights, and it’s too cold out to have bare legs. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

24 minutes ago, Johannah said:

I’m surprised by all the anti pantyhose sentiment! What do you guys wear to a dressed up event in the winter? Like something too dressy to wear thick or solid opaque tights, and it’s too cold out to have bare legs. 

Thankfully those occasions are super rare for me, but I will suck it up and wear pantyhose on those occasions. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Whenever I have whole peanuts it's a toss up if I eat the shells or not.  I certainly wasn't malnourished as a child and I don't have pica, but my father eats them sometimes as well so I learned it from him.  I also sometimes eat the shell on shrimp rather than peel them.

I had my mind blow my years ago when I found out that some people eat the whole apple – core and stem included – but this is on a whole 'nother level!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I also sometimes eat the shell on shrimp rather than peel them.

If you go to a good teppanyaki restaurant, they'll cook the shrimp/prawn shell and head so you can eat them like some sort of crackers. In my country if it's small enough shrimp we eat it unpeeled. But maybe that's just an Asian thing?

As for peanut shells, I have issues with because despite us Asians eating durian with gusto, peanut shells are no go. Heck, we eat watermelon seeds as snack, even that we peel them first. But personally I can't eat unpeeled apples, so seeing Carlin said she eats peanuts whole is bizzare for me

Edited by arareyeah
Hit button too fast

On 3/3/2022 at 5:12 PM, Paperplate said:

To everyone in the skirt/dress + leggings faction: what do you do wear on your feet? Just sandals? Socks and sneakers? Something different?

If I try that look I never know what to do. It's either sandals (which means cold feet) or socks and sneakers (which look strange and don't go with the skirt/dress). Any tips/suggestions (for someone who always has cold feet)?

In winter (or in general when it’s too cold for open shoes) I often wear socks in the same color as the leggings, and then just wear the shoes I’d wear with pants. I also have fancier shoes at the office, so in winter I’ll just wear warm boots on the way and then change into something less bulky at the office (where it’s warm anyway).

I think you can totally pair sneakers with a dress, at least if it’s a more casual/comfy dress and occasion.

13 hours ago, Johannah said:

Admittedly, I live in a very mild climate. On the rarest of occasion that my legs might be cold in my neck of the woods, I risk the cold. I don’t think Ive ever attended a formal event where opaque tights would be taboo or even very dressy pants. Like back tie in the snow? Is the venue at a hotel? if so, we might be staying at the hotel. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Admittedly, I live in a very mild climate. On the rarest of occasion that my legs might be cold in my neck of the woods, I risk the cold. I don’t think Ive ever attended a formal event where opaque tights would be taboo or even very dressy pants. Like back tie in the snow? Is the venue at a hotel? if so, we might be staying at the hotel. 

A winter wedding if you are going to be outside for pictures, maybe. I wore pantyhose at Christmas at my SIL's because they suited the dress best and I didn't want to be walking around in bare feet. 

I am going to a funeral visitation this week and figure out the best combo, but will likely pair black tights with a black dress or skirt. Current Covid protocols have limited occupancy and I am expecting there will be lots of people and that I will have to wait outside for some time. 

I should not be surprised by this but maybe I’m an eternal optimist. C&E are shopping for a carseat for the baby. Carlin said they just realized the baby would need an infant carseat. This is their second kid. Did they think this baby would pop out toddler size? WTAF. SMDH. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 9

If it’s winter, I’m still not wearing pantyhose. They really don’t provide me much warmth anyway. They aren’t as thick as tights. My legs are pretty hearty. It’s my other body parts that can’t handle winter cold. Like my neck. Ugh I hate a cold neck. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Guanabana said:

I should not be surprised by this but maybe I’m an eternal optimist. C&E are shopping for a carseat for the baby. Carlin said they just realized the baby would need an infant carseat. This is their second kid. Did they think this baby would pop out toddler size? WTAF. SMDH. 

They had planned on using Layla's bucket seat, which is why they moved her into her bigger seat. My guess is that they found out the seat expired. 

• Confused 2
  • Thank You 2

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I just went to a bat mitzvah a couple of weeks ago in a place that’s below freezing. So, cocktail attire. I wore a mini long-sleeved fuchsia lace dress and heels.

The event was indoors, but it wasn’t super warm, and there was a lot of moving outside from one venue to the other and waiting on Ubers or walking from parking lots. 

I’m not sure what else I would have worn besides pantyhose! They definitely didn’t provide warmth, but they do smooth out skin imperfections on legs, including goose bumps from the cold! Bare legs anywhere when there’s snow on the ground outside seems insane to me. And tights would have been way too casual for the dress and the shoes. 

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

They had planned on using Layla's bucket seat, which is why they moved her into her bigger seat. My guess is that they found out the seat expired. 

So this is where they chose to save money? E-bikes, drone, and assorted toys OK, but reuse Layla’s infant carseat. I’ll never understand these people.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Guanabana said:

what happened to Layla's one? Was it not brand new? I know in Australia those things are safe for 7 years if not involved in a car accident. 

Has Layla not sized up yet? I do know she is tiny. 

Wouldn't you just size Layla up if safe to do so and put the baby in the old one?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

what happened to Layla's one? Was it not brand new? I know in Australia those things are safe for 7 years if not involved in a car accident. 

Has Layla not sized up yet? I do know she is tiny. 

Wouldn't you just size Layla up if safe to do so and put the baby in the old one?

Exactly. I think here it’s 6 years with no accident. Layla is small but not that small anymore, she could definitely be transferred into one that grows along for a couple of years. And that’s what they did, iirc. So what is the problem with her infant car seat? I mean, my poor parents had to buy a new one after he, because I was a serial puker. No amount of washing could rescue the thing. They still have a bit of horror in their eyes when they talk about it.

• Haha 4
  • Thank You 2

..and when they got to the store they could not buy the last car seat left because it was 🤢pink🤢 and the MANLY infant obv could not use that.. I'm not saying I'm surprised, it's just so silly to me.

• I Agree 5
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Guanabana said:

So this is where they chose to save money? E-bikes, drone, and assorted toys OK, but reuse Layla’s infant carseat. I’ll never understand these people.

Almost everyone reuses the bucket seat? I had three kids, used the same bucket seat for two, bought a new one for baby #3 because too much time had passed. 

I am not sure why Layla's seat isn't viable, but it could have gotten damaged in storage (they moved her a few months ago), which happened with my bassinette between baby 1 and 2. Reusing gear between babies is normal though.

3 hours ago, lonedn said:

..and when they got to the store they could not buy the last car seat left because it was 🤢pink🤢 and the MANLY infant obv could not use that.. I'm not saying I'm surprised, it's just so silly to me.

Yeah, I rolled my eyes over that more than them replacing Layla's seat. 

• Upvote 5

• samurai_sarah locked this topic