IGNORED

Maxwell 50: Maxhell Has Frozen Over. Anna and Mary Are Off to College and Sarah Moves Out!

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m very happy for the girls. However I admit I’m annoyed that when interesting things start to happen, the blog is mostly shutting down. I want to see her new house! I want to know what they are doing in college! 

Who knows? Someone else in the family may start their own blog now. And, the WOMEN are free. That's what matters. No matter how strong their faith, they are able to now live healthier lives, make choices for themselves, and enjoy more than 2 TB of burrito feeling. Here's hoping Sarah bought Pepsi on her first grocery run! LOL.

Do we have a picture of the house--someone said they thought it was one of the brother's old houses?

• Upvote 20

6 minutes ago, fundiewatch said:

I don’t think there are any photos at all. 

Yeah the only photo in their blog post announcing these monumentous changes is a photo of Steve, Teri and the daughters at their church at Steve's 70th birthday party.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 2

Just now, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Who knows? Someone else in the family may start their own blog now. And, the WOMEN are free. That's what matters. No matter how strong their faith, they are able to now live healthier lives, make choices for themselves, and enjoy more than 2 TB of burrito feeling. Here's hoping Sarah bought Pepsi on her first grocery run! LOL.

Do we have a picture of the house--someone said they thought it was one of the brother's old houses?

So where is everyone living now? And do you think Steve and Teri cried when Sarah moved away?

3 minutes ago, sleepygirl1 said:

So where is everyone living now? And do you think Steve and Teri cried when Sarah moved away?

Jesse and Joe are living in a larger city about 45-60 mins away depending on where they are in Kansas City. Nathan, John, and Chris still live close to the Maxborg although John and Chelsy had to stay in an apartment near the children’s hospital for 2 months. Sarah is in her own place somewhere in Leavenworth. Anna and Mary are the farthest away in WV. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 4

18 minutes ago, fundiewatch said:

Missionary work includes all sorts of stuff though, including the type of children’s ministry they’ve been doing. I’m not at all surprised by their choice versus education. They probably still believe in homeschooling. 

Yeah, I never thought they were there (college) for anything other than missions / ministry. They seem to enjoy doing it & it makes sense. 

I am no fan of missionaries. But, for a little while, I will let myself continue to be thrilled on their behalf. Thrilled that they are taking steps towards futures based on their interests & with the support of not only their pastor, but an actual college. 

• Upvote 13

I am seriously shocked by this turn of events. I think a secret courtship/wedding would have been less shocking than a single Maxwell woman moving out on her own or going to college and here we have all three Maxwell single women out in the world. I am happy for them and hope they can finally grow and mature. 

Edited by nvmbr02
typo
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 8

11 minutes ago, sleepygirl1 said:

Joseph & Jesse are in Olathe, South & a little West of Kansas City. Chris & Nathan & John are 10 steps from the fathership in Leavenworth. Mary & Anna are in west Virginia. Sarah is...don't know, but since she works for one brother in Leavenworth & one in Olathe, as well as being involved in the church in Leavenworth - - she's no doubt close by.

*I didn't mean to post twice. I thought they would automatically merge since I only ended one to get the quote...I am sorry for two quickly spaced posts. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

Just saw this. Damn. 

Part of this makes me happy that the girls are getting opportunities they were denied for so long. 

But another part of me is angry that so much of their lives were stolen from them. 

I wish them the best and hope they find real happiness. 

• Upvote 18
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

13 minutes ago, sleepygirl1 said:

I do wonder if they just didn't know how to end the mess they'd made for the girls? They HAVE TO realize it is not normal for a 40 year old WOMAN to be at home with her parents unless she is disabled or a parent is. (There could be exceptions). I wonder what the brothers who "got out" have said to help them get out too? I DO think the new church was a wake-up call.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4

1 minute ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I do wonder if they just didn't know how to end the mess they'd made for the girls? They HAVE TO realize it is not normal for a 40 year old WOMAN to be at home with her parents unless she is disabled or a parent is. (There could be exceptions). I wonder what the brothers who "got out" have said to help them get out too? I DO think the new church was a wake-up call.

I wonder that too, I also think it’s very interesting that the pastor of their church is the one that recommended Anna and Mary to go to school. Maybe there was some talk or interesting discussions about the Maxwell girls. Also maybe Steve went to the elders for advice for getting the girls married off, and they recommended trying to find men at college.

• Upvote 12

Hell has truly frozen over, and the pigs are flying. Anna and Mary in college! Sara moved out and told her parents she doesn’t want to do the blog! Steve admits that some of the married kids don’t want to be featured on the blog and that Sara works for a living and doesn’t just write Moody books. 

One of your sons marries a worldly movie watching pants wearing Bontrager. Then comes a pandemic. You let your daughters go to church. Next thing you know you have to do your own cooking, clean your own house, and keep track of your own book sales.

I am guessing that Gigi is secretly thrilled to see her granddaughters get a life at last, and I sure am as well.  

• Upvote 37
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

And it wasn’t just living at home, but not having any independent life of her own. No job, local friends, adult activities and interests. This is not healthy or sensible in anyone’s world. So happy for those girls WOMEN.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 7

This is far too much change to just be happenstance of a new church environment.

I seriously wonder if there was an intervention with Steve, Terri and the daughters. Either by the church, or by the married siblings.  Because for all 3 daughters to make a change at the same time seems too good to be true.  Or if maybe one of the daughters had  her laundry room breakdown (my bet: Sarah, while dealing with the head injury and possible depression), and that caused Steve and Terri to finally realize this wasn't a healthy situation, and they sought guidance from their pastor. 

I'm sad the blog is ending, but this is the best possible ending I could have hoped for.  I have a feeling a Maxwell daughter may court at bible college.  I'm pissed that we won't get the info though.

If I didn't know people that knew them, I would be suspicious that this was all a giant catfish experiment because this ending is just too perfect and unexpected.

Do we know which bible college Anna and Mary are attending? Sorry, I can't keep up with the thread!

Edited by MomJeans
typos
  • Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3

The amount of times I GASPED ALOUD reading that post. I am shooketh.

And obviously VERY curious and had to try some digging. There is indeed no house registered to Sarah in the county, however there are 2 houses 3 miles away registered to Maxwell Family Trust. Has that been discussed before? Apologies if so.

ETA: actually it's one house with a separate bit of land beside it

Edited by RachelDM
more info
  • Upvote 10
  • Confused 1

Thanks to those who said that this reminded them of the end of a TV series, I am now picturing the Maxwells not letting go of each other as they move towards a box of tissues, then singing It's a Long Way to Tipperary.

No, that's not it. Maybe sitting in a jail cell, Steve explaining why the second button (contrasting or not) is the key button.

Hmmm. . . . maybe Steve waking up to find himself in bed with Suzanne Pleshette? :shock:

Nah, but it would be nice for the second generation if their life, as Steve whited-out of their guitar book, was but a dream, and they got to try again with better educations and more freedom.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 22
  • Love 4

18 minutes ago, gracegrace said:

Next thing you know you have to do your own cooking, clean your own house, and keep track of your own book sales.

OH, I'm sure the daughters will "want" to help. Hell, I'd fill their freezer every month and clean weekly if it meant I could live my own damned life!

• Upvote 8

When you have a head injury you end up talking to not just neurologists, but social workers, nurses, all kinds of people, about your life and what you do. I wonder if someone at the hospital reacted in an obvious ‘omg you are SO weird’ way or if someone actually said something to Sarah - like about how great her life skills were and how well she managed things. 

I’m so happy for them and I’m glad that they will stay connected to their family and not be kicked to the curb or anything without support. Because as wonderful as these changes may be - and they are FANTASTIC- the past decades have left these women at least somewhat emotionally stunted. These changes will be *hard work* for them. When I moved out on my own at 31 it was hard. When I moved into my own apartment 5 years later it was hard.  No matter how prepared you think you are, situations come up when you’d really just rather be back home, and home isn’t where you are right then, darn it.

End of an era, indeed. Where’s our look-back episode with numerous musical montages? Interviews with the participants? Secrets told, jokes and plot points explained? If this was tv I’d say, well, there’s alway fanfic, but not here. So, so weird. I feel like I shouldn’t be emotional about this family that *I don’t even know* but I do. I want to tell real-life friends and family about this so much, but I can’t.

So it’s just us now. And the night is dark and full of cicadas singing and the smell of pine. We are sitting on logs around a campfire, singing, as the fire is slowly dying down.

• Upvote 25
  • Love 14

Oh my God I just spit my chicken cutlets all over the laptop!  Sarah moved out!!!  

24 minutes ago, RachelDM said:

The amount of times I GASPED ALOUD reading that post. I am shooketh.

And obviously VERY curious and had to try some digging. There is indeed no house registered to Sarah in the county, however there are 2 houses 3 miles away registered to Maxwell Family Trust. Has that been discussed before? Apologies if so.

ETA: actually it's one house with a separate bit of land beside it

I saw something two weeks ago but I said no can't be.  I will try and find it again.  Could have sworn I saw a house in Sarah's name.  Hold on lemme look.  

• Upvote 15

10 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Thanks to those who said that this reminded them of the end of a TV series, I am now picturing the Maxwells not letting go of each other as they move towards a box of tissues, then singing It's a Long Way to Tipperary.

No, that's not it. Maybe sitting in a jail cell, Steve explaining why the second button (contrasting or not) is the key button.

Hmmm. . . . maybe Steve waking up to find himself in bed with Suzanne Pleshette? :shock:

Nah, but it would be nice for the second generation if their life, as Steve whited-out of their guitar book, was but a dream, and they got to try again with better educations and more freedom.

No, it would be like 6 Feet Under. Showing how everyone dies in the future. And Steve ending it with, “do you know where you’ll go when you die?” Cut to black. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 21

Good for Sarah (Anna & Mary).  The Maxwell's were the first fundie rabbit hole that I feel down after the Duggars and before J Rod.   

• Upvote 11

• Coconut Flan locked this topic