IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 22: Every Sperm Is Scared

Bethella

Ellissa (Baird) Petrenko is now 38 weeks pregnant with her baby girl and stuck in Ukraine- she's trying to get to Poland so she can have her baby in safety, but her husband is still in Kyiv and can't leave as Ukraine is going to start conscripting men his age into their military.

What a nightmare.

• Sad 17
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, indianabones said:

Ellissa (Baird) Petrenko is now 38 weeks pregnant with her baby girl and stuck in Ukraine- she's trying to get to Poland so she can have her baby in safety, but her husband is still in Kyiv and can't leave as Ukraine is going to start conscripting men his age into their military.

What a nightmare.

I feel bad for her. I thought it was sort of crazy to move to a country far away when you don’t speak the language and you don’t know your fiancé that well as it is. But now she’s in a dangerous and scary situation. I hope she can get out of there soon.

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 9

I remembered that was someone from a fundie family living in Ukraine, but I couldn't remember who. I hope she's okay. It seems her sister adopted two boys last year from Ukraine, so they all must feel very close to the country. 

• Upvote 5

On 2/24/2022 at 8:44 AM, usedbicycle said:

How about we let parents choose names and respect their reasons for doing so? 

It smells a little classist to me when people criticize unique spellings. When I taught at very low income schools, many names were crazy and impossible to know how to pronounce unless you heard it. For parents, a one-of-a-kind name for their baby is a wish for a one-of-a-kind destiny in a society where poverty keeps you stuck in so many ways. 

I know kids who ended up changing or simplifying their names, and there should be an easy procedure to do so. But judging the parents lacks some sensitivity IMO. 

Unfortunately some parents need to be judged on what they name their kid(s).

I’m looking at you Grimes and Elon Musk… I’m looking at you. 

But, yes, I agree with you on name judging. It’s just that some parents really shouldn’t be allowed to name another person. 

Like this guy:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heath_Hitler

Edited by Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing
  • Upvote 6

I feel terrible for Ellissa Petrenko. I was speaking to a friend less than 2 weeks ago, she lived in Ukraine for many years - she brushed off my concerns, saying that her family in Kyiv weren’t worried and that Russia has been acting argy-bargy for years. Nobody she knew in Ukraine was worried at all, so I wonder if this is why Ellissa and Andreii waited to flee - cautiously hoping that things wouldn’t become dangerous. I can’t imagine what I would do in that situation. I really do hope they are safe, that somehow they can safely get over the border to Poland (and then further away - if Russia does manage to overcome Ukraine I worry that Poland will be next in his sights).

I will admit, I’m concerned that they are posting that Andreii is with Ellissa  because if they make the choice to try to get out together, they shouldn’t be broadcasting his location.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Screenshot_20220227-190124-160.thumb.png.2d51761daf7096f59ddb84f13f659dcb.png

Jill (Duggar) Dillard is pregnant and due in July. They haven't found out the sex yet.

Edit: @Coldtoes beat me to it!

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 12
  • Love 6

I figured since they had a miscarriage, they would eventually try again for another. It’s probably best they don’t know the sex because I’m pretty sure Derrick’s mom wants a girl.

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Eyeroll 1

So she was in her first trimester during the trial. I'm sure that was a really hard time for her (lots of reasons to want to puke). But she's glowing now and I'm wishing them the best. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

Reading Kami Gimenez' blog, she announced "I can't wait to meet little Patriot that is due to arrive in May!".... So, is Patriot the name of the future Josh and Tabitha's son? With capital letter?

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 8

14 minutes ago, Hortense Peyrac said:

Reading Kami Gimenez' blog, she announced "I can't wait to meet little Patriot that is due to arrive in May!".... So, is Patriot the name of the future Josh and Tabitha's son? With capital letter?

According to Tabitha's instagram, it's Patriot SM Gimenez. No word yet on what SM means. Name falls right in line with Liberty Anne, Freedom Joy, and Victory Belle. 

• Rufus Bless 2
  • Eyeroll 6

32 minutes ago, AverageGiraffe said:

According to Tabitha's instagram, it's Patriot SM Gimenez. No word yet on what SM means. Name falls right in line with Liberty Anne, Freedom Joy, and Victory Belle. 

Wow I hope he goes by Pat. If I was a kid in that family, I would go with the least ridiculous sounding nickname. Meaning Libby, Freda, Tory, and Pat. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

Chloe Radford is having a girl. Chris and Nicole’s son’s name is Oaklyn, not a name I’m a fan of. Nicole’s 4 son’s are Bailey, Ethan and twins Tobie and Albie and with Chris she already had Maisie and Jacob so Oaklyn seems out of place with all the other names. Not sure what name Millie is naming her son she announced Ophelia’s name before her birth .

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

Screenshot_20220228-135945-530.thumb.png.2dc42e4e175078f7657977b6b0be4a16.png

Millie Radford gave birth to her son on February 20th. His name is Chester Bleu.

I guess she wanted to wait until she had his newborn photos back to announce.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

On 2/25/2022 at 5:02 PM, indianabones said:

Looks like Ellissa and her husband were just reunited in Western Ukraine.

According to her family’s various social media accounts, they have both left Ukraine and are in Hungary. They are getting a lot of pushback about the fact that Andriy left Ukraine and that they raised $37,000 on Go Fund Me to help Elissa. They also asked for donations directly to Elissa’s personal Venmo, etc. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 4

10 hours ago, AliC said:

Awww, Ophelia looks super happy to have a little brother!

She does the pictures are adorable of them both.

• I Agree 2

I know people hate bump speculation but I guess I’ll get some shit for this. Elizabeth Frazer Staddon has always been a slim build person. It seems to just be her natural body. But Esther posted a picture with her and I swear Elizabeth has a bump. Maybe like a 6 month along bump. I’m not going to post the pic. You don’t have to list her officially. Just don’t be surprised if there’s a birth announcement in a few months. But this may be their one and only baby since they got married so late in life. 

• Upvote 8

If it's true then I'm happy for them! Too bad Esther's IG is private, I would like to inspect the pic myself 😄. I'm OK with bump speculation as long as it's very obvious and not within a year of having another child. Nothing worse than pregnancy speculation on postpartum women.

The Staddons are interesting because in a family of 8 kids ranging in ages 26-43, only 2 have children so far. Some fundie families marry off their children quickly and have boatloads of grandkids, others seem to have late marriages and many older singles. I always wonder what leads to that family culture.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

If it's true then I'm happy for them! Too bad Esther's IG is private, I would like to inspect the pic myself 😄. I'm OK with bump speculation as long as it's very obvious and not within a year of having another child. Nothing worse than pregnancy speculation on postpartum women.

The Staddons are interesting because in a family of 8 kids ranging in ages 26-43, only 2 have children so far. Some fundie families marry off their children quickly and have boatloads of grandkids, others seem to have late marriages and many older singles. I always wonder what leads to that family culture.

Oh yeah I never speculate after a recent pregnancy because it took my belly forever to go down after pregnancy. I’m just thinking that Elizabeth has been featured on her family’s blog for well over a decade. And she’s always stayed the same size. She never fluctuates. So the fact that she only gained weight in one place makes me think it’s a baby bump. Plus she looks very happy in the picture. 

• Upvote 8

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic