IGNORED

Lori Alexander 80: So Warm and Inviting

Gee, Lori, I dunno—I’d be happy for young women who have fledged from the parental nest and are pursuing education and careers! 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

37 minutes ago, HoneyBunny said:

In what world does this make sense?  Because in this world she comes across as jealous and crazy. 

B1649764-626D-49EB-807E-1AD4ED189C97.png

It IS completely crazy. The parents I know would be so proud of their daughter being on her way to a high paying career, and happy for their kids to find someone to share their life with.

Of course, if you have 1-3 kids (rather than 8-12) and encourage them (the girls, too!) to get a college education, you won’t have eleventy grandchildren by the time you hit 50. But yeah, I wouldn’t call that “all so heartbreaking”.

Just imagine, your Christmas letter reads as follows:

”We are so thankful the twins have not let the difficult circumstances of the past one and a half years (virtual classes, closed libraries, limited social activities) throw them off their goals. Anna just started grad school and is determined to become a lawyer. Katie is in pre-med, she wants to work as a pediatrician once she has finished medical school. We are still getting used to our life as empty-nesters now that Evie has moved in with David, her boyfriend of five years. We loved having her live with us again for a couple of years after college, but now that she has had her job as a software engineer for a while, she felt ready to move out, and we are thrilled for her and David purchasing their first home together!”

Can you imagine writing a Christmas letter like this, and get an “oh my god, I am so sorry for you, this is all so heartbreaking” as a reply?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 13

1 hour ago, GreenBeans said:

Can you imagine writing a Christmas letter like this, and get an “oh my god, I am so sorry for you, this is all so heartbreaking” as a reply?

No, because my friends are normal, but I can imagine the number of Christmas cards LazyLori receives next year will be considerably fewer in number once her views get out. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

I was only able to have one child (divorced when she was a year old; my second husband had been snipped before I met him), and she chose to have just one herself. Conversely, her MIL (who is a friend and a lovely person) has four kids and ten grandkids, all of them lovely themselves. I am very happy for her (and sometimes envious). But do I run around hollering, “Everybody in the world needs to be like Marianne Because God Says So”? No. No, I do not.

• Upvote 4

On 12/5/2021 at 6:12 PM, Jackie3 said:

Ken did indeed say incest was normal.

ken.png

So I'm slowly catching up on this thread, but I can't just pass this by.  This is evil.  

I'm a CSA survivor who doesn't remember what happened.  I've just been dealing with trauma effects that are crippling at times.  It took years to realize that they pointed to a sexual assault of some form (probably when I was 4-5, based on when there was likely opportunity, etc.  There are usually indications of a particular person that can be identified in hindsight, and I also don't have that, so it was likely someone I didn't know).  

At that age, I had no idea what sex was.  I grew up in a very conservative home, with very restrictive media censorship (like, Princess Bride was too far for my parents because of the profanity and the scene where they roll down the hill and they're laying down kissing.)  I had no understanding of that type of thing as either sin on my own part or somebody else's.  I had no sense of it as normal or abnormal.  

And yet here I am with major trauma because of what Ken is trying to claim is normal, and say that if we normalize it kids won't be harmed by it.  

Evil.  

• Upvote 1
  • Love 13

13 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

n what world does this make sense?  Because in this world she comes across as jealous and crazy. 

And she is actually criticizing friends, relatives, and other "good Christian" folks who took the time to send her holiday greetings this year. Nice!  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

I can imagine that next year, she'll complain that nobody sent her Christmas cards. 

Edited by ADoyle90815
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

But Lori will never connect her hateful post to receiving fewer cards. She will continue to blame all the educated, job-having non perpetually pregnant women who refuse to bow to her superior way of life.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

14 hours ago, ADoyle90815 said:

I can imagine that next year, she'll complain that nobody sent her Christmas cards. 

The couple staying with them for a week weren’t caregivers they were friends.  I really was shocked because I don’t picture Lori having any friends.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

On 1/8/2022 at 1:21 PM, Fallgirl30 said:

The couple staying with them for a week weren’t caregivers they were friends.  I really was shocked because I don’t picture Lori having any friends.

really? I'm shocked.... was this discussed in super secret chat room? i would have bet money it was someone to take care of them during their illness...  Interesting. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

really? I'm shocked.... was this discussed in super secret chat room? i would have bet money it was someone to take care of them during their illness...  Interesting. 

She said they were friends and not caregivers. I still don’t think she has many friends.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

On 1/6/2022 at 10:17 PM, HoneyBunny said:

In what world does this make sense?  Because in this world she comes across as jealous and crazy. 

What the hell is wrong with her friends that they write, "Merry Christmas, our children are fornicating!" in their Christmas cards?

• Haha 15
  • I Agree 2

27 minutes ago, Woods Nymph said:

What the hell is wrong with her friends that they write, "Merry Christmas, our children are fornicating!" in their Christmas cards?

Wait - what?? Have I been doiing my cards wrong? Is this not a thing we do??

• Haha 20

She has really been harping on the “women missing out on having grandkids” things lately. The timing of this is interesting, particularly as I had exactly the following text conversation with my mom (Rita, who finally became a great grandmother at the age of 89 in 2020). She is referring to a childhood friend of mine who lived on the same street growing up. 

LazyLori really has encouraged me to live a more grateful life. Every single night I thank God that I don’t have her as my mother  

1ACD57DA-D3DC-4A05-95C0-A3352048DBE7.jpeg

D1567EBA-DDE6-4CD9-93DE-559918D29DC6.jpeg

• Upvote 5

So Lori is referring to women who don't have grandchildren as "Christian" women?  That's pretty shitty even for Lori.  Questioning someone's Christianity because they don't have grandchildren?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

So Lori is referring to women who don't have grandchildren as "Christian" women?  That's pretty shitty even for Lori.  Questioning someone's Christianity because they don't have grandchildren?

I think it's the Christianity of the daughters and daughters-in-law that is to be questioned, since they are the ones who have fallen for the feminist agenda, etc.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

35 minutes ago, Pammy said:

I think it's the Christianity of the daughters and daughters-in-law that is to be questioned, since they are the ones who have fallen for the feminist agenda, etc.

Ah, o.k., that makes a little more sense.  Still shitty, but more sense.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

By pure chance, I stumbled upon an Instagram account of a young woman who loves and glorifies Lori and her message all over her social media: https://440andre.wixsite.com/mysite-2/post/was-john-macarthur-wrong-women-in-the-pulpit

Her name is Solie Osorio and since yesterday, I’ve done some reading about her, discovered her blog (that’s named after her husband, of course, because apparently, everything has to point to her headship) and Twitter (homophobia, racism, and anti feminism galore, and she herself is a woman of color) as well - and it’s heartbreaking, at least to me. Despite Solie’s toxic message, I can’t really bring myself to dislike her, if that makes any sense. Like, I wouldn’t want her as a friend but at the same time, I see her as some sort of victim of the Christian patriarchy movement and/or still very immature (not sure she’s even 22 yet). She doesn’t seem evil to me the way Lori for instance does, just misguided and stuck. And in a very bad environment where it seems normal that you have to get oppressed by your husband. Sure, she wouldn’t call it oppression, but whatever, it is what it is. 

Mind you, Solie seems to be happy and fulfilled so far, but she’s still so young, in a marriage with a domineering man (that’s what she herself even says, but she finds it positive and masculine), and pregnant with his second child. How can she grow and mature? How can she find what makes her happy in life? I shudder at the thought to be married to her husband. Their wedding vows alone are so telling (see link below) and while she promises to give up herself, her dreams, goals, and desires, he vows to work out and stay fit. Like, WTF?! 

Now, her blog looks really pretty, she herself is a beautiful young woman, her Instagram posts are to gush over (at least the photos, not the captions) but I doubt her happiness can last. What woman wants to spend her life being dominated and bossed around by one’s “headship”? And my second question that I ponder since yesterday is, what has made her so accepting of being ruled over? Her wedding vows alone are so sad: https://440andre.wixsite.com/mysite-2/post/our-hand-written-wedding-vows as is her refusal to regard racism as real: https://440andre.wixsite.com/mysite-2/post/7-lessons-for-my-brown-skinned-boy and https://440andre.wixsite.com/mysite-2/post/how-i-became-empowered-as-a-black-women-and-how-you-can-too

ETA: I’ve also added  two screenshots of some of her recent Twitter posts. I find her message so sad and narrow minded and it just shows what a bad influence Lori is. 

Spoiler

FA302B6E-E2D7-46AA-ACFE-6B86E03A1A57.thumb.jpeg.ac7169673f53eb84457b640376d65096.jpeg

Spoiler

B90C4DEC-BADE-43EA-AFAE-E87225D27DDD.jpeg

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 7

@FluffySnowball, these attitudes aren’t uncommon among conservative evangelical women of color. A friend of mine teaches women’s studies at a state college and reports pushback from many of her students who cite “Biblical principles” as their basis for opposition to feminist principles.

• Upvote 1

LazyLori didn't learn a darn thing in high school or college because I’m convinced that LazyLori is dumb as a fence post and equally unteachable. 

A “sunami” warning because of a “volcano erupting way out there somewhere”. I would be embarrassed to even post such ambiguity when the facts are so readily available. 

8CE3B260-EA15-4525-9036-FF495681A152.png

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

LazyLori didn't learn a darn thing in high school or college because I’m convinced that LazyLori is dumb as a fence post and equally unteachable. 

She let's the menfolk do the thinkin' for her.  You know how the mens don't like them thar brainy wimmenz.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

So, some of the Christmas letters Lori is reading talk of fornication?  Dang, none of our Christmas letters are that interesting.

• Haha 10

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic