IGNORED

Maxwell 50: Maxhell Has Frozen Over. Anna and Mary Are Off to College and Sarah Moves Out!

Coconut Flan

3 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I can't imagine doing now the sleep schedule I did then. One year my suitemates and I had a tradition of gathering to watch 10 PM tv reruns (including Soul Train) after finishing studying . My senior year (when I was finally drinking age) my girlfriends and I would go out to a favorite bar at 10:30 PM or so. It wasn't uncommon on Sat and Sunday mornings to sleep till 10:30 or 11 AM. Now neither my bladder nor my stomach will allow that.

One halloween I worked a shift at the Waffle House until 9pm, went out with my friends to a Halloween party dressed as a Waffle House waitress at 10 until 2. Went home to sleep for a few hours, then got up and went to work at 7am to work. I don’t know if I actually changed my clothing for 24hours.

• Upvote 9

Since nursing requires weekend work, I saw 2 AM many times, while having to be at work for a 0645 shift the next morning.  My “adult” friends couldn’t grasp the concept of having to work on a Saturday or Sunday morning.

• Upvote 9

So, anyone think they'll talk about it on the blog? I feel like they'll either ignore it, or post once Anna and Mary graduate. Especially if they do so with honors. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

16 minutes ago, Babysitter said:

So, anyone think they'll talk about it on the blog? I feel like they'll either ignore it, or post once Anna and Mary graduate. Especially if they do so with honors. 

Note posting until they graduate would track with their tradition of not posting about courtships, only weddings!  Besides, if they just post a few pics from the graduation ceremony, all the female students will be in gowns with their knees appropriately covered.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 3

I also wonder about that. Sarah has way backed off of blogging, but they will also have to basically end their Random Life series because the Sunday lunch crew will be TINY now and how many pictures can you post before admitting that the girls aren’t there? They can do holiday posts I guess and just pretend that they haven’t been away. Steve is so weird. 

• Upvote 15

I think there might be a post or two (or maybe if a blog comment asks about their absence) that mentions that A & M are out of town "on a project".

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1

This whole thing makes me so mad. I am thrilled for Anna and Mary but I keep thinking that there are so many women (like Rebecca K!!1!) who are all waiting at home as SAHDs, and frankly they all deserve to know that college is the devil— until it’s not. And that the almighty MaxFam has declared it’s okay now. 

• Upvote 21
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

My father has always been a late person. He will go to bed @ 3am & be up at 10am. When I still lived at home & my mother was still working. If the phone rang before 10 I would run to answer the phone to not wake him. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Babysitter said:

I don't know how 'popular' fundie snark sites are but it would surely be embarrassing if their followers find out from elsewhere than the maxblog?

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 4

Really good news on the Max Blog: Anna Marie is in remission from her cancer. She looks great.

Less good news: Young Joshua has already learned the art of manspreading. Did Steve teach him that?

• Upvote 22
  • Love 11

55 minutes ago, fundiewatch said:

This whole thing makes me so mad. I am thrilled for Anna and Mary but I keep thinking that there are so many women (like Rebecca K!!1!) who are all waiting at home as SAHDs, and frankly they all deserve to know that college is the devil— until it’s not. And that the almighty MaxFam has declared it’s okay now. 

Rebecca K did get her GED but she needed a lot of tutoring in math to get there. I believe she also completed a CNA program but I suspect COVID put the kibosh on that. She was also active in a community theatre group until the pandemic shut that down. All in all, she's had a much richer life than the Max girls.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, church_of_dog said:

I think there might be a post or two (or maybe if a blog comment asks about their absence) that mentions that A & M are out of town "on a project".

or out of town "on a mission"

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

All 6 of those ChrisAnna kids look so much alike. But the 6 NathanMel kids sort of have their own looks. They are very easy to tell apart.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Not only is it mandatory, but so are whatever services are held by the church they attend on Sundays. Which they have to attend wearing a jacket and tie for boys, or a dress/skirt for girls, regardless of whether that is the church's actual dress code.

And the church is asked to report them to the college if they don't attend.

That actually wouldn't be terrible. I wouldn't rule it out at all some scenes set at Extra Godly Bible College (Not Those Other Colleges, None of That) being in her latest series.

Both Anna and Mary were on the president's list in 2020 and 2021 which means they were in the top tier of students at the college (and which also earns them a small scholarship of around $1800 per year). I wouldn't be at all surprised if they have other scholarships as well. 

If they are also working on campus - or maybe if they've saved up some of their income from working for the family businesses - it's possible that it hasn't cost Steve that much money at all. 

"President's List" type scholarships are just a negotiated rate usually! 

I'm really curious a) if they've transferred any unmentioned online college course credit and, most of all, b) WHY this college?C) are they doing the Camping Ministry degree as a new Maxwell-thing? D) Did Sarah buy a car because these two got to take the "2nd" family car to school?

I recall Terri saying people thought textbooks were boring but they did ALL of every assignment. Remember, Mary (iirc) had to do more homeschool.

Edited by IReallyAmHopewell
Left out
  • Upvote 8

1 hour ago, ClareDeLune said:

I don't know how 'popular' fundie snark sites are but it would surely be embarrassing if their followers find out from elsewhere than the maxblog?

Ooh!  Just think how upset Stevie would be if Chelsy mentioned it in passing on her blog! Burn!!!

Edited by church_of_dog
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 7

16 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

Ooh!  Just think how upset Stevie would be if Chelsy mentioned it in passing on her blog! Burn!!!

I would love it so so much

• I Agree 6

Glad to hear Anna is doing well & considered in remission. It was a long road for anyone, but particularly a woman with six young children in a patriarchal lifestyle.

I still love her curly hair & they've already said she's going to grow it out but I would so love to see her keep those shorter curls. They frame her face at this stage so amazingly well. She is a striking woman and uniquely suited to the live she lives & it shows in her face. Combined with those curls, seriously, she could be the poster woman for stay at home fundie homeschooling moms. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

Anna Marie really exudes contentment. She’s mentioned before that she prefers to be home— just about all of the time. She loves that Terri will do the Costco run because she doesn’t care to be out; my brain cannot compute but I’m so glad she feels freedom in Maxhell. And good for Chris for finding a partner at 31 and after a failed courtship. I hope health for all eight of them, and that there are no more of them. The finances are a mystery but they seem to make it regularly back to WA to see her parents, pre-COVID. She’d be a natural to write more for the blog, but I would rather they stop spreading their weird brand anyways. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 6

5 minutes ago, sparkles said:

Hell has frozen over TWICE people! They've talked about Mary and Anna on the blog!

AND SARAH HAS HER OWN HOUSE!

It does look like the blog will be coming to an end. 

OMG, and Rufus Bless. The Maxwell’s have entered 2021, and they have no more kids living in their home (OR NEWSFLASH, otherwise). Yes, Sarah has her own home and has moved out. I wonder what the catalyst was? Good for ALL of them. Clean your own damn ceilings fans!

• Upvote 31
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 9

18 minutes ago, sparkles said:

Hell has frozen over TWICE people! They've talked about Mary and Anna on the blog!

AND SARAH HAS HER OWN HOUSE!

It does look like the blog will be coming to an end. 

Am I mistaken, or is the house Joseph & Alissa's old house?

• Upvote 8
  • Confused 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Maxwell 50: Maxhell Has Frozen Over. Anna and Mary Are Off to College and Sarah Moves Out!
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic