IGNORED

Lori Alexander 80: So Warm and Inviting

1 hour ago, Cults-r-us said:

The Bidens seem like warm, decent, normal people.

A good friend of mine grew up w/Jill Biden. They're still in touch. From what I have been told, they are both kind and generous people. The President has a very soft heart and will tear up at almost anything. Their family is the #1 priority in their lives and their faith is a huge part also. 

So...where the hell does Lazy Lori is a Monster get off calling our president a tyrant? Turn off the fucking Faux news and OANN and whatever else. I swear to God I'm living Nineteen Eighty Four where truth is untruth and real is false and Oceana has always been at war with Eurasia (or whatever the hell it was). 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

On 3/13/2022 at 9:20 PM, Cults-r-us said:

Lori does not have normal attachments to other people. She would not have trouble shit-canning anybody in her circle (except Ken, her ATM machine) because she doesn't have the bond other mothers have with their kids. She has no capacity to unselfishly love anyone. It's like a birth defect. She is socially impaired.

She’s a psychopath. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

To be fair though, Facebook is absolutely crazy with it's banning thing. I got thrown in jail for using the word "bogan" in a comment to a fellow NZer in a writing group. Apparently, it's derogatory. I don't know a single NZer or Aussie who thinks it's derogatory, and nobody from outside these two countries even seems to have heard of the word before, but there you go. FB knows best.

• Upvote 3

On 3/18/2022 at 11:47 PM, KDA said:

To be fair though, Facebook is absolutely crazy with it's banning thing. I got thrown in jail for using the word "bogan" in a comment to a fellow NZer

Agreed. I’ve had friends who got put in FB jail for similar type things. It wasn’t hate speech or threats or any thing. If Lori were smart she’d realize it’s just a FB thing now.  But she ACTUALLY posts awful things.  As much as she hates being banned she equally LOVES claiming persecution.  

and I agree with poster who said Ken must  be frustrated. He has equally bad opinions but he’s at least pragmatic in understanding posting things  on public forums can be risky.  He sometimes pops in on her posts to show how they are trying to be “reasonable” or to explain how her harsh positions/pronouncements are just because she loves women and wants to help. I’m sure he’s regularly frustrated with Lori 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

Another YES to FB and its crazy bannination practices. Many people have gotten their hands slapped after implying that heterosexual white men can sometimes show problematic behaviors.

• Upvote 5

If Lori is FB banned for 30 days, how is she posting from @godlywomanhood and a re-post today of one of her old doodles?

Doodles that  - oh look requested by women (not) - she's turning into a book.

***This was from one of the handwritten posts that I used to make. I am making a book with all of them as requested by women! "Daily Wisdom For Biblical Womanhood"

• Upvote 1

She must have been successful in her appeal and is no longer banned on FB.  She also took down her blog post explaining her banning. Funny thing is, in that post she talked how she was too busy anyway and was taking care of her grandchildren and being a godly wife that it was ALMOST a blessing to not be able to post on FB...she was going to be sooo productive doing this that and the other thing/

But like Emily Latella character from the old SNL.....NEVER MIND. Lori was just kidding. Back to rapid firing posting on all platforms. 

• Upvote 10

13 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

She must have been successful in her appeal and is no longer banned on FB.  She also took down her blog post explaining her banning. Funny thing is, in that post she talked how she was too busy anyway and was taking care of traumatizing her grandchildren and being a godly wife bitchy harridan that it was ALMOST a blessing to not be able to post on FB...she was going to be sooo productive doing this that and the other thing lazy, unbearable to be around, and awful to everyone around her.

Fixed that for ya!

I could see that book being requested by "a woman" maybe. She does have some brainwashed leghumpers. I don't understand why. She's just so obviously a massive liar and hypocrite, and so horribly mean! Why would anyone look to her for any sort of "wisdom"?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

Maybe some of her supporters are just as mean as Lori but are afraid to post publicly. They admire her because she says the vile things out loud they won’t.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 12

3 hours ago, Botkinetti said:

Maybe some of her supporters are just as mean as Lori but are afraid to post publicly. They admire her because she says the vile things out loud they won’t.

Sounds like supporters of a certain reality show dude turned politician...

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

Listen up, women: do NOT communicate with your husband. Absolutely not! It’s not biblical. Shut up and submit! 

Spoiler

32EA02B0-47F3-4C7D-899C-DCD2EE422BB1.jpeg.01866649afbb41f7383f2085befaa07f.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 4
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Haha 1

I took a break for a while and I come back to find that Lori has nothing new to say. Can’t say I’m surprised. I wonder if Lori can’t talk about anything else because that’s too close to preaching? I can see some of her male subscribers as being like “ohhhh you talked about being a kind person! You’re preaching!!!” Because that’s how rigid they are. But I think that’s being too generous to her. 

Also seriously messing with someone’s birth control?? Fuck that if I found out that happened to me I’d probably take my baby and run. There is no way I would let that woman even look at my child let alone have any sort of relationship with him. TBH I wouldn’t be surprised if the husband pestered her until she had sex with him. Just seems like the vibe this family has. 

• Upvote 7

On 3/26/2022 at 3:31 PM, louisa05 said:

Listen up, women: do NOT communicate with your husband. Absolutely not! It’s not biblical. Shut up and submit! 

She doubles down on this in yesterdays YOUTUBES video. There is so much wrong in her thinking. Lori — not being the sharpest tool on the shed— confuses “talking” for communicating.  She uses her parents marriage (by all accounts a horrible marriage by Lori’s own admission) As an example of how marriage can “last” even when it’s horrible. So see? You don’t need to communicate.  And she gives her dad a pass for not communicating because he was an only child. What?  I’ve known lots of only children who communicate just fine. Maybe he was just a jerk. Or maybe he didn’t like being used as a paycheck (didn’t Lori say they often fought about money?)

The whole argument is stupid .  No Lori —complaining and griping is also not “communicating “. You obviously never learned to communicate.  Only whine,complain, and pout. That also is not communicating. 

young women, don’t listen to her. This is wrong thinking 

PS-  Lori looks really unwell 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

On 3/28/2022 at 7:34 PM, SongRed7 said:

And she gives her dad a pass for not communicating because he was an only child. What?  I’ve known lots of only children who communicate just fine.

Only here and I evidently have no problem communicating.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Plus her Dad gets a pass because he's a man.  Men don't have to communicate, They just have to work 1-3 jobs to support their families. Women just have to shut up and do what they're. told.  Remember in Lori's world women communicating (i.e. talking) is nagging. So shut up and submit.

Hasn't Lori always said the major contention between her parents was that Dad was never home because he was always at work?  It must have been his choice to absent himself as being a pathologist he made good money and didn't need to work a 2nd job.

I've never believed her parents were madly in love at the end after 50 years of an unhappy arguing marriage.  I think ennui set in and they couldn't be bothered. If they weren't arguing Lori believed her mom was submitting and silent as a godly wife should.  Rather than mom had just given up after 50+ years, and they didn't talk at all.

My ILs quit talking to each other -- except for the most superficial utterances -- for about 20 years before my FIL passed.  My MIL ignored him 99.99% of the time. My FiL was seriously weird, also a jerk. My MIL is a mean, passive-aggressive, nit-picking beyotch..

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Hasn't Lori always said the major contention between her parents was that Dad was never home because he was always at work?  It must have been his choice to absent himself as being a pathologist he made good money and didn't need to work a 2nd job.

Plus she has often said they fought about money. Her mother liked to spend. so even though they were most likely upper middle class, Lori's doesn't make her mother sound like a frugal Godly wife.  In reality, she probably LOVED being doctor's wife the perks (money) that came with it. 

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I've never believed her parents were madly in love at the end after 50 years of an unhappy arguing marriage.  I think ennui set in and they couldn't be bothered. If they weren't arguing Lori believed her mom was submitting and silent as a godly wife should.  Rather than mom had just given up after 50+ years, and they didn't talk at all.

agreed.  You don't get a prize for 40-50 years if you were miserable for most of it.  Lori doesn't get that longevity in and of itself isn't a worthy goal. One would hope there would be the some happiness. But it's same with her view on sex. It doesn't have to be good (for the woman) you just have to do it a lot (on demand)..It's always quantity over quality with her. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

LazyLori made an interesting comment on Twitter this morning, which led to several people disagreeing with her and also the posting of a link to an article I’d never seen before, although it is ten years old. 

https://www.challies.com/book-reviews/created-to-be-his-help-meet/

A comment in the article states that Debi Pearl lacks grace. Well, of course she does.  That’s what most attracts LazyLori to her teachings.

71C5FFF6-E562-4058-AD78-1223912DB6F3.png

4367400C-111A-4522-B3CA-856E53EFE623.png

48D2A553-36FC-4679-9E4C-775B4BA6A9CD.png

Edited by HoneyBunny
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

The long and happy marriages thing. Recently, my Aunty and Uncle came for a visit after not seeing them for a number of years. They're both in their 80s now, and much older, frailer, and smaller than what I remember. But the most inspiring thing about them is the love they have for each other. They've been together for more than 60 years and their love for each other is evident. They're best friends. They truly enjoy each other's company. It's so awesome :)  Neither of them are religious (basic Christian beliefs but nothing more - no regular church or anything) and neither of them practice Lori's bullshit (obviously - because they're normal people). But theirs is one of the happiest marriages I know, and they've done it without being preached to by wombles, or the woman lying down and "submitting". They've done it with mutual respect, patience, and endless love. They are the sort of people who should be giving marriage advice - but they're both too humble to do so. Lori's "marriage advice" makes me sick. If I had stayed with my husband as she encouraged me to do, I'd likely be dead by now.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 13

Lazy Lori is a deeply miserable woman. For some reason she is unable to give or receive love. She had to "learn" to love her husband and children (which screams problems). She married Ken because he showed interest in her and she figured that being married meant she could avoid unpleasant things like working. 

I'd rather take relationship advice from my boy-kitty than Lazy Lori. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

On 3/29/2022 at 10:34 PM, feministxtian said:

Only here and I evidently have no problem communicating.

Off-topic here but as a teacher I got SO sick of people making generalizations about only children. If a kid had problems and was an only child, that was the cause. If a kid had problems and wasn't an only child, the subject of siblings was dropped. If an only kid was a great kid, nobody commented on the fact that they were an only. Argh!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, ManyGoats said:

Off-topic here but as a teacher I got SO sick of people making generalizations about only children. If a kid had problems and was an only child, that was the cause. If a kid had problems and wasn't an only child, the subject of siblings was dropped. If an only kid was a great kid, nobody commented on the fact that they were an only. Argh!

Yeah, blame everything on the lack of siblings. If they're intelligent, its because the parents had the time to devote to the little one. If they act like spoiled brats, the parents didn't discipline them. My youngest went through an "entitlement' phase. I was repeatedly asked if he was an over-indulged only. No, he was just being an asshole. 

Us onlies are all over the map. Spoiled, not spoiled, bratty, not bratty, intelligent, not so much. I have a couple of onlies in my class and honestly, I don't care. One can be kind of a brat, entitled, tries to avoid work. The other is acing my class. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

I'm another person who would be dead by now if I had listened to Lori's "marriage advice" because my ex-husband was abusive. He certainly would have killed me if I had stayed as the abuse was starting to become physical before I left.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 5
  • Love 8

Boy, Lori's really scraping the bottom of the barrel for people to condemn and rant about. Her latest blog post serves to blast a book written in 1870 by a woman who died in 1911.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, ManyGoats said:

Boy, Lori's really scraping the bottom of the barrel for people to condemn and rant about. Her latest blog post serves to blast a book written in 1870 by a woman who died in 1911.

OMG!  What's the book and what's Lori complaining about?

And btw, I thought the "old days" were perfect?  How could a book Lori objected to be written in 1870??  Everything was great then!

• Upvote 7

9 minutes ago, kpmom said:

And btw, I thought the "old days" were perfect?  How could a book Lori objected to be written in 1870??  Everything was great then!

I know, right? It must be because it was written by a woman, and didn't consist solely of recipes and ettiquette rules, I would guess. 

Though frankly Lori could do with reading some old-fashioned books about manners. Gracious and polite she is NOT. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic