IGNORED

Nathan & Esther 5: No Room for the Holy Spirit Between Nathan and the Wedding Square

nelliebelle1197

On 8/19/2021 at 2:16 PM, artdecades said:

I absolutely have lost respect for npr that they would just interview him without bothering to look into the organization. 

Someone should really research this and write an article about it. I'm surprised it hasn't been done yet. Another megafamily scandal should garner a lot of clicks, yes?

• Upvote 13

According to instagram, Esther's shower is tomorrow. my organized soul wanted to die watching them shop for decor as tions the day before the shower.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

According to instagram, Esther's shower is tomorrow. my organized soul wanted to die watching them shop for decor as tions the day before the shower.

Ha! I’m the same way. I liked to do things weeks before just in case something comes up. 

• Upvote 1

Looking at the shower with the many tables and chairs, I’m thinking they are expecting like 80 people at Esther’s shower. That’s so crazy to me. But I guess both Esther and Nathan have a bunch of sisters and sisters in law. A lot of Bateses have married into smaller families in the past. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Looking at the shower with the many tables and chairs, I’m thinking they are expecting like 80 people at Esther’s shower. That’s so crazy to me. But I guess both Esther and Nathan have a bunch of sisters and sisters in law. A lot of Bateses have married into smaller families in the past. 

I have been to 100 people showers (European), although thankfully not the norm for me. Mine was 40? But it was a formal sit down lunch. I also had a small wedding by my ILs standards. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, CanadianMamam said:

I have been to 100 people showers (European), although thankfully not the norm for me. Mine was 40? But it was a formal sit down lunch. I also had a small wedding by my ILs standards. 

I think the biggest showers I’ve been to were probably 50. Since it’s a female type deal, that knocks out all the men and boys in your family and friends group. Plus in my circles, you only invite people who don’t have to fly or drive 10 hours to get there. People will take a plane for a wedding but not usually for a shower. That cuts it down even more. But the Bateses have a lot of females in the family plus a lot are local. So it’s going to be big. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I've been to a few bridal and baby showers that were 50-75 when my mom still worked for a big computer company in the 80s and 90s. She was part of a large group that were good friends. One of 75 people one was for one of the bosses. 

• Upvote 3

In my husband’s culture, weddings are often 400-600 people. So showers being around 80-100 is pretty typical. Luckily I only had to go to a couple of those (most of his family was married by the time I joined the family since he is the baby). Showers on my side are much smaller, just family and close friends. Though my mom is one of 8, so I have a lot of aunts and female cousins. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 2

6 hours ago, marmalade said:

Where was it held? Doesn't sound like it was on her turf. 

Tennessee. But I am used to each side of the family throwing their own shower, so that doesn’t really phase me. Though at least one of her sisters was there. One of the conservative ones. 

• Upvote 8

8 hours ago, Dbm said:

He is starting to look like his father

Hide contents

367405918_Screenshot2021-08-28at8_13_43pm.thumb.png.84fde829b5483419af94a9ccda042c0b.png

I do think he is the one that most looks like his dad. 

Edited by AussieKrissy
Edit to add I have also always thought this too.
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

5 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Callie looks a lot like Gil as well. 

7 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

To me Zach looks a lot more like Gill. Nathan looks a lot like Kelly Jo father.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, llucie said:

Nathan does look like a mix of Gil and Kelly’s dad. I have a hard time thinking he looks like kelly. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Callie looks a lot like Gil as well. 

I think Callie is all Bates as she is so much like her Bates side cousins. 

11 hours ago, llucie said:

I too think Zac looks like his dad. 

• Upvote 2

The Bateses do produce very cute babies and young children because if they have full cheeks and dimples that run in the family. I’m guessing these two will have cute babies too. 

• Upvote 2

Anyone following the poster on Reddit who claims the Keyes family hates Nathan because he was close to her sister before he started seeing Esther? The poster doesn’t name which sister, but given the information, it sounds like Leah, who got married in October 2020 and is two years younger than Esther.  I mean, unverified poster on Reddit isn’t that reliable, but still interesting gossip.

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

So Esther is doing a Q&A on her Instagram and she answered who would be her bridesmaids and it looks like not a single Bates girl is going to be in the wedding party. She said it’s three of her sisters, one SIL who I’m assuming is her brother’s wife, a cousin, and her brother’s girlfriend. I feel like I shouldn’t be, but I’m surprised that she isn’t including a single Bates sister in the party. She doesn’t seem to hang around them much, she actually seems to be with Abbie Duggar more than she’s with Nathan’s sisters, but I feel like they’ve been shown doing so much to help plan that I half expected her to include at least a couple of them. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic