IGNORED

Nathan & Esther 5: No Room for the Holy Spirit Between Nathan and the Wedding Square

nelliebelle1197

So many bad, streaky, bleach blonde highlights and roots showing. I'm all for coloring your hair how you want it, but I'd think that with two pro hair stylists in that family they wouldn't all have such bad hair.

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s interesting when a fundie has a baby out of wedlock. Fundies are obsessed with procreating and abortion. So the fact that a woman is having a baby at all makes them want to celebrate. But they are torn because she sinned. She had sex before marriage. Something majorly forbidden. So they put huge amounts of pressure of the baby’s mother and father to get married ASAP. Even if they are a horrible match. 

Wasn't it Kelly Jo's adopted sister who had like a five year old little boy at the time she got married? I noticed that Kelly Jo and the show just skipped right over that in the wedding shower and wedding episodes. 

I just remember thinking that one isn't even a math issue. 

• Upvote 7

22 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I love that she had a friend along in jeans! Must have ticked kelly off. Ester posted on her Instagram that it was too far for her mom and sisters to come and her lol doesn’t like to fly. Hopefully she didn’t want her mom to be there but was forced to go to this bridal shop anyways. 

This seems like a bit of an odd excuse given that Kentucky nearly borders Pennsylvania. It would be about a 7-8 hour drive for her family. Not super close, but easily doable in less than a day. It’s not like the bridal store was in LA and required a flight. 

• Upvote 4

Maybe Esther's mom doesn't enjoy events like that. Or she is not feeling well, or they are not really close, who knows. I've never seen her mom, but considering Esther's elder sister covers her head, I wonder if her mom is extremely modest or even frumpy and Esther prefers not having her in the bridal shop. I know that usually moms go with daughters to buy the dress, but there are a lot of valid reasons to do it in a different way.

(I bought my wedding dress alone. I hate shopping with people. My mom bought her dress with my dad!. I mean, everybody is different).

Edited by Melissa1977
Add information
  • Upvote 9

An 8 hour drive (16 hours back and forth!) is a pretty good excuse IMO. Mount Sterling, Kentucky is 8 hours from East Earl, Pennsylvania. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

20 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Maybe Esther's mom doesn't enjoy events like that. Or she is not feeling well, or they are not really close, who knows. I've never seen her mom, but considering Esther's elder sister covers her head, I wonder if her mom is extremely modest or even frumpy and Esther prefers not having her in the bridal shop. I know that usually moms go with daughters to buy the dress, but there are a lot of valid reasons to do it in a different way.

(I bought my wedding dress alone. I hate shopping with people. My mom bought her dress with my dad!. I mean, everybody is different).

I bet it is being filmed and is being paid for by production. UP would want it with the Bates not her family.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I bet it is being filmed and is being paid for by production. UP would want it with the Bates not her family.

The magic of filming is such that she could have been there and never filmed and the show wanted to pretend she wasn't there.

• Upvote 9

I do think it's interesting that Esther chose the "Jean shorts, bikinis and baby out of wedlock" future SIL to go with her. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

On 7/10/2021 at 11:40 AM, CanadianMamam said:

I do think it's interesting that Esther chose the "Jean shorts, bikinis and baby out of wedlock" future SIL to go with her. 

Wait, who went with her?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Wait, who went with her?

So her SIL and her future SIL joined Carlin and Katie and Kelly. Grace, hef future SIL, has a baby out of wedlock. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

Esther is also 1 of 14. Her married siblings didn’t have a TV show to pay for their weddings. Her parents are probably grateful for a sponsored wedding and it’s not like they don’t have more opportunities for dress shopping. 

Edited by artdecades
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 2

25 minutes ago, artdecades said:

Esther is also 1 of 14. Her married siblings didn’t have a TV show to pay for their weddings. Her parents are probably grateful for a sponsored wedding and it’s not like they don’t have more opportunities for dress shopping. 

Didn’t realize that Esther was 1 of 14. Do you know where she is in the line up. 

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

Didn’t realize that Esther was 1 of 14. Do you know where she is in the line up. 

She is the 9tj child and 4th daughter. 

Apparently two of her siblings have children out of wedlock, her older sister also has a baby without being married. Not that they'd anything wrong with that, but I wonder what the Bates.think of it all.

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

Is her religion the same? I recently posted about a quiver-full family who gave my kids a hard time when they were young and Ester's family lives near-ish us. Wouldn't that be insane if it was the same family? I'm off to do some digging...

Ah nope. Difference last name. That would've been CRAZY.

• Upvote 5

Esther's family is her parents (I believe she's said they are/were mennonite or similar?), the two oldest sisters who are frumper/jean-skirt and head-coverings and missionaries, a string of boys, the middle sister (unmarried with a son), a couple more boys (one's wife and the other's gf went dress-shopping with Esther), then Esther and 3 younger sisters, then 2 brothers who seem to be teenaged. If you look at social media pics of the whole group, you can see them get visibly less "modest" by age over time haha. 

• Upvote 11

6 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Esther's family is her parents (I believe she's said they are/were mennonite or similar?), the two oldest sisters who are frumper/jean-skirt and head-coverings and missionaries, a string of boys, the middle sister (unmarried with a son), a couple more boys (one's wife and the other's gf went dress-shopping with Esther), then Esther and 3 younger sisters, then 2 brothers who seem to be teenaged. If you look at social media pics of the whole group, you can see them get visibly less "modest" by age over time haha. 

I think the two oldest sisters who wear very modest clothing may have married brothers. 

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think the two oldest sisters who wear very modest clothing may have married brothers. 

I think so too! fundie wiki has the marriage licenses linked haha. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yep it seems like that. And they seem quiverfull, the oldest one already has 7 kids (including twins) and has a J for girls L for boys naming theme.

Edited by llucie
corrections
  • Upvote 5

I always suspected the big families like the Bateses and Duggars would end up with less fundie kids as you go down the birth order. I’m still holding out hope that all the youngest Duggar and Bates kids leave home and do their own thing when they are young adults.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I always suspected the big families like the Bateses and Duggars would end up with less fundie kids as you go down the birth order. I’m still holding out hope that all the youngest Duggar and Bates kids leave home and do their own thing when they are young adults.

I feel like Esther's family is what naturally happens in these huge families when there's not a TV show or a traveling band in the mix to keep the kids in line.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

I found a family photo on Instagram and the differences in dress are amazing. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

Found a registry up for Nathan and Esther. It had a date of October 22nd. Could be a fake but who knows

https://registry.theknot.com/esther-keyes-nathan-bates-october-2021-pa/46947855

Don’t the Bates family usually reveal the real date, unlike the Duggars? Since Kelly already referred to October I think that’s accurate. 

• Upvote 8

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic