IGNORED

Melania Trump 2: She's Just As Bad As Her Husband

GreyhoundFan

Continued from here:

Leave it to Melania to ruin Jacqueline Kennedy's beautiful Rose Garden by cutting down the cherry trees and paving over more of the area. Here's hoping that we won't hear from or about her in a couple of months.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

I was struggling to put into words how the Melani-fied Rose Garden looked. The Hoarse Whisperer nailed it.

image.png.ae6b424d1634b9283a2dbdf87916c473.png

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 10

This could apply to the entire country after being infected with the trumpian family:

image.png.2768749ce004b99cc243236365a8152e.png

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 6
  • I Agree 1

I wonder where the faux gold statue of Dumpy is located.

image.png.1bfb0deacec985a8067d5b0f57023a51.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 16

I was told I wouldn't even know about this if it weren't for the "liberal media" bashing every breath they take. ? This "person" was reminded by several others that the trumps told the press they were gutting revamping the Rose Garden and then held a presser IN the Marriott Courtyard greenspace concrete garden.  I figure she made the rose garden match their hatred of all things/people with color (except orange). They took the garden out of the garden and turned it into a colorless abyss. 

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I wonder where the faux gold statue of Dumpy is located.

image.png.1bfb0deacec985a8067d5b0f57023a51.png

Take out the Melatonin statue and put in one of fat tRump and you are spot on. No one that tool would allow a statue of ANYONE other than himself anywhere near him. 

• Upvote 7

After all, Melania's new rose garden is actually quite consistent with her ''I'm-dead-inside'' aesthetic. ?

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

Melania decided to Be Memes last night

It's hard to Be Best when you're surrounded by racist stepchildren, ethical violations, and sweaty old white men, so Melania Trump decided to Be Memes instead.

After turning up for her own speech on Wednesday in a decidedly militaristic khaki getup (because we know she loves a khaki statement piece), the First Lady returned to the final night of the Republican National Convention in green again. 

An odd, clashy choice, not just against the red party and the red carpet and the red and blue flags arrayed behind her in their dozens, but also because the pleated Valentino gown is the exact shade of eye-blistering electric lime used for green screen effects.

Of course the internet got hold of this and almost immediately went to work on this.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 12

"New book from first lady's former confidant gives behind-the-scenes look at tensions between Melania and Ivanka Trump"

Spoiler

(CNN)Melania Trump's former confidant Stephanie Winston Wolkoff is dishing out a behind-the-scenes look at the allegedly contentious relationship between the first lady and first daughter Ivanka Trump.

In her forthcoming book, "Melania and Me: The Rise and Fall of My Friendship with the First Lady," Wolkoff details the painstaking efforts she and, allegedly, Melania took to block Ivanka from appearing in photos of President Donald Trump's swearing in at the inauguration, according to an excerpt published Wednesday in New York Magazine.

Wolkoff wrote, "We were all exhausted and stressed out. Yes, Operation Block Ivanka was petty. Melania was in on this mission. But in our minds, Ivanka shouldn't have made herself the center of attention in her father's inauguration."

Wolkoff, a former director of special events for Vogue magazine who oversaw events like the Met Gala and helped organize events around Trump's inauguration, has known Melania for more than a decade. She was Melania's first hire in the East Wing and worked unpaid as a special government employee. But it proved to be a brief stint. As investigations into inaugural activities progressed, the eye-popping sum Wolkoff's firm was paid -- nearly $26 million -- caused a rift with the Trump family.

All but $1.6 million of that payment went to subcontractors and vendors. In February 2018, the East Wing announced it had "severed the gratuitous services contract with Ms. Wolkoff."

The excerpt from Wolkoff's new book details the bad blood between Melania and Ivanka -- whom Melania, according to Wolkoff, has referred to as "Princess."

An administration official took aim at Wolkoff's character, saying her behavior was "the complete opposite of Mrs. Trump's style."

"She inflated her relationship with the first lady," along with other behaviors that irked the East Wing, the official said. The official added, "it had to be brought to Mrs. Trump's attention -- who does not tolerate that kind of behavior."

Wolkoff claimed that Ivanka and her husband Jared Kushner, both White House staffers, were always on the lookout for opportunities to diminish and "control" Melania, even trying to snap up office space in the East Wing during the presidential transition.

"Ivanka was relentless and was determined to be the First Daughter Lady and to usurp office space out from under Melania; she wanted to be the only visible female Trump on the premises," Wolkoff wrote.

A transition source disputed the notion that Ivanka was ever on the hunt for East Wing office space, saying Ivanka was always set on working on policy issues from the West Wing. "The idea that she was trying to take over the East Wing, I know it's been written a million times, that doesn't make it any more true," the source said.

Wolkoff also took a swipe at Ivanka over her use of a private email server for official business.

"Ivanka was asking her work contacts at the White House to write to her at her private email — the exact offense the Trumps had lambasted Hillary Clinton for during the general election," Wolkoff wrote. "Would anyone chant 'Lock her up!' about Ivanka's private server? Doubtful. The email thing was hypocritical, to say the least. But the Trumps made their own rules."

Representatives for Ivanka said at the time that she used a private server before she was briefed on the rules and that none of her messages contained classified information.

The short preview of the book also reveals the slapdash efforts to throw together an inaugural committee.

The attorney general in Washington, DC, sued the Trump inaugural committee earlier this year for abusing nonprofit funds. Officials in the Southern District of New York are also investigating.

Wolkoff wrote that Rick Gates -- the former deputy campaign chairman who would go on to plead guilty to financial crimes and cooperate in special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation -- had complete access to Trump Tower. Meanwhile, according to Wolkoff, Donald Trump didn't even seem to realize Gates was at the helm of inaugural planning.

According to the excerpt of book, Trump proclaimed, "I want Rick fired right now! That b------." And then promptly turned around and tapped John McEntee -- a "25-year-old body man" -- to run inauguration efforts.

Trump "told the kid to sit down. 'You're in charge of the inauguration now,'" Wolkoff wrote. "I couldn't tell if Donald was serious about tapping the 25-year-old body man to be the new deputy chairman of the (Presidential Inaugural Committee). He looked like he was just out of college."

McEntee never did take the helm of the inauguration efforts.

As for Wolkoff, she received a subpoena last year regarding her work with the inauguration. Her book is due out September 1.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Definitely looks like there's no love lost here:

There were some good comments, this is my favorite:

image.png.d85ca752ccdd7dbff1eb83b224742c89.png

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 13

I love the images:

• Haha 11

7 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I love the images:

Got a chuckle out of this one...

Now if she actually was working to bring the orange shitstain campaign down from the inside that would be awesome. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

Got a chuckle out of this one...

Now if she actually was working to bring the orange shitstain campaign down from the inside that would be awesome. 

Even if she did I’d still hate her birther self. 
She wears a jacket saying she doesn’t care when visiting kids in cages and rips up the rose garden. 

• Upvote 10

13 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Definitely looks like there's no love lost here:

There were some good comments, this is my favorite:

image.png.d85ca752ccdd7dbff1eb83b224742c89.png

DANG! I can't stop laughing at this one. It is golden. At least this shit show provides me with perfect memes.

• Upvote 8

To quote her nasty husband, "lock her up".  "Melania Trump used private email accounts while in the White House, says former colleague and friend"

Spoiler

Melania Trump regularly used a private Trump Organization email account, an email from a MelaniaTrump.com domain, iMessage and the encrypted messaging app, Signal, while in the White House, according to her former senior adviser and close friend Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, who says she corresponded multiple times a day with the first lady. “Melania and I both didn’t use White House emails,” says Winston Wolkoff, in an interview with The Washington Post, upon the publication of her tell-all memoir, “Melania and Me: The Rise and Fall of My Friendship with the First Lady.”

The Post has viewed messages dated after the inauguration that appear to be from private email and messaging accounts used by Melania Trump. The messages contained discussions of government hires and contracts (including Winston Wolkoff’s), detailed schedules for the president and first lady during the Israeli and Japanese state visits, strategic partnerships for the first lady’s Be Best initiative, the logistics of the Easter egg roll, and finances for the presidential inauguration, key parts of which Winston Wolkoff, an experienced New York City events producer, planned.

Members of the Trump administration have already faced scrutiny for using private email. The House Oversight Committee last year began looking into the use of private accounts for government business by Ivanka Trump and her husband, Jared Kushner. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross also has used private email to conduct government business. Donald Trump spent much of the 2016 election cycle drawing attention to the FBI investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server while she served as secretary of state, calling it “worse than Watergate.”

The White House did not respond to a request for comment about the first lady’s emails.

A first lady is not a government employee, said Richard Painter, who was the chief White House ethics lawyer for George W. Bush from 2005 to 2007, but “if she is doing United States government business, she should be using the White House email.” Use of personal accounts is allowed under the Presidential Records Act, but it’s risky: If those records are not carefully maintained, the White House might not be able to produce them in response to a subpoena. (Also illegal: discussing anything classified on unofficial accounts.) Bush’s White House deputy chief of staff Karl Rove got in trouble for losing records with personal emails in 2006.

“It’s total hypocrisy,” said Painter. “They got elected acting as if Hillary Clinton ought to be in jail for using the wrong email.”

Melania Trump’s email habits have not been previously reported and are not described in Winston Wolkoff’s book. She told The Post she left it out of the book because she “just had so much” to write about and was concentrating on telling the story of her personal interactions with the first lady and others in the White House.

She says she decided to discuss the first lady’s personal email use — along with recordings she made of her conversations with Melania — with The Post after the White House attacked her integrity in response to the book.

Winston Wolkoff’s book, “Melania and Me,” is unique in the landscape of books about the Trumps, as the first insider’s look at the first lady’s private world. The two had a 15-year friendship, says Winston Wolkoff, beginning in New York City and continuing through Melania’s first year in the White House, where Winston Wolkoff was her unpaid senior adviser.

Winston Wolkoff’s time at the White House ended badly. She was ousted from her role and subsequently cooperated with multiple investigations into spending on Trump’s inauguration.

She felt “betrayed” by Melania, she says, because the first lady didn’t publicly come to her defense when an inauguration committee tax return, and news reports, named an event planning firm she and business partners had created for producing the inauguration as the recipient of a $26 million payment. Most of that money was used to pay an independent subcontractor for a pair of two-hour live broadcasts, plus the costs of producing multiple inaugural events. (Winston Wolkoff personally retained $484,126 for her services, according to financial documents she showed The Post.)

In the book, she chronicles what she saw as extensive mismanagement and opaque accounting she witnessed while working on the inauguration. She writes that the first lady’s needs seemed not only to be an afterthought, but on many occasions appeared to be actively thwarted. And she portrays a tense relationship between Melania and Ivanka Trump.

The White House has released several statements recently saying Winston Wolkoff’s book is full of falsehoods. In a statement to The Post, Stephanie Grisham, Melania Trump’s spokeswoman and chief of staff, panned the book as “revisionist history.” She also attacked Winston Wolkoff’s motives and character, suggesting she wrote her book “based on some imagined need for revenge.”

“Literally everyone she worked with was an obstacle in her mind, people she belittled and blamed for everything,” Grisham wrote. “This is a deeply insecure woman whose need to be relevant defies logic.”

Winston Wolkoff says that “everything in the book is 100 percent verifiable and factual” and showed The Post what appeared to be extensive digital and physical archives of emails and emoji-laden texts from the first lady that she is prepared to use to back up her claims — and played some audio recordings.

Winston Wolkoff told The Post she began recording her phone conversations with the first lady in February 2018 and until she and Melania stopped talking or texting on Jan. 1, 2019. She decided to do so, she says, the day after the White House terminated her contract, out of fear of becoming a “fall guy” as scrutiny of inaugural spending intensified. And, she says, because the first lady had made it clear she would not support her publicly or clear up matters in the press that Winston Wolkoff says were untrue.

On one recording, a voice that sounds like the first lady’s is heard saying, “Don’t be so dramatic. Because you were not fired. This came to that because this is politics.”

“Anybody who secretly tapes their self-described best friend is not only dishonest, they’re deceitful,” Grisham said in the statement.

This was at the height of the Mueller investigation, Winston Wolkoff says, when protecting herself from the Trump family and the machinery of White House palace intrigue had suddenly started to seem very important. “I didn’t record a friend. I would never record a friend,” Winston Wolkoff told The Post. “But — this is very important — she was no longer my friend when I pressed record.”

In her New York life, Winston Wolkoff, 49, was Anna Wintour’s right-hand special events planner at Vogue, the lead in producing the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute Gala — the fashion world’s premier annual event — for a decade. She then spent several years overseeing Fashion Week at Lincoln Center, which usually had an attendance of over 120,000 people, and started her own firm.

She and Melania became friends in the early 2000s. At the beginning of that friendship, Melania was a Slovenian immigrant model best known for dating, and later marrying, Donald Trump, and Winston Wolkoff was an established Vogue staffer. Over the years, they’d have long lunches together, talk about their kids. Winston Wolkoff says she admired Melania’s cool confidence.

“Melania’s not lonely; she’s self-contained,” Winston Wolkoff told The Post. “People think she’s, like, sad and trapped, and she’s not.”

Before their falling-out, as Winston Wolkoff details in her book, she was Melania’s confidante, a witness to Melania’s interactions with Donald Trump, and one of a handful of people with whom the first lady could joke about her rivalry with Ivanka Trump, whom Melania liked to call “Princess,” according to Winston Wolkoff . In one telling anecdote, Winston Wolkoff recalls conspiring with Melania to keep the first daughter out of certain photos during the presidential swearing-in, a plan she says they playfully referred to as “Operation Block Ivanka.”

Operation Block Ivanka was “petty,” Winston Wolkoff says, but in many ways felt like the only way to cope with the fact that “Ivanka would not stop trying to put herself in front of Melania” ­— figuratively and literally. Throughout planning for the inauguration, Winston Wolkoff told The Post, Ivanka kept sending her text messages about exactly where she wanted to be standing in the swearing-in photo, “and ‘it’s so important for me to be with my father’ and literally sending me a picture of the Obamas” for reference, she says. “And I was like, ‘When does she stop?’ ”

And so Winston Wolkoff says she studied the seating chart and made sure that Ivanka’s face would be obscured from photos when she was seated, and that she would not be at the center of the photos while standing. Winston Wolkoff told The Post that she was operating to protect the interests of her friend Melania, but also because she felt that “people were overstepping their boundaries” and there was something wrong with the first daughter being so disrespectful to the first lady of the United States.

“It is traditional and appropriate for the children of the president to join in such a historic occasion,” said a person close to Ivanka. “A simple Google search could have helped Stephanie understand that.”

The records Winston Wolkoff kept from her friendship with Melania suggest her wariness about the first daughter’s motivations might have been shared by the first lady.

“You know how they are snakes,” read an August 2017 text that appears to be from Melania to Winston Wolkoff, in reference to a conflict with Ivanka and Jared Kushner over staffing.

Winston Wolkoff showed The Post the entire exchange for context — which is a bit complicated, but the short version is that Melania and Winston Wolkoff believed Ivanka and Jared were preventing them from hiring Kayleigh McEnany for Melania’s office. This was the second time a “poaching” like this had happened, Winston Wolkoff says. (McEnany is now White House press secretary. Her deputy, Sarah Matthews, disputed Winston Wolkoff’s version of events.)

Winston Wolkoff tells other stories in her book about tension between the first lady and the first daughter: that Ivanka tried to muscle in on planning a 2017 International Women’s Day luncheon with Melania (despite Melania’s objections) and read Melania’s speeches in advance (which Winston Wolkoff says she refused); that Kushner attempted to take over offices in the White House’s East Wing (typically the first lady’s territory); that Melania was not informed that she could bring guests to the president’s first address to Congress, and by the time she found out, the first lady’s box had been filled with guests of Ivanka and Cabinet members. By the time Melania tried to start hiring top staffers very early in the administration, Winston Wolkoff says, they were told there was almost no budget left for the first lady’s office and they lost qualified candidates. “Melania felt that her interests were being constantly stonewalled,” Winston Wolkoff told The Post, “and we knew that it was always Ivanka behind the friction and suspicion and distrust.”

Carolina Hurley, a White House spokeswoman who works with Ivanka, said in a written statement, “These are absurd, petty and desperate accusations from a clearly very insecure and paranoid former employee. Ivanka came to Washington to focus on policy that uplifts hardworking Americans and their families. This book is a sad attempt at relevance.”

The president refused to take sides, according to Winston Wolkoff. “Again, it’s their type of normal marriage,” she told The Post. “Melania is not like any wife who would say, ‘Your daughter is blah blah blah.’ It’s not worth it to her. There’s an understanding between them that it just is what it is. And that’s how she’s decided she wants to live her life.”

The picture she paints of Melania’s relationship with Donald is sunny.

“They totally get along. It’s crazy,” she says. “I mean, they laugh together. She knows who she married. He knows who he married. They are one and the same.”

Winston Wolkoff had never voted in a presidential election, but when Melania’s husband made his run in 2016, she cast a vote for Trump. She writes in her book that working for the Trumps was “the worst mistake of my life.” Of Melania, she writes, “I wish I had never met her.”

She told The Post she has cooperated with prosecutors on three different investigations into inauguration spending (the U.S. attorney’s office in the Southern District of New York, the House Intelligence Committee and D.C.’s attorney general) and has gone “more than a million dollars into the hole” in lawyers’ fees since working for the Trumps.

As for Grisham’s assertion that she’s out for revenge, Winston Wolkoff told The Post that’s not the case. “This isn’t about me doing something to Melania,” she says. “This is about me sharing with the world who this family is and what goes on behind closed doors.”

Winston Wolkoff says she went through “a breakdown” after her ouster and the end of her friendship with Melania. She says that, for the first time in two years, she’s opening the shades of her apartment just a few blocks away from Trump Tower. That may be an exaggeration (“It was a year and a half at least,” she says), but she feels lighter now. “This is the last thing I wanted to do,” she told The Post about talking to a reporter. “But I had to know what happened, if this friendship was real, and how I got myself in so deep. It’s upsetting to see them snow the country the same way they did it to me. They’re hurting so many people.”

After casting her first presidential ballot for Trump in 2016, Winston Wolkoff says she’s planning to vote again this year — for Joe Biden.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 3

Melania's ex-best friend has written a tell all of sorts, “Melania & Me” by Stephanie Winston Wolkoff.  She was interviewed by Rachael Maddow last night.   

She spills the damn beans, especially re: the Inauguration and the missing 40 million.  Basically, she was told to take the fall for all irregularities/financial improprieties related to the Inauguration and she decided to walk and write a "f**k you, Melania" book, which is to say that (according to Stephanie) she decided to tell the truth.  It's not clear if she ever had a formal title within the WH, but a New York Times article is a good read about who Stephanie Winston Wolkoff is. 

Who Is Stephanie Winston Wolkoff?  And why should you care? A brief guide to the author of the new Melania Trump tell-all.  (not behind a paywall)

ETA: Stephanie is currently co-operating with not one, not two, but THREE ongoing investigations into financial shenanigans related to the inauguration. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 5

Someone clapped back at Malaria when she complained about how mean people were to the Orange Fuckmuppet 

• Upvote 11

6 hours ago, mamallama said:

Not to mention that he spent Obama's presidency claiming to have proof he was born in Kenya.

So did she.

• Upvote 7

• 4 weeks later...

Note how she sitting in that weird sideways position and not looking at the viewer directly. I guess she didn't get the message that this isn't a photoshoot...  Also, why is she speaking so sloooowwwwly?

Completely BEC of me, but her pronunciation of "Drrraaghs" is hilarious. 

• Upvote 5

@fraurosena -- that pose makes me think of Jimmy from the movie, "Blades of Glory":

image.png.b4b281bc712ddf2c08d71428437adc8a.pngimage.png.600d5398789013c414a843ecc3f641de.png

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Note how she sitting in that weird sideways position and not looking at the viewer directly. I guess she didn't get the message that this isn't a photoshoot...  Also, why is she speaking so sloooowwwwly?

Does encouraging America's children to make healthy choices include eating more vegetables, or is that still verboten because of Mrs. Obama? :think:

• Upvote 7

6 hours ago, fraurosena said:

I've never listened to her that much.  I didn't realize she says "dees" for "these".  All I can think of now is Natasha of Boris and Natasha on "Rocky and Bullwinkle".  

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 5