IGNORED

Lori Alexander 80: So Warm and Inviting

On 5/16/2022 at 2:13 PM, Sarah92 said:

I was just talking with a coworker today about purity culture and it’s impact on people being familiar with consent and respect. That combined with the huge amounts of guilt and shame that come with sexuality and gender. Purity culture is a large part on why it’s only now at 29 that I’m getting a grasp on my sexuality. 

I've just started reading The Great Sex Rescue by Sheila Gregoire, and I'm looking forwards to it.  She still comes at it from a Christian viewpoint, but she's directly addressing the harm that has come from purity culture.  I've basically just gotten into the introductory part, but I could see it being a helpful read in understanding the damage from purity culture even for those who no longer consider themselves Christians.  

On 5/17/2022 at 11:42 AM, Alisamer said:

Also, while I'm sure oppression based on race was a definite thing in Biblical times, they wouldn't have called it white supremacy, I wouldn't think.

It's often called "partiality", though that's a broader term that includes other forms of bias like classism.  Definitely was a thing.  The Samaritans and Gentiles were both looked down on by the Jews.  

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

Spoiler

2CEFB236-0CEC-49A5-A3B3-C76CE156CADC.jpeg.2031ad4d00e9575e8fe12985e96f6184.jpeg

Yes, Lori, people in fact are now being dogs and cats. It’s a profession. And a religion. Because, of course. 

Does she even have three functional brain cells left? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 7

Lori has no concept of imagination and how important it is for a child's mental growth and well-being.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

Lori tells us on Twitter today why she married Ken. Bolding is mine. And there you go folks...why you NEED a husband. Forget about that fluffy stuff like love, companionship, friendship, etc. NOPE. It's for opening jars and lifting heavy stuff. And the money.

The Transformed Wife  @godlywomanhood

I have NEVER wanted to be independent of my husband. I need his protection and provision. I needed his help raising our children. I need his help with heavy things, fixing things, and opening jars. I always knew I wanted and needed a good man in my life. God’s ways are so good!

• Disgust 2
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 6

44 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

The Transformed Wife  @godlywomanhood

I have NEVER wanted to be independent of my husband. I need his protection and provision. I needed his help raising our children. I need his help with heavy things, fixing things, and opening jars. I always knew I wanted and needed a good man in my life. God’s ways are so good!

Or, you know, you could learn to fix things yourself, and ask for help on the infrequent occasions you need to move something heavier than you can handle yourself. And what sort of "protection" is he offering? From what? Like Ken isn't going to go hide with Lori if an armed gang came bursting in to steal her fancy butter and einkorn flour. She needed his help raising the children because she spent most of their childhood lazing around on the couch with an ice pack on her head, or taking a nap after shutting them in their rooms, and refused to make them (or him) food they would eat. During times the nanny and housekeeper weren't taking care of things for her, of course. 

So far, while living alone for decades, I have never yet had a jar I couldn't find a way to open, something I couldn't fix myself or find a workaround for - or get help fixing, or a heavy thing I couldn't find a way to move. I have never found myself in the position of needing "protection" of any sort from a man. 

I personally think that it is likely better, cheaper, and certainly far easier, to hire a handyman once or twice a year than to have to live with, feed, clean up after, and have sex with a husband you don't love. 

A penis is not required to operate a wrench, hammer, drill, or screwdriver. There are tricks to opening jars. 

As much as another paycheck would be awesome to have coming in, I'm not willing to prostitute myself by marrying solely for money, much less so I don't have to do simple things like hang a picture on the wall or replace a toilet flush handle by myself. Unlike Lori. 

• Upvote 13

Opening jars. 🙄 My husband wasn't home when I was fixing lunch today. I needed to open a jar of salsa, and it was HARD. It was like they sealed it against possible nuclear blast. Especially because I have a recent shoulder injury and a freshly healed broken wrist. You know what? I kept at it until--gasp! Clutch pearls!--I managed to get it open.

Lori is just lazy and useless.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

When I moved into this apartment, I went and bought myself an assortment of power and hand tools. I've managed to put things together, move things, fix things and generally do what needed to be done. I figured out how to get groceries from my car to my apartment w/o killing myself, and all that other good stuff. There are things I'm going to need help with but those things even Mr. Xtian would have hired someone (he wasn't terribly handy at some things). I wouldn't mind another paycheck but if it involves a man, I'm not into it. Yeah, I miss him like hell, there's still a huge hole in my heart, but damn Lori...those are stupid ass things to want a husband for. How about things like he's hot as hell and has a great ass? Or, he tells you "I love you more than you'll ever know"? On the other side, I adored my husband. He was everything I could possibly want (except rich). Lori will never know that feeling. Yes, even after 20 years I was still madly, wildly, passionately in love with him and he with me. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 4

I'm not sure what opening jars has to do with being godly. 

What would she do if something happened that left Ken unable to do those things? Would he no longer be godly? Would he no longer be a good husband? 

My dad couldn't even cut his own food by the last year of his life. He definitely could not lift anything or open jars or fix stuff. Frankly, he was never good at fixing stuff. Mom was the one who fixed stuff. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 4

12 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

I'm not sure what opening jars has to do with being godly. 

What would she do if something happened that left Ken unable to do those things? Would he no longer be godly? Would he no longer be a good husband? 

My dad couldn't even cut his own food by the last year of his life. He definitely could not lift anything or open jars or fix stuff. Frankly, he was never good at fixing stuff. Mom was the one who fixed stuff. 

To be honest, I am judging on appearances here so I could totally be wrong. But based on Ken's appearance, the things he writes, his profession, etc... I highly doubt he's the super handy type. More than lazy useless Lori, I'm sure, who would probably pretend not to even know which end of the screwdriver is the business end, but I don't see him being Mr. Fixit. I think he's likely the "assembling Ikea furniture" type, not so much the "replacing the leaky faucet and installing a garbage disposal" type. And I think the vast majority of people, no matter what type of genitals they have, can be that sort of handy. 

I personally think that while not everyone will be the DIY type, there's also no reason for anyone to be completely helplessly incompetent, and it does a disservice to children who are raised that way. Even female children. I really think everyone should own at minimum a hammer, a flat and Phillips screwdriver (perhaps two each - one larger, one smaller), and a pair of pliers. Throw in a can of WD-40 and a roll of duct tape, plus whatever little allen wrenches came with your furniture, and you are probably OK for just about any minor problems that occur in a house or apartment on a weekend evening, because that's when things like to break. 

I have a pretty extensive tool collection, probably far more than I need. I don't even know how I got a hacksaw, TBH. But there's one there. I even have an impact driver which is frankly far too much for ikea furniture. My dad is a mechanic and fixit guy and he's made sure all his daughters are well supplied with tools and confident they can use them. 

I don't expect everyone to be crazy equipped or even handy, but even useless Lori should be able to hang a picture on the wall or tighten a loose cabinet pull without having to call in a penis-owner for help.

Then again, this is the woman who had to call her son-in-law for advice when a wildfire was advancing toward her home. I'm not sure how she couldn't figure out "Quickly grab the important papers and the cat and drive AWAY from the smoke", but apparently she couldn't. 

• Upvote 8

8 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

To be honest, I am judging on appearances here so I could totally be wrong. But based on Ken's appearance, the things he writes, his profession, etc... I highly doubt he's the super handy type. More than lazy useless Lori, I'm sure, who would probably pretend not to even know which end of the screwdriver is the business end, but I don't see him being Mr. Fixit. I think he's likely the "assembling Ikea furniture" type, not so much the "replacing the leaky faucet and installing a garbage disposal" type. And I think the vast majority of people, no matter what type of genitals they have, can be that sort of handy. 

I personally think that while not everyone will be the DIY type, there's also no reason for anyone to be completely helplessly incompetent, and it does a disservice to children who are raised that way. Even female children. I really think everyone should own at minimum a hammer, a flat and Phillips screwdriver (perhaps two each - one larger, one smaller), and a pair of pliers. Throw in a can of WD-40 and a roll of duct tape, plus whatever little allen wrenches came with your furniture, and you are probably OK for just about any minor problems that occur in a house or apartment on a weekend evening, because that's when things like to break. 

I have a pretty extensive tool collection, probably far more than I need. I don't even know how I got a hacksaw, TBH. But there's one there. I even have an impact driver which is frankly far too much for ikea furniture. My dad is a mechanic and fixit guy and he's made sure all his daughters are well supplied with tools and confident they can use them. 

I don't expect everyone to be crazy equipped or even handy, but even useless Lori should be able to hang a picture on the wall or tighten a loose cabinet pull without having to call in a penis-owner for help.

Then again, this is the woman who had to call her son-in-law for advice when a wildfire was advancing toward her home. I'm not sure how she couldn't figure out "Quickly grab the important papers and the cat and drive AWAY from the smoke", but apparently she couldn't. 

My dad was fully capable of normal small fixes and had appropriate tools. No disservice was done to him. But he was not someone who could replace a faucet. My mother, before her vision loss, could absolutely do that and many other things. I'm more like dad in that regard. 

• Upvote 6

Or you could be like me, a lesbian, and marry a *woman* who owns her own construction business and is way more handy than most men I know. A lot stronger too!

• Upvote 10
  • Love 5

Lori's blog today is re-writing her Ken story as a wonderful romantic fairy tale of instant attraction and then love.

Does she think no one remembers the numerous times she's written that she married Ken because he checked the boxes of a godly husband? That she never ever felt "in love" with him?  No butterflies for our Lori.

FJ remembers Lori.  Would you like us to post your exact words to remind you?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

33 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Lori's blog today is re-writing her Ken story as a wonderful romantic fairy tale of instant attraction and then love.

Does she think no one remembers the numerous times she's written that she married Ken because he checked the boxes of a godly husband? That she never ever felt "in love" with him?  No butterflies for our Lori.

FJ remembers Lori.  Would you like us to post your exact words to remind you?

I laughed hysterically while reading today's blog post. A lot of her leghumpers HAVE forgotten those numerous times, judging by the comments (on FB, she's closed comments on her blog).

But this commenter makes a really good point about one of Lori's other favorite topics:

Imagine if you hadn't gone to college. This fairy tale would have never been written.

Bazinga. :laughing-rolling: But wait, Lori has an answer for that:

Out of my eight friends who went to college, only two of us found their husbands at college. God doesn’t need us to go to college to find our husbands for us especially the way colleges are today (incredibly expensive and indoctrination centers).

Lori Alexander. Totally missing the point since forever.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Ah yes, she’s had a slight topic shift and has returned to a former favorite:  “what would we DO without the MENZ?”  

She is so damn stupid. I wonder if it hurts to be that stupid. And useless. Really, what can she do other than bake bread, make slimy salads and harass grandkids?  What a boring life. 

Fundies like her (and Jill…remember when Dave went to Africa for two weeks and she compared herself to a military wife?) have no idea how strong women are every day of their lives. I remember when digital cameras first came out. I bought one for a trip but found its greatest use was to take photos of things that broke at the house. I’d take the camera to the hardware store and ask what something was and how to fix it. And they’d tell me and I did. I saw my husband for a few days a year for several years after 9/11 due to his military duty.  Thankfully, I had always been fairly handy but I had to really step it up or the house would have fallen down around me waiting for my husband to return home. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 6

On 6/9/2022 at 12:25 PM, Alisamer said:

There are tricks to opening jars. 

I have two brothers, and they were the jar openers growing up when I got stuck.  

When I moved out, I got a jar opener.  I've jokingly called it my substitute brother many times.  

• Upvote 9

On 5/31/2022 at 3:27 PM, Alisamer said:

"Young men are biologically hardwired to become violent, deadly, or suicidal when they don't have jobs or marriage."

Right! For example this explains why Jesus killed a bunch of people in a crowd and then committed suicide; he was biologically hardwired to... to... wait, that didn't happen.

On 5/31/2022 at 3:27 PM, Alisamer said:

Really? And WHO is it that "biologically hardwired" them that way? Has to be God, right?

Why? Why in the world would God's "perfect plan" include young men committing mass killings if they don't get laid on a regular basis (within marriage, of course)? What sort of God would set things up that way, so that slightly more than half the population (women outnumber men slightly, in many areas) would be subjugated to the rest of them, whether they wanted to be or not? Or else they and their children and random people will become targets of young men full of rage? 

And if things did turn out that way, why not change things?

That's one of the main things that gets me. Fundies are always all "oh, God needs that and God has to have this..." and I am like. He's GOD. Who makes the rules for God? If everyone is God's precious beloved child, then why in the universe would He set it up so the majority of his children burn in eternal agony? None of what they makes sense if you believe God actually is omnipotent. 

Agree 100%. They say these things like it gets him off the hook. He's God; nothing gets him off the hook.

• Upvote 6

Mr Xtian could open jars easier than I could. Mostly because he had bigger hands. BUT...I can open a jar when I have to, I know numerous ways to do it. 

The fundies with "God needs" and all that bullshit worship a weak, narcissistic god who throws temper tantrums if he doesn't get his way (a lot like TFG). In my understanding, God doesn't "need" anything. He is complete in himself. God created stuff to love. I mean, who doesn't squee over a tiny baby kitten? God created us with free will. Free to choose him or not. A forced love is no love at all, it's an automaton. I also believe that although someone may not "believe", those who have lived out the "love one another" thing are not necessarily doomed to oblivion (don't believe in an eternal torture in hell). God is wiser and more merciful and extends more grace than any man can fathom. So...instead of human condemnation, it is up to God to judge. I mean, who the hell are we to judge anything when put against the sovereign of the universe? Can YOU create a universe? NO? then guess what...you ain't God so STFU and let Him do his thing.  Human's job is "love one another", and there's that whole heal the sick, clothe the naked, feed the hungry, take care of the foreigner, visit the prisoners...do that and you're good. (see christofascists for comparison)

• Upvote 2

Honestly, if I thought my God had generically hardwired men to be violent, deadly or suicidal for any reason, I’d sure as hell find a new God. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

On 5/31/2022 at 4:27 PM, Alisamer said:

"Young men are biologically hardwired to become violent, deadly, or suicidal when they don't have jobs or marriage."

Really? And WHO is it that "biologically hardwired" them that way? Has to be God, right?

I swear, it's like they sit around and think, "How can we make this huge problem, that is caused100% by men, the fault of women?"* 

Next up, "Prostate Problems: The Only Cure is Women Staying Home!"

*Almost positive there have been no female mass shooters.  A few serial killers, yes, but I don't think mass shooters.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

• samurai_sarah locked and unlocked this topic
  • samurai_sarah locked this topic