IGNORED

Nathan & Esther 5: No Room for the Holy Spirit Between Nathan and the Wedding Square

nelliebelle1197

14 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

It could be real. But it seems rather small?

I'm guessing, if it is real, there will be more added later on. I feel like people don't start buying gifts until about a month before the wedding (or at least that was my experience when I recently got married), so they still have time to add more.

Edited by LanaBanana
  • Upvote 5

Sorry for the double post, Nathan & Esther's engagement video was posted on their YouTube channel:

Guessing the web episode was all UPtv was going to show, as I doubt they would allow this video to be posted before hand otherwise.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

5 hours ago, LanaBanana said:

Sorry for the double post, Nathan & Esther's engagement video was posted on their YouTube channel:

Guessing the web episode was all UPtv was going to show, as I doubt they would allow this video to be posted before hand otherwise.

I didn’t think We would see them kiss but I kept expecting it. As close as they were physically. They might as well have kissed. It’s only natural to show affection to the one you are marrying. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I didn’t think We would see them kiss but I kept expecting it. As close as they were physically. They might as well have kissed. It’s only natural to show affection to the one you are marrying. 

The instagram reel they have of the proposal looks like they are about to kiss and then the video pulls aways just as Esther leans in. I think they did kiss but both videos were edited to remove it, this one even more so than the reel.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

7 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

1:59 he's leaning in to kiss her. I wish they just kept them in.

• Upvote 7

I’m hoping they didn’t show the kiss because that’s what Nathan and Esther chose. Because they wanted privacy. But if it was edited out because of Gil and Kelly, well that’s just bullshit. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

If one didn't know that Esther was a Trump-loving cult member with horrible beliefs, and Nathan all the above plus a class-A douchebag, this would almost seem like the (gasp) sweet, normal video of a couple getting engaged!

PSA- they are horrible people, despite the shiny stuff.?

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3

No surprises about the engagement with someone following you around with a camera and drone for days.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 3

11 hours ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

If one didn't know that Esther was a Trump-loving cult member with horrible beliefs, and Nathan all the above plus a class-A douchebag, this would almost seem like the (gasp) sweet, normal video of a couple getting engaged!

PSA- they are horrible people, despite the shiny stuff.?

This is the danger with all the younger Bates, they all put together good images on social media where it's hard to remember their awful beliefs. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

8 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

No surprises about the engagement with someone following you around with a camera and drone for days.

That's what I've been saying. She did her fundie look of surprise while standing in front of letters spelling out marry me and him holding out a ring she had freaking told him she wanted from the store (no shame in that). It's on par with that tried and true line about being surprised about being pregnant after months or weeks of unprotected sex.  

Maybe her surprise was at him finally getting to it after days(?) of lead up. 

Edited by rebeccawriter01
  • Upvote 16
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

That's what I've been saying. She did her fundie look of surprise while standing in front of letters spelling out marry me and him holding out a ring she had freaking told him she wanted from the store (no shame in that). It's on par with that tried and true line about being surprised about being pregnant after months or weeks of unprotected sex.  

Maybe her surprise was at him finally getting to it after days(?) of lead up. 

Is there such thing as proposal blue balls? Because I'll bet she had it, haha. Each day she would think "this is it!" and it wasn't.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 13

On 7/19/2021 at 11:29 AM, MaryOrMartha said:

Is there such thing as proposal blue balls? Because I'll bet she had it, haha. Each day she would think "this is it!" and it wasn't.

Ha, I definitely feel like that's a thing! I knew my now husband had gotten a ring in December, and then he sat on that thing through Christmas, New Year's, Valentine's Day, and my birthday before finally proposing! He later explained he thought it was too cliché to propose on any of those days, which I get, but he wasn't exactly sneaky about hiding the ring and so every holiday or special date night was a little nerve-wracking until he finally did it.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 5

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone interested, Esther answered some questions in her Instastory. They met playing volleyball at an after party of someone’s wedding, and their wedding is October 22nd.

Spoiler

96FFE072-EDFE-46B1-ACB8-1BBDF30D6969.png

Spoiler

DF6146A7-8A30-4E3C-AC06-E777FDD5D03C.png

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 12

6 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

For anyone interested, Esther answered some questions in her Instastory. They met playing volleyball at an after party of someone’s wedding, and their wedding is October 22nd.

Hide contents

96FFE072-EDFE-46B1-ACB8-1BBDF30D6969.png

Hide contents

DF6146A7-8A30-4E3C-AC06-E777FDD5D03C.png

Did anyone ask them if they have kissed?

• Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Lol. She said there were many good questions and that she would address them when she had more time. But I think we can all figure out the answer to that one.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:
5 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Lol. She said there were many good questions and that she would address them when she had more time. But I think we can all figure out the answer to that one

I would love to hear Nathan say something like, "yeah, we've kissed. My older brother Zach (or my parents, or my grandparents, etc.) kissed before marriage and they are doing great!" Kelly's head would explode so hard as she lectured all the kids on the importance of being godly role-models for the younger siblings. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

Raise your hand if you've ever played volleyball at a wedding after-party. I have not.

• Haha 15
  • I Agree 7

5 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Raise your hand if you've ever played volleyball at a wedding after-party. I have not.

I always assume fundie wedding after parties are way more fun than fundie weddings and receptions. Sorry but the fundie weddings and receptions look so ducking boring. No decent music, no dancing, no alcohol, often not enough chairs, and some of the time, just a little bit of food. I would be watching the clock until it was over so I could go to the after party. A bunch seem to go to restaurants as a group. Others host after parties that seem casual with activities. My dad and step mom had volleyball and swimming at their reception. It was basically an outdoor barbecue wedding. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I haven’t, personally, but I’ve been to weddings where they have. Most of the wedding receptions I’ve been to are outside, often at a county park or backyard, or at a mobile home clubhouse or community center and fairly casual- so after the ceremony and cake younger / active people tend to play games. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Not volleyball, but I have played horseshoes at a wedding reception. I have also seen other games like pool or darts. I have also been to weddings where everyone ended up in the hall basement chatting. Weddings run the gauntlet from super formal to really relaxed. 

• Upvote 8

9 hours ago, HereticHick said:

we see it all the time at the duggars and stuff they are on the basketball courts etc

• Upvote 7

Most people tend to get married later in the day and it's too late to play outside. However I see nothing wrong with early in the day wedding and volleyball later if people want to play.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

8 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Most people tend to get married later in the day and it's too late to play outside. However I see nothing wrong with early in the day wedding and volleyball later if people want to play.

Where I am from weddings are often between 12-2 and there is usually a gap between the ceremony and reception. Our ceremony was at 1, our reception at 5:30. I have been to weddings where the ceremony and reception were at the same venue and they have activities for the guests while the wedding party takes pictures. 

• Upvote 1

Or they could have been at the Duggars, who have a lighted court. There have been plenty of wedding after parties with night volleyball there.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

On 8/8/2021 at 1:18 PM, CanadianMamam said:

Where I am from weddings are often between 12-2 and there is usually a gap between the ceremony and reception. Our ceremony was at 1, our reception at 5:30. I have been to weddings where the ceremony and reception were at the same venue and they have activities for the guests while the wedding party takes pictures. 

I've been to one wedding like this. It blew my mind. WTF are you supposed to do in the middle? It took me over an hour to drive to the church. There's no way I'm driving home and back again. Most weddings I go to are night time formal weddings. I never understood my friends wedding tbh. Like how do you function on a wedding day? I'm actually curious. Like what happens in the middle? It seems like a whole big waste of a day.

I should say most of our weddings are Jewish weddings. Saturdays after shabbos or sunday nights. We don't do day weddings ever.

Edited by OyToTheVey
  • Upvote 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic