IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 22: Every Sperm Is Scared

Bethella

55 minutes ago, browngrl said:

Mitchell and Bryne (pretty sure I spelled the names wrong) are due this summer with their third (not sure if this is old news)

They announced last year. I guessed boy in my 2022 Fundie Prediction!

• Upvote 1

By their FB, Daniel and Deborah Hale had their 4th child on the 25th of january., a girl named Olivia Mae. Her SIL was her midwife.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

Apparently Courtney Rogers plans to give birth alone at the hospital unless they can get a babysitter for the day. I know she’s done that before, but since she had a rough birth last time I don’t understand where she gets the courage. I’d never choose to give birth without my husband by my side, but then again we don’t have “12under12” either.

• Upvote 18
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, Cupcake79 said:

Apparently Courtney Rogers plans to give birth alone at the hospital unless they can get a babysitter for the day. I know she’s done that before, but since she had a rough birth last time I don’t understand where she gets the courage. I’d never choose to give birth without my husband by my side, but then again we don’t have “12under12” either.

Agreed, she is nuts. Making Dad stay with the kids is perhaps not a bad idea, because who else can they ask to babysit 12 under 12?? But she should have her mom or sister or a paid doula by her side to give birth, especially knowing her previous complications. These women value themselves so little. 

• Upvote 18

3 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

They don’t have any family nearby. I agree about getting a doula or even just a trusted friend to be with her at the hospital! Am I imagining things, or did they fly most of the kids to her family when she was due with the last one? That seems just crazy excessive. Why not spend a fraction of the money and fly two family members to them? 

eta: screwed up the quote box. This is what I was replying to from @usedbicycle: “But she should have her mom or sister or a paid doula by her side to give birth,” 

Edited by G33kywife
Screwed up the quote box
  • Upvote 4

I had the problem of having no sitter for my last birth because we had moved to the area only 4 months earlier. We had made good enough connections with people who I would have been happy to leave my other kids with during the day because I assumed (correctly) that that birth would also be quick. We didn’t know anyone we wanted to call during the night. 
How long has the family lived in the area? Isn’t he the pastor of their church? (Or am I confusing them for another couple who breeds almost quicker than rabbits?)

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Mrs Ms said:

I had the problem of having no sitter for my last birth because we had moved to the area only 4 months earlier. We had made good enough connections with people who I would have been happy to leave my other kids with during the day because I assumed (correctly) that that birth would also be quick. We didn’t know anyone we wanted to call during the night. 
How long has the family lived in the area? Isn’t he the pastor of their church? (Or am I confusing them for another couple who breeds almost quicker than rabbits?)

Yes, he is a pastor. I don’t know how big their congregation is. But you would think one or two of the people at the church would volunteer to watch the kids so their pastor could attend the birth of their child. I don’t go to church, but I would definitely watch the kids of my pastor if his wife was giving birth. Sure I wouldn’t want to do it for a week. But I could deal with a bunch of kids for one day in their own home. The kids already know their routine so I would just ask the oldest how to do things and go with the flow. My biggest issue might be the youngest since she may need extra help due to losing oxygen at birth. But Courtney makes it seem like she’s doing pretty well.

• Upvote 13

8 hours ago, G33kywife said:

They don’t have any family nearby. I agree about getting a doula or even just a trusted friend to be with her at the hospital! Am I imagining things, or did they fly most of the kids to her family when she was due with the last one? That seems just crazy excessive. Why not spend a fraction of the money and fly two family members to them? 

I think part of the reason was that she wanted the kids to spend time with their relatives, since they rarely get to see them.

But you'd think that some of their parishioners would offer to take the kids, at least.

• Upvote 8

I'm 99% sure someone flew out to NM and drove the Rodgers kids to stay with Courtney's parents before she was due with Caris and then Chris flew out to drive them back. I don't remember exactly where her family is from, but I think it's eastern time zone. A VERY long drive. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

4 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

I'm 99% sure someone flew out to NM and drove the Rodgers kids to stay with Courtney's parents before she was due with Caris and then Chris flew out to drive them back. I don't remember exactly where her family is from, but I think it's eastern time zone. A VERY long drive. 

It’s the south. I was thinking South Carolina or Georgia. And I think you’re remembering right. Because I would much rather watch 10 children in their home for 2 days than spend 2 days driving those ten all the way across the country. 

• Upvote 8

On 1/27/2022 at 6:46 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes, he is a pastor. I don’t know how big their congregation is. But you would think one or two of the people at the church would volunteer to watch the kids so their pastor could attend the birth of their child. I don’t go to church, but I would definitely watch the kids of my pastor if his wife was giving birth. Sure I wouldn’t want to do it for a week. But I could deal with a bunch of kids for one day in their own home. The kids already know their routine so I would just ask the oldest how to do things and go with the flow. My biggest issue might be the youngest since she may need extra help due to losing oxygen at birth. But Courtney makes it seem like she’s doing pretty well.

You might want to bring a friend to make a more reasonable adult:kid ratio. Sheesh! 12 kids is a lot.

• I Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

You might want to bring a friend to make a more reasonable adult:kid ratio. Sheesh! 12 kids is a lot.

My guess: the 3 oldest are probably self sufficient. The next 5 will likely need help, but can probably do a lot on their own like get dressed, wash their hands, feed themselves, pick up their toys, and then the youngest 3 probably need the most caretaking. Even though you would be watching 11, the most hands on care would only be with the youngest kids. Although that would still be exhausting for me. Thankfully it’s not like I would be watching 11 toddlers. 

• Upvote 5

As to that. I've known a lot of families of thirteen plus kids, The older ones were more or less left on their own as far as doing things for themselves, unless it came to being with some one of the opposite gender. In which case they had to have at least one other person with them, even if that person was a five year old sibling.  

• Upvote 4

Oni and Dama Gradinaru (the grad fam on YouTube) are pregnant with number 8!!! Wow. 8 under 6 yrs old. Also she has had a vertical incision c/s with the triplets and 2 X LSCS with the 2 that followed. Very dangerous. If I was their obstetrician I would not be happy. 

Edited by BritishBabycatcher
Spelling
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, BritishBabycatcher said:

Oni and Dama Gradinaru (the grad fam on YouTube) are pregnant with number 8!!! Wow. 8 under 6 yrs old. Also she has had a vertical incision c/s with the triplets and 2 X LSCS with the 2 that followed. Very dangerous. If I was their obstetrician I would not be happy. 

Actually she took a test, but it was negative.🙂

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, elisa said:

Thank god. That's the best news I've heard all day. I only saw her Instagram photo and saw all the congratulation messages. I haven't seen the YouTube video yet . Hopefully it will take longer before the next one comes (which is inevitable)

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

Bethany Lane's upcoming daughter will be named Julia, per a couple of instagram posts. 

I truly like the names she's picked for her girls overall (London is a bit off with the others), but her naming seems to reflect two abandoned plans. The first three children all were given "L" names, regardless of gender. The next two were given "C" names, seemingly starting a new triad of names... but the sixth will have a "J" name. Either Julia is the nickname/middle name of a "C" baby, or Bethany just likes to watch the world burn. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

5 hours ago, elisa said:

Watched the video and yikes, they are not taking any precautions and she is shocked they are not already pregnant since it usually takes her 4-5 months after giving birth. She mentions she is relieved by the negative result, but it doesnt sound like they will start taking precautions either after this scare. I dont think it will take much longer for them to be pregnant again.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 4

1 hour ago, SolomonFundy said:

Bethany Lane's upcoming daughter will be named Julia, per a couple of instagram posts. 

I truly like the names she's picked for her girls overall (London is a bit off with the others), but her naming seems to reflect two abandoned plans. The first three children all were given "L" names, regardless of gender. The next two were given "C" names, seemingly starting a new triad of names... but the sixth will have a "J" name. Either Julia is the nickname/middle name of a "C" baby, or Bethany just likes to watch the world burn. 

Huh, that's random. I wonder what's the reasoning. Unless she never intended a pattern in the first place and it's just a coincidence the names she picked looked like a theme?

Edited by anjulibai
  • Upvote 5

42 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Huh, that's random. I wonder what's the reasoning. Unless she never intended a pattern in the first place and it's just a coincidence the names she picked looked like a theme?

Her oldest is a Junior, so the first L wasn't really because she wanted an L name

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, raayx01 said:

Her oldest is a Junior, so the first L wasn't really because she wanted an L name

Agreed, but the next two L names kind of put a different spin on things. 

• Upvote 2

Courtney's family is in Central North Carolina (Asheboro)

I really hope that she is ok and has an easier time. 

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic