IGNORED

Lori Alexander 80: So Warm and Inviting

4 hours ago, crawfishgirl said:

Regarding whether or not she recently received bad news about her brain tumor, I'm inclined to think that she has.  She went two weeks without a new blog entry until today (from 2/15 to 2/28).  Since she LOVES to tell all of us heathen feminists what we are doing wrong, this is a long stretch.  She doesn't even go this long between posts when she is in Door County, and one of the few things that will pry her hands from her phone/laptop is her health.  I realize that she is still using social media and has posted links to old blog entries and retweeted shit, but this is the first new entry in a while.

And it's a completely harmless recipe. I don't think Lori has ever done a harmless recipe post in the history of both blogs.

Sure there's a lot of privilege (expensive ingredients) and strains of judgement (my sugar is healthier than your sugar) but it's not bad at all. Maybe Lori has a future as someone who actually blogs about housekeeping and cooking skills, instead of pretending to care about those things while spewing toxic nonsense!

• Upvote 6

On 2/23/2022 at 8:25 PM, Hane said:

@Alisamer, I gotta admit: I’m generally relieved when there’s nothing new on this thread because Lori is such a judgy, miserable so-and-so.

I used to read Lori every day but now I can hardly stand it.  don't know if Lori used to be more fun to read before she got red-pilled, or we are just all exhausted listening to her nonsense.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

On 2/28/2022 at 6:37 PM, Cults-r-us said:

I used to read Lori every day but now I can hardly stand it.  don't know if Lori used to be more fun to read before she got red-pilled, or we are just all exhausted listening to her nonsense.

See visual aids below.

I really shouldn’t read her shit when I have a bad headache because it really just about causes my brain to explode.

F686DEA0-A1D3-4188-85C5-6DE1F4C11B84.png

EF880E34-EB77-4F00-9D39-ECACC7E6BB92.png

272EFC5C-CA96-4162-BF29-845DDFD0E768.jpeg

• Disgust 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 1

aww shit, she's REALLY going to think her shit don't stink now. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Jordan and McKay really went to town on her here: YouTube critique of “The Transformed Wife.”  For background, they’re a young ex-Mormon couple (who aren’t Lori experts the way we are). McKay is the stay-at-home dad of their toddler, and Jordan is a former special ed teacher who is working on her MSW in counseling.

• Upvote 2

Lori said she took down an FB post because Ken asked her to. Anyone know which one it was? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

ori said she took down an FB post because Ken asked her to. Anyone know which one it was? 

I was wondering, too. I'm banned so I can't see FB...but I saw the declaration of doing so on her other social media sites

Today Lori both quotes and contradicts John Piper -- while taking aim at female police, soldiers, and CEOs.

John Piper takes 4 paragraphs to decide that women can have some influence over men in workplace contexts, but only as long as they stay behind the scenes and don't do it "personally". Even in his wildest imagination, Piper can't conceive of a woman giving drill instruction to soldiers and having the soldiers respect her for it.

Why should women not provide "personal" leadership? Because the men will be offended, and if men are offended that means someone has "controvert God’s created order". That's right. "God's order" is defined by male emotions. His "sense of manhood" must be protected.

Piper cites some yet-undiscovered "clear teaching of the New Testament" that says men should give "leadership" in marriage. Where he found that, I don't know. There is no translation that uses the word "leadership" in that way.

But Lori thinks his mistake is in saying that women "should give glad partnership in supporting and helping that leadership come into its own." -- Lori thinks this is very soft, and she objects particularly to the word "partnership". Even the deeply unequal "partnership" described by Piper grants too much dignity to women for Lori's comfort. (That's because Piper, unlike Lori, probably knows that 'partner' is actually a good translation from the Genesis text, and 'help meet' is a weak and archaic one.)

Lori goes on to select some random occupations and workplaces to arbitrarily define as "masculine". She asserts that to be "authoritative" is the opposite of being feminine. She draws in some bible vocabulary joining "a meek and quiet spirit" with femininity as the opposite of being "authoritative". Which is laughable since the definition of "a meek and quiet spirit" comes from Psalm 131, an image of King David's spiritual life -- and the key person descried as being "meek" in the New Testament is Jesus himself. David and Jesus: very authoritative men there for Lori to base her definition of feminine conduct on.

Lori has seen plenty of marriages ruined by men's emotional reaction to authoritative working women -- for which Lori blames the women.

In addition to the "problems" of working at all (not being full time at the disposal of one's spouse and offspring) Lori objects to the unisex uniforms, and to the respect women receive and become accustomed to in such positions of workplace responsibility.

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

I was wondering, too. I'm banned so I can't see FB...but I saw the declaration of doing so on her other social media sites

I didn’t screen capture it but it was the comment about remaining the gender God made you because His ways are best. Honestly, relative to many other things she’s posted, it wasn’t the worst (not that I agree with her…it’s just that there’s just so much completion for the “worst” title).

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

Oh yeah, this is going to end well. I seriously hope (but doubt) that LazyLori shared some mental health resources also, and encouraged this mother, most likely with post-partum depression) to seek help immediately. 

98EBD9D9-9F0F-4C6A-A8D3-0AFEC864422D.png

• WTF 6

Lori was getting soundly reamed for her sleep training/ cry it out post.. She said none of her children had adverse effects from the sleep training at 6 weeks. Her proof was that they all walk in truth -- Let your baby cry through the night and he/she will be a godly Christian. Not exactly a proven cause and effect if you ask me.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

22 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Lori was getting soundly reamed for her sleep training/ cry it out post.. She said none of her children had adverse effects from the sleep training at 6 weeks. Her proof was that they all walk in truth -- Let your baby cry through the night and he/she will be a godly Christian. Not exactly a proven cause and effect if you ask me.

I absolutely agree!!

I have four children. The oldest was a terrible sleeper, and in desperation, I did let him cry it out, because I was young, inexperienced, desperate and exhausted. Today, that boy is 18 and while I love him dearly and he is kind and amazing in so many ways, he's also in regular trouble with the law, appears in court way too much, and is not a Christian. While he does have a belief, he is not following Jesus. Well to be honest I don't know what is in his heart, but he certainly has never claimed to be following Jesus.

I did not sleep train my other 3, and in fact I co-slept with my youngest. They aren't outwardly following Jesus either, but they're still young.

But my point is:  sleep training a baby has no bearing on whether or not they are going to be Christians as adults.

This is from the "should women be police officers" post. 

Surely I'm not the only one who finds this sort of behaviour abhorrent? There is absolutely no way you can convince me this is Christian behaviour. Jesus would never, ever have done such a manipulative, disrespectful thing.

Lori.png

• Disgust 2
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 14
  • I Agree 1

I have seen "meekness" defined as "strength under control" many times in a biblical context. Yes, Jesus was meek. He could have called down legions of angels to seriously kick some ass but he didn't. King David had the armies of Israel at his hand but didn't use them much. Meek does not mean scared little mouse. 

The story of ditching the diaphragm...who the hell thinks of that shit? Who is that disrespectful? Christian my ass. 

"Sleep Training"...yeah, no, that never worked with my kids. I'd let them fuss but if it turned into full blown crying, I got up. Lots of sleeping in a recliner with a baby on my chest over the years, including my grandson who was a horrible sleeper for the longest time. Thing is, I enjoyed having my baby sleeping on me. Even if I woke up covered in drool and occasionally pee, it was a wonderful feeling knowing that baby felt warm and secure. Maybe that's why I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat now...years of sleep deprivation catching up with me. It was funny, grandson would be screaming bloody murder (his parents couldn't be assed to get up), I'd get him up, change his butt, grab a bottle and snuggle him, he'd be out inside of 10 minutes! He's almost 9 now and will still crash out on me at times (last Christmas, he snuggled up with me on the couch and was out inside of 5 minutes). Those late nights just me and babe were heavenly. Its actually something I really miss from those days. The best I can do now is some damn cat who feels the need to steal my body heat and shove an ice cold nose in some body part/space that reacts badly to cold. Cold cat nose in armpit is NOT nice. 

• Upvote 8

11 hours ago, KDA said:

I absolutely agree!!

I have four children. The oldest was a terrible sleeper, and in desperation, I did let him cry it out, because I was young, inexperienced, desperate and exhausted. Today, that boy is 18 and while I love him dearly and he is kind and amazing in so many ways, he's also in regular trouble with the law, appears in court way too much, and is not a Christian. While he does have a belief, he is not following Jesus. Well to be honest I don't know what is in his heart, but he certainly has never claimed to be following Jesus.

I did not sleep train my other 3, and in fact I co-slept with my youngest. They aren't outwardly following Jesus either, but they're still young.

But my point is:  sleep training a baby has no bearing on whether or not they are going to be Christians as adults.

This is from the "should women be police officers" post. 

Surely I'm not the only one who finds this sort of behaviour abhorrent? There is absolutely no way you can convince me this is Christian behaviour. Jesus would never, ever have done such a manipulative, disrespectful thing.

Lori.png

Wait, is she saying that SHE made her sister's diaphragm disappear??!! 😮 That's not just manipulative, it's downright criminal. She should be arrested for that!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 9

11 hours ago, feministxtian said:

"Sleep Training"...yeah, no, that never worked with my kids. I'd let them fuss but if it turned into full blown crying, I got up. Lots of sleeping in a recliner with a baby on my chest over the years, including my grandson who was a horrible sleeper for the longest time. Thing is, I enjoyed having my baby sleeping on me. Even if I woke up covered in drool and occasionally pee, it was a wonderful feeling knowing that baby felt warm and secure. Maybe that's why I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat now...years of sleep deprivation catching up with me. It was funny, grandson would be screaming bloody murder (his parents couldn't be assed to get up), I'd get him up, change his butt, grab a bottle and snuggle him, he'd be out inside of 10 minutes! He's almost 9 now and will still crash out on me at times (last Christmas, he snuggled up with me on the couch and was out inside of 5 minutes). Those late nights just me and babe were heavenly. Its actually something I really miss from those days. The best I can do now is some damn cat who feels the need to steal my body heat and shove an ice cold nose in some body part/space that reacts badly to cold. Cold cat nose in armpit is NOT nice. 

This. I let mine fuss, but if it keeps going or escalates, we get them. And oddly enough, both of my first two slept through the night at or by six months, even without sleep training! It's almost like biology plays a part in whether a child sleeps or not... (And while I don't do it at night, because I need sleep or I'm miserable, I think having a baby sleeping on your chest is one of the best parts of having a baby. I have no qualms about doing it during the day. I'm going to have to borrow babies to do that with once New Baby is too old to want to.) And seriously, if that mom was suicidal, I hope someone reached out to her and gave her better advice and more practical help than Lori's advice to sleep train, especially because if she's suicidal she needs help NOW, not in a week of listening to her baby crying.

@Loveday, messing with someone's birth control is considered a form of assault in some areas.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

29 minutes ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

@Loveday, messing with someone's birth control is considered a form of assault in some areas.

Thanks, I did not know that, but I'm relieved to hear it!

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

Wait, is she saying that SHE made her sister's diaphragm disappear??!! 😮 That's not just manipulative, it's downright criminal. She should be arrested for that!

Yes. The poster invited her brother and his new wife camping for a week, then rummaged around in new sister-in-law's bag when she wasn't looking and stole her diaphragm, deliberately to get her pregnant against her will, at least partially derailing her career as an attorney. And now this woman is bragging about it.

Absolutely criminal, IMO, and the brother and sister-in-law should be suing her for everything they can get. If she wanted them to have a baby so bad, she can pay the medical costs, educational costs, food, clothing, compensate them for the lost wages the wife had...

Lori loves this story because she basically did the same thing to HERSELF. She poked a hole in her own diaphragm, in order to get pregnant at a time when Ken did NOT want them to have another baby yet. And she brags about it. She's a manipulative evil vile nasty liar.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

56 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Yes. The poster invited her brother and his new wife camping for a week, then rummaged around in new sister-in-law's bag when she wasn't looking and stole her diaphragm, deliberately to get her pregnant against her will, at least partially derailing her career as an attorney. And now this woman is bragging about it.

Absolutely criminal, IMO, and the brother and sister-in-law should be suing her for everything they can get. If she wanted them to have a baby so bad, she can pay the medical costs, educational costs, food, clothing, compensate them for the lost wages the wife had...

Lori loves this story because she basically did the same thing to HERSELF. She poked a hole in her own diaphragm, in order to get pregnant at a time when Ken did NOT want them to have another baby yet. And she brags about it. She's a manipulative evil vile nasty liar.

The utter nerve, the GALL, someone would have to have to do something like that is terrifying. If they're calculating enough to steal a woman's diaphragm so she'd get pregnant, what the hell ELSE are they capable of doing? And the idea that they think they have the actual RIGHT to do something like that to anyone is equally terrifying. And to think we have a LOT of people who think like that in our national and state governments and in many churches is enough to keep me awake at night.

Damn. I'm so appalled by this that I'm writing like Jill R--allcaps all over the place! :?

Edited by Loveday
dropped a letter
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

24 minutes ago, Loveday said:

The utter nerve, the GALL, someone would have to have to do something like that is terrifying. If they're calculating enough to steal a woman's diaphragm so she'd get pregnant, what the hell ELSE are they capable of doing? And the idea that they think they have the actual RIGHT to do something like that to anyone is equally terrifying. And to think we have a LOT o people who think like that in our national and state governments and in many churches is enough to keep me awake at night.

Damn. I'm so appalled by this that I'm writing like Jill R--allcaps all over the place! :?

I know, right? 

They basically believe it's OK for them to do the opposite of what God says, in order to force others to do what God says.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

I've always wondered how one beats their small children with a meek and mild spirit?  My parents were always pissed off and righteous as hell.   I can't imagine keeping sweet and  'hey, honey, you were naughty now mommy needs to be beat your butt because Jesus and mommy love you'    What does that DO to kids? Well, thinking, probably the same thing as being beaten when the parent was pissed off.   Never mind...

Sabotoging someone's birth control - your own or anyone elses - is not a cute funny story.  Nothing to brag about.   At all.   It is horrifying.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

From what I understand about TTUAC (never read the nonsense), Michael Pearl advocates that you calmly beat the hell out of your child, numerous times if necessary. 

The key is calm, not anger.  The child (no matter how young) is supposed to know that the beating is the consequence of whatever nit-picky "sin" they committed, so they know the beating is coming.  No need to yell or scream or rant. Just calmly and meekly and quietly pick up the plumbing line or leather strap. or whatever torture instrument you prefer and commence to beating - hard and long.

Keep calmly beating until the child's will is broken. Repeat as often as the child "sins" (which is probably all the time).

Seems to me that if a person can calmly beat a child they're definitely a sociopath..

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

12 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

From what I understand about TTUAC (never read the nonsense), Michael Pearl advocates that you calmly beat the hell out of your child, numerous times if necessary. 

The key is calm, not anger.  The child (no matter how young) is supposed to know that the beating is the consequence of whatever nit-picky "sin" they committed, so they know the beating is coming.  No need to yell or scream or rant. Just calmly and meekly and quietly pick up the plumbing line or leather strap. or whatever torture instrument you prefer and commence to beating - hard and long.

Keep calmly beating until the child's will is broken. Repeat as often as the child "sins" (which is probably all the time).

Seems to me that if a person can calmly beat a child they're definitely a sociopath..

Don't forget the most important part of Michael Pearl's advice. Don't wait until the child "sins". Set them up to fail! Don't just react to what the child does, make sure they do something wrong just so you can beat them. Put something you know they want right in front of them and order them not to touch it. Child likes to throw things? Give them something you know they'll throw, then beat them when they do. Baby learning to crawl, and excited to explore their world? Sit them on a blanket and smack them every time they move off of it. 

He doesn't JUST want parents to beat their kids. His point is to BREAK the kids. Deliberately cause them to "sin" and then beat them for it. And keep doing it until no matter what you do, they won't do anything without explicit permission. 

Which makes them afraid and untrusting, but obedient. He doesn't care how the kids turn out long term, as long as they do what they are told.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 3
  • WTF 1

I sleep trained my daughter. I doubt my version of sleep training was anything like Lori's version of letting your baby scream through the night. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Don't forget the most important part of Michael Pearl's advice. Don't wait until the child "sins". Set them up to fail! Don't just react to what the child does, make sure they do something wrong just so you can beat them. Put something you know they want right in front of them and order them not to touch it. Child likes to throw things? Give them something you know they'll throw, then beat them when they do. Baby learning to crawl, and excited to explore their world? Sit them on a blanket and smack them every time they move off of it. 

He doesn't JUST want parents to beat their kids. His point is to BREAK the kids. Deliberately cause them to "sin" and then beat them for it. And keep doing it until no matter what you do, they won't do anything without explicit permission. 

Which makes them afraid and untrusting, but obedient. He doesn't care how the kids turn out long term, as long as they do what they are told.

Lori has mentioned breaking her kids wills many times.  Lori’s perverted interpretation of scripture lined up with her selfish and lazy nature and the fact she couldn’t deal with the "human-ness" of her kids.  Very convenient.

• Sad 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

I'm not convinced that the "rod" in the Bible is actually a stick meant for beating children. I asked one of our preachers this once, because it simply didn't line up with what I believed about Jesus and she said to look at the shepherd using the rod/staff to guide the sheep. She said he never beat the sheep, he gently stretched the rod out as an extension of his hand and guided the sheep back onto the right path.

She did say that the shepherd would use as much force as necessary to keep the sheep safe and away from danger, but that force would be a last resort, and only when there was danger ahead. She does not have children of her own (our lady preachers remain unmarried and childless, just as our men preachers do) but I found her to be very wise. She is horrified by how many people twist God's word and use it as an excuse to beat their children. She is a very gentle, calm lady, much like I imagine Jesus to be. Pretty much the exact opposite of Lori. She also has a nephew who is gay and she loves him and accepts him exactly as he is. I'm not sure that Lori would be so accepting of a gay family member.

• Upvote 5

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic