IGNORED

Lori Alexander 80: So Warm and Inviting

This rhetoric makes me stabby. Some people need ongoing medical care to stay healthy and her prescription of sun, sleep, exercise, etc…being the only way to maintain health is freaking nonsense. This crap is why so many people have a victim blaming mentality about chronic or serious illness. It makes me recall the person who told me that my 24 year old cousin’s death due to cystic fibrosis was “probably because of an unhealthy lifestyle”  I explained the GENETIC disease part. Person doubled down because obviously diet and exercise cures genetic diseases  

Spoiler

698FC8D3-8D60-4FEB-AB16-53EA834914CD.jpeg.75d3bf1fc973bd4fd275621451111b87.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 4

Take responsibility for your own health by not worrying, says the woman who is so worried about what other women wear, do for a living, eat, think, listen to, read, and do in their bedrooms that she has multiple social media channels to complain about those things.

Doctors are great for emergencies, says the woman who has had multiple cyberknife treatments and apparently gets frequent non-emergency checkups on her brain tumor, and whose entire lifestyle is funded by her husband's consulting of non-emergency elective medical (dental) services.

Watch what and how much you eat, sleep, and exercise and you'll be healthy, says the woman who was so sick she spent the majority of her kids' childhood lying on the sofa with an ice pack while the nanny cared for them, and who still has a brain tumor, and who looks more and more unhealthy in every photo and video she posts. 

Lying Lori needs to look in a mirror, I think. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 7

Feminism causes obesity! 

Spoiler

937389FD-EF7A-485C-B150-8E51A8D6FF7B.jpeg.333289c4800c565844075f17828978ab.jpeg

From the comments on her “everyone was thin in the 50s” post. Another commenter seems to think  the Dr Quinn, Medicine Woman cast really lived in the 19 th C. Or something like that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Haha 10

nah, I'm fat because I like to eat. I'm fat because of the anti-depressants I've taken for years. I'm fat because my metabolism is fucked. I'm fat because I have a big frame and can hide weight really well. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 9

43 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

nah, I'm fat because I like to eat. I'm fat because of the anti-depressants I've taken for years. I'm fat because my metabolism is fucked. I'm fat because I have a big frame and can hide weight really well. 

Most of the commenters are on the working women can’t cook thing so takeout makes them and their families overweight. 
Since I work and therefore can’t cook, I’d really like to know who broke into my house while I was at school today and made the soup that’s in my crockpot. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 19

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

Most of the commenters are on the working women can’t cook thing so takeout makes them and their families overweight. 
Since I work and therefore can’t cook, I’d really like to know who broke into my house while I was at school today and made the soup that’s in my crockpot. 

I am so tired of that bullshit. I came home at 4:30 or so, got the kids' homework organized and got them to work and then I cooked dinner which was on the table about 6-ish. I did that shit for YEARS and YEARS! I did that shit when I was in class 4 fucking nights a week after working an 8 hour day. It wasn't until we reached the "empty nest" that we started getting take out a couple of times a week, ate a lot of frozen pizza and generally ate like shit. Our grocery shopping looked like a couple of college kids had money to burn. 

Now, I have no reason to really cook, I mean, who am I going to cook for? Me? It ain't worth the effort. However, I'm sure I could school Lori and company on how to put a meal together on the fly and have it on the table in less than an hour, complete with protein, carbs, veggies and maybe even a sweet for dessert. My SIL lived with us for a little while and she'd call me at work asking me what I was going to do for dinner. Shit, I had no idea at 2pm. I had no idea at 4pm. Once I got home and opened the fridge/freezer I got inspired. My SIL couldn't understand how I could put a meal together without thinking about it, a recipe or anything other than food, spices, pots/pans and a stove. God bless her. I miss her so much. She died of an accidental overdose of prescription meds in 2009.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 14

Lori brags that her maternal grandmother didn't believe in doctors or medicine (her church preached against it) and never once took any of her 7 children to the doctor. One assumes they didn't go to the dentist either.  I guess we can also assume the woman had 7 unassisted home births. So of course obviously no one needs a doctor unless it's a dire, dire emergency (unless you're Lori).

According to one of the leghumper fangirls one of the reasons people were thin in the 1950s is that there were very few restaurants.  Did all ya'll know that?  Hardly any restaurants anywhere in the 1950s. That's why everyone ate at home. All the time. Well huh.. Who knew. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 3

I'm fat because I snarfed down half of this spicy Korean fried chicken while I was reading this thread! 😂 I get it at the street market maybe once a month. 

Working women don't cook- what bullshit. My SIL is an ER nurse and a better cook than I am. I work from 4-8 am (friggin time difference) and manage to make breakfast, lunch, and supper for everyone in the house. Except today, today is leftover night. I might be in a food coma from Spicy Korean chicken.

20211103_113922.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Love 11

If you eat poorly, don't exercise, smoke  etc you are more likely to develop some medical issue that will require treatment. However,  this does not mean that doing all the "right" things will mean good health. Example: Lori who has a brain tumour although she is happy to tell you how much better than you she is.

Lori needs to stop offering medical advice

Edited by browngrl
tried to explain that I'm tired that Lori offers all this judgmental medical advice
  • Upvote 15
  • Love 1

@TeddyBonkers that looks delicious! I haven't been able to find a decent Chinese or Korean restaurant here. I don't want a fancy restaurant, I prefer the hole in the wall mom & pop places. Good food, plenty of it and decent prices. I miss Food a Go Go in LV. Mom and pop place, always, always busy. Some shrimp lo mein, Mongolian Beef, egg rolls, Oh god I gotta stop now. 

• Upvote 5

On 11/2/2021 at 8:06 PM, browngrl said:

Lori needs to stop offering medical advice

In my opinion, Lori needs to stop offering ANY kind of advice.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

Lori needs to stop offering ANY kind of advice

Exactly. Last week on her "Ask me Anything" on IG, all these women were asking her about medical issues, sex, food,  how to dress, education, books, how to clean, childbirth, etc. LIKE SHE is an expert in any of these things. Opinions are just that -- opinions. Does make it right or wrong. 

In other news, it appears Lori misses fighting discussing issues with people. I noticed on a couple of her blog posts, she opened it up to comments again. You know she just loves to argue and be right and I guess the interactions on FB weren't enough or she got tired of her mostly male audience. I wonder how soon until she opens up comments on twitter again. She LOVES being controversial and without people to disagree with I'm sure she feels like something is missing in her life..HA!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

On 11/2/2021 at 5:23 PM, louisa05 said:

I'm trying to figure out how I learned to cook, myself. Obviously my mom (full-time schoolteacher most of my life) couldn't have taught me, and my dad couldn't have because he's a guy, right? And my grandmothers didn't (and one of them couldn't have anyway because she was also a working woman for years). I guess those times when I put dinner in the crock or did the prep work for Mr. NQ before heading to an evening job also didn't happen? And does my current part-time job mean that I can't cook, even though I'm home most days of the week?

Wow, this is so confusing! It's so hard to understand how everyone eats homemade stuff when everyone in my family is either male or a working female!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 5

57 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

In other news, it appears Lori misses fighting discussing issues with people. I noticed on a couple of her blog posts, she opened it up to comments again.

Ha! I commented on one that was open but she didn't approve it so it never appeared. It wasn't mean-spirited or harshly worded or anything. Apparently, she just didn't want to deal with it.

• Upvote 5

Look at this one with her 'doctors bad, slime salad good' nonsense. YOU HAVE A BRAIN TUMOR. Did you not take charge of your health enough? GAWD.

I am still newish to this particular crazy...but is there any real indication that her husband is as invested in this stuff as she is? I know he was in some of her books, but is actually just spinning off into the wilds of Twitter while he absent-mindedly says 'yes honey' repeatedly while trying to choke down slime salad?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

57 minutes ago, Bonkira said:

Look at this one with her 'doctors bad, slime salad good' nonsense. YOU HAVE A BRAIN TUMOR. Did you not take charge of your health enough? GAWD.

I am still newish to this particular crazy...but is there any real indication that her husband is as invested in this stuff as she is? I know he was in some of her books, but is actually just spinning off into the wilds of Twitter while he absent-mindedly says 'yes honey' repeatedly while trying to choke down slime salad?

Sadly, I think Ken believes most of this stuff. He quoted Lori like a parrot when he visited here. 

• Upvote 7

51 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Sadly, I think Ken believes most of this stuff. He quoted Lori like a parrot when he visited here. 

He does, but I don’t think he feels the need to spew his opinions quite as vehemently as Lori does. I firmly believe he’s content to let her play keyboard warrior for hours each day because it keeps her out of his hair.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 8

I'm new to this so forgive me if this has been hashed and re-hashed. Lori seems to have an odd attitude toward sex. I watched one of her videos where she talks about it a lot but she always says 'have sex,' rather than something less clinical like 'make love.' She is an older woman so wouldn't she tend to use the latter rather than the former? As openly as she talks about it, she sure seems uncomfortable with it.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

3 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

Lori seems to have an odd attitude toward sex.

Oh - you don't know the half of it. She doesn't believe maritial rape is a thing, ever.  If a guy wants it, what's the biggie? It's only ten minutes and lube, you know.  Just give it to him, no matter how tired and sick you might be.  He's male!  He will DIE without it. Or at least cheat on you and it will be all your fault.  She is iffy, I think, on oral, but she asked her dad, the doctor, about anal sex and it's a major no-no.  So give men anything they want, anytime, but not that, because Lori and her daddy said so.   

It seems, my opnion, that she equates sex as a transaction. I don't think -again, MO, that Lori is capable of much, if any real love.  She decided to become Transformed into a submissive wife instead of a naggign shrew who didn't even cook him dinner,  when Ken was wanting to leave her.  So now, she shuts her eyes and thinks of England anytime he wants some, which I can't imagine is often.  So women owe men sex because they go out and do the hard job of providing.  Transactional.   That is why she is so clinical about it.  I doubt she enjoys it.  It's just one more chore she needs to check off.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 14
  • Thank You 1

On 11/2/2021 at 5:23 PM, louisa05 said:

Ugh, I am so tired of the pervasive “working moms don’t cook” trope. My SAHD sister-in-law tried to pull that on me, and my teenage son just looked at her, blinked incredulously, and said “My mom cooks dinner 5-6 night per week.” Mind you, said sister-in-law does not cook (she and my in-laws eat takeout 5-6 nights per week), but that irony was lost on her.

• Upvote 12

4 hours ago, SweetLaurel said:

Oh - you don't know the half of it. She doesn't believe maritial rape is a thing, ever.  If a guy wants it, what's the biggie? It's only ten minutes and lube, you know.  Just give it to him, no matter how tired and sick you might be.  He's male!  He will DIE without it. Or at least cheat on you and it will be all your fault.  She is iffy, I think, on oral, but she asked her dad, the doctor, about anal sex and it's a major no-no.  So give men anything they want, anytime, but not that, because Lori and her daddy said so.   

My dear dad is long deceased but I had a great relationship with him and loved to discuss things with him. However, I would rather approach a stranger on the street than discuss anal sex with him. She is seriously warped. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 12

10 hours ago, Hane said:

He does, but I don’t think he feels the need to spew his opinions quite as vehemently as Lori does. I firmly believe he’s content to let her play keyboard warrior for hours each day because it keeps her out of his hair.

this...I think he takes a "hard line" when defending Lori because he doesn't want to get flack, but I think in general he more apathetic to Lori as long as she stays out of his hair.   On her video last week when she was complaining about being in FB jail, she said she complained to Ken and he said something like "you need to be careful about what you post" indicating to me that he really doesn't pay that much attention until she cries to him when she is especially triggered so he can come in and ride in to defend her. 

In past posts he has admitted that he isn't as hardline as Lori but that he supports her being so.  But IMHO, then he's not really being the "leader" in  his house unless "leadership" looks like give me five or ten minutes a day and then go leave me alone. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

17 hours ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

I'm trying to figure out how I learned to cook, myself. Obviously my mom (full-time schoolteacher most of my life) couldn't have taught me, and my dad couldn't have because he's a guy, right? And my grandmothers didn't (and one of them couldn't have anyway because she was also a working woman for years). I guess those times when I put dinner in the crock or did the prep work for Mr. NQ before heading to an evening job also didn't happen? And does my current part-time job mean that I can't cook, even though I'm home most days of the week?

Wow, this is so confusing! It's so hard to understand how everyone eats homemade stuff when everyone in my family is either male or a working female!

What if you were a woman working as a cook? Lori's mind might implode trying to figure that one out.

9 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

I'm new to this so forgive me if this has been hashed and re-hashed. Lori seems to have an odd attitude toward sex. I watched one of her videos where she talks about it a lot but she always says 'have sex,' rather than something less clinical like 'make love.' She is an older woman so wouldn't she tend to use the latter rather than the former? As openly as she talks about it, she sure seems uncomfortable with it.

Lori is not a normal human, with normal human feelings. Life is transactional with her.

She married Ken because he checked off boxes on her list of husband requirements, not because she loved him. She trades sex ("10 minutes and some lube") for his money. She says she eventually learned to love him, and learned to love her children. I think she learned how to say the right words at the right times to pretend to love them.

Lori goes on about being "discreet and modest" but then talks incessantly about sex. She also has an obvious fixation with other women's boobs and butts. Make of that what you will.

I personally think Lori likely has a personality disorder of some kind that make her unable to have emotions the same way other people do. I also think she's seriously repressed, and if she wasn't restrained by religion and need for money because she's lazy, she'd probably be kinky and/or not totally straight. But I also think we are lucky she is both a woman and lazy, and takes being a woman as an excuse to pretend to be weak and dainty - because I think she's a psychopath. (I'm not qualified to diagnose anyone of anything, I just think if she was male and not a lazy ass she'd be dangerous. More dangerous, anyway, messing up lives other than just with her words.)

Don't forget this is a woman who tried to kick her cat so hard she injured her foot when she hit the wall instead. This is a woman who chased her kids around the house trying to hit them with her slipper and then locked them out of the house on Christmas morning, and considers this a fond holiday memory. This is a woman who spouts on about feeding your family "nourishing" food, while her husband was cooking his own meals that the children were begging for servings of, because Lori made salads. Just salads. 

There is something deeply wrong with Lori, and it's not the brain tumor, IMO.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 11
  • Thank You 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic