IGNORED

Mortons 4: Addie's Finally Married and All the Mortons Are MAGAts

nelliebelle1197

Jumping out of lurkdom for one thing that has not yet been discussed here I think: Edwin Morton is in a relationship with Francessca, a friend of the Campanas (and Trump lover, suprise), her Insta handle is francessca.belle. Lots of stories from the Morton compound under the "Heart" highlight and if you scroll down you can see that she stayed in Adeline's old room with the balcony. She also did the flowers for Adeline's and Mariah Campana's wedding. Only thing that I think is curious is that she has a full university degree and quite successful in her wedding event business. We'll see if Edwin appreciates this...

Now jumping back into lurkdom (thanks for all the snark and entertainment, I have really been here since Yuku ^^)

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 12
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, LurkingGerman said:

Jumping out of lurkdom for one thing that has not yet been discussed here I think: Edwin Morton is in a relationship with Francessca, a friend of the Campanas (and Trump lover, suprise), her Insta handle is francessca.belle. Lots of stories from the Morton compound under the "Heart" highlight and if you scroll down you can see that she stayed in Adeline's old room with the balcony. She also did the flowers for Adeline's and Mariah Campana's wedding. Only thing that I think is curious is that she has a full university degree and quite successful in her wedding event business. We'll see if Edwin appreciates this...

Now jumping back into lurkdom (thanks for all the snark and entertainment, I have really been here since Yuku ^^)

Not surprised. But, jeeze. They waste zero seconds. The second they 'graduate" from homeskool, they're dating their best friend ever and about to get married.

Too bad she put time, energy & effort into a flower business's that she'll have to leave in the dust when she marries into Mortonville & goes to live on the compound. 

Also, WTF is appealing about a Morton boy? I know appearances are subjective, but I really do not find any of them even slightly attractive. And their lifestyle & the world they inhabit even less so. What makes a girl want....that? 

Don't answer that. I don't think my brain could handle the mental, religious gymnastics. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

20 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Also, WTF is appealing about a Morton boy? I know appearances are subjective, but I really do not find any of them even slightly attractive.

I know, right? Maybe they are more attractive in person, but I fail to see the attraction. Those Morton wives tend to wax poetical about what hunks their husbands are, but I've never gotten further than a "meh" myself. 

• Upvote 1

I think Cleve is the attractive one. And he married the latest. 

Are the Mortons only allowed to date Brunettes? I’m kidding but I would die from shock if one of them dated a blonde or redhead. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

Good catch, @LurkingGerman! So I assume she's a few years older than him? Not that that would be unusual in Mortonville. 

I'm always kind of fascinated by these people who have highly curated, gauzy aesthetics online and but then are all about Trump and right-wing talk radio. Living a fantasy life of flowers and poetry and sunsets and then turning to idolize a loud, racist, tacky old gasbag. 

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 1

Oh, wow. That Francesca gilry has "trump forever" in her freaking BIO on IG. 

It's in her bio. Not "Jesus lover". Not "I love flowers". trump forever. 

I suppose, if you're mindless enough to be fundie, you've proven yourself cult worthy. But, holy hell, they don't even pretend to put their god first, do they? They worship one of the most immorral, corrupt beings to inhabit the planet. 

It makes me really freaking sad when females are tRumpers. They don't think highly enough of themselves. 

Wonder if she's got a golden idol of him somewhere? One she bows down to worship? 

• Upvote 10

Just now, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Good catch, @LurkingGerman! So I assume she's a few years older than him? Not that that would be unusual in Mortonville. 

I'm always kind of fascinated by these people who have highly curated, gauzy aesthetics online and but then are all about Trump and right-wing talk radio. Living a fantasy life of flowers and poetry and sunsets and then turning to idolize a loud, racist, tacky old gasbag. 

Especially now. He lost the election months ago. There’s no way he will be President again before January 2025. They need to accept reality and move on.

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 1

35 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Especially now. He lost the election months ago. There’s no way he will be President again before January 2025. They need to accept reality and move on.

I doubt he will ever be president again.

• I Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I doubt he will ever be president again.

I doubt it as well, but I won’t rule it out completely. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

Can I beg the quick and dirty Morton summary?  I remember Darthy's pregnancy and something with Cleve and Lise and the whole Alan Smith thing, but a Morton (Smith) summary would be GREATLY appreciated.  

• I Agree 1

3 hours ago, bettertomarry said:

Can I beg the quick and dirty Morton summary?  I remember Darthy's pregnancy and something with Cleve and Lise and the whole Alan Smith thing, but a Morton (Smith) summary would be GREATLY appreciated.  

Oh god. Intermarrying between a few specific families, grew up on a rinky dink compound where they did all kinds of dangerous and questionable things. Their oldest married a pedo, the pedo was caught (incest) and she's now divorced and he's in jail for 20 years. Her in-laws support him, while her family and his siblings largely support her. Google 'Bret Alan Smith Jr.' and a ton of info will come up.

The wives of Morton offspring are incredibly fertile and they are racking up grandkids at the speed of light.

Oh and two of the kids and their families live in Paraguay because government BAD. They're hardcore fundamentalist nutters that protest abortion clinics and worship at the alter of Trump. Think of your worst southern stereotypes (including marrying and popping out babies at the speed of light) and then add fundamentalism.

Someone else can probably do better, but that's at least a quick and dirty version.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

I honestly feel like I can’t do a summary justice because there’s just so much to cover. Plus I never followed their blog in the olden days. I could only give a very basic summary of 12 kids. 8 boys 4 girls. 2 sons and 1 daughter married Smith children. The oldest Morton daughter had 8 kids with Alan Smith before finding out he’s a predator who was arrested and convicted of child rape. They are divorced. His two sisters that married into the Morton family have now cut off the smith family completely because they make excuse after excuse for their child rapist son. The sisters live in Paraguay anyway so it’s easy for them to cut off the smiths in Georgia. The rest of the family lives in Georgia on the family compound. The males mostly work in construction and the wives are SAHMs. They all have a decent amount of children except for Martha. She’s dealt with secondary infertility. Campbell didn’t have a baby until 2 years into marriage. That was a shocker since every single Morton son has gotten his wife pregnant the first month of marriage. Oh and the two youngest Edwin and Paul are the only unmarried ones. Well except Katie but she’s divorced. I kind of doubt she will marry soon. If she does, it will probably be when the kids are mostly grown (just my guess).

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, bettertomarry said:

Heres the basics via fundie wiki: https://fundamentalists.fandom.com/wiki/Morton_Family

I highly suggest checking out their old blog, it gives you a pretty good idea about their brand of crazy. Find the old Smith/Morton wedding posts that involve the brides washing the groom's feet. You'll see other fundie cameos too, like the Plaths of recent tv fame.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

The Smith/Morton unions were the weirdest of the weird. 

Katie Morton & Alan Smith, Michael Morton Jr. & Kressant Smith, Wesley (Joseph) Morton & Rachel Smith.

They had courtships and betrothals and bride prices were paid. Katie washed Alan's feet at their wedding to show her submissiveness. They had 8 kids before his arrest; well, 7 as the 8th was born shortly after it all came down. 

Alan never had legitimate employment between marriage in 2006 & his arrest in 2016. He did video stuff for his father and sometimes worked with the Morton construction company. Mostly, they lived in an RV parked behind Bret & Jacqueline Smith's house. 

Michael & Kressant and Wesley & Rachel built houses on the compound. When they took off for Paraguay in 2015 & 2016, they left their houses behind. Neither was entirely finished. Michael & Kressant have 8 kids and Wesley & Rachel have 7.

The  3 S'Mortons above (as these three couples are called) were married within a year of each other in 2006 & 2007. All had a son by their first anniversary and never stopped. Papa Smurf Daddy Morton took the boys out to dinner a few nights before their weddings to teach them the ways of a maiden. They didn't need to know sooner so they didn't get urges sooner. 

Then Dorothy married Noah Sanders. Per Noah, they never even talked to each other before he drove from Alabama to Georgia to court her. Never mind their families spent epic amounts of time together, but they never talked. After 3 days of courting, they were engaged and 2 months later, married. They have six kids. 

Cleveland (William) (Note: Mortons use middle names instead of first names, a lot) married Lise Kendall (sp?) I know the least about them - now and then. The families did know each other. He was a bit older when they married, as was Lise. By fundie standards. They lived in the apartment above the barn at first, then moved out of state and are now apparently back. I'm not sure if they're actually on the compound. They have five kids.

Martha married Tayte Alexander. They had a long courtship / engagement because they had to wait until he turned 18. The Alexander family was new to the area and this is one of only 2 of the Morton offspring marriages where the couple did not grow up together. The fathers had a meeting, during a party, to decide the date of the wedding. Then they announced it to the party. Or, something like that. Point being, Martha & Tayte did not choose their own wedding date. They live in the house vacated by Michael & Kressant when they took off for Paraguay. Tayte now works on the Morton farm. They lived in Indiana? Ohio? - somewhere else, earlier in their marriage while he worked on his grandparents farm(I think? Not entirely sure to be honest, but I know they lived in his grandparent's house) but came back to the compound after a year or two. They have one daughter. 

Andrew married Kennedy Decker about 5.5 years ago after a neighbor gave him a house & he had it moved onto the compound. They have three daughters, all 4 & under. Kennedy is pregnant again but it's a "surprise" because she had no idea pregnancy happens if you have sex without contraception. She claims to have already been 20 weeks along when she even found out. She's a gym rat and likes MLM's. Three kids, one cooking. 

Sam married Alyssa Campana five years ago. They had 3 babies born in consecutive Decembers - 2016, 207 & 2018. All girls. They got their coveted boy - and they had a gender reveal for him & his penis (no reveal held for the mere girls) last March. She is probably pregnant already with #5 but they don't announce unless they know it's a boy. It's her track record that pretty much says she's already cookin' #5. 

John married Campbell Roberts, when she settled on him after being a special friend of a Bates boy & dating a guy named Hugh - all within barely over a year. She was dating Hugh in February and engaged to John in July. They have a house at the edge of the compound, on the road, rather than smack in the middle of it. They were married in November 2018 and didn't have their first baby until a month ago. Over two years - a record in Mortonville

Adeline, the long single sister mom/aunt married Michael Holloway this past September. I don't know where they live or what he does for a living. She is pregnant with a boy and due in August. Her husband drools tRump. Well, they all do, he just hasn't learned to wipe his chin yet. 

Edwin & Paul are still single but probably not for long.  Edwin is 20 and seems to have a "friendship" with a mutual friend who does flowers. Just discussed this weekend; I don't know we knew any of that before. Paul will be 18 in July.

The Mortons have been all over in terms of "doctrine". They were VF'ers for quite a while, going to daddy daughter things and the movie festival and all that BS. They were in tight with the Smiths for years & years; the marriages of their offspring was almost incestual as the "kids" called either set of parents "aunt" & "uncle" and they were constantly traveling together & hanging out at each others houses. 

They have long histories with the Roberts (Campbell's family), Campana's (Alyssa's family), Deckers (Kennedy's family), Kendalls (Lise's family) and Sanders (Noah's family). A bunch of other families too that they apparently couldn't nab a son/daughter-in-law from. They "home church" in their barn. They used to have New Years Eve balls where their guest could Cosplay and come as their favorite asshole from history or Christian hero. 

Initially, in 2015 Mom Morton & Papa Smurf moved to Paraguay with their unmarried offspring (Adeline, John, Edwin & Paul) as well as Wesley & Rachel & their kids. Less than a year later, Alan was arrested & Mom & Papa Smurf flew home with their unmarrieds and set up house again in the big house to take in Katie & her 8 kids, so Adeline could be their teacher/babysitter. Shortly after they returned, about a year after the initial move, Michael & Kressant replaced Mom & Papa Smurf in Paraguay. 

And that - all that - is literally the very tip of the Morton iceberg. 

** I literally made it 30 seconds after posting to remember I completely forgot the 4th S'Morton marriage! Ma' Morton's father married Bret Smith's (yes, that Smith) mother at the same time as the 3 S'Morton match-ups. I can't remember if it was before Wes & Rachel or after? But whatever. They divorced, presumably, after Alan Smith was arrested. If they didn't divorce, they lived separate lives. He died a couple years ago. She lives near her crazy son Bret. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 14
  • Love 5

54 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

The Smith/Morton unions were the weirdest of the weird. 

Katie Morton & Alan Smith, Michael Morton Jr. & Kressant Smith, Wesley (Joseph) Morton & Rachel Smith.

They had courtships and betrothals and bride prices were paid. Katie washed Alan's feet at their wedding to show her submissiveness. They had 8 kids before his arrest; well, 7 as the 8th was born shortly after it all came down. 

Alan never had legitimate employment between marriage in 2006 & his arrest in 2016. He did video stuff for his father and sometimes worked with the Morton construction company. Mostly, they lived in an RV parked behind Bret & Jacqueline Smith's house. 

Michael & Kressant and Wesley & Rachel built houses on the compound. When they took off for Paraguay in 2015 & 2016, they left their houses behind. Neither was entirely finished. Michael & Kressant have 8 kids and Wesley & Rachel have 7.

The  3 S'Mortons above (as these three couples are called) were married within a year of each other in 2006 & 2007. All had a son by their first anniversary and never stopped. Papa Smurf Daddy Morton took the boys out to dinner a few nights before their weddings to teach them the ways of a maiden. They didn't need to know sooner so they didn't get urges sooner. 

Then Dorothy married Noah Sanders. Per Noah, they never even talked to each other before he drove from Alabama to Georgia to court her. Never mind their families spent epic amounts of time together, but they never talked. After 3 days of courting, they were engaged and 2 months later, married. They have six kids. 

Cleveland (William) (Note: Mortons use middle names instead of first names, a lot) married Lise Kendall (sp?) I know the least about them - now and then. The families did know each other. He was a bit older when they married, as was Lise. By fundie standards. They lived in the apartment above the barn at first, then moved out of state and are now apparently back. I'm not sure if they're actually on the compound. They have five kids.

Martha married Tayte Alexander. They had a long courtship / engagement because they had to wait until he turned 18. The Alexander family was new to the area and this is one of only 2 of the Morton offspring marriages where the couple did not grow up together. The fathers had a meeting, during a party, to decide the date of the wedding. Then they announced it to the party. Or, something like that. Point being, Martha & Tayte did not choose their own wedding date. They live in the house vacated by Michael & Kressant when they took off for Paraguay. Tayte now works on the Morton farm. They lived in Indiana? Ohio? - somewhere else, earlier in their marriage while he worked on his grandparents farm(I think? Not entirely sure to be honest, but I know they lived in his grandparent's house) but came back to the compound after a year or two. They have one daughter. 

Andrew married Kennedy Decker about 5.5 years ago after a neighbor gave him a house & he had it moved onto the compound. They have three daughters, all 4 & under. Kennedy is pregnant again but it's a "surprise" because she had no idea pregnancy happens if you have sex without contraception. She claims to have already been 20 weeks along when she even found out. She's a gym rat and likes MLM's. Three kids, one cooking. 

Sam married Alyssa Campana five years ago. They had 3 babies born in consecutive Decembers - 2016, 207 & 2018. All girls. They got their coveted boy - and they had a gender reveal for him & his penis (no reveal held for the mere girls) last March. She is probably pregnant already with #5 but they don't announce unless they know it's a boy. It's her track record that pretty much says she's already cookin' #5. 

John married Campbell Roberts, when she settled on him after being a special friend of a Bates boy & dating a guy named Hugh - all within barely over a year. She was dating Hugh in February and engaged to John in July. They have a house at the edge of the compound, on the road, rather than smack in the middle of it. They were married in November 2018 and didn't have their first baby until a month ago. Over two years - a record in Mortonville

Adeline, the long single sister mom/aunt married Michael Holloway this past September. I don't know where they live or what he does for a living. She is pregnant with a boy and due in August. Her husband drools tRump. Well, they all do, he just hasn't learned to wipe his chin yet. 

Edwin & Paul are still single but probably not for long.  Edwin is 20 and seems to have a "friendship" with a mutual friend who does flowers. Just discussed this weekend; I don't know we knew any of that before. Paul will be 18 in July.

The Mortons have been all over in terms of "doctrine". They were VF'ers for quite a while, going to daddy daughter things and the movie festival and all that BS. They were in tight with the Smiths for years & years; the marriages of their offspring was almost incestual as the "kids" called either set of parents "aunt" & "uncle" and they were constantly traveling together & hanging out at each others houses. 

They have long histories with the Roberts (Campbell's family), Campana's (Alyssa's family), Deckers (Kennedy's family), Kendalls (Lise's family) and Sanders (Noah's family). A bunch of other families too that they apparently couldn't nab a son/daughter-in-law from. They "home church" in their barn. They used to have New Years Eve balls where their guest could Cosplay and come as their favorite asshole from history or Christian hero. 

Initially, in 2015 Mom Morton & Papa Smurf moved to Paraguay with their unmarried offspring (Adeline, John, Edwin & Paul) as well as Wesley & Rachel & their kids. Less than a year later, Alan was arrested & Mom & Papa Smurf flew home with their unmarrieds and set up house again in the big house to take in Katie & her 8 kids, so Adeline could be their teacher/babysitter. Shortly after they returned, about a year after the initial move, Michael & Kressant replaced Mom & Papa Smurf in Paraguay. 

** I literally made it 30 seconds after posting to remember I completely forgot the 4th S'Morton marriage! Ma' Morton's father married Bret Smith's (yes, that Smith) mother at the same time as the 3 S'Morton match-ups. I can't remember if it was before Wes & Rachel or after? But whatever. They divorced, presumably, after Alan Smith was arrested. If they didn't divorce, they lived separate lives. He died a couple years ago. She lives near her crazy son Bret. 

Thank you (and everyone else) so much for the recaps.  This is all sounding familiar but I think I stopped reading when they moved to Paraguay.  Oh the things I've missed!

Have a baby bunny:

42132.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Love 13

Did anyone see that Francesca posted pictures to her feed with Edwin yesterday (3rd post on her feed). That basically confirms they’re a couple imo. 

Spoiler

AE9990F4-754F-42B0-84AB-7928DF291C18.thumb.jpeg.02fde86604a1795077508ccdd0acea50.jpeg

She’s also 22 based on a post from 2018 so a couple of years older than Edwin. 

Spoiler

5C5FAEC7-AC68-4413-B2F5-20179D418BEF.thumb.jpeg.7bd0402647d925f4ac2c2a8356efa7b2.jpeg

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8

She definitely seems like the perfect wife for a Morton. From her stories today: 

Spoiler

35CED303-6500-48C0-955B-86E31E616119.png

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Disgust 5
  • WTF 14

16 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

She definitely seems like the perfect wife for a Morton. From her stories today: 

Hide contents

35CED303-6500-48C0-955B-86E31E616119.png

People who think like this must lead the saddest most hateful lives. I just assume most of the Mortons are unhappy most of the time and it shows in their hateful beliefs and actions. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

And then we have John and Campbell posing in front of the Trump Tower. Barf ? 

Spoiler

A8050AB4-E3BC-49B1-9710-5ADC939C44A1.jpeg

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Disgust 4
  • Eyeroll 7

I can't imagine how scared & angry these people must be to think like this, act like this and worship a fucking traitor like this. 

Never, ever, ever will I understand where it comes from or what the motive is. It can only be that lethal combination of arrogance and willful ignorance. 

John & Campbell at tRump tower are the poster children for uneducated kristianity. 

tRump? Really? Why, people? There is really no decent human being alive for you to sell your soul to? 

Edwin's little girlfriend is clearly looking to become a Morton soon. She is all in on their ignorance and isn't ashamed to show it. 

Lack of shame is another thing I don't get for these morons. 

I just gotta' stop. I can't handle the ugly, hate filled stupidity. And I thank all the gods in all the universes every day I wasn't born in South Georgia where it seems they ooze orange.

• Upvote 10

On 5/24/2021 at 5:50 PM, fundiefan said:

And! How I found them was google stalking Kim Plath (because she's my inlaw) and finding her mentioned on the Morton blog because she helped with the second wedding (Kressant) by making the invitations and decorating the barn. Barry was one of the groomsmen for that wedding and they attended the balls. We (the family) also found out about Joshua because the Mortons live-blogged it. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, SinkDweller said:

And! How I found them was google stalking Kim Plath (because she's my inlaw) and finding her mentioned on the Morton blog because she helped with the second wedding (Kressant) by making the invitations and decorating the barn. Barry was one of the groomsmen for that wedding and they attended the balls. We (the family) also found out about Joshua because the Mortons live-blogged it. 

They live blogged when Joshua was hit by the van?

• WTF 1

20 hours ago, fundiefan said:

*snip*

Edwin's little girlfriend is clearly looking to become a Morton soon. She is all in on their ignorance and isn't ashamed to show it. 

Lack of shame is another thing I don't get for these morons. 

I just gotta' stop. I can't handle the ugly, hate filled stupidity. And I thank all the gods in all the universes every day I wasn't born in South Georgia where it seems they ooze orange.

I've gotta say, I'm kind of surprised they would date a brown woman. They seem so KKK. I would think they would be worried about "blood purity."

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Sort of. Here's their blog posts. 

http://mortonclan.blogspot.com/2008/09/please-pray.html

Wow. I think many people use “asking for prayers” as a godly way to spread gossip. I’m not saying that’s what the Mortons are doing here. But I do think it’s something that happens regularly. Anytime I see someone described as a prayer warrior in fundie land, I wonder if they are just the biggest gossip spreaders in their fundie group.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

• hoipolloi locked this topic