IGNORED

Mortons 4: Addie's Finally Married and All the Mortons Are MAGAts

nelliebelle1197

The idea of "settling" at age 22 is just...sigh. Meanwhile, her sister Daisy is living independently in Colorado, rock climbing, going to community college, working, and roommates/friends with a girl who went to college and is a scientist. She's long term dating a dude she knew from homeschool in Georgia, but it's been years and they're showing no signs of marriage. Campbell's other siblings travel internationally and also work normal jobs. The contrast is just steak and makes me wonder what happened to Campbell to make her need the stability of the fundie life so badly.

• Upvote 9

24 minutes ago, FrumpyAtheist said:

The idea of "settling" at age 22 is just...sigh. Meanwhile, her sister Daisy is living independently in Colorado, rock climbing, going to community college, working, and roommates/friends with a girl who went to college and is a scientist. She's long term dating a dude she knew from homeschool in Georgia, but it's been years and they're showing no signs of marriage. Campbell's other siblings travel internationally and also work normal jobs. The contrast is just steak and makes me wonder what happened to Campbell to make her need the stability of the fundie life so badly.

Is she still dating her sister in law’s brother? 

Henry Roberts goes to IHOP University. I wish that was a pancake college. Sadly, it’s not. He would learn more at a pancake college.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 8

18 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

Critter is one of Kressants kids (Michael III). This looked like Brian (formerly Brett Alan) but it could be Ronald. 

My guess, he's being brought down to help build with Kressants family. They start construction biz around 10/11 so whichever boy it is likely to be somewhat helpful. 

Thanks for the Critter Correction! I usually get the first two grandkids confused regarding this nickname. 

Update on the reason why Ron was the Chosen Boy instead of Brian or another: apparently, both boys were intended to travel with Bethany, but Brian's passport was lost in the mail. He had to stay behind, but they are planning a future trip, and he will be a lock for that one. 

I think you're right. This was meant to be a push on Kress and Mike's house. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

18 hours ago, FrumpyAtheist said:

Campbell is kind of a weird one in that family. The Robertses were all raised fundie (Vision Forum I think?), 12 kids, homeschool co-op, isolated farm in Georgia and skirts when they were younger etc. Despite all that, none of the older kids is following a particularly fundie lifestyle except Campbell. They married later (all late 20s to early 30s except Norma) and the married couples have either not had children yet or only had 2 so far. None of the spouses is fundie either, just conservative Christian.

I wonder why Campbell is so different than the others and so desperate to live the fundie life. The whiplash between casually dating skater boy Hugh and marrying fundie John was odd.

Well, the oldest daughter, Norma Ann, is married to a preacher and had 2 daughters pretty quickly, though now the youngest is like 3 (?) and no sign of a 3rd. Daisy seems to have ditched the lifestyle altogether and is living her best independent life in Colorado (right?).

However, I always think you have to be careful with appearances. The Roberts' wear pants and cute clothes, dance and do other non-fundie things, but they are still deeply religious people.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, freethemall said:

Well, the oldest daughter, Norma Ann, is married to a preacher and had 2 daughters pretty quickly, though now the youngest is like 3 (?) and no sign of a 3rd. Daisy seems to have ditched the lifestyle altogether and is living her best independent life in Colorado (right?).

However, I always think you have to be careful with appearances. The Roberts' wear pants and cute clothes, dance and do other non-fundie things, but they are still deeply religious people.

Norma answered a question a few years ago that made me think they were taking a baby break after their second was born. I wouldn’t be surprised if they had more. But I think they are currently using some sort of preventative measure. 

• Upvote 6

From Mariah's insta... yikes! The other day she was also promoting some kind of baby blanket that supposedly blocks 5G signals ?

Screenshot_20210609-144213_Instagram.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 12
  • WTF 6

I unfortunately know someone who is all crazy about vaccinated people being a danger to unvaccinated people. 

To that, no matter who it is, I say too bad, so sad. You didn't give a shit about my concerns when the pandemic was raging, on what planet would I give a shit that you're scared you'll get vaccine cooties from me? 

I think half of them, if not more, are just train jumpers; they've jumped on all trains that go against conventional wisdom/common thinking/science/reality/truth. It's a badge of honor. 

At least they're so impressed with themselves they shout their stupidity from the rooftops, so we all know who to stay away from.

• Upvote 15
  • Thank You 1

27 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

From Mariah's insta... yikes! The other day she was also promoting some kind of baby blanket that supposedly blocks 5G signals ?

Screenshot_20210609-144213_Instagram.jpg

I would tell her to put on a mask then. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 7
  • Love 2

I've been having really weird menstrual cycles post-vaccination, but I'm nervous about mentioning it online/in public because I feel like it would just encourage these whackadoodles.

Yes, Mariah, being around me would totally make you infertile.

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, indianabones said:

I've been having really weird menstrual cycles post-vaccination, but I'm nervous about mentioning it online/in public because I feel like it would just encourage these whackadoodles.

My menstrual cycles went haywire after I had kids. They got crazy heavy and painful. The only thing that helped was birth control. I wonder if these idiots think you can get infertility from being around someone on birth control. I mean it’s basically the same idea. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, indianabones said:

That's actually a decently discussed side effect if you look around on twitter and reddit. I've only been vaccinated for one cycle at this point, and it was off and I've felt off, despite being religious with my usage of the combo pill. My skin has also been noticeably worse.

It's well known that medicines are really bad about studying/addressing how they affect women differently, and this is a highly visible example because it's new and everyone is getting it more or less at once.

If you're doing the vaccine effects tracking program, definitely note it as an 'other adverse reaction' because it is so, so, so important to document the differences of women as it comes to health care. We're not just smaller men; we're totally our own thing.

• Upvote 11

36 minutes ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

That's actually a decently discussed side effect

A biological anthropologist, Kate Clancy, at the U of Illinois is looking into exactly this issue & seeks volunteers to participate in her pilot study in order to develop a data set and, ultimately, more specific information.

Go to the link for more info & another link to her online survey.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

A biological anthropologist, Kate Clancy, at the U of Illinois is looking into exactly this issue & seeks volunteers to participate in her pilot study in order to develop a data set and, ultimately, more specific information.

I did, right after my second shot! I'm glad she's doing it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

Completed it! Thanks for the link!!

• Upvote 2

This is why I wish COVID hadn't become so politicized in the U.S. People should be able to discuss policy approaches to controlling the virus, data, civil liberties, and the safety and efficacy of the vaccine for all demographics including women and pregnant women without fear of betraying their "side." 

• Upvote 6

My first dose had more effects than the second. Most people say it’s the other way around. My second dose was a breeze. All I had was a sore arm. But I get a sore arm from the flu shot too. So that seemed normal for my body. My first shot I was so tired and had a headache. My period was fine.

• Upvote 3

My period was right on schedule and the same as usual after both Pfizer doses ??‍♀️

• Upvote 3

Pregnant women are at higher risk than age matched non pregnant women to suffer the more severe complications of Covid as well as at increased risk for preterm birth (risks increase even more if the woman is obese, >35, has diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure, heart disease). So much so the OB/GYN's in Canada wrote a petition to the government to open up vaccines to pregnant women as yet another high risk group.  

For people who are so aggressively "pro life" their stance on vaccines makes zero sense. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

After my vaccines, I've had bad mittelschmerz (ovulation pain) and can actually tell you which ovary is ovulating each month (left this time!)

I got my period a week post-ovulation last month, which I was NOT complaining about because I was worried about getting it on vacation a week later- until I was driving for several hours on a mountain road with no services, and unknowingly bled right through the front of my pants. First time that's happened in 20 years. Glad all the bears were outside my car that day.

All of my post-vaccine cycles have been heavier with lots of clots and come whenever they feel like it, rather than 28 days apart.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, indianabones said:

After my vaccines, I've had bad mittelschmerz (ovulation pain) and can actually tell you which ovary is ovulating each month (left this time!)

I got my period a week post-ovulation last month, which I was NOT complaining about because I was worried about getting it on vacation a week later- until I was driving for several hours on a mountain road with no services, and unknowingly bled right through the front of my pants. First time that's happened in 20 years. Glad all the bears were outside my car that day.

All of my post-vaccine cycles have been heavier with lots of clots and come whenever they feel like it, rather than 28 days apart.

I’ve always had ovulation pain. That’s how I know when the birth control is working. Birth control is seriously amazing ?

• Upvote 5

I had no side effects beside a sore arm but I also don't have a period due to my IUD... highly recommended!

• Upvote 3

Ugh, mittelschmerz....I've always had it and it's always sucked.  "Welp, guess it was lefty's turn this month!"

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

On 6/12/2021 at 11:36 AM, indianabones said:

Yikes! That sucks so much. I always get mittelschmerz and had a couple of more clots than normal, but it hasn't been nearly as bad as what you're describing, Rufus Bless.

Are you on birth control or no? If not, if you've used pills before and had success, maybe they'll help recalibrate? I've only had one full cycle post vaccination, but I'm 3/4 of the way through the second and haven't noticed nearly as many abnormal symptoms, so I suppose we'll see in the next week or so.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Are you on birth control or no? If not, if you've used pills before and had success, maybe they'll help recalibrate? I've only had one full cycle post vaccination, but I'm 3/4 of the way through the second and haven't noticed nearly as many abnormal symptoms, so I suppose we'll see in the next week or so.

I can't take it because of allergies, unfortunately. Can't really do any prescription medications (I have mast cell activation syndrome).

Alyssa posted that June 14 was Claire's original due date, which means that the baby was one week "early". 

Legit question for the room: Is a baby born one week before the estimated delivery date  considered an early baby? Isn't that basically a full term pregnancy by any metric? 

This is just weird to me because of her oddly cryptic posts about how surprised they were by Claire's early arrival (and her sex). Tone is tricky by text, etc, but it still seemed like they were outright stating that the baby surprised them by coming much earlier than expected. Obviously, I misread the "tone" of her remarks, but from what she initially posted, I fully believed that Claire must have been weeks, perhaps even a month early.

All of that said, if Sam and Alyssa legitimately believed that THEIR FIFTH CHILD shouldn't be expected at any point prior to her due date, that baffles me even more.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

• hoipolloi locked this topic