IGNORED

Mortons 4: Addie's Finally Married and All the Mortons Are MAGAts

nelliebelle1197

On 2/21/2021 at 2:26 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

If she's due in August, then she's about 3 months now, maybe 3.5 months along. I don't consider that a late reveal. Allison Bontrager is due around the beginning of June and is about 5 months, give or take a few weeks. 

I missed the August date, saw gender reveal and summer, assume June or Early July based on a 20 week U/s. Not awful early or late for her then. 

I assumed Allison and Addie would be as soon as the stick dried types. 

ETA: I missed Mariah's first stories but cashing in change and selling clothes - what does her husband do again besides protest and appear shirtless on IG?

E

Edited by lexiloumarie
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

I missed the August date, saw gender reveal and summer, assume June or Early July based on a 20 week U/s. Not awful early or late for her then. 

ETA: I missed Mariah's first stories but cashing in change and selling clothes - what does her husband do again besides protest and appear shirtless on IG?

E

I seriously have no idea what Mariah’s husband does for a job. He seems like a lazy man boy. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

51 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

E

Per his Facebook he works with https://www.airintel.net/. Doing what, I don't know. 

• Thank You 1

On 2/22/2021 at 1:43 AM, SolomonFundy said:The baby may get called "Glen" to keep things easy, but he could easily go by "Mike" without confusion.

I could see him being called Glen, or something else, if he’s a Jr. it’s very common in the Bates family for example for their boys to get nicknames that are the same as the dad’s name. 

I imagine that if he takes after his father there could be a time when the kid would have a physical resemblance to the actor who played Glen on Mad Men and this amuses me. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Noquiver said:

I could see him being called Glen, or something else, if he’s a Jr. it’s very common in the Bates family for example for their boys to get nicknames that are the same as the dad’s name. 

I imagine that if he takes after his father there could be a time when the kid would have a physical resemblance to the actor who played Glen on Mad Men and this amuses me. 

The Mortons are big on nicknames. I would be surprised if they named him Michael and didn’t give him a nickname. 

• I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Mortons are big on nicknames. I would be surprised if they named him Michael and didn’t give him a nickname. 

They also use middle names a lot. Wesley is actually Joseph Wesley. Cleveland is actually William Cleveland. Katie's daughter is Catherine Ester but they call her Esther. When the SmithPieceOfShit was present, he is Bret Alan Smith & they called him Alan (or Charlie for some reason that only made sense in Smorton-ville). Sam & Alyssa call their BOY Quentin, when he's Samuel Quentin.

I can totally see a Michael Glen Holloway Jr. running around kown as Glen. 

Even outside fundieland it is a common thing, but in giant assed fundie families, it's almost necessary. 

Actually, I could see Adeline calling him Wittle Gwen. Because the flowery, billowy fake 18th century language use doesn't just disappear after one gets married.

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Sarah Shearer is already posting smug mom stuff approximately 2 weeks into this new season of life. I’m not surprised but I feel very bad for any of her friends/followers who struggled with parenthood because that b is throwing shade and judging them. 

Edited by Noquiver
Grammars
  • Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Noquiver said:

Sarah Shearer is already posting smug mom stuff less at approximately 2 weeks into this new season of life. I’m not surprised but I feel very bad for any of her friends/followers who struggled with parenthood because that b is throwing shade and judging them. 

I always hope the reality of parenting punches these smug people in the face. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Noquiver said:

Sarah Shearer is already posting smug mom stuff approximately 2 weeks into this new season of life. I’m not surprised but I feel very bad for any of her friends/followers who struggled with parenthood because that b is throwing shade and judging them. 

Of course she is. She knows everything, knows better than everyone, IS better than everyone. If you're a stupid person who doesn't convince herself life is nothing but sunshine & roses like her, you're just an evil feminist. 

She is definitely among the most insufferable fundie females. 

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'm sure it has but Sarah would die before she acknowledged it. She has to live a perfectly joyful, painless life so she can tell the world how rosy & perfect she & her world are. It's actually kind of scary. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Only if they don’t take their frustrations out on the kids! But yes, me too.

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, Mrs Ms said:

Only if they don’t take their frustrations out on the kids! But yes, me too.

Of course. I just like to imagine big poopy blowouts and well timed spit ups for the extra smug parents. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, ToriAmos said:

Where are all the Morton babies? Alyssa should have another by now? What's up in Mortonville?

I know, right? My "all white photo shoot on the bed" Morpana Baby hypothesis has been forever disproven. That said, I strongly believe she's pregnant now, and could even be 4ish months along. For lack of better evidence, I'll point to the sudden rush to finish the house that has been otherwise *not* a priority for the past 4 years. Alyssa has posted several instagram clips of late-night drywalling and painting sessions in the past two months, the most recent of which featured Addie's husband Michael assisting. 

Sam was gone quite a bit last year to scree at trump rallies. The delay in their baby train is probably due to a combination of his travel, their mutual exhaustion (FOUR KIDS aged 3 & under, for most of the past year + house construction), and a sudden drop of a significant source of outside help. Both Addie and Mariah got married last year, and they were the primary babysitters. Kennedy, Martha, and Campbell are all close at hand, but most seem pretty busy with their own families. 

Addie and Campbell are definitely expecting, so at least there's that. 

• Upvote 3

Alyssa is probably pregnant at this point but not announcing. I don’t think Kennedy is pregnant. Or if she is, she’s very early. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

I also suspect Alyssa is pregnant but probably won’t announce. If I recall, she only announced Norah and Quentin’s pregnancies because they were the first and first boy. We still eventually found out about the others from pics we saw of Alyssa and stuff. Quentin is 1 today, maybe we’ll see pics. 

I think Kennedy, Lise and Dorothy might still take a while since they don’t get pregnant every 5 seconds like Alyssa.

Rachel and Kressant are both due for another pregnancy at this point, I think it’s likely they’re pregnant and we haven’t found out. Or they’re finally slowing down.

As for Martha, I don’t know if she’ll ever pursue any fertility treatments. From the last post she made about the topic back in October, it seemed like she’s just praying and “letting God decide”, but who knows. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 4

Along with Alyssa, it's Rachel and Kressant I'm curious about. They should be pregnant by now. But for a lot of women, I think the rate slows down once they're well in their 30s...maybe Duggardata could analyse that?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Well Kressant was making natural dewormer....so I think they have bigger issues than getting pregnant. 

I don't even know what to say. 

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 9

31 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

Well Kressant was making natural dewormer....so I think they have bigger issues than getting pregnant. 

Wait, like, for humans?

• Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

Yeah, they've chosen a petty low level of living in order to escape whatever it is they think they're escaping. 

I don't think everyone needs to live a Western middle class life to be happy or successful, but I find it strange to go from that life to...less than, for lack of a better word, by choice. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

41 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Yeah, they've chosen a petty low level of living in order to escape whatever it is they think they're escaping. 

I don't think everyone needs to live a Western middle class life to be happy or successful, but I find it strange to go from that life to...less than, for lack of a better word, by choice. 

Many large fundie families live in ways I will never understand. They live in sheds, RVs, tiny trailers, and tents. Maybe I’m high maintenance. But I would never choose that. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

56 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Wait, like, for humans?

She didn't specify but I am assuming until told otherwise since she just had a child in the hospital for a mysterious medical condition and their conditions have definitely not shown to have access to consistent, clean drinking water.

I don't necessarily think everything has to be exactly like the US (sideyeing the Dillards years later for their Scary America behavior) but her posts about water, medical care, be given stuff by their church, etc seem particularly like they are living below what I would consider safe, basic standards. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

25 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

She didn't specify but I am assuming until told otherwise since she just had a child in the hospital for a mysterious medical condition and their conditions have definitely not shown to have access to consistent, clean drinking water.

I don't necessarily think everything has to be exactly like the US (sideyeing the Dillards years later for their Scary America behavior) but her posts about water, medical care, be given stuff by their church, etc seem particularly like they are living below what I would consider safe, basic standards. 

There's tons of places in Latin America with better conditions. Hell, even in Paraguay, if you go to Asunción you can be very comfortable. I live in Buenos Aires and it's just like any other European city. They just want to go to the most rural and isolated places where's there's barely schools, clean water and basic stuff. It's ridiculous to me.

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 1

She posted a lot of pics lately of the three oldest boys helping dad pour concrete and lay brick for their new house. It’s just Mike and a 13, 12, and 11 year old. It reminds me of the Duggars and their “do it yourself” house. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

• hoipolloi locked this topic