IGNORED

Lori Alexander 80: So Warm and Inviting

4 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

LazyLori didn't learn a darn thing in high school or college because I’m convinced that LazyLori is dumb as a fence post and equally unteachable.

She has fully admitted that she learned nothing in college, which says leaps and bounds more about Lori than it does about higher education.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, hollyfeller said:

She has fully admitted that she learned nothing in college, which says leaps and bounds more about Lori than it does about higher education.

She didn't learn shit in the preceding 12 years either. "Sunami"??? 

Hey Lori...chew on this...heathen widow who both goes to school AND teaches school. 3 kids, 2 with degrees, one who is still finding himself. 3 adorable grandchildren, and that's the end of that story...no more grands for me. Oh, and my kids are more honest and open with me, even now as 30-something adults, than yours would ever be. Know why? They're not blog or bullshit subject matter. Oh, and this grandma does NOT cook or bake. I have a housekeeper too! Yeah, my lazy ass would rather have time for my life and being available to babysit and spoil the younger generation than clean the fucking house. 

Oh yeah...I also draw "welfare" (VA benefits) AND a paycheck from teaching. However, ain't nobody stepped up to pay my bills OR even buy me fucking groceries. It's ALL on me and I kinda like it that way. 

Edited by feministxtian
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 2

Despite knowing better, I watch Lori's latest YOUTUBES on how /why you should stick with your husband and try to win him back "without a word" if he cheats and not divorce him.

Full disclaimer, I've known couples who have successfully reconciled following an affair (by either the husband or wife). I'm not against that if people can work that out.  I give them credit.  but in a lot of cases that doesn't work out. 

However, the advice (like most) that Lori is giving and the language she uses is horrible.  She says that to win a husband back one should be kind to him. Don't nag him about affair, don't speak unkindly about him to others, be  happy to see him, make  his favorite foods. She describes one woman who washed her husband's car prior to him going out to meet the other woman. Lori says you should be cheerful about it.   No negative words for the man, even though  he committed adultery. However, in several places she refers to the woman the husband has the affair with as "a whore." She does it in two places.  Why such hard words for the woman but NOT the man? He is equally to blame. Why does he get his car washed, nice meals, kindness and careful effort NOT to ruin his reputation?   Would Lori advise husbands in a similar situation (I know, I know...She doesn't teach MEN) to win his wife back with kindness, treating her nicely, washing her car, etc?    No...she would be a WHORE.

Stop with the double standard, Lori.  And BTW...she ASSUMES most men who have an affair want to stay married. That might be true for some, but not all. A lot want out of their marriage.  The same goes for women.  It's not all so nice and neat, Lori.  

AND she says children will admire their mother for sticking with the wayward husband. Maybe that is true for some cases, but then she recounts a story of a woman in the chat room who put up with being treated badly for 10 years (including the affairs).  I don't know, but I know A LOT of kids who were glad to see their mother's stand up for themselves and NOT put up with that kind of behavior.  I would think some children would find it hard to watch their mother seemingly "grovel" and put up with years and years and years of abuse, neglect, ill treatment, unfaithfulness, etc)...

It's not a simple solution that always ends in a  happy ending, Lori. And you pretty much infer that if they have enough faith and perseverance, it will all work out. And it often does not. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

Despite knowing better, I watch Lori's latest YOUTUBES on how /why you should stick with your husband and try to win him back "without a word" if he cheats and not divorce him.

Full disclaimer, I've known couples who have successfully reconciled following an affair (by either the husband or wife). I'm not against that if people can work that out.  I give them credit.  but in a lot of cases that doesn't work out. 

However, the advice (like most) that Lori is giving and the language she uses is horrible.  She says that to win a husband back one should be kind to him. Don't nag him about affair, don't speak unkindly about him to others, be  happy to see him, make  his favorite foods. She describes one woman who washed her husband's car prior to him going out to meet the other woman. Lori says you should be cheerful about it.   No negative words for the man, even though  he committed adultery. However, in several places she refers to the woman the husband has the affair with as "a whore." She does it in two places.  Why such hard words for the woman but NOT the man? He is equally to blame. Why does he get his car washed, nice meals, kindness and careful effort NOT to ruin his reputation?   Would Lori advise husbands in a similar situation (I know, I know...She doesn't teach MEN) to win his wife back with kindness, treating her nicely, washing her car, etc?    No...she would be a WHORE.

Stop with the double standard, Lori.  And BTW...she ASSUMES most men who have an affair want to stay married. That might be true for some, but not all. A lot want out of their marriage.  The same goes for women.  It's not all so nice and neat, Lori.  

AND she says children will admire their mother for sticking with the wayward husband. Maybe that is true for some cases, but then she recounts a story of a woman in the chat room who put up with being treated badly for 10 years (including the affairs).  I don't know, but I know A LOT of kids who were glad to see their mother's stand up for themselves and NOT put up with that kind of behavior.  I would think some children would find it hard to watch their mother seemingly "grovel" and put up with years and years and years of abuse, neglect, ill treatment, unfaithfulness, etc)...

It's not a simple solution that always ends in a  happy ending, Lori. And you pretty much infer that if they have enough faith and perseverance, it will all work out. And it often does not. 

My ex-husband got upset with me when I wasn't acting "lovingly" towards him in the wake of his affair.  The cherry on top was that at the time we were waiting to find out if his mistress was pregnant.  Eff you, Loti.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 3
  • Love 7

It’s so weird how often I see men in the counseling realm just want their wives/ partners to get over the affair. Often the men are putting in very little effort and are angered when the past is brought up. The hurt partner is left to do the emotional work of keeping the family together. It makes me sad the amount of women I have to encourage to expect better from their partners. Of course I’ve seen woman take little responsibility as well but it’s usually he opposite. 

But seriously Lori is miss “how dare you forget potatoes in the soup” do we really think she’d let an affair go let alone wash a car before her husband met with his mistress? Noooo she’d write a passive aggressive blog post about it. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9

@Sarah92, Lori would never kick Ken to the curb if he cheated. He’s her meal ticket, after all—and she’d feel morally obligated to stay married and prove her superiority to all those lowlife divorced women. (My personal attitude about infidelity:  Bud, if you have the compelling need to dip your wick elsewhere, there’s the door—she’s welcome to you.)

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

On 1/17/2022 at 7:51 AM, SongRed7 said:

What does Lori say about a wife who cheats? Is SHE a whore? Should her husband be kind, happy, and try to win her back? 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

I literally laughed out loud at this statement from her blog post where she offers advice to young women whose parents want them to go college even if they don't want to: (bolding, emphasis mine)

"I will suggest they try to compromise. Maybe attend a community college close to home and go to classes that won’t have godless, humanistic teachings in them such as higher math classes."

I don't remember ANY of my college professors teaching "godless humanistic teachings" but particular NOT any MATH classes??? I could think possibly of some classes where students/professors get into discussions about different philosophical  subjects/religion/etc...however, MATH CLASSES??!!   I may be old (57) but in my book MATH was pretty straight forward.  1+1=2.  Square roots, determining angles, equations.   How are MATH teachers teaching godless, humanistic teachings?

I'm just laughing and scratching my head today on that one.  Apparently SHE NEVER DID learn ANYTHING in school. She wasn't kidding. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

7 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

"I will suggest they try to compromise. Maybe attend a community college close to home and go to classes that won’t have godless, humanistic teachings in them such as higher math classes."

Ummm, say what? Beyond making my brain hurt, I don't remember any "indoctrination" in math. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

34 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

I literally laughed out loud at this statement from her blog post where she offers advice to young women whose parents want them to go college even if they don't want to: (bolding, emphasis mine)

I don't remember ANY of my college professors teaching "godless humanistic teachings" but particular NOT any MATH classes??? I could think possibly of some classes where students/professors get into discussions about different philosophical  subjects/religion/etc...however, MATH CLASSES??!!   I may be old (57) but in my book MATH was pretty straight forward.  1+1=2.  Square roots, determining angles, equations.   How are MATH teachers teaching godless, humanistic teachings?

I'm just laughing and scratching my head today on that one.  Apparently SHE NEVER DID learn ANYTHING in school. She wasn't kidding. 

My interpretation is that she encourages higher math classes because they AREN’T humanistic.  OMG I’m fluent in "Lori". 🤦🏻‍♀️😳

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

This lady who advises women keep their heads down, serve their husbands, beat their children and avoid learning about current events is tots ok with knowing about the chem trail conspiracy. But don’t worry about it y’all.  The Lord’s got your back. 

Lazy Lori is right about one thing. She really is easily deceived. Unfortunately, she projects that to assume all women are. And I really don’t understand why all these “Christians” fall for this shit. Don’t they realize it diminishes everything they say about Christianity to non-believers?  I mean, I’m a Christian, and all I can think of when I read her shit is “Bitch, you’ll believe ANYTHING”.

2F8A626A-A912-49D2-A812-0BDB62FD08D9.png

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • I Agree 1

I love that chem trail bullshit. Let's think realistically here. Jet exhaust is HOT. 40,000 feet is COLD. Not to mention why the hell would they put additives in jet fuel when those damn engines cost millions? Goddamn.

5G is a 4G upgrade for faster internet service on cell phones. 

Folks tend to demonize what they don't understand. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

On 1/16/2022 at 10:57 PM, feministxtian said:

Oh yeah...I also draw "welfare" (VA benefits) AND a paycheck from teaching. However, ain't nobody stepped up to pay my bills OR even buy me fucking groceries. It's ALL on me and I kinda like it that way. 

Well.  Don't you just hate God and His Perfect Ways!   If you really loved Him there would be manna and checks from Heaven apparently.   At least that is what she told me before I found my way here after I was widowed 'go to church and glom on to all the available males and run them through your kids' lives because that is what God wants!'    Instead I hated God and His Perfect Ways and worked two jobs.  Bad me!   

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

Well.  Don't you just hate God and His Perfect Ways!   If you really loved Him there would be manna and checks from Heaven apparently.   At least that is what she told me before I found my way here after I was widowed 'go to church and glom on to all the available males and run them through your kids' lives because that is what God wants!'    Instead I hated God and His Perfect Ways and worked two jobs.  Bad me!   

I did that before I was widowed b/c I wouldn't kiss Mr. Xtian's butt and worked full time. Now, I do not want another man. At my age, men are either looking for a trophy or a "nurse with a purse". I am neither. IF God has a man for me, he'll show up. As far as looking? OH HELL NO! 

The manna from heaven is the VA benefits I get because my husband was retired Navy, 100% disabled, service connected and dead. The rest of it I make from working...as a teacher. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

I love that chem trail bullshit. Let's think realistically here. Jet exhaust is HOT. 40,000 feet is COLD. Not to mention why the hell would they put additives in jet fuel when those damn engines cost millions? Goddamn.

I know, right? And even more - airlines count every pound... are they really going to be hauling around chemicals to spray? That'll increase their fuel costs while reducing their revenue costs. Not to mention the costs of the tanks and equipment for the "chemicals", the costs of secretly getting those onto the planes, the costs of the chemical production...

Plus, how would that be kept secret? The pilots have to know the weight of their aircraft, and they'd notice excess takeoff weight or an unusual loss of weight more than normal fuel burn when calculating their landing. They also have to know and be able to report on any hazardous materials on board in case of an emergency. Are they in on the conspiracy? What about the thousands and thousands of people who build the planes, load the planes, maintain the planes, clean the planes, etc? They'd see extra equipment, and there'd have to be checks on the equipment involved. The emergency teams at airports would have to know about it. There'd be FAA regulations on all this extra stuff. The NTSB would be finding evidence of this stuff when planes crash. 

For the chemtrail thing to even begin to be true, like at least a quarter million people worldwide would have to be in on the secret. I think the chances of keeping all those people, some of whom are not well paid, quiet is zero to none. 

Warm air breathed into cold air makes a visible vapor. Same as hot air from a plane engine going into very cold air at altitude. 

Lori is stupid.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

On 1/16/2022 at 8:21 AM, FluffySnowball said:

By pure chance, I stumbled upon an Instagram account of a young woman who loves and glorifies Lori and her message all over her social media: https://440andre.wixsite.com/mysite-2/post/was-john-macarthur-wrong-women-in-the-pulpit

Her name is Solie Osorio and since yesterday, I’ve done some reading about her, discovered her blog (that’s named after her husband, of course, because apparently, everything has to point to her headship) and Twitter (homophobia, racism, and anti feminism galore, and she herself is a woman of color) as well - and it’s heartbreaking, at least to me. Despite Solie’s toxic message, I can’t really bring myself to dislike her, if that makes any sense. Like, I wouldn’t want her as a friend but at the same time, I see her as some sort of victim of the Christian patriarchy movement and/or still very immature (not sure she’s even 22 yet). She doesn’t seem evil to me the way Lori for instance does, just misguided and stuck. And in a very bad environment where it seems normal that you have to get oppressed by your husband. Sure, she wouldn’t call it oppression, but whatever, it is what it is. 

Mind you, Solie seems to be happy and fulfilled so far, but she’s still so young, in a marriage with a domineering man (that’s what she herself even says, but she finds it positive and masculine), and pregnant with his second child. How can she grow and mature? How can she find what makes her happy in life? I shudder at the thought to be married to her husband. Their wedding vows alone are so telling (see link below) and while she promises to give up herself, her dreams, goals, and desires, he vows to work out and stay fit. Like, WTF?! 

Now, her blog looks really pretty, she herself is a beautiful young woman, her Instagram posts are to gush over (at least the photos, not the captions) but I doubt her happiness can last. What woman wants to spend her life being dominated and bossed around by one’s “headship”? And my second question that I ponder since yesterday is, what has made her so accepting of being ruled over? Her wedding vows alone are so sad: https://440andre.wixsite.com/mysite-2/post/our-hand-written-wedding-vows as is her refusal to regard racism as real: https://440andre.wixsite.com/mysite-2/post/7-lessons-for-my-brown-skinned-boy and https://440andre.wixsite.com/mysite-2/post/how-i-became-empowered-as-a-black-women-and-how-you-can-too

ETA: I’ve also added  two screenshots of some of her recent Twitter posts. I find her message so sad and narrow minded and it just shows what a bad influence Lori is. 

Reveal hidden contents

FA302B6E-E2D7-46AA-ACFE-6B86E03A1A57.thumb.jpeg.ac7169673f53eb84457b640376d65096.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

B90C4DEC-BADE-43EA-AFAE-E87225D27DDD.jpeg

Solie and Ofsolie are one of the younger fundies discussed on the Reddit sub r/fundiesnarkuncensored

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

2 hours ago, Fallgirl30 said:

My interpretation is that she encourages higher math classes because they AREN’T humanistic.  OMG I’m fluent in "Lori". 🤦🏻‍♀️😳

Agreed...but once again Lori's "I didn't learn nuthin'" rears it's ugly head.  She should have wrote:

"Maybe attend a community college close to home and go to classes such as higher math classes  that won’t have godless, humanistic teachings in them." 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Agreed...but once again Lori's "I didn't learn nuthin'" rears it's ugly head.  She should have wrote:

"Maybe attend a community college close to home and go to classes such as higher math classes  that won’t have godless, humanistic teachings in them." 

I could see it read both ways - but as it's Lori, I can't see her encouraging higher math to young women. Surely she'd be suggesting they take classes like nutrition, early childhood development, flower arranging... things that prepare them to pump out babies and grovel for their man. 

What is higher math going to do for young women? It doesn't sound like something Lori would suggest. It's too advanced for ladies' brains, and might lead them into interests in manly and possibly godless things like science or engineering. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

For the chemtrail thing to even begin to be true, like at least a quarter million people worldwide would have to be in on the secret. I think the chances of keeping all those people, some of whom are not well paid, quiet is zero to none. 

Kinda like the moon landing hoax that goes around regularly. Over 400K people worked on Apollo. Do you really think they'd all lie? It sincerely bothers me when I think of the stupidity of most of the human race. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

5 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I could see it read both ways - but as it's Lori, I can't see her encouraging higher math to young women. Surely she'd be suggesting they take classes like nutrition, early childhood development, flower arranging... things that prepare them to pump out babies and grovel for their man. 

What is higher math going to do for young women? It doesn't sound like something Lori would suggest. It's too advanced for ladies' brains, and might lead them into interests in manly and possibly godless things like science or engineering. 

I can see her encouraging math as a harmless option for wasting time and money for young women whose parents insist on a college education of some kind. If it's too hard and they drop out: well, that's a good outcome in Lori's eyes.

If they take nutrition, early childhood development, or flower arranging -- they are likely to learn things about nutrition (breaking weight-loss culture myths), early childhood development (they need nurture and positive discipline that avoids a punitive mindset and especially rejects corporal punishment) or flower arranging (a legitimate art form that could lead to a career, or provide contact with the 'arts community' -- heaven forbid).

At least becoming knowledgeable about math doesn't compete with and/or risk breaking through conservatism's myths and pillars. Lori's all for getting them into something she sees as confusing and useless instead. (Besides, she probably sees 'higher math' as anything past eighth grade anyhow.)

• Upvote 3

If I were up to dealing with the blowback, I would tell Lori to tell these young women to quit college, leave their parents' home and start supporting themselves.  It wouldn't be easy but at least they wouldn't be doing something "contrary to God's will."  Maybe "godly older Christian women" with spare bedrooms in their homes could take these young women in until Prince Charming comes along.  I get so tired of the whining. 

• Upvote 1

Lori says “gets rid of toxic things in your home”. Ken locks Lori out of the house because for once this is solid advice. 

Lori: 

:image.jpeg.97794478fb069e4e701ca18ab44573ae.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 17

Lori: Don’t watch movies with sexual content!! Not even Christian ones!!!

Also Lori: Why aren’t pastors preaching about sex every Sunday??? 

I can’t even….

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic