IGNORED

Maxwell 50: Maxhell Has Frozen Over. Anna and Mary Are Off to College and Sarah Moves Out!

Coconut Flan

19 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I think it's what happened in May, June, or July.  All of these changes took a bit of time to set up.  

What I find most interesting is not that Sarah has moved out, and not even that she doesn't want to keep blogging, but that she has also "quit" working for Titus2, yet will continue working for her brothers.  I mean, I am sure she was not paid (or at least not paid well) but that is quite a leap to stop helping with the family ministry completely. I feel something has happened to really piss Sarah off. And I suspect her move was not Steve sanctioned.  

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I'm guessing there isn't much of a Titus2 ministry to work for anymore.  Neither Teri nor Steve has written a book in years.  The book that started it all, MOTH, is extremely outdated.  I can't imagine modern homeschooling families using it.

I think Sarah's books are the only ones selling.  I wonder if she'll continue writing?

• Upvote 10

I just lurk here and don't post.  Mostly, I have my hands full keeping up with the JillRod and BroGary threads.  Coming out of lurkerdom to add my joy at the girls' escape.  Steve finally got his comeuppance and it couldn't happen to a better person.  I was sure that he'd keep Sarah in the house to tend to him and Terri as they got older.  I really hope we find out what happened.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 8

The idea of every breath you take, every move you make, etc. being "ministry" is not uncommon among lots of fundie and evangelical types, from what I can see.

Lots of non-obnoxious mainstream Christians live a good life, and, if anyone asks where they get their cheerful attitude and kindness, or just asks where they go to church, then they may talk about how their beliefs and church life may be part of what influences them to good actions.

But these people (Steve, JillRod, Duggars, Gary, etc.) seem to need to label everything a ministry, to constantly remind one another that they are ambassadors for Jesus, "every saved person is a missionary," outsiders are watching them and will think that Christianity is no big deal if they aren't in church every Wednesday and Sunday or dress sloppily to go to Walmart.

Having many children is a ministry, inviting friends over for coffee is a ministry, dressing modestly, never swearing, being neat and clean - you name it, it's part of their "ministry."

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic