IGNORED

Maxwell 50: Maxhell Has Frozen Over. Anna and Mary Are Off to College and Sarah Moves Out!

Coconut Flan

8 minutes ago, ClareDeLune said:

Agree. I think it's the best ending that could have happened.  I expected it to just peter out and we'd never hear from them again at some point. 

The last few posts make it like the end of a TV drama. Happy birthday Mary! Maddy is Home! Anna Marie is in remission! Everyone has left home! Boom!

I'm so happy that Sarah has her own home at last.

Oh god it is like a series finale! The Maxwell Show had a long run. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 10

I am in total shock that Sarah has moved out. I’m very happy for her though!  I didn’t move out of my parents house till I was 37 & I am now 41. However, if my business had been more profitable years ago I would have moved out then. 

Edited by Jana814
  • Upvote 19

Someone above noted the word “home” and I also wonder if Sarah is in a rented apartment/condo versus a house. I certainly would do the same in her shoes. She never liked home projects and yard work much. 

Edited by fundiewatch
Edited for MUCH needed clarity. It’s quoted below as if I don’t think an apartment is a home and that’s not what I meant at all.
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

Part of me wonders if Sarah finally got married and chose to keep it private. Steve mentioned that several of the children wanted to be private and Sarah has always kept herself somewhat in the background, so it wouldn’t surprise me at all if she was one who just had enough. It really does seem like the reversals all chose to step back once they were married, which makes me think they were over it as well long before they were on their own. If Sarah did get married, good for her. If she didn’t and she moved out as a single woman, good for her as well. In fact, even better.

I’ll be that Anna and Mary probably had a lot to say to their pastor and a lot of unhappiness and frustration came pouring out. I just can’t see how a mere recommendation would have held that much weight without something to back it up. If the pastor was a sympathetic ear, which seems to be the case, Anna and Mary probably felt safe having him as their advocate to be the one to hit Steve with some hard truths. It had to have been a major blow to Steve’s ego since what the girls have done goes against everything he’s been preaching for the past 20+ years. 

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 3

1 minute ago, fundiewatch said:

Someone above noted the word “home” and I also wonder if Sarah is in a rented apartment versus a home. I certainly would do the same in her shoes. She never liked home projects and yard work much. 

She will be going round taking selfies in her new apartment for Mary to draw for her final book "Finding Change: Sarah Moves Out!"

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 10
  • Love 1

OMG what Sarah moved out on her own I just found out about the new blog post from my mother!!!!!

• Upvote 11
  • Love 3

Hell has frozen over TWICE people! They've talked about Mary and Anna on the blog!
AND SARAH HAS HER OWN HOUSE!
It does look like the blog will be coming to an end. 

Holy shit. Y’all, I’ve been following these people so long I’m old now. My heart can’t take these shocks anymore!
  • Upvote 18
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

SARAH HAS A HOUSE! SHE HAS A LIFE! (OK, maybe it's an apartment or a condo but whatever it is, it's hers & she is out of the fathership)! And when she goes to bed at night it is in her own room and she won't be reading to her sister's in their bunk beds. 

This is why Steve never wanted them in an actual church before. They go to one, and look, "the girls" get involved in ministry & go to college at the recommendation of their pastor and Sarah gets a life and real work (even if it is for her brothers; to get a house she has to be making a livable wage) and is involved with the church - - - all that church involvement led their daughters to finally grow up and get lives!

I am shocked, but I have to admit, thrilled for all three of "the girls". Lives. Futures they dictate, not their father. Their days spent doing what works for them, not what works for their parents. 

Holy crap, I had the vapors with the college news - now they're back & am dizzy to boot! 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 33
  • I Agree 3

I'd like to make an intelligent comment but am just so stunned!

I'd definitely like to see Sarah blogging about her new life. Really pleased for her and Mary and Anna.  Am going back to shaking my head and saying 'I can't believe it' for the rest of the night now 😂

• Upvote 13

one of the blog commenters said something about the "new paths for the girls" - I actually read that as the "new pants for the girls", which struck me as pretty funny

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8

That blog post also answers the questions about what Anna and Mary are studying (at least probably 😄)

Sounds like they are doing the missionary thing and not education.

Though as Sarah moving into her own place was framed as part of her “missioning” it could still be anything. Thanks great conversationalists Maxwell!

Edited by Mrs Ms
More thoughts.
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 9

Words can’t express how happy I am for Sarah. Even if she’s simply renting an apartment from one of her brothers, this will open so many horizons for her.

i can’t imagine where she got the courage after all these years. Sarah reminds me a bit of a dearly beloved aunt, who lived with her parents until she was 40ish, leaving only when they were forced into smaller housing as my grandmother’s health declined. Her life remained small, but she was able to remain independent until her own health deteriorated. She never married, took devoted care of her parents as they aged, and was the family connector, the one person who all the siblings were always on speaking terms with and who kept track of a huge extended family. Her nieces and nephews all adored her and she had a wide circle of friends. Sarah seems to occupy a similar position in the Maxwell family.

I’m sure she’ll continue to see the family every day, but even a small bit of separation is enormous, 

• Upvote 27
  • Love 6

2 minutes ago, Mrs Ms said:

That blog post also answers the questions about what Anna and Mary are studying (at least probably 😄)

So I’m going to go all logical here. Education would be much more useful, especially if they follow Sarah’s path of single womanhood.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9

3 minutes ago, Mrs Ms said:

I do wish they could work at a Christian school as teachers. I will say one thing though. Single christian missionaries are better than gigantic missionary families. Why the fuck would a church want to finance a huge family like John Shrader’s when you can finance one single person. I imagine one single person does way more work than John’s family. Since John does nothing and his wife is busy taking care of 12 kids. 

• Upvote 18
  • Haha 1

Sarah has probably had money saved up from her Moody books. I'm actually proud of Steve & Teri for admitting that someone outside their family encouraged college.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 7

Congrats to the girls while I will miss some of the snark worthy post i’m sure they’ll still keep us updated on there if by some miracle one of the girls gets married.

• Upvote 9

Just now, sleepygirl1 said:

Congrats to the girls while I will miss some of the snark worthy post i’m sure they’ll still keep us updated on there if by some miracle one of the girls gets married.

maybe and maybe we'll find the registry like we did for Jesse.

• Upvote 7
  • Bless Your Heart 1

Wow the "Sarah's 40th is gonna be disappointing" comment I made only a couple of weeks ago aged fast and poorly!

Or maybe it aged perfectly cos I couldn't be happier to be wrong!

Never expected her to move out alone if at all.

Well if she can do it I can do it!

• Upvote 18
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 11

Missionary work includes all sorts of stuff though, including the type of children’s ministry they’ve been doing. I’m not at all surprised by their choice versus education. They probably still believe in homeschooling. 

• Upvote 7

8 hours ago, Babysitter said:

So, anyone think they'll talk about it on the blog? I feel like they'll either ignore it, or post once Anna and Mary graduate. Especially if they do so with honors. 

Lol are you a clairvoyant?

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1
  • Haha 4

I wonder if the 2nd generation came together and told the rents that they wanted and deserved privacy? This could explain the blog’s “retirement.”

But as someone mentioned above, they finally have somethingS worth blogging about, and they shut it down. Steve getting his final FU!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Rosie said:

Am I mistaken, or is the house Joseph & Alissa's old house?

Who cares lol. She probably did a lot of the work on it. Let her enjoy having HER OWN HOME. Maybe her sisters can stay THERE on vacations?

I just hope this isn't a joke.

So happy for them.

• Upvote 14

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Maxwell 50: Maxhell Has Frozen Over. Anna and Mary Are Off to College and Sarah Moves Out!

Growth and change. Never thought I'd see this. Now that they are doing something interesting they stop the blog.  I'm happy for the girls though. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic