IGNORED

Maxwell 50: Maxhell Has Frozen Over. Anna and Mary Are Off to College and Sarah Moves Out!

Coconut Flan

They say that Anna and Mary went to college at their pastor’s recommendation.  I have to wonder if the leadership/pastor at their new church has gently encouraged some of these changes and moving away from their unhealthy enmeshment.

And maybe Sarah will meet someone at church, which would be amazing for her. We know she wants a husband and family of her own.

What’s next? Arndts getting married?

Edited by sableduck
  • Upvote 42
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

I know this was beginning to be discussed on page 10 and we're now on page 14 of this thread,  but UGA has a chapel on the North Campus.  It's mostly known for the tradition of ringing the chapel bell when the Dawgs win a football game.  It's also where the first streakers shed their clothes in the spring of '74.  

Edited by PennySycamore
  • Upvote 5

I'm so happy for Sarah. We can never truly know, but she seems to like peace and quiet . She must love having her own house, just her and her dog. 

I'm glad Steve acknowledged all the work Sarah has done for his ministry.

• Upvote 39
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, sableduck said:

And maybe Sarah will meet someone at church, which would be amazing for her. We know she wants a husband and family of her own.

I'm not sure she wants that. I know they said she is waiting on the Lord for the right man, but I also know that they didn't want women to move out. Who knows what's real with the Maxwells anymore?

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

I’m very happy for the girls. However I admit I’m annoyed that when interesting things start to happen, the blog is mostly shutting down. I want to see her new house! I want to know what they are doing in college! 

• Upvote 31
  • I Agree 14

7 minutes ago, freejugar said:

I'm so happy for Sarah. We can never truly know, but she seems to like peace and quiet . She must love having her own house, just her and her dog. 

I'm glad Steve acknowledged all the work Sarah has done for his ministry.

Wonder if she gets up for 0500 Bible study? 

• Upvote 7

Cannot find the adequate gif or meme to express my absolutely dumbfounded face. Holy freaking processed cheese on a clearance cracker.

• Upvote 18
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 3

I’m unreservedly delighted that these stunted women have been let go. Damn that took strength I didn’t know Sarah had. Good for her for choosing something else. The smugness with which Steve always said the girls would live there until a spouse magically appeared, work at home, study at home… I am so amazed they had the ability to do it. Steve’s post is more transparent than I expected, TBH. I wonder if they’ll scrub the blog of some of the things he’s turned out to be wrong-ish about. 

• Upvote 30
  • Love 3

I just want to point out this blog post from 3 years ago in which Sarah claims she doesn't want her own house. Even I have some confusion about this change. I did think maybe one or two of the girls would find husbands, but not that a single woman would move out.

• Upvote 18
  • Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Cannot find the adequate gif or meme to express my absolutely dumbfounded face. Holy freaking processed cheese on a clearance cracker.

That's because there just isn't one. Anywhere. I'm as dumbfounded as you are, and I have no way to show it. So frustrating! :laughing-rolling:

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I just want to point out this blog post from 3 years ago in which Sarah claims she doesn't want her own house. Even I have some confusion about this change. I did think maybe one or two of the girls would find husbands, but not that a single woman would move out.

They carefully worded it as the Lord led her to move out and in that original post she said He hadn’t yet.

Honestly I suspect the new church has been more influential than we thought possible.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 12

Honestly, I'm really happy for Sarah.  Thrilled actually.  If she is what she seems like (enjoys peace and quiet), this will be so nice for her.  Of course this is coming from someone who can only stand so much togetherness.  I would have been miserable in such house with so many people all those years and no freaking privacy or autonomy.

That said, I've been following them for probably close to twenty years.  Not seeing updates will be odd.  I will forever be curious how they are doing.  I guess I'll keep checking Chelsy's blog and whatever other social media is out there and see what I can se.  

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 2

Because the blog may no longer be available here are the screenshots of this incredible change of events. And come on Ardnts, you can move on too!!

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210910-181955_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3ee464056df656537f4379e585df8d7b.jpg

Screenshot_20210910-182007_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f38041c463809529abbce600dfe8c9f2.jpg

Screenshot_20210910-182019_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2bbe371e95b8be866460be21495055c2.jpg

Screenshot_20210910-182045_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e6022720fb3eea7501464b02db9102d6.jpg

Adding the words Sarah moved out blog post to my post so we can find it later when we have to find it for some reason. :)

Edited by quiversR4hunting
See "adding" sentence
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 26

Even if they just did a once a month update, I would appreciate it. Because I really would like to see Sarah’s house. I would also like to know if AM’s cancer stays in remission. I would also like to know if Jesse and Anna have a baby this year or next. And I would like to know their plans once the girls graduate. 

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 11

There is a lot of things to be said. My mind is whirling. 

I think a lot was left out of the update. It seems strange that the pastor just "recommended" Anna and Mary go to college. I think possibly something happened (?) that led the Maxwells to seek outside counseling from either a therapist or just this new pastor. They started going to counseling and he recommended that they find interests and establish more independence for these adult daughters.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6

When they all went to the church of Steve, they had no outside influences in that church. But when they went to a new church, I bet they met so many single godly young ladies doing so much with their lives. And it had to make an impact over time. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 1

I wrote the following a couple of days ago.  Not sure why it did not get posted.  When I wanted to comment about Sarah moving out there was my old post. I was pretty sure the pastor has had some influence.  I am glad.

I wanted to jump back on here with a thought now that I am considered credible 😉. I am wondering if the girls experience and friends at their new church may have had something to do with the change.  I know the pastors and quite a few people who go there and it is nothing like the way Steve has raised his family.  The pastor has daughters and they are all educated and strong christian women. I am so happy for M&A and their new chance at life away from the compound. I have not ran into any of the Maxwell tribe for quite a few years.  Last time I did they were painfully awkward and it made me sad for their children. 

• Upvote 28
  • Thank You 6

He said it was the pastor's recommendation to try to give credibility to/pass responsibility for the 180 shift from his own position on college.

Notice he said Sarah has moved into her own home.  Moved not bought. 

I think that whatever happens next for Steve and Teri they have brought on themselves, but I feel sad for Teri who has lost pretty much all her support and has gained a massive house to clean and look after on her own.

The only thing left to make things perfect would be if Teri moved in with Gigi for a while, to reconsider her marriage to Steve.

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 2

2 minutes ago, ClareDeLune said:

He said it was the pastor's recommendation to try to give credibility to/pass responsibility for the 180 shift from his own position on college.

Notice he said Sarah has moved into her own home.  Moved not bought. 

I think that whatever happens next for Steve and Teri they have brought on themselves, but I feel sad for Teri who has lost pretty much all her support and has gained a massive house to clean and look after on her own.

The only thing left to make things perfect would be if Teri moved in with Gigi for a while, to reconsider her marriage to Steve.

Teri might also enjoy the quiet and calm of an empty nest. But it’s not that empty because I’m sure they still do Sunday dinners even if some are missing. And I’m sure the grandkids still come over fairly regularly. The question is, what will Arnold do? I am guessing he might miss Ellie a little. But won’t admit it ;)

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 13

For years the Maxwell's did nothing but blogged on nonetheless. Now, exciting changes are happening and the blog is ending. I'd love to hear how Anna, Mary and Sarah are doing. I'd love to see Sarah's new house. I have questions about how they navigated these changes. I'd like to know how the practice their religion now. So many questions.  I WANT CLOSURE!

• Upvote 29
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 4

Just now, browngrl said:

For years the Maxwell's did nothing but blogged on nonetheless. Now, exciting changes are happening and the blog is ending. I'd love to hear how Anna, Mary and Sarah are doing. I'd love to see Sarah's new house. I have questions about how they navigated these changes. I'd like to know how the practice their religion now. So many questions.  I WANT CLOSURE!

It’s like fundie stay at home daughters that post WAY LESS once they are engaged. They finally have a life to live and no time to blog anymore. I’m glad the Max girls finally have a life to live. 

• Upvote 22

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Maxwell 50: Maxhell Has Frozen Over. Anna and Mary Are Off to College and Sarah Moves Out!
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic