IGNORED

Lori Alexander 80: So Warm and Inviting

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Edit to add as I'm a BEC:  Lori needs to 1) deep condition her hair, 2) stop using cheap dye, 3) buy a hairbrush. 4) rethink her diet. As my grandmother would have said she looks as if she was dragged through a hedge backwards.

You nailed it.   If you look at pictures of Lori's hair five or more years ago, it was somewhat shiny and healthier looking (but still not long and flowing).  The past year or two it looks like she uses a lawmower on her hair and it looks burnt and straggly and an odd shade of brown from too many layers of cheap hair dye. 

Lori actually brags that she cuts and colors her own hair, like its a virtue.   I want to say: NO KIDDING?? like we can't tell.  One of her kids needs to gift he a day at the salon and drag her skinny ass there before its too late and she has no hair left. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

On 4/8/2022 at 10:48 PM, Jackie3 said:

. Why are you buying into Lori's negative view of her mom? You are trashing her mom just like she does. The woman died of cancer a couple of years ago and can't defend herself.

2. Sounds like you really think it's enviable to be a "doctor's wife." Isn't that a rather transactional view of marriage (what a big paycheck a doctor is!) Wouldn't it be better to earn your own money, SongRed,  than to drool over being a doctor's wife? It's the twenty0first century, for goodness sake!

3. Pathologists have a reputation for being very odd. They spend their time examining tissues from tissue biopsies or doing autopsies.  They tend to be loners and odd ducks.

4.  Ken has strongly hinted that his FIL was a very difficult person, someone who'd come around uninvited, all upset about a slight or something. I think it's more likely that Lori's dad was the difficult one, rather than her mom. Can you remember Lori's aunt (Aunt Ginny I think?) commenting onLori's blog? She was very upset about the way Lori was trashing her sister. (Now you are doing the same! And you haven't even met her!)

5. There's no evidence Lori's mom was a spendthrift. If they were short of money, it's mostly likely because they lived in San Diego, a very expensive area of the country.  Pathologists do very well, but they don't earn millions. (Being a "DOCTOR'S WIFE" is not as enviable as you may think!)

@Jackie3Sorry it's taken so long to catch up on the threads and respond....I had some minor medical stuff going on and then the holidays.... I'll respond. I think you misunderstood my post.

1 -I was just reiterating what Lori has said over many years about her mother. I have no opinion of her mother (who died) and anything else was pure speculation. I am not on Team Lori's Dad or Team Lori's Mom or trashing anyone.  I was just making commentary on things Lori has stated. Just opinion, I never said it was fact. 

2 -- I don't "envy"  or aspire to be a doctor's wife. I have worked in healthcare my entire life. I have a very good job and have a decent salary. I have known and worked with HUNDREDS of doctors over 30 years and have gotten to know many of their spouses as well.  They are all lovely people...just normal people living their lives (the good, the bad and in between) I made that statement BECAUSE Lori has stated MANY times that her mother grew up fairly poor with many siblings and Lori has publicly mentioned several times that her mother LOVED TO SPEND MONEY and her parents fought over money frequently.  It was my speculation only that she loved having money and lifestyle she had because of her husband's profession. (Isn't a good percentage of everything on FJ speculation??)

3 -- I think that is a stereotype of pathologists and not necessarily true. I've known many pathologists to be personable, funny and outgoing. They choose that field because they like the science of discovery rather than bedside patient care not because they are oddballs or weird in any way. Same with any other specialty -- there is a wide range of personality types in all of them. So now I think YOU are making assumptions. 😉

4 --Honestly...I don't think any of us actually know the truth in all things Alexander. We know what Lori has said, we know was Ken has said..but we haven't heard from her dad (or her deceased mom RIP) or her sisters and their families so we don't really know, do we? It's all speculation based on small nuggets of perception. 

5 -- Lori has stated MANY times that her mother liked to spend money and it was a frequent topic of their arguing. I'll see if I can find references. Is that true? We don't know, but Lori has stated it several times. I'm not "trashing" her mom, just restating comments.  I have NO OPINION of Lori's mom.  However, to your point about cost of living in San Diego --you are correct it is very expensive. However I'm sure they purchased their house/properties/etc way before the prices skyrocketed. Again, pure speculation, but I have relatives who (until very recently when they sold) lived/had a house in Newport Beach, CA. It was a modest 3 bedroom, one story house which they purchased in the 1950s for a very "normal" modest sum.  They were normal working class people living in a VERY EXPENSIVE community (it wasn't when they first moved there) and when the house sold it was well in the 6 figures. The point being, it's all relative. 

Anyway, have a good day @Jackie3  I just wanted to further explain my earlier comments so they weren't confusing. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 5

Lori has a couple of slides in her FB story about eating disorders. "Most" teenage girls have them, "I sure did!," if you didn't why not? and how can you help your daughters not develop them? Has she ever said before that she had an eating disorder? She's said she and Ken ragged on their daughters about their weight. Why do you think she's concerned now to the point of asking for advice? 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Foursquare said:

Lori has a couple of slides in her FB story about eating disorders. "Most" teenage girls have them, "I sure did!," if you didn't why not? and how can you help your daughters not develop them? Has she ever said before that she had an eating disorder? She's said she and Ken ragged on their daughters about their weight. Why do you think she's concerned now to the point of asking for advice? 

I knew of one classmate who had an ED in high school. The rest of us did the "spring diet" thing...like we'd stop eating junk food in March to look good in June. That was mostly so we'd feel "less guilty" pigging out at the local theme park. My daughter didn't have an ED. She was naturally tiny until she hit abut 35. I mean 5'2", 110 lbs and could out eat her brothers. Now she's not quite as tiny but still not "overweight". Granddaughters, one is uber picky, one will eat anything that's not nailed down and would out-eat her twin older brothers, the 9 year old is a professional snacker and the baby, well...she's a baby. 

Maybe my daughter didn't have issues with food because I never made it an issue. I tended to cook relatively healthy and kept snacks to healthier stuff like fruit but quantity was never an issue, they ate until they were full. Honestly, after a certain age, I didn't even know what she weighed. I do know that in the depths of her addiction she was very unhealthy, but thank God she got clean. My granddaughters have no issues with food that I know of, one is vegan and the other still eats whatever is not nailed down. They're both tall and slender and gorgeous. Not so itty-bitty is a little spitfire with more energy than any 5 other kids. Itty bitty is a one little girl tornado. When she's hungry she'll now scream "EAT" at the top of her lungs until she's been properly satiated. She gravitates towards fruits for snacks, don't get between her and any fruit, she will hurt you (she's bitten her dad). 

Lori's whole life is disordered. I think her biggest issue is that for some reason she hates herself. She can't love naturally, she can't just give up control and go with the flow, she needs that illusion of control to make it through life. I feel sorry for her in many ways, no life, no love, no joy, no happiness, no self-acceptance. 

As I've said before, I'm a chunker. My not-so itty bitty granddaughter calls me "Grandma Squishy". She likes having a "padded" grandma. Grandson says Nona is like a pillow. Itty Bitty has fallen asleep on Grandma's cushioned chest many times. I'm good. But, I also love and am loved, find joy and happiness in my life, accept I am who I am, and never needed to be taught how to find or do any of those things. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

RE: Lori's post that "most" teen age girls have eating disorder. Maybe in Lori's weird world, but the statistics don't bear that out. 

I found a bunch of stats here: https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/statistics-research-eating-disorders from the National Easting Disorders Association and it's not even close to "most"

But again, Lori's opinions on everything are based on her own experiences and tend to color her perception of everyone else. "If I experienced this, this is what it is like for EVERYONE."  (e.g. women must be taught to love their husbands/children because they don't love them naturally because SHE didn't,  you don't need to love OR even like your spouse to marry them BECAUSE SHE DIDN"T, feminists alternately want to be men, get rid of men, think they are better/strong/smarter than men BECAUSE that's LORI's idea of what it means to be a feminist, EVERY girl has an eating disorder BECAUSE SHE and HER DAUGHTERS DID , EVERYONE can be a SAHM if they just pray enough BECAUSE SHE DID, EVERYONE can afford $14 a pound butter and all organic foods because SHE CAN. LEGGING are IMMODEST because SHE THINKS they are.

In Lori's world there is no room for variation.  Maybe Lori and her daughters had eating disorders because they made food an issue. Lori said she was always harping on Ken and his diet early on. They both admit to "taking to their girls" about weight gains.   Eating disorders also aren't always about food and wanting to be thin.  It's often a control issue. If you can't control things in your life it's a way to have control over one thing.  It's very complicated.   Besides sex, Lori and Ken have an unhealthy obsession with weight as well. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Foursquare said:

Is she asking for advice or just fishing for comments she can jump onto and put people down about?

11 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Lori's whole life is disordered. I think her biggest issue is that for some reason she hates herself. She can't love naturally, she can't just give up control and go with the flow, she needs that illusion of control to make it through life. I feel sorry for her in many ways, no life, no love, no joy, no happiness, no self-acceptance. 

2 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

But again, Lori's opinions on everything are based on her own experiences and tend to color her perception of everyone else. "If I experienced this, this is what it is like for EVERYONE."  (e.g. women must be taught to love their husbands/children because they don't love them naturally because SHE didn't,  you don't need to love OR even like your spouse to marry them BECAUSE SHE DIDN"T, feminists alternately want to be men, get rid of men, think they are better/strong/smarter than men BECAUSE that's LORI's idea of what it means to be a feminist, EVERY girl has an eating disorder BECAUSE SHE and HER DAUGHTERS DID , EVERYONE can be a SAHM if they just pray enough BECAUSE SHE DID, EVERYONE can afford $14 a pound butter and all organic foods because SHE CAN. LEGGING are IMMODEST because SHE THINKS they are.

These two posts describe Lori perfectly. She can't see past her own nose, she's so narcissistic she can't imagine anyone experiencing anything differently than her. And she shows lack of emotion and empathy to the point she looks psychopathic. She loves nothing, hates everything, and is only happy with herself when she can knock other people down.

Also 99% of what she says is a lie. I believe Alyssa had an ED, because Lori was her mom and she was in pre-professional ballet, and both those things had to be hella stressful. I believe Lori has/had an ED based on her slime salads and the way she basically refused to feed her kids actual food to the point they begged Ken for the food he had cooked for himself. So I think for once she is being at least partially truthful. Watch out, lighting might strike.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

Oh, and Lori and Ken not only confronted their daughters’ minor weight gains (as little as five pounds), they also addressed it as a “sin issue.”

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 3
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1

On 4/20/2022 at 1:31 PM, SongRed7 said:

.4 --Honestly...I don't think any of us actually know the truth in all things Alexander. We know what Lori has said, we know was Ken has said..but we haven't heard from her dad (or her deceased mom RIP) or her sisters and their families so we don't really know, do we? It's all speculation based on small nuggets of perception. 

I liked and agreed with your response, @SongRed7 , but I just wanted to add that we have heard from at least a couple of Lori's relatives, her mom's sisters.  Years ago, on Lori's other blog, they took Lori to task for trashing her mom, and told Lori she was wrong about the things she was writing about her. 

It was great, and i would have loved to have heard more from them, but I guess the Alexanders figured out how to not publish every comment, 'cause I don't think we ever saw a comment from them again.

And Lori didn't even have the guts to answer them, Ken gave them some answer.  And of course it never stopped her from trashing her mom.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 1

On 4/21/2022 at 6:02 PM, kpmom said:

And of course it never stopped her from trashing her mom.

Oh how I loved that aunt! If I recall, the criticism Lori leveled was against her grandparents not being religious enough/ Christian enough or the right kind of Christian. I think the aunt(s) spoke up many times to correct Lori's portrayal of that household. Was it Aunt Sue, or am I making that up?

Lori will fight to the death to be "right." It's bizarre. It's the same behavior around being swatted on the hiney. How many posts and videos has she issued to reassert her strident and contentious opinion? She HAS to be right, and if a couple does not engage in this exact mating behavior then the wife is not flirtatious or submissive enough. Meanwhile, Lori herself CLEARLY does not submit to Ken in everything. Recently on FB, he wrote to one lady with a valid criticism (about incels posting anti-wife screeds)that he would speak to Lori about it, but Lori might disregard his suggestion/concern.  

Edited by fluffy
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Lori’s Aunt Ginny….I don’t know that woman but I love that woman. She’s what got me banned from the Super Secret Fangurl Club years ago. Lori posted a question: What can I say to my Aunt Ginny who espouses ebil Democratic views?  My suggestion:  “You are right Aunt Ginny.  I am wrong. Thank you for helping me see my wrong thinking”.  

My mouth has gotten me in way more trouble over my life than my actions ever did. 😆

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13

On 4/21/2022 at 11:29 AM, Alisamer said:

Is she asking for advice or just fishing for comments she can jump onto and put people down about?

I didn't get a chance to hop on over the weekend, but I hereby award @Alisamer super extra bonus points for predicting just this. It's gone now, but after Lori posed the question about how to prevent eating disorders and AFTER posting pages of responses on her IG stories (many of the responses were in the vein of  "don't harp on weight too much" and "don't demonize food" and other sensible approaches)  Lori made a long post about how they taught glutton was a sin and made sure their children didn't over eat and watched their weight...essentially disagreeing with most of the people who responded. 

So you are right...she just wanted to show once again how "right" she was and everyone else was wrong. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

I know this is purely anecdotal, so don’t @ me over that part. 

Eating disorders were rampant at the Christian school I taught at. We often found laxatives in the HS girls bathroom. I had a classroom next to it for two years and would often hear vomiting sounds. There was never a single overweight girl in the HS in the entire six years I worked there. Three left school for treatment in that time (confirmed) others “transferred” in odd circumstances and probably were headed to treatment. 

Gluttony was discussed as a sin often. The second principal, a woman, often bragged that good Christian girls like ours were always thin and beautiful. 

It is very possible that this is what Lori sees in her circles. 

A quick Google search turned up one article on Google scholar from the journal Feminist Theology. The abstract notes the lack of research into correlations between religion and eating disorders and cites a prevalence among “young Christian girls” but does not provide data. The complete article is not accessible. 

Edited by louisa05
Typo
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 3

I've probably given this way too much thought and I'm sure it occurred to many of you but Lori is obsessed with women's bottoms/ butts/ fannies/ hineys/ asses/ etc. Whatever word you want to use.  She is fixated. Ob. Sessed.

She regularly let us know she watches women in throng bikinis and gleefully says she wants to paddle their bottoms. She talks regularly about anal sex to her leghumpers. She talked to her father about anal sex. She's in favor of paddling children. We know all about the thick leather strap she used.  She believes in marital discipline i.e., hairbrush on the butt. Recently she proclaimed that all women must submit to being swatted on the butt by their husbands as this is affectionate foreplay to 5 minutes and some lube.  This is a submission/ sin issue ladies, Godly women welcome husband butt smacking - or at least endure it and pretend to like it.

If this is Lori's kink, I don't care, but I also don't want to know about it.  Keep your fetish/ fantasy private Lori. Exercise some of that modesty you're always harping about. Be discreet. 

Oh wait. I forgot. This is Lori. She's all about 'do as I say not as I do'. Discretion and modesty for thee, but not for me.

I have to wonder what Ken thinks of Lori spreading her butt obsession all over the interwebz for his clients to see.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

23 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I've probably given this way too much thought and I'm sure it occurred to many of you but Lori is obsessed with women's bottoms/ butts/ fannies/ hineys/ asses/ etc. Whatever word you want to use.  She is fixated. Ob. Sessed.

Same thing with breasts. When she was younger she admitted to considering breast implants because other women had them and their breasts were "firm" or some other term. She also talks/harps/scolds women for public breast feeding in any form (even being discreet)...like she can't look away from a woman breast feeding.  

Lori is obsessed with women's bodies

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

20 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Same thing with breasts. When she was younger she admitted to considering breast implants because other women had them and their breasts were "firm" or some other term. She also talks/harps/scolds women for public breast feeding in any form (even being discreet)...like she can't look away from a woman breast feeding.  

She also posted once only a year or three ago (time is meaningless at this point) that she could tell when she hugged a woman with breast implants because of how firm their breasts are.

I really think that if Lori didn't have so many issues and religious hangups (and wasn't a likely psychopath) she'd have ended up bi and kinky and enjoyed her life a lot more. I keep thinking at some point she will notice that most women in the religious blogging arena don't frequently (or ever) post about women's butts, thong bikinis, womens breasts, sex, anal sex, and spanking of wives. Very few straight women in any arena post about those things with the frequency LazyLori does.

It's probably why so many incels seem to end up reading some of her stuff. They are obsessed with women's bodies, sex and submission just like she is, and they can't get a date with a woman either. She's basically an older female incel. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

This is one thing I find so weird and especially notice it with Lori and Steven Anderson in particular: the weird focus on an issue that they find sinful but can’t stop going on about.

For Lori, there are all these rules and limitations when it comes to (female) sexuality and pleasure, yet she goes on and on about women’s boobs and butts, anal sex and lube. And for the PP (Steven Anderson), he can’t shut up about the evil gays… what’s wrong with them?

I don’t mean to imply that they’re likely homosexuals themselves cause I simply don’t know. My guess is, however, that the constant suppression of normal human emotions and behaviours and the belief in a cruel, mean, spiteful God leads to the wish to somehow break out from all these rules: hence, people like Lori and Steven develop an unhealthy focus on an issue deemed sinful. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

I think Lori is projecting. She's fighting some feelings that don't fit in her worldview...so instead of changing her worldview, she lives in constant self-loathing. Because of that, she can't break through and be authentic with anyone else and that is one of the reasons she can't love. She married Ken because that's what she was supposed to do, had kids for the same reason. She's been locked in self-loathing and because of that, she is of the opinion that everyone else should be the same way. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, Alisamer said:

She also posted once only a year or three ago (time is meaningless at this point) that she could tell when she hugged a woman with breast implants because of how firm their breasts are.

I really think that if Lori didn't have so many issues and religious hangups (and wasn't a likely psychopath) she'd have ended up bi and kinky and enjoyed her life a lot more. I keep thinking at some point she will notice that most women in the religious blogging arena don't frequently (or ever) post about women's butts, thong bikinis, womens breasts, sex, anal sex, and spanking of wives. Very few straight women in any arena post about those things with the frequency LazyLori does.

It's probably why so many incels seem to end up reading some of her stuff. They are obsessed with women's bodies, sex and submission just like she is, and they can't get a date with a woman either. She's basically an older female incel. 

I ended up with the laughing emoji as the best fit for this post. But really....It's dead on and not entirely funny. I encounter some of the incel crowd in professional life and the ideology is quite frightening, especially when combined with serious mental illness. 

OCD/scrupulosity with the primary focus being sex + anger/hostility at world = nothing good.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Lori is back on boundaries today.  I don’t have boundaries with my husband either, she says she doesn’t.  When questioned about different situations with friends and family, she says her parents have an open door policy, she and Ken have the same.  She’d change her tune very fast if she had addicts in her life or overbearing in laws, etc.  It’s interesting that they have an open door policy and they have been instructed to love everyone (sure you do that Lori 😂) yet would turn their backs on their kids if they weren’t walking in truth.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

That may be because Ken is obsessed with women's bodies. Lori is very jealous.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

16 hours ago, Fallgirl30 said:

Lori is back on boundaries today.

not surprised. There is no issue she won't beat to death to be right.  I followed the first post about boundaries and she found 87 reasons to Sunday why the examples weren't actually "boundaries" but rather "being considerate, being submission to your husband, being "practical" etc.  You can call things anything you want, Lori, but it doesn't make something less than a boundary.  she claims boundaries are bad because they are never mentioned by name in the Bible. Aren't most of the 10 commandants "boundaries"  Thou shalt not kill. Thou shalt not steal, etc...those are all boundaries. 

If we want to play the game of "it's not in the Bible"....let's start with cars...they aren't in the Bible so we shouldn't use them. How about the internet, Lori?  That's not in the Bible either so it must not be godly.   I'm so sick of her using the Bible as a weapon or to argue things that aren't really important or essential to being a Christian.  She likes to say that we are "no longer under the law" since Jesus is the new covenant (which I believe) but then makes a whole bunch of new laws. SMH

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

12 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

That may be because Ken is obsessed with women's bodies. Lori is very jealous.

Lori is just as obsessed with women's bodies, if not more so.

These two are so strange and awful together. Ken seems like he'd be happiest sipping a cocktail on a beach in Cabo or on a yacht with a younger wife. Lori seems like she'd be far happier if she accepted herself as she is. Instead, Lori hates herself, barely tolerates Ken, hates the rest of the universe, and is a bitter shrew. Ken seems to put up with Lori (I'm still convinced this whole "godly submission" thing was likely Lori's last-ditch effort to keep him from dumping her scrawny ass the moment the last child moved out - she managed to convince him living with her was somehow better than hell for eternity - I would personally disagree) and has bought into her drivel completely. They both use "Bible" as an excuse as to why they stay so miserable and awful all the time, and to try and spread their misery to as many people as possible. 

Ken's horrible, and I feel like he'd be a smarmy know-it-all no matter what, and I think Lori is just plain psycho, but I think the two of them together with religion mixed in are much worse than they'd be separately.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

Today, Lori is criticizing people who spend money on skincare, makeup, etc... or, in other words, Mrs. Kettle Alexander highly disapproves of all the Mrs. Christian Pots out there. 

And prior to that, she was on the old trope that schools are for girls who can quietly sit still in chairs for hours and abuse boys who cannot. 

If you haven't been in an elementary school lately...On Friday, I subbed fifth grade. The room has stools, high top tables and chairs, regular height tables and chairs, a small couch, some bean bags, and some mats. Kids can choose where to sit and move when they want to. Tables and chairs have wheels to easily rearrange. During writing time, when they were working on a five senses poem rough draft, there were kids working under the high top tables on the floor, three on the couch, two using bean bags, and four sharing the mats on the floor. One kid was laying on his stomach writing on a clipboard (they are available so kids can work wherever they want). They were talking--sharing their ideas, getting suggestions from each other, freely coming to me for help. This is how most classrooms work now. As a long term sub in high school English last year, I regularly had kids reading or writing on the floor. We didn't have a lot of seating options other than desks, but any teacher is allowed to bring in other options if they want to (in an ideal world, the school would be able to pay for it; unfortunately, that's not the case yet). One Spanish teacher at that school has an area in the back with three love seats and two comfy chairs that kids can use to do homework or work together. 

In short, sitting quietly in desks all day isn't really how anyone is doing school anymore. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

If you haven't been in an elementary school lately...On Friday, I subbed fifth grade. The room has stools, high top tables and chairs, regular height tables and chairs, a small couch, some bean bags, and some mats. Kids can choose where to sit and move when they want to. Tables and chairs have wheels to easily rearrange. During writing time, when they were working on a five senses poem rough draft, there were kids working under the high top tables on the floor, three on the couch, two using bean bags, and four sharing the mats on the floor. One kid was laying on his stomach writing on a clipboard (they are available so kids can work wherever they want). They were talking--sharing their ideas, getting suggestions from each other, freely coming to me for help. This is how most classrooms work now. As a long term sub in high school English last year, I regularly had kids reading or writing on the floor. We didn't have a lot of seating options other than desks, but any teacher is allowed to bring in other options if they want to (in an ideal world, the school would be able to pay for it; unfortunately, that's not the case yet). One Spanish teacher at that school has an area in the back with three love seats and two comfy chairs that kids can use to do homework or work together. 

I know! The people who whine about that definetely haven't been in a school in a long time. Teachers are well aware that young children like to move, both boys and girls. My kids were constantly moving in the classroom, doing hands on projects, swaying to a song in circle time, building something for a play, going to sit outside to work on a writing project with friends. The days of long rows of desks are long gone, Lori, at least in the schools I've seen.

3 hours ago, Alisamer said:

These two are so strange and awful together. Ken seems like he'd be happiest sipping a cocktail on a beach in Cabo or on a yacht with a younger wife.

Really, what younger woman would want Ken? A 65-year old misogynist, not terribly attractive, with reactionary views.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

@Alisamer, *chef’s kiss* to you! That’s Lori and Ken in a nutshell.

Remember her tirade about how much husbands *neeeeeeeed* vacation sex? It gave me a flashback to Ex-Mr.-Hane-#2, who was this way to an appalling degree whenever we traveled out of state to visit his parents. It was either distressingly Freudian or his means of stress relief.

I also recall a time when I was enduring a bout of “hell, I’ll put out just to shut him TF up” sex, and found myself bursting into tears in mid-act because I felt so objectified.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 8

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic