IGNORED

Maxwell 50: Maxhell Has Frozen Over. Anna and Mary Are Off to College and Sarah Moves Out!

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

image.png.33bf038b0319c03c3730eedd54477297.png

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 5

This is enough to get me to post for the first time!

I have two first cousins who attended there a little over a decade ago.  It's conservative but they will be exposed to people with considerably more relaxed standards.  My cousin's, while homeschooled, watched TV, wore pants, and dated.  One went on to be a missionary overseas before she married in the US and one went on to teach in both public and private Christian schools.  Both are conservative but definitely not fundie.

• Upvote 22
  • Thank You 16
  • Love 2

Excellent. Are there males @ this college? Maybe there’s hope for those girls getting out of Maxhell. Sarah has a dog and a car, maybe that’s her choice? 

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 1

I predict that both Anna and Mary will be married by the close of 2022 and that will be the end of college.

• Upvote 18
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 5

People, there are SPORTS teams there. 

Could they have f*n? Everyone knows jesus hates f*n.
  • Upvote 12
  • Haha 21
  • Love 5

What!?!?!?

really?

I’d love to know how this managed to happen. Is Steve loosening up, or is he in cognitive decline and the rest of the fam taking advantage of it?

• Upvote 29
  • Love 1

WHAT!!!

That’s all I can really say - WHAT?!

We’ve come a long way from the wailing and gnashing of teeth when Nathan moved down the street!

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Maybe as A & M get to know the "older student" crowd, they will see people in their 30s and 40s and even older in school, and end up persuading Sarah to go as well?  (especially if they do end up married in fairly short order)

• Upvote 16

I'm....shocked. Don't know what to say. DID NOT see this coming. Wish them well and look forward to hearing about their new experiences. Just...wow😲

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 8

Nothing new to say. As all of you, I'm absolutely shocked.

At that point, I don't care of they are at college to meet a man or to be missionaries or to get a degree or whatever. They are living out of home! They truly needed that.

That has happened for a reason. I bet Maxhell wasn't as content as they pretend. Mary and Anna were depressed or frustrated or just fed up of babysitting and fought for a change in their lives. Teri and Steve can't be happy about the girls at college. I wonder if some brothers have encouraged that change (maybe Joseph, who seems to be a bit more wordly?).

Edited by Melissa1977
Spelling
  • Upvote 36

Honestly, Iʻd given up on the Maxhell threads ages ago, tbh, because NOTHING ever happened. This, however, is a gob-smacker. 

Is Sarah still at home by choice or by Stevehovahʻs decree? What do her brothers think of how their adult sisters have been treated and could any of them have played a role in this latest development? And, above, all, WTF changed in that family? Question galore!

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 5

So of course I had to go check out the photos on the facebook page. There is a picture of a group of guys playing tug of war in the gym with a crowd watching.  If I am seeing right, Anna and Mary are in the crowd, and Mary is wearing shorts!  They are right above the guy on the right, who is wearing a sleeveless gray shirt.  

• Upvote 12
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

What a wild turn of events. Shorts? Boys?? The implicit threat of a non-parental teacher??? In the context of Maxwellian family story developments, this is basically science fiction.  

I'm sitting here, drinking a pumpkin ale, trying to rack my brain to find something that would be comparatively shocking, yet still fall within the realm of possibility. And the only thing I could come up with was "Steve recording a gospel album with Mr. T."

To my pumpkin-addled brain, these events apparently have shock parity. 

• Upvote 21
  • Haha 14
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Maxwell 50: Maxhell Has Frozen Over. Anna and Mary Are Off to College and Sarah Moves Out!
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic