IGNORED

Mortons 4: Addie's Finally Married and All the Mortons Are MAGAts

nelliebelle1197

I was among those that suspect Alan was caught in the act. The default position in so many of these cases is to deny and conceal, so I thought that to get the sort of response from the Mortons that they gave, he must have been caught in a way that there was no doubt what was going on. 

On 5/4/2021 at 1:13 PM, HermioneSparrow said:

Kennedy has a story up working out and she has a bump, considering she's quite fit, I think she's pregnant.

Hide contents

IMG_20210504_141103.jpg

Wow, yeah, she definitely looks pregant. Her belly is too high and firm to just by post-baby flab. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

On 5/4/2021 at 4:56 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t think it was ever confirmed that Alan was caught by Katie. But the Mortons definitely believed it happened without a doubt. I agree that in Josh’s case, some family members can delude themselves into thinking it was an accident or something. 

I also think there was speculation on one of the S'Morton threads at the time that maybe whatever was witnessed was witnessed by one of the MEN on the compound, who wouldn't be duty-bound to obey and rugsweep like a woman or older child might be. Whatever it was, the Mortons have all stood with Katie and I have to applaud them for that, even though they are the ones who got her into that mess by making her marry Alan.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4

• 2 weeks later...

Guesses were right, Kennedy is pregnant. She is 20 weeks along but just recently found out. She thought she was just bloated. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

So we knew she was pregnant before she did? Either she’s lying or she’s an idiot.

Or it’s denial because she didn’t want a 4th this soon.

121519E3-D015-44B5-ABD0-B7049632E64D.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 4
  • WTF 12
  • I Agree 2

14 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So we knew she was pregnant before she did? Either she’s lying or she’s an idiot.

Or it’s denial because she didn’t want a 4th this soon.

121519E3-D015-44B5-ABD0-B7049632E64D.jpeg

Very similar to when my mom found out that  she was pregnant with me. I kicked her to let her know I was there and then I was born 20 weeks later to the day. She was nursing my sister who was a year and didn’t know she could still get pregnant. She figured out birth control really fast after that. ?

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Very similar to when my mom found out that  she was pregnant with me. I kicked her to let her know I was there and then I was born 20 weeks later to the day. She was nursing my sister who was a year and didn’t know she could still get pregnant. She figured out birth control really fast after that. ?

Again for the fundies in the back: Breastfeeding. Is. Not. Birth Control!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

12 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

The thing about Kennedy is that she had a flat stomach not long after giving birth last year. She lost the baby weight rather quickly. Then she started gaining weight only in her midsection all while working out all the time. It was obvious to us in a workout video she posted. Yet it wasn’t obvious to her. I think she was in denial. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

I don't believe Kennedy's story. No one could be that dumb, especially not someone whose entire life revolves around getting pregnant and having kids.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

3 minutes ago, FrumpyAtheist said:

I don't believe Kennedy's story. No one could be that dumb, especially not someone whose entire life revolves around getting pregnant and having kids.

I don’t either. She didn’t mention anything about missed periods. I bet she was missing her periods on top of the belly weight gain. I think she knew it but was in denial and wanted to go about her regular Not pregnant life. 

• Upvote 8

I believe her. Cryptic pregnancies (where women don't discover they're pregnant until after the 20 week mark) make up 1 in every 475 pregnancies. They're not that uncommon, even in women who've been pregnant before. A lot of women who've had cryptic pregnancies still had monthly bleeding, which doctors don't have a medical explanation for. And if Kennedy was still nursing than she may not have gotten her period back yet.

I do think she's dumb for not seeing a doctor sooner, especially if she was worried about having a tumor. I hope the lack of early prenatal care and (likely) folic acid didn't affect the baby's health.

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 1

But what sexually active, multiparous woman who isn't using birth control would suspect tumor before pregnancy?!

Fundies love to claim they are "surprised" whenever they get pregnant. I wonder if it's some weird modesty thing the cult teaches them.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t either. She didn’t mention anything about missed periods. I bet she was missing her periods on top of the belly weight gain. I think she knew it but was in denial and wanted to go about her regular Not pregnant life. 

I think this was a combination of genuine reluctance to acknowledge it (inconvenient timing? just not wanting to add another to the brood? travel/scuba/other plans that pregnancy could interfere with?), and possibly some ass-covering to try and justify the lack of comment about it to friends and family. 

While I agree with @indianabones that cryptic pregnancy is common and especially easy to imagine in a traditional fundy home where women are discouraged from thinking of their bodies as their own, I tend to find it hard to believe that Kennedy in particular would be THAT obtuse about her body. She's a fitness enthusiast who is more aware of her body than many women, fundy or not. The "bloat" was also a significant bodily change for her based on other pictures she's shared.

And even supposing that somehow, Kennedy just missed all of the signs, and was delusional enough to believe that this thing she's experienced 3 other times in the past 5 years wasn't happening again, there's the gaggle of sisters-in-law she's surrounded with who are fully aware of what pregnancy looks like. Campbell had a baby a month ago. Addie (who granted, doesn't live on the compound, but visits frequently) is due August 13. Alyssa is almost certainly pregnant with her fifth, and is another near neighbor.

Methinks Kennedy is showing symptoms of frustration with the incessantly pregnant lifestyle. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7

On 5/5/2021 at 3:13 AM, HermioneSparrow said:

Kennedy has a story up working out and she has a bump, considering she's quite fit, I think she's pregnant.

Hide contents

IMG_20210504_141103.jpg

She is so obviously pregnant she must have been in full denial. That's crazy.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, ToriAmos said:

She is so obviously pregnant she must have been in full denial. That's crazy.

I honestly think this has crossed the line from quirky and funny to downright delusional. Though I might be biased because Kennedy has always scared me. There's just something about her enthusiasm for working out that's a little too intense for me (Nothing wrong with keeping fit, obviously, she just strikes me as obsessed. Ymmv, though.)

And yeah, I hope the baby wasn't harmed by her attempts to get rid of the "bloating" or her workout routine. Then again, this is Kennedy who went scuba diving while pregnant, so it probably wouldn't have made any difference if she'd known about the pregnancy earlier...

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

I honestly think this has crossed the line from quirky and funny to downright delusional. Though I might be biased because Kennedy has always scared me. There's just something about her enthusiasm for working out that's a little too intense for me (Nothing wrong with keeping fit, obviously, she just strikes me as obsessed. Ymmv, though.)

And yeah, I hope the baby wasn't harmed by her attempts to get rid of the "bloating" or her workout routine. Then again, this is Kennedy who went scuba diving while pregnant, so it probably wouldn't have made any difference if she'd known about the pregnancy earlier...

She didn't dive after pregnant that she posted, only Andrew dove on their babymoon trip or whatever it was. 

I agree though with everyone else. She is so focused on working out that she didn't want to be pregnant. I believe that she really didn't know but I think it's more because she was so paying busy attention to training. She would definitely be one of those people if she wasn't facing pregnancy every 18 months for the next 20 years. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, lexiloumarie said:

She didn't dive after pregnant that she posted, only Andrew dove on their babymoon trip or whatever it was. 

According to her insta, she got her diving certification in July 2019, and Naida was born in February 2020, so she was pregnant at the time. She may not have known yet, but she must have realized it was a possibility. Then again, maybe not, considering the latest developments...

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, FrumpyAtheist said:

I agree. It's rather sad, actually. While I realize there are normal people who are pregnant and don't know it, usually they are not people who have already had 3 kids in rapid succession and aren't people who think they're work-out queens. Kennedy is a "fit" person and I don't think she is stupid; not the brightest bulb, but not stupid. She is part of a large family & religious group that shuns birth control. 

I don't even think it was denial. I think she's making up stories for attention or "hahahaha, look at me, I'm so cute and silly, I didn't even realize I am pregnant; see how relatable I am" (Kind of like Lora Fanning, who is the queen of the (not even remotely) humble brag/self depreciating fishing for praise/liar).

Basically, I say Bullshit. 

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I don't know what it is, but I find her scary AF.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Her parents were literal children when her older brother was born. I think they were 15. I can’t believe they are still together. 15 year old parents usually don’t stay together. Kennedy seems to not give a single fuck about safety and that’s what scares me. 

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Her parents were literal children when her older brother was born. I think they were 15. I can’t believe they are still together. 15 year old parents usually don’t stay together. Kennedy seems to not give a single fuck about safety and that’s what scares me. 

I think that they were a little older.  I remember a post once where she said her dad was 19.  Not sure about her mom though.  

1 minute ago, JMO said:

I think that they were a little older.  I remember a post once where she said her dad was 19.  Not sure about her mom though.  

That might’ve been when Kennedy was born. She’s second. Here is a picture of them and it’s crazy. So so young.

AA332DB8-57E2-4919-BE1C-EA745CB5392B.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 5
  • Thank You 4

Didn't she write for one of the fundie online places about her husband getting a vasectomy young? I thought he got it at 19, after both kids were born, then wanted it reversed because they "realized" god wanted them to procreate more, but it didn't work or something and that's why they adopted? I thought she said something along the lines of it being "wrong" to "allow" kids to get a vasectomy when they're so young? 

I could totally be confusing her with another fundie or a host of other fundies rolled into one - I can't even remember where or when I read that. 

• Upvote 2

Kennedy posted in November that it was her mom's 44th birthday.  How old is Kennedy?  All IG will tell me is that her birthday is also in November. 

I found them on wiki.  Mom is 44, dad is 43.  Dakota was born when his parents were 15, Kenney is 25 now and they have two younger adopted sibs.  Y'all remembered right! Thank you! 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

According to her insta, she got her diving certification in July 2019, and Naida was born in February 2020, so she was pregnant at the time. She may not have known yet, but she must have realized it was a possibility. Then again, maybe not, considering the latest developments...

Didn't remember that bit, sorry. I just remembered the trip after. 

I think safety is the scary thing with her. Because it's mostly her children affected. No respect for car seat safety, no fear of what she's doing while pregnant. I know Mortons don't use worldly seat belts. 

• Upvote 5

• hoipolloi locked this topic