IGNORED

Lori Alexander 80: So Warm and Inviting

7 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Really, what younger woman would want Ken? A 65-year old misogynist, not terribly attractive, with reactionary views.

I $u$pect he could find $omeone, if he wanted. 

He makes decent money, and if he wasn't having to keep Lori in organic butter and expensive skincare that doesn't work that she thinks other women shouldn't use, he'd have even more. 

Don't forget, a lot of the crazy is Lori. Ken usually is reacting to backlash against Lori. He's awful, but without her he'd be enjoying wine with dinner out now and again, and he's been on beach vacations with Alyssa and her husband, I think. He seems to enjoy his grandkids, and without Lori would likely be just a garden-variety normal older reasonably well off white man. 

Still misogynist and with terrible beliefs, I'm sure, but he seems not to be the sort to beat you over the head with those beliefs unless Lori is the catalyst. And he's clearly able to tolerate a LOT of BS, having put up with Lori for all those years. And he can cook for himself!

I'm not saying Ken is a catch, but I think if he was mingling at a golf club or something he could pick up a divorcee a bit younger than him ready to travel and enjoy wine tastings and sunny vacations. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

@Alisamer, re Ken: As I like to say, some women will settle for anyone with a dick and a pulse. (An older version went, “any mammal with a day job.”)

Edited by Hane
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 2

10 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

not surprised. There is no issue she won't beat to death to be right.  I followed the first post about boundaries and she found 87 reasons to Sunday why the examples weren't actually "boundaries" but rather "being considerate, being submission to your husband, being "practical" etc.  You can call things anything you want, Lori, but it doesn't make something less than a boundary.  she claims boundaries are bad because they are never mentioned by name in the Bible. Aren't most of the 10 commandants "boundaries"  Thou shalt not kill. Thou shalt not steal, etc...those are all boundaries. 

If we want to play the game of "it's not in the Bible"....let's start with cars...they aren't in the Bible so we shouldn't use them. How about the internet, Lori?  That's not in the Bible either so it must not be godly.   I'm so sick of her using the Bible as a weapon or to argue things that aren't really important or essential to being a Christian.  She likes to say that we are "no longer under the law" since Jesus is the new covenant (which I believe) but then makes a whole bunch of new laws. SMH

5 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

I know! The people who whine about that definetely haven't been in a school in a long time. Teachers are well aware that young children like to move, both boys and girls. My kids were constantly moving in the classroom, doing hands on projects, swaying to a song in circle time, building something for a play, going to sit outside to work on a writing project with friends. The days of long rows of desks are long gone, Lori, at least in the schools I've seen.

Really, what younger woman would want Ken? A 65-year old misogynist, not terribly attractive, with reactionary views.

True that, but when he used to come here he seemed, well, lonely. Too bad he didn't get away from Lori, but that would probably break him since she's never worked. If getting away from Lori meant living in his car, it would be worth it.

• Upvote 1

@louisa05 My students, while nominally sitting at a desk (really a table), are up and moving about, collaborating, talking, laughing, bragging about their basketball or football prowess, AND learning. My granddaughter's class is "controlled chaos". The "old school" of in the desks, desks in rows, face forward and shut up doesn't fly anymore. 

• Upvote 3

On 4/26/2022 at 12:47 PM, Alisamer said:

He makes decent money, and if he wasn't having to keep Lori in organic butter and expensive skincare that doesn't work that she thinks other women shouldn't use, he'd have even more. 

Don't forget, a lot of the crazy is Lori. Ken usually is reacting to backlash against Lori. He's awful, but without her he'd be enjoying wine with dinner out now and again, and he's been on beach vacations with Alyssa and her husband, I think. He seems to enjoy his grandkids, and without Lori would likely be just a garden-variety normal older reasonably well off white man. 

Still misogynist and with terrible beliefs, I'm sure, but he seems not to be the sort to beat you over the head with those beliefs unless Lori is the catalyst. And he's clearly able to tolerate a LOT of BS, having put up with Lori for all those years. And he can cook for himself!

I'm not saying Ken is a catch, but I think if he was mingling at a golf club or something he could pick up a divorcee a bit younger than him ready to travel and enjoy wine tastings and sunny vacations. 

We know that he has a good income, but I wonder if a lot of the money actually comes from Lori's family.  Ken's family were missionaries and didn't have a lot of money.  Lori's family seems more upper-middle class.  When her father dies, she and her sisters will inherit the vacation house in Door County and her father's San Diego house.  We know that her parents helped them when they were first married (they gave them the trailer, and didn't they also give them a small house which Ken later sold at a highly appreciated value?).  I suspect that the parents also have money invested if they were able to buy expensive vacation homes.  Anyway, I realize that she'll need to share the inheritance with her sisters, but inherited money is not usually considered community property, but if he's smart he'll comingle it.  Poor weak-acting female Lori may not be aware if he tries to hide it.  Maybe one of the reasons that they've mentioned leaving CA is to move to a state that doesn't have strong alimony laws...

• Upvote 2

@crawfishgirl, and Ken had been considering the ministry, but wound up in his current career because preacher-men didn’t make enough money to suit Lori.

• Upvote 10

Ken was actually in Divinity school studying to become a preacher.  Lori would have none of it. Remember how she's always said the tiny trailer they lived in when first married was the worst time in he life. Ken has always said it was the happiest.

I seem to remember Lori got her father to use his connections so Ken could get into his lucrative current business. Orthodontic practice consultant was not Ken's planned career path.

Lazy Lori's planned career path, however,, was to be the SAHW of a well-off man. Lazy Lori got her way. As she always did - she said this multiple times in the old blog.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

Oh good grief ya'll. Now Christian radio is wrong.  These people find something to complain about with everything.  

Edited by Free Jana Duggar
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Oh good grief ya'll. Now Christian radio is wrong.  These people find something to complain about with everything.  

Is she bitching about the music sounding too secular?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

The thing with Lori is that EVERYTHING is wrong. Except her.

Even if you say the exact same thing as her using very similar words, you're wrong. Somehow. Because Lori.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

47 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Is she bitching about the music sounding too secular?

Kinda, but mostly saying it's "fluff" and they play songs from Hillsong, Bethel etc... They also advertise female preachers, so you should only listen to CDs of hymns or sermons by men. 

Edited by Free Jana Duggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Kinda, but mostly saying it's "fluff" and they play songs from Hillsong, Bethel etc... They also advertise female preachers, so you should only listen to CDs of hymns or sermons by men. 

And don't forget that Christian radio often has female DJs. Shouldn't they be at home, raising their five thousand kids and cooking for their man? They're setting a terrible, ungodly example by working on the radio just like the menz do. I mean, they could so easily slip into a bit of teaching, or worse, preaching! *clutches pearls* in between the evil Hillsong music.🙄

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

So now it's a week or more she has been harping on weight. Last week she asked how people avoided having eating disorders, then she negated everything everyone said....now for days she has had posts, tweets, blogs, and now a video which are essentially roadmaps for how to having an eating disorder.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if she said her daughters had to have a weigh in every morning before they got  up while they were growing up. 

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

So now it's a week or more she has been harping on weight. Last week she asked how people avoided having eating disorders, then she negated everything everyone said....now for days she has had posts, tweets, blogs, and now a video which are essentially roadmaps for how to having an eating disorder.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if she said her daughters had to have a weigh in every morning before they got  up while they were growing up. 

Didn't she and Ken once say something about considering moving to Tennessee? 

Get yourself some hairspray, Lori! Elizabeth Shamblin Hannah better watch out, Lori is coming for her "skinny for God" angle!

The mashup no one wants - Lori Alexander and Remnant. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

On 4/26/2022 at 3:22 PM, Hane said:

@Alisamer, re Ken: As I like to say, some women will settle for anyone with a dick and a pulse. (An older version went, “any mammal with a day job.”)

As someone who is 38 and attempting to date without settling I will be using this saying. As in “sunny side will not settle for a dick and  pulse”. 🤣🤣🤣

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Love 5

I'm completely confused by her latest post. Did someone hijack her blog? It's almost like she is recognizing that emotional abuse is a thing. I thought it was just the wife imagining things, or being too fussy?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

I'm completely confused by her latest post. Did someone hijack her blog? It's almost like she is recognizing that emotional abuse is a thing. I thought it was just the wife imagining things, or being too fussy?

It sounds like she has been convinced that there can be legitimate suffering involved in emotionally abusive marriages -- but all of the advice is about how to endure it, live with it, and keep it from escalating. At least she now thinks these women deserve sympathy and support. ON the other hand, she still thinks only physical abuse and elder approval justifies marital separation. (And only adultery or abandonment legitimize divorce.) So it's still a pretty evil perspective, overall.

• Upvote 6

On 5/1/2022 at 9:01 AM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Ken was actually in Divinity school studying to become a preacher.  Lori would have none of it. Remember how she's always said the tiny trailer they lived in when first married was the worst time in he life. Ken has always said it was the happiest.

I seem to remember Lori got her father to use his connections so Ken could get into his lucrative current business. Orthodontic practice consultant was not Ken's planned career path.

Lori's father was a pathologist. How could he have connections in the orthodontic consulting world? Dead bodies do not need orthodontia, so I don't think these two professional groups connect very often.

Ken got a low level job at Millenium Consulting using his slick, smooth talking social skills. Then eventually he broke off on his own, or took over the business. I think his business use  to be called "Millenium," obviously it wasn't "Alexander and Sons" when his  sons were small.

I don't think Lori's dad (reportedly a difficult person) had anything to do with it. The guy was a doctor, he wasn't some business tycoon with tons of connections here and there. He worked for a hospital, probably spent most of his time analyzing tissue in a lab.

Edited by Jackie3

On 4/26/2022 at 10:47 AM, Alisamer said:

I forgot there were women who'd marry a man because he had money. I thought those days were gone, but I guess not. Would Ken really want someone who married him for his bank account? Seems better to be alone.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

I forgot there were women who'd marry a man because he had money. I thought those days were gone, but I guess not. Would Ken really want someone who married him for his bank account? Seems better to be alone.

Lori married him for his future earning potential, so unless he’s learned from his mistake…

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

On 5/6/2022 at 1:09 PM, Jackie3 said:

Lori's father was a pathologist. How could he have connections in the orthodontic consulting world? Dead bodies do not need orthodontia, so I don't think these two professional groups connect very often.

Not necessarily.   And I believe Lori's father was "hospital-based" so the assumption about him "working with dead bodies" is incorrect.  Medical examiners perform autopsies, not hospital based pathologists who study specimens, tissue samples, etc to help diagnosis disease. Hospital pathologists interact with many providers in other medical professions.  They aren't just stuck in a lob or a basement never to interact with other medical types. 

I've worked in healthcare/hospitals my entire career.  I think this stereotype of Lori's father being some weird loner because he was a pathologist is off.  Just because he was a quiet only child does not mean he didn't have a wide professional network.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

Not necessarily.   And I believe Lori's father was "hospital-based" so the assumption about him "working with dead bodies" is incorrect.  Medical examiners perform autopsies, not hospital based pathologists who study specimens, tissue samples, etc to help diagnosis disease. Hospital pathologists interact with many providers in other medical professions.  They aren't just stuck in a lob or a basement never to interact with other medical types. 

I've worked in healthcare/hospitals my entire career.  I think this stereotype of Lori's father being some weird loner because he was a pathologist is off.  Just because he was a quiet only child does not mean he didn't have a wide professional network.  

Hospital pathologist do a huge amount of testing of tissue. This occurs in a medical lab. They also oversee their staff, who is also doing testing. This is a big part of the job (of course, they do other things, like blood procedures). They work with very seriously ill people, not people looking for a prettier smile.

Hospital pathologists spend their work day in the hospital, for the most part. Orthodontists may appear in a hospital from time to time, but even when they do, they are generally not sending tissue to a lab.

Of course a pathologist might know an orthodontist. But it's not a natural connection I would make, personally.

Now there are other professionals that do work together. . . internist/oncologist, for example, or ER doc/trauma surgeon.  But pathologist and orthodontist? Quite a stretch.

Why this need to see Lori's dad as a mover and shaker with vast connections in the orthodontic world?

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 1

I think that Lori's father knew an orthodontist, in that maybe Lori and her sisters had braces or their neighbor or someone at his church was an orthodontist or orthodontic consultant. People mingle with others outside of their professional lives.

I went back to Ken's old visits here, and he does sound lonely. I question if he enjoyed his time here, bantering with FJers, replying to counterpoints, because he doesn't get that from 10 minute Lori. I don't think that Lori will see much of her children and grandchildren if something happened to Ken. He seems the glue that keeps the family bonded. Lori is just "there".

• Upvote 3

As I have mentioned in a previous post (I cannot remember what thread), I think Ken either had a connection himself or simply answered an ad placed by the orthodontic supply company Rocky Mountain Orthodontics (now known as RMO) which began the Millenium Society. He was trained in a management system and sent out to sell it to the clients of the company. He created good client relationships and grew the business. There might still be a connection, but probably that has been negotiated to a minimal financial connection, if any still even exists, now that his business is called Alexander and Sons.

Ken has made good money for many years. Even in the 1990's and early 2000's, orthodontic consultants were making anywhere from $1000 to $5000 a day/visit, with their meals, airfare, hotels all fully paid by the doctor as well. Even being on the road only half-time would mean a decent salary.

Advising a practice transition (otherwise known as sale), can bring in anywhere from $25,000 to $100,000 plus. I imagine he is also remotely managing both his son's and his son-in-law's practices, a job that could bring him $75,000 to $125,000 per practice annually.

Ken began his business when there were few female orthodontists. Now they comprise half, if not more, of the graduating classes. There are also many more female orthodontic consultants as well. I imagine this shift has been felt in his practice, especially if anyone has seen his wife's online pronouncements.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic