IGNORED

Nathan & Esther 5: No Room for the Holy Spirit Between Nathan and the Wedding Square

nelliebelle1197

I can't speak for Michaela or Tori but I know why I dressed too casually for important occasions - because nothing else fit. I had gained weight and felt awful because nothing fit  and I looked so lumpen in contrast to my sisters. I guess I could have bought more but shopping made me feel worse. The only good thing about feeling that bad was that it motivated me to get healthier. I hope that this is not what motivates those women because it was not a good feeling at all.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 25

The dress Michaela wore to the wedding is from her sisters boutique. I think its just her style and not a lack of choices. At least the dress is pretty even though it was too casual.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Michaela doesn't like to call attention to herself.  She's a bit different in that family of fame lovers.  I think she doesn't dress up too much not realizing that by dressing down some people notice that, too.  

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, browngrl said:

Throwing my two cents into the fray:

* skydiving entrance - excellent ONLY because Nathan hit a tree. That might not make their wedding video but I laughed out loud with that one 10/10

* dress: I like the top but the bottom has these weird tufts of cloth that are odd 6/10

* hair: I WISH my hair could look like that but it won't and I've just got to accept that so with extreme bitterness it is 7/10 for me

* tiara: FAIL not nearly enough shiny bits - full disclosure I am like a magpie when it comes to shiny things and I wear a tiara regularly for such special occasions as: folding laundry. Why? Because I want to and you can't stop me. 3/10

* ring/flower bearing children - meh, I'm not a kid person and only pay attention to them when one acts up 5/10 (if a child had projectile vomited or pitched a fit I would have given it a higher score for laughter reasons).

* singing and dancing (the couple and Nathan's act)- world class fontrum IMO.  I'm giving it 2/10 because the cringe was so excessive I had to lie down and have a cold drink. BONUS addition: Carlin's husband's hair style - which was so very "hello fellow kids" 

* family drama 7/10 - the sister drama, wondering why Erin seems to have fallen out with her sisters, the last minute addition of Lawson's GF, wondering why Michaela was dressed so casually, Ashley (Nathan's ex) showing up without her husband - not bad, not bad at all

* food/setting: very pretty IMO and added something for me to think about as I wondered: who paid for all that? 8/10

What do you mean Erin falling out with her sisters? I feel like I can’t keep up with all of this!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

On 10/23/2021 at 4:22 PM, Dbm said:

wait is that trace in the back? who's that beside him?

That looks like Whitney to me.

I figure if you have a billion siblings, and all your friends have a billion siblings, and everyone is marrying each other constantly, then weddings really do just become like any other church service. So maybe you'll dress up if you're really feeling yourself that day, or maybe you'll just throw on whatever's clean and roll on out. 

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, adidas said:

Sorry if this has already been posted but I think I found her dress. The neckline has been made more modest, bu to think this is what it is based on.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVaCTsKsrlv/?utm_medium=copy_link

That is a stunning dress, I’d prefer a slightly less plunging neckline, but it is so dramatic, absolutely fabulous.

• I Agree 2

Here‘s the Link, Style Iolanda https://www.naviblue.group/brands/naviblue/muse/iolanda/

Esther said it‘s custom made because the text states „This dress is made-to-order, which means that it is made specially for you based on our standard sizes. Please contact a boutique near you for more information.“

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 1

I wish the skirt would have matched the top better. I would have loved the bottom to be the same material as the top. A sleek bottom would have been better in my opinion.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

On 10/24/2021 at 8:26 AM, BennettLeland said:

Why would her sister pull out of being a bridesmaid? That seems dramatic. I’m sure there’s a boring reason but I can’t see why someone would back out at the last minute

Crap happens all the time right before weddings. I’ve witnessed with my own eyes and heard some doozies. Some people get hurt or sick. Most of the time (not saying it’s what happened here) there’s drama and infighting that leads to someone refusing to be in a wedding. I’ve seen it happen a few times. It’s usually within the week leading up to the wedding when everyone is really feeling the stress. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

47 minutes ago, SunnySide said:

Crap happens all the time right before weddings. I’ve witnessed with my own eyes and heard some doozies. Some people get hurt or sick. Most of the time (not saying it’s what happened here) there’s drama and infighting that leads to someone refusing to be in a wedding. I’ve seen it happen a few times. It’s usually within the week leading up to the wedding when everyone is really feeling the stress. 

Oh yeah, stuff definitely happens.  At my cousin's wedding one of the groomsmen was a no show.  He wasn't at the rehearsal the night before which was expected due to some conflict.   But then he didn't show up the next day.   The guy who stood up in his place at the rehearsal ended up standing up at the actual wedding and had to fit into this guy's tux.  Never learned the reason why he no showed.

And my SIL, who is late to everything, barely made it.  She was running late and called my sister while I and the rest of the wedding party were having pictures taken.   Sister, who was the maid of honor, told SIL in no uncertain terms to get there because we were going on without her.   BTW, SIL had no problems getting there for the rehearsal the night before. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Smash! said:

Here‘s the Link, Style Iolanda https://www.naviblue.group/brands/naviblue/muse/iolanda/

Esther said it‘s custom made because the text states „This dress is made-to-order, which means that it is made specially for you based on our standard sizes. Please contact a boutique near you for more information.“

Then she should have said she saw a “customizable” dress hanging in the window, not custom-made. Also, most wedding dresses are made to order rather than bought off the rack, so it’s weird to describe a dress this way when that’s the standard. 

• Upvote 7

This is what Nathan wore to Jed and Katey's wedding, so I support people wearing whatever casual clothes they want at his wedding. Clearly my prediction that Nathan would wear jeans and vest was not accurate. 

Spoiler

169861666_3097215777233490_8426295663531129880_n.thumb.jpg.1e6624d3c22cd4bda046e8703b0f19cb.jpg

Personally, I thought Michaela's dress was appropriate from the one pic I saw. Tori was fine. Warden and the other boy with their unbuttoned dress shirts were far more inappropriate for your brother's wedding IMO.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Smash! said:

I love the dress, if I was to get married it's definitely something I myself would gravitate towards. Sans the crown, I loved Esther's look. I also feel like if she had her hair up, she would've looked more regal. Even the crown could've worked.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked and unlocked this topic

New marriage new thread!

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic