IGNORED

Nathan & Esther 5: No Room for the Holy Spirit Between Nathan and the Wedding Square

nelliebelle1197

22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Did you notice Katie was in sweat pants in front of Travis? I’m surprised that was allowed. I figured he wouldn’t get to see her in pants until their wedding night ?

Leave it to Fundies who want their brides to put their pants ON  on their wedding night. : ) 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 19

Carlin also wore Christmas pajama pants at Evan's family home before being married to her husband. So idk what the parameters are. 

• Upvote 4

Ester got her dress from (looks like) Miss Renee. Doesn’t look like her mum was there. Bit sad :( from the dress she tried on looks like she will be the most imoddest modest bride 

oh and look at me first time ever not stuffing up the spoiler box. Miracles 

Spoiler

3F9DF912-1F46-4C76-AD32-4BEE73A791BE.thumb.png.6b0d0f2f9aa556d6ec2d9184337c9e76.png939D670E-3468-476A-941A-715912BE9EF3.thumb.png.5c1d27dd1765f3489a56ec3713648d98.pngC7EEAF1A-5BFC-4781-8863-37418F1C1037.thumb.png.14647c24200c7e0472bc5a7c4bd539ef.png

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 7

16 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Ester got her dress from (looks like) Miss Renee. Doesn’t look like her mum was there. Bit sad :( from the dress she tried on looks like she will be the most imoddest modest bride 

oh and look at me first time ever not stuffing up the spoiler box. Miracles 

Hide contents

3F9DF912-1F46-4C76-AD32-4BEE73A791BE.thumb.png.6b0d0f2f9aa556d6ec2d9184337c9e76.png939D670E-3468-476A-941A-715912BE9EF3.thumb.png.5c1d27dd1765f3489a56ec3713648d98.pngC7EEAF1A-5BFC-4781-8863-37418F1C1037.thumb.png.14647c24200c7e0472bc5a7c4bd539ef.png

My mom didn't come dress shopping with me. It would not have been enjoyable for either of us. She isn't the sentimental type and she can be very body-critical which I did not need. So I went with girlfriends. But my husband's family wouldn'5 have been my first Choice either.. 

I was thinking that Esther's dress will be daring by fundie standards, in the insta story it looked like there were back cut-outs. 

14 minutes ago, adidas said:

Did Esther post photos too? Or just Carlin? 

She shared Carlin's stories. And her one SIL posted photos.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

27 minutes ago, adidas said:

Did Esther post photos too? Or just Carlin? 

I think they got a discount on the dress from Miss Renee, since it seems rare for Esther to choose to go there to buy it otherwise. Esther doesnt really have a social media presence yet though, so makes sense that Carlin had to do the promotion instead.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

Ah okay. I was thinking it was a bit brazen of Carlin to be posting pictures of Esther’s dress …. but I am dumb and I didn’t consider that they were doing it as a collab. It figures. 

• Upvote 4

Based on my extensive knowledge of Say yes to the dress and some assumptions I have made from the pics, Esther has taken her dress today (so an off the shelf one). Most brides do that in say yes to the dress do that when they don't have time to order a dress as the wedding is soon. Me thinking a fall wedding will happen. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

14 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Based on my extensive knowledge of Say yes to the dress and some assumptions I have made from the pics, Esther has taken her dress today (so an off the shelf one). Most brides do that in say yes to the dress do that when they don't have time to order a dress as the wedding is soon. Me thinking a fall wedding will happen. 

She had a fall wedding tag a few weeks ago and one of Carlin's 4th of July instagram stories featured them talking about the wedding and made it sound they were getting married before Katie.

26 minutes ago, adidas said:

Ah okay. I was thinking it was a bit brazen of Carlin to be posting pictures of Esther’s dress …. but I am dumb and I didn’t consider that they were doing it as a collab. It figures. 

She didn't post THE dress, she posted one of the dresses she tried on and didn't choose. They did the same with Katie.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

They’ve done the same with the Duggar girls too - my point isn’t about the dress itself, it’s about Carlin posting about it rather than Esther. It’s Esther’s big day, but we all knows Carlin thinks it’s all about her. 

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, adidas said:

Yeah, Carlin has 10x the followers that Esther does, so better for promotion. 

Quick check and Erin has the most followers, followed closely by Carlin and Alissa and then Whitney with everyone else under 300k.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, EmiSue said:

Not to leg-hump, but that dress is perfect for her.

It really is. It's not her actual dress, but it's a good example of emphasizing her assets without being overboard.

• Upvote 4

I’m shocked nobody here is discussing the real news: Nathan Bates’s own fiancé seems like she’s chosen to wear an updo for her wedding day! 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 23

15 minutes ago, Dominionatrix said:

I’m shocked nobody here is discussing the real news: Nathan Bates’s own fiancé seems like she’s chosen to wear an updo for her wedding day! 

I think that was one of his douchiest moments. Just remember Esther: every woman with her hair up on her wedding day looks terrible. 

https://uptv.com/videos/bringing-up-bates-get-up-or-get-down/

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

37 minutes ago, adidas said:

I think that was one of his douchiest moments. Just remember Esther: every woman with her hair up on her wedding day looks terrible. 

https://uptv.com/videos/bringing-up-bates-get-up-or-get-down/

that's the first time I have seen that (after seeing it talked about here alot). People are right. What a fuckin Wank. He is an arrogant toss pot. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

that's the first time I have seen that (after seeing it talked about here alot). People are right. What a fuckin Wank. He is an arrogant toss pot. 

Same. He is an absolute ass. Bobby'# facial expressions during Tori's explanation was funny though and I did like his quick "you should put your hair up". But yeah, Nathan is so... Ick. 

• Upvote 9

Looks like the wedding will take place in October according to Kelly’s post:

02DBA203-4863-4AE6-AECE-23C1C554596A.jpeg

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 4

The kind of dress the Bates girls wish they could've worn on their wedding day. Good for Esther! I know she would feel pressure to not even be seen trying on a dress that was so ~defrauding.

• Upvote 6

I love that she had a friend along in jeans! Must have ticked kelly off. Ester posted on her Instagram that it was too far for her mom and sisters to come and her lol doesn’t like to fly. Hopefully she didn’t want her mom to be there but was forced to go to this bridal shop anyways. 

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I love that she had a friend along in jeans! Must have ticked kelly off. Ester posted on her Instagram that it was too far for her mom and sisters to come and her lol doesn’t like to fly. Hopefully she didn’t want her mom to be there but was forced to go to this bridal shop anyways. 

The two other girls with her are in relationships with her brothers. I think only one is married. I wonder what Kelly thinks of one girl having a baby with Esther’s brother but isn’t married to him. 

• Upvote 12

Yeah that dress in Carlin's insta story was gorgeous and I imaging Esther's actual dress is a similar style (mermaid silhouette, lace, dramatic train). I bet her bridesmaids will be her two SILs, 3-4 of her sisters, and if any Bates sisters it'd definitely be Carlin and Katie. 

• Upvote 2

Esther’s family appear to be accepting of their grown up children’s choices. They cover a fairly wide spectrum from fundie with head coverings to having a child out of wedlock. Would that more families could be so understanding. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The two other girls with her are in relationships with her brothers. I think only one is married. I wonder what Kelly thinks of one girl having a baby with Esther’s brother but isn’t married to him. 

Ok, I was trying to figure that out because Carlin called her future SIL and then I saw they had a baby and I couldn't imagine a fundie having a baby out of wedlock.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Ok, I was trying to figure that out because Carlin called her future SIL and then I saw they had a baby and I couldn't imagine a fundie having a baby out of wedlock.

It’s interesting when a fundie has a baby out of wedlock. Fundies are obsessed with procreating and abortion. So the fact that a woman is having a baby at all makes them want to celebrate. But they are torn because she sinned. She had sex before marriage. Something majorly forbidden. So they put huge amounts of pressure of the baby’s mother and father to get married ASAP. Even if they are a horrible match. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic