IGNORED

Lori Alexander 80: So Warm and Inviting

6 hours ago, Pammy said:

But this proud and happy woman feels perfectly comfortable saying, 'I've got my good man and my easy life. Screw the rest of you. Nobody cares if you need basic freedoms, civil rights, and dignity on your own legal standing. Just get a man and hope for the best.'

And, praytell, what are you going to do if you have no rights and your man up and dies on you? Then what?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, feministxtian said:

And, praytell, what are you going to do if you have no rights and your man up and dies on you? Then what?

Well, before I was blocked, I mentioned I had to get a second job when mine died because God clearly didn't plan to send me  checka for the mortgage and power bill nor manna to feed my kids.  She told me to go to church and start dating men from there asap.  Yeah, that's what I wanted to do to my tweens, run a bunch of men through their lives right after losing their dad.  Good advice!  

• Upvote 2
  • Love 12

Lori suffers from that typical Republican belief:  if it didn’t happen to me, it didn’t happen.  So many of her (and their) views come down to that. She is incapable of empathy.  I have people in my life like her, who are most concerned that someone might get something for free that they themselves had to work hard for. They also don’t understand that some people struggle to achieve something that they themselves were born or married into. It’s infuriating to me that these people call themselves Christians. 

Today’s early morning Tweet. How is it possible that I have two masters degrees and am neither a lesbian nor a witch?  At least being a witch is an acquired interest; she’ll never understand that God made some women lesbians, regardless of education level.

4F91ADA8-0B0B-440B-BACE-A73741CB7486.png

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 4

Besides everything else Lori is against, apparently this week she is on a rant about coffee, too.  Gawd, that women sucks ALL the joy out of life. She has to over-opinionate on everything under the sun. In her view ONLY Lori has the right view on EVERYTHING.  Food, medicine, faith, marriage, children, books, sex, clothing, songs, TV, EVERYTHING....and she goes on rants trying to prove her views are the only God-approved correct ones. No one is RIGHTER than Lori.  She must be such a drag at family gatherings always.  If she's anything like she is online, she doesn't just make her opinion known, she has to shame everyone for having a different one.  And then she has to pull out some random quotes from some random books or people online that no one has every heard of  to "prove" she is on the right side of the issue.  

Hey Lori....if you don't like coffee...how about don't drink it? I happen to like coffee. And honestly, just recently I realized I was having too much in the early morning. So I cut back to half-caf and the quantity I was drinking. I still enjoy it and always will. LIke anything it's all about moderation.  Why do YOU have to weigh in on everything?? Why??

I'm just sick with her holier-than better-then thou opinions and propping herself up.  She never just posts recipes.  It's always "my healthy chocolate"  "my salad dressing"  "my Eichhorn bread"  "my healthy granola"... 

Some days she just makes me ragey.  (I might have to go have a cup of coffee 🤣)

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

5 hours ago, SweetLaurel said:

Well, before I was blocked, I mentioned I had to get a second job when mine died because God clearly didn't plan to send me  checka for the mortgage and power bill nor manna to feed my kids.  She told me to go to church and start dating men from there asap.  Yeah, that's what I wanted to do to my tweens, run a bunch of men through their lives right after losing their dad.  Good advice!  

I don't have kids at home and I damn sure don't want to date. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

I never had kids(except feline ones), and me neither.  Since I was widowed at 38,  Lori probably would have advised me to get married again posthaste(didn’t she say that was what widows under sixty were supposed to do)?

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I don't have kids at home and I damn sure don't want to date. 

ISee, Lori thinks of males as an ATM - lose your card?  Just replace it with another.  What's love got to do with it? Trama and grief for the kids - snort!  The kids Need a dad!   You loved and are mourning yours?  Who cares - just grab another one and get over your weak female self.  All you need to do is sex and serve and submit to him - well, after you get that ring on it anyway.   

I didn't date for about five years, then just casually.  My kids managed to grow up into productive happy people despite the lack of a male cash diispensing machine in their lives.   After ten years, I finally let them meet the guy I'm dating now - but they are on their own.  

Lorii would not believe how life is in the real world.  She's just in her sheltered little bubble and can't see past the walls.  Oh and doesn't give a crap about anyone but herself and what is best for her.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

TYVM, I have my own ATM card. I have no real desire to have sex with anyone, damn sure ain't gonna serve and submit either. Once again, I had an amazing marriage, even with the downs we experienced. I'm not looking for a replacement, there will never be one. I'm not rich (I'm pretty broke most of the time), but I don't need that to be content. And, my life is currently insanely busy, I do not have time for some soul sucking Y chromosome carrier who wants to get his needs met. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

It’s so hard for me to want to get back into dating. At almost 30 I pretty much do what I want and buy what I want. I’ve been single for a little over a year now and I’ve enjoyed it. I was dating someone for 1.5 years and well it was 1.5 years too long. He was a relatively nice man but for someone 8 years older than me he was very emotionally immature. When I reflected on my relationship I realized how small I made myself. He complimented me once that I recall and it was “you’re cute when you’re angry”. I don’t recall any other times he spoke very encouragingly to me. I would have been miserable if we got married. I would have been the housewife who had to manage everything and that sounds like a nightmare. 
I just wish I was out to my whole family so I could explore all my dating options. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 12

On 2/17/2022 at 7:35 AM, SweetLaurel said:

Lorii would not believe how life is in the real world.  She's just in her sheltered little bubble and can't see past the walls.  Oh and doesn't give a crap about anyone but herself and what is best for her.  

If Lori was out in the real world, she would probably end up being some poor person's boss! She would find a way to be in charge of making other people miserable, her way or out. Or out anyhow, if she disliked your shoes or lipstick or Ken spoke kindly to you. She reminds me of the boss I have, loving to wield power, gaslight and retaliate against employees she doesn't like.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

As has been said before, Lori sees marriage as being entirely transactional. If not Ken, she would have happily married an alternative. I can’t quite get my mind around that. I was determined, in my youth, to not get married. My parent’s marriage was very patriarchal and there was nothing about that arrangement that was attractive to me. And, if I hadn’t met my husband at the relatively young age of 20 and started dating him at 21, I doubt I would be married, because I’ve not found any other man to be that compelling a choice. So why would I, four decades later, think that if something happened to my husband I would run right out and find a replacement? Love doesn’t work like that. Unless you’re Lori. In which case it’s not love. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

On 2/16/2022 at 11:40 AM, Pammy said:

But this proud and happy woman feels perfectly comfortable saying, 'I've got my good man and my easy life. Screw the rest of you. Nobody cares if you need basic freedoms, civil rights, and dignity on your own legal standing. Just get a man and hope for the best.'

I love this comment so much.

I wonder what this woman would think if she ever found herself in my shoes? With her husband's hands around her throat, threatening to kill her? Fishing her cell phone out of the toilet where her husband threw it because she recorded him threatening to kill her? Being slid up the wall by her throat by the very man who had pledged to love and protect her? Being screamed at "I hate you bitch!" by that very same man?

I am glad I live in a country where women have rights, where we can own property and rent houses in our name and have jobs and our own bank accounts, and where there are agencies and resources to support us when we find ourselves in a desperate situation.  I am very glad that I will never, ever have to depend on a man for any kind of security ever again.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 21

I've never been married. I'm not dating, and not interested in dating. If I met someone that would be cool, but he'd have to be pretty awesome for me to want to disrupt my life to include him. Spending time with him would have to be more enjoyable than spending time alone. 

If relationships come up in conversation with younger people, I always tell them "If you're not able to be happy by yourself, you'll never be happy with another person." In my experience the people who always NEED to be in a relationship are never really happy. They are counting on someone else to make them happy and that never really works the way they think it will. Figure yourself out. Take care of yourself. Then adding another person can be a joy, rather than a requirement. If your life is not happier with the other person in it, you might need to look at whether the relationship is worth pursuing.

Lori is simply not happy, ever. She's miserable, enjoys being miserable, and goes out of her way to make everyone she has even the slightest contact with miserable as well. 

She married because she was supposed to, and she figured Ken would be a good cash provider and she could persuade him to let her lie around at home while he paid for a nanny and housekeeper. She's too lazy and miserable and helpless to take care of herself or be happy by herself, so she assumes other people are the same way. 

She's an idiot. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

So is Lori's tweet today about her brain tumor threatening blindness or possible death "if it grows"  just Lori trying to get sympathy by once again retelling how much she's been through/recounting her health issues/suffered, or she again actually dealing with it?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

So is Lori's tweet today about her brain tumor threatening blindness or possible death "if it grows"  just Lori trying to get sympathy by once again retelling how much she's been through/recounting her health issues/suffered, or she again actually dealing with it?

Do we think she'll eschew modern medicine and treat it with essential oils and black salve, or will she contradict herself as usual and go back to the doctors for a cyberknife treatment?

Oh wait. She must have ALREADY gone to the doctors to find out how threatening it is. 

I want to have sympathy for all people but for Lori I just can't. Everytime I see this thread bumped I check to see if she's kicked the bucket yet. 

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

@Alisamer, I gotta admit: I’m generally relieved when there’s nothing new on this thread because Lori is such a judgy, miserable so-and-so.

• Upvote 10

8 hours ago, Alisamer said:

If relationships come up in conversation with younger people, I always tell them "If you're not able to be happy by yourself, you'll never be happy with another person." In my experience the people who always NEED to be in a relationship are never really happy. They are counting on someone else to make them happy and that never really works the way they think it will. Figure yourself out. Take care of yourself. Then adding another person can be a joy, rather than a requirement. If your life is not happier with the other person in it, you might need to look at whether the relationship is worth pursuing.

I've told younger people, including my own children that happiness (contentedness) is an inside job. If you don't already have it, there is no one and nothing that will give it to you. 

Right now, while I'd much rather still be married to Mr. Xtian, I am content in my "new" life. I had another job/career literally fall into my lap and I love it, going back to school also challenges me, and I can watch all the geek/nerd documentaries and bad sci-fi flicks I want to w/o anyone rolling their eyes, heavy sighing, or any other smart-ass bullshit. I also can get some work done w/o being interrupted every 2 minutes. I don't think I have enough spoons to deal with another relationship. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 6

14 hours ago, Hane said:

I gotta admit: I’m generally relieved when there’s nothing new on this thread because Lori is such a judgy, miserable so-and-so.

and honestly she just rehashes the same 5-6 topics over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Nothing new to see but the same old warmed over opinion on modesty, not working, no education for women (nor tattoos for that matter), having a million kids, never saying no to sex, and expensive/dubious health "tips" 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

13 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Right now, while I'd much rather still be married to Mr. Xtian, I am content in my "new" life. I had another job/career literally fall into my lap and I love it, going back to school also challenges me, and I can watch all the geek/nerd documentaries and bad sci-fi flicks I want to w/o anyone rolling their eyes, heavy sighing, or any other smart-ass bullshit. I also can get some work done w/o being interrupted every 2 minutes. I don't think I have enough spoons to deal with another relationship. 

I hear ya, sistah.  I can watch/read/listen to/play whatever I want, when I want.  Plus I no longer have to live every day wondering “Did he take his medicine?” or “Is he going to have a seizure today, and if he does, will I have to call an ambulance, and how are we going to pay for it?”(we had no health insurance).

• Upvote 2
  • Love 9

Second day in a row Lori is tweeting about her brain tumor.  Sounds like she got some bad news. 

The Transformed Wife: God has taught me many things through having a brain tumor. Growing old is a blessing. The stuff of this world doesn’t matter. People do. Living for Christ is my goal. Women slandering/despising me is okay. Truth needs to be taught. God’s ways are perfect. Peace comes from Him.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

If Lori has received bad news I would think that quote was a good explanation as a way of saying she was no longer going to participate in social media and instead spend her time with the people she loves. 
She , of course , still believes that that her time is best spent hating women and tearing them down while puffing herself up and hoping to go viral again.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

In her newest YOUTUBES video she addresses comments she received on her brain tumor posts. A couple of observations:

• She recounts that some comments have seemed to imply she didn't have enough faith and that is why she is suffering from medical issues. She rightly (I can't believe I am saying Lori is right) says that is wrong thinking and seems to argue (in her round about way) that that is spiritual abuse and that's not how God works. EXACTLY...but ironically it is the SAME argument that Lori uses against women who go to college/have jobs...saying "they aren't trusting God will provide."   So does that only work in health situations, but not family finance? Your hypocrisy is showing again, Lori. 
  • She pushes back against "woo" cures (water fasts??) and goes into details about her medical interventions with REAL doctors.   Again, Lori counsels others NOT to trust doctors (except in the cases of "emergencies").  My question: Who gets to decide if its a "real emergency" needing "real medical care." Again, do as I say not as I do. 

So it doesn't sound like she received bad news per se, but perhaps her tumor is such its always going to be a concern.  She also mentions she had blood work and sees her endocrinologist (A REAL DOCTOR I WILL ADD) next week, so she obviously has health issues on her mind that can't be fixed with organic butter or her Einhorn bread.  

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2

If--IF!!--I didn't know any better, I'd say Lori's latest video is quite reasonable for a conservative Christian. I would agree with much of what she said about the woo cures and not having enough faith and all that. She comes across as far less fanatical than usual when it comes to medical issues.

But I DO know better. This is Lori, who says one thing and does another, who tells other women to stay away from doctors except for dire emergencies but oh, she has an appointment next week with her endo doc for routine bloodwork. So, yeah. 🙄

(As much as I dislike her, though, I do not wish ill health upon her or anyone. Well, except Vladimir Putin. 😕)

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

Regarding whether or not she recently received bad news about her brain tumor, I'm inclined to think that she has.  She went two weeks without a new blog entry until today (from 2/15 to 2/28).  Since she LOVES to tell all of us heathen feminists what we are doing wrong, this is a long stretch.  She doesn't even go this long between posts when she is in Door County, and one of the few things that will pry her hands from her phone/laptop is her health.  I realize that she is still using social media and has posted links to old blog entries and retweeted shit, but this is the first new entry in a while.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic