IGNORED

Nathan & Esther 5: No Room for the Holy Spirit Between Nathan and the Wedding Square

nelliebelle1197

On 8/28/2021 at 1:15 PM, Dbm said:

He is starting to look like his father

Hide contents

367405918_Screenshot2021-08-28at8_13_43pm.thumb.png.84fde829b5483419af94a9ccda042c0b.png

I am really late to this one, but Gil looks like he is trying to touch KJ's boob. That is all.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I am really late to this one, but Gil looks like he is trying to touch KJ's boob. That is all.

i thought more that it was a help full gesture to keep the boobies in place. As they call it here in NZ , puppy training. 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

So Esther is doing a Q&A on her Instagram and she answered who would be her bridesmaids and it looks like not a single Bates girl is going to be in the wedding party. She said it’s three of her sisters, one SIL who I’m assuming is her brother’s wife, a cousin, and her brother’s girlfriend. I feel like I shouldn’t be, but I’m surprised that she isn’t including a single Bates sister in the party. She doesn’t seem to hang around them much, she actually seems to be with Abbie Duggar more than she’s with Nathan’s sisters, but I feel like they’ve been shown doing so much to help plan that I half expected her to include at least a couple of them. 

If she is not close to any of them, I can see her not wanting to pick one and play favorites and Nathan doesn’t seem particularly close to any of his sisters who would be an obvious choice from what I can see.

so Esther also said she was staying with a instructor from Nathan’s flight school and his wife, do we any idea who that is? 

• Upvote 6

I have a feeling Nesther (what is their couple name?) are going rogue.

I would've thought she'd have Carlin or Katie seeing as they went along for the dress picking...

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

If she is not close to any of them, I can see her not wanting to pick one and play favorites and Nathan doesn’t seem particularly close to any of his sisters who would be an obvious choice from what I can see.

so Esther also said she was staying with a instructor from Nathan’s flight school and his wife, do we any idea who that is? 

Since they’re in AR, I’m assuming it’s either JD and Abbie Duggar or the Gabrielle and Drew Patton since she’s posted about hanging out with them on her stories before. I just don’t know if Drew is a pilot or not, so I’m saying it’s probably the Duggars. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Gil and Kelly Jo used to use that pic all the time and even had it framed on the wall at one point. I always had that thought when I saw it and couldn't get why they didn't notice the awkwardness of it. For Kelly Jo to be so obsessed with "pitchers," she has bad taste in the ones she picks for herself. 

On 9/17/2021 at 11:37 PM, CanadianMamam said:

Anyone following the poster on Reddit who claims the Keyes family hates Nathan because he was close to her sister before he started seeing Esther? The poster doesn’t name which sister, but given the information, it sounds like Leah, who got married in October 2020 and is two years younger than Esther.  I mean, unverified poster on Reddit isn’t that reliable, but still interesting gossip.

It's weird to me this sister is so upset about Esther being with Nathan that she isn't going to her wedding, but she met met someone new and married them during the entire course of the Nesther's (?) relationship. It just makes her relationship with her husband look like a rebound.

I think that poster might be be connected to the Keyes family in some way, but I don't think they are a reliable narrator.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, LanaBanana said:

It's weird to me this sister is so upset about Esther being with Nathan that she isn't going to her wedding, but she met met someone new and married them during the entire course of the Nesther's (?) relationship. It just makes her relationship with her husband look like a rebound.

I think that poster might be be connected to the Keyes family in some way, but I don't think they are a reliable narrator.

I agree. I think there are some pieces missing. Plus Esther has Instagram post of her and her sisters, including the one in question, looking happy and close two weeks before Esther’s engagement. I mean, pictures don’t tell the whole story, but there are definitely some pieces missing here. 

• Upvote 6

Josie posted a picture of Esther's bridal hair trial in her stories. Unless the picture is before the trial, it's a lovely updo, and I'm here for it. I have not forgotten that nastiness around Tori's wedding hair. 

• Upvote 8

16 minutes ago, CreationMuseumCurator said:

Josie posted a picture of Esther's bridal hair trial in her stories. Unless the picture is before the trial, it's a lovely updo, and I'm here for it. I have not forgotten that nastiness around Tori's wedding hair. 

I thought that was a pre-trial photo since it is a pretty casual updo but I am hoping Esther wears her hair up.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

I agree. I would not let any sneak peeks out of my wedding. I would just like it to be a surprise. 

Since you guys were mentioning Leah Keyes, I think it’s interesting she married a guy from yet another large fundie family with kids all with names starting with one letter. Their letter is K. It’s such a fundie thing to do!

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Since you guys were mentioning Leah Keyes, I think it’s interesting she married a guy from yet another large fundie family with kids all with names starting with one letter. Their letter is K. It’s such a fundie thing to do!

Thinking about it, it makes labelling stuff for nursery and school soooooo much easier with all the hand me downs. … Oh wait …..

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

18 hours ago, CreationMuseumCurator said:

Was it Tori who didn’t meet Nathan’s very specific views on bridal hair? 🙄 Well, he wouldn’t be the first guy to change his mind about what he wants once he gets an actual woman.

• Upvote 8

It’s also a broken courtship, almost 4 years and a big shift from their die hard following of Bill Gothard’s version of IBLP ago. Their „standards“ for appearance have changed quite drastically. He has also lived out of the house for quite some time now. It’s would only be natural if some of his opinions about this superficial stuff changed. Their stance on fashion and (male) courtship rules might have changed but they are all the same old Fundies underneath.

• Upvote 6

Carlin in her recent stories said that she has purchased flight ticket for Nathan and Esther's wedding . Is it not in tennesse? Does anyone know...

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Fundielandobserver said:

Carlin in her recent stories said that she has purchased flight ticket for Nathan and Esther's wedding . Is it not in tennesse? Does anyone know...

No it’s in Pennsylvania. I will be curious to see if Erin attends. She will be around 25ish weeks and will have to bring 4 little kids. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

On 9/21/2021 at 8:26 PM, LanaBanana said:

That’s kind of a weird thing to claim (unless it were actually true, which seems unlikely), since it’s so easily debunked. Surely there will be plenty of wedding pictures of Esther with her sisters, or the couple with Esther‘s side of the family, and we‘ll all be able to see that all the sisters are there. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/30/2021 at 7:53 PM, CanadianMamam said:

No it’s in Pennsylvania. I will be curious to see if Erin attends. She will be around 25ish weeks and will have to bring 4 little kids. 

Oh dear lord help me. They'll all be near me. I am wondering if the church that could hold all of them is the one that's literally 10 min away. Not that we are in need of big-ass churches in the Lancaster area. It could be anywhere.

9 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

They are getting married at The Star Barn (according to her instagram).

It looks very pretty.

I do wonder how it works in the US and specifically for their religion. Here you can get married at a non-religious venue but it will be a civil wedding only. If you want to have a religious wedding, most religions do not permit you to get married outside of a religious building of that denomination. The 'old' Duggar and Bates weddings were always in an actual church but lately they are getting married in more non-religious venues. Is that 'allowed' in their religion?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

It looks very pretty.

I do wonder how it works in the US and specifically for their religion. Here you can get married at a non-religious venue but it will be a civil wedding only. If you want to have a religious wedding, most religions do not permit you to get married outside of a religious building of that denomination. The 'old' Duggar and Bates weddings were always in an actual church but lately they are getting married in more non-religious venues. Is that 'allowed' in their religion?

It depends on the faith. Catholic no, we had to marry in the church, but I grew up in a Protestant branch and the minister would travel and perform weddings. My parents married at home. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1

6 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

It looks very pretty.

In my experience, many, or most,  Protestant denominations don't require the ceremony to be inside or on church grounds.  Ironically, it can actually be difficult in some parts of the US to have a civil wedding that is NOT in a government building (for example, the courthouse, if you are being married by a judge)--and therefore subjected to the limited operating hours of the government building.

An interesting article about the decline of church/synagogue weddings in the US: https://religionnews.com/2018/06/07/fewer-couples-are-marrying-in-churches-does-is-matter/

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3