IGNORED

Mortons 4: Addie's Finally Married and All the Mortons Are MAGAts

nelliebelle1197

2 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

My baby's room is lilac and very very light gray.

That sounds beautiful. :)

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

13 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

ETA: Also, what the hell is "idealic" supposed to mean?

Looks to me like a stab at spelling "idyllic".

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Probably an accent wall. She's got a couple of pics like this one saved in pinterest. Hunter and navy are super trendy right now, especially paired with pink and brass accents. (Can you tell how I like to waste my time online? Lol)

img.jpeg

My husband and I just bought a house and one of the ones we looked at had a nursery that looked like this with a navy accent wall. It was beautifully done like this one is. Blues and greens are my favorite colors and our new house is painted in those colors and in a beigey yellow. I’m a terrible designer so I spend so much time on Pinterest trying to figure out layouts and matching colors without being too matchy! I’m a perfectionist and I need things to look cohesive and neat or else I get a little twitchy lol. 

Edited by JanasTattooParlor
It copied an insane number of times. I think I fixed it.
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 4

What do I know, my house is mostly greige but I rather like the dark green. A friend of mine did her nursery in a similarly dark colour and it is so nice and cozy. She told me that she made that choice because the room was for sleeping and that when the baby was awake she had him with her in other rooms eg kitchen, living room, playroom - which were brighter. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

On 3/11/2021 at 4:24 PM, JMO said:

This reminds me why I turned off Kress' feed on IG. Fck her.  

In other news Campbell is picking out nursery colors and the options seem to come from the camouflage color wheel and are basically various shades of deep dark pine green. Depressing as all hell. 

Alyssa Morton just showed her bathroom in the house they are building and it’s a very dark green. I’m guessing they are going to end up with a lot of dark green on the Morton compound. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I would never cut it as a fundie wifey. 

I've never used Pinterest and have no interest in doing so. 

I don't like dark walls, as an accent, whole room or ....a bathroom? Bathrooms are small. Why would you go dark in such a typically small room? Of course, maybe they built a giant bathroom, but still, unless it's the size of a great hall, I'd feel totally closed in. I'm in an apartment and can't paint, so all my walls are white. But, truth be told, even if I could paint, I'd go varying shades of whites. Maybe pale greys or beiges (greige?). 

Fortunately, I'll never be in Campbell's dark nursery or Alyssa's dark bath, or any other fundie abode, so it doesn't matter. I can just "ew" from afar and be happy in the home I've decorated for myself. One that will never be "for show" - it's only for me and that's just peachy. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

On 3/10/2021 at 6:58 PM, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I would bet she's expressed sympathy for poor Donald Trump on more than a few occasions.

And for poor Melania who, in her words, is "the most bullied person in the world"

But getting back to the meme, what is an "idealic villa"? Is this the obligatory meme-spelling of idyllic?

• Upvote 1

Unsure if this belongs in the Morton thread but - Mariah Campana & Josiah announced they're starting a youtube channel. Why do these people with 2,000 combined instagram followers think they're popular enough for people to want more from them? Mind your business you're not preaching anything different from the other fundies/conservative YouTubes and they definitely don't have the popular support for it to actually go anywhere.

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Thank You 1

Wonder if Josiah will be fully clothed or making videos without his shirt - presumably so he all the girls can be defrauded by how hot he is? 

That's yet another YouTube I won't waste my time on. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Wonder if Josiah will be fully clothed or making videos without his shirt - presumably so he all the girls can be defrauded by how hot he is? 

100% that he'll be shirtless - because nothing says modesty  like taking your shirt off. 

• Haha 7

Didn't a network come out and film Mariah and Josiah's wedding? I haven't seen anything about it since the wedding itself, but I am pretty sure that something was in the works a year ago. Maybe they are launching the YouTube channel as a compliment to some expected upcoming publicity.

However, gut instinct says that this is just another of Jobless Josiah's scrambles to avoid gainful employment.

I just went on a quick google spree, and found it! Rusty posted about it on the OSA Facebook page the day of the wedding last year. ABC came out and filmed some or all of the wedding and reception for 20/20. I don't think 20/20 has yet aired the program it was intended for, possibly because Rusty made sure to continually "point them to the Kingdom" during the filming. But perhaps they will soon. 

• Upvote 7

Why would 20/20 give two shits about these fools and specifically this wedding?   Bizarre.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

27 minutes ago, dramallama said:

Why would 20/20 give two shits about these fools and specifically this wedding?   Bizarre.

The thing is, these people are sort of like a modern day freak show. People love watching shows about extremes. The Thomases live in an extreme way. They aren’t even close to normal. It’s why the Plaths, Duggars, and Bateses have shows. It’s why families with high order multiples have shows. Anyone out of the ordinary will probably be interesting to someone. 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The thing is, these people are sort of like a modern day freak show. People love watching shows about extremes. The Thomases live in an extreme way. They aren’t even close to normal. It’s why the Plaths, Duggars, and Bateses have shows. It’s why families with high order multiples have shows. Anyone out of the ordinary will probably be interesting to someone. 

I get that, and I agree - I guess I just wonder how the Thomases and Campanas got on the radar of a national network, when there are bigger names in freakshow fundieland out there that I would have expected to be a more obvious target for a "hey look at these weirdos" kind of episode. 

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, dramallama said:

I get that, and I agree - I guess I just wonder how the Thomases and Campanas got on the radar of a national network, when there are bigger names in freakshow fundieland out there that I would have expected to be a more obvious target for a "hey look at these weirdos" kind of episode. 

I would guess that the anti-abortion extremism is a big part of it. Perhaps reporters covering the event where they got engaged saw the proposal and were intrigued. They may not have the most Instagram followers or whatever in the fundie world, but I bet that people who work in clinics and worry about their own safety are VERY aware of them.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1

Meanwhile, Kressant is working on getting a few of her kids drowned in the mud...

Spoiler

48777A55-3B39-4DF6-BD39-9B9F30DAC346.thumb.jpeg.2f246c39eb8f852cf65ad168d5008a02.jpeg

Spoiler

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 4

1 hour ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Meanwhile, Kressant is working on getting a few of her kids drowned in the mud...

Hide contents

48777A55-3B39-4DF6-BD39-9B9F30DAC346.thumb.jpeg.2f246c39eb8f852cf65ad168d5008a02.jpeg

Hide contents

Those pictures did freak me out a bit. Mud is so unpredictable. I honestly could imagine it easier to drown in mud like that than in water. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Mud is so unpredictable.

Exactly my thoughts. 

For good reason, OSHA requires side wall supports for any excavation deeper than 1.2 meters (about 4 feet). A cave-in, even if it only comes up to your waist, is no joke & can serious injury, if not death.

The mud pits the children are playing in are so deep with steep, sloping sides -- it's terrifying, actually.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

I see those kids, see all the human potential being trashed by white supremacist, patriarchal assholes, and it just makes me want to weep. 

• Upvote 7
  • Move Along 1
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 4

Kressant posted some old antivaxxer meme.  I have her and a bunch of other fundies hidden from my IG feed but I think I'm ready to cut them loose.  She's trying to recreate a hardscrabble life in rural PG and it's so unnecessary.  Keeping her kids purposefully ignorant, neglecting medical care, ignoring common sense accident prevention.  Crowing about personal rights and protecting the unborn but not doing anything to protect already born children.  I'm out.  

• Upvote 15

6 minutes ago, JMO said:

Kressant posted some old antivaxxer meme.  I have her and a bunch of other fundies hidden from my IG feed but I think I'm ready to cut them loose.  She's trying to recreate a hardscrabble life in rural PG and it's so unnecessary.  Keeping her kids purposefully ignorant, neglecting medical care, ignoring common sense accident prevention.  Crowing about personal rights and protecting the unborn but not doing anything to protect already born children.  I'm out.  

She's typical fundie in many ways. Shunning knowledge, education, medicine, etc. while using the Internet to do so.

The entire Moron family makes my brain itch. They choose ignorance. They actually, actively, intentionally choose it. Then, they whine about persecution and conspiracies and babies. 

Ain't no room in my life for that kind of negativity and stupidity. Not even gawking from afar. 

They've all been unfollowed and the only thing I know about any of them comes from discussion here. I have no direct knowledge and the world is a better place for it. 

You won't regret getting out. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

Adeline posted this morning that she’s at 20 weeks so according to the baby tracking thread she’s due around August 18th. Also she calls the fetus little Glen boy so it seems even more likely we were correct about the Jr?  

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

3 hours ago, Noquiver said:

Adeline posted this morning that she’s at 20 weeks so according to the baby tracking thread she’s due around August 18th. Also she calls the fetus little Glen boy so it seems even more likely we were correct about the Jr?  

It's all but guaranteed. Martha referred to the bump as "Baby M." after the shower, and Addie's use of Glen is a clear signal that they plan to call him that instead of Michael. With the exception of Dorothy, the Morton gals are pretty set on naming their eldest after the father. Even poor Alexandria Alexander is technically named for her dad as far as they could manage without infringing on a theoretical future brother's claim.

• Upvote 6

15 hours ago, Noquiver said:

My niece is due August 17 & just found out yesterday she's having a boy. There was no gender reveal party or penis celebration. They shared the news in a Facebook family group after talking with their parents/closest people, with a post & sonogram pictures. My niece & her husband are screaming, liberal feminists and I know a couple of the names they're knocking around for their son, although they say they won't decide until he's here. 

I'm very glad their son will grow up in a world where he is his own person and doesn't have to conform to anyone else's beliefs or rules for life. 

I'm also really freaking excited for him to get here! I didn't think I'd be excited about a boy - I'm just not much of a boy person. Not in a "I hate boys" way but in a limited experience with little boys way. But, I am over the moon excited for his arrival. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 6

On 3/26/2021 at 8:55 PM, SolomonFundy said:

It's all but guaranteed. Martha referred to the bump as "Baby M." after the shower, and Addie's use of Glen is a clear signal that they plan to call him that instead of Michael. With the exception of Dorothy, the Morton gals are pretty set on naming their eldest after the father. Even poor Alexandria Alexander is technically named for her dad as far as they could manage without infringing on a theoretical future brother's claim.

That’s interesting because I saw Adeline refer to Campbell’s baby as little M, so I guess there’s been a gender and name reveal just for friends and family? Unless they’re doing a gender neutral M name. Or it’s a nickname. I’d guess Campbell’s having a girl though if M is the first initial of the babies name because I think John would want a John Jr. 

• Upvote 4

• hoipolloi locked this topic