IGNORED

Mortons 4: Addie's Finally Married and All the Mortons Are MAGAts

nelliebelle1197

57 minutes ago, indianabones said:

what were the Mortons saying about them?

They're not saying anything so much as posting & reposting endless RW/QAnon memes about them.

To say anything about Fauci's emails you'd have to, you know, actually READ them. Do you think any of the S'Mortons has done so?

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, indianabones said:

The emails weren't leaked, they were released under Freedom of Information Act requests.

I missed the posts- what were the Mortons saying about them?

Ah, okay. I thought I saw a "leak" mentioned somewhere, but I may be mistaken. So they can't even complain about Dr Fauci not being careful enough with his email security. 

As @hoipolloi said, there wasn't any concrete criticism — which was partly why I was so confused. It was all "Now we have proof of his horrible deeds" and "He needs to be jailed or executed". And I couldn't for the life of me see what was bad about those emails.

• Thank You 1

Does anyone know what family Martha was talking about with her last few posts (she added the hashtag prayforrush) ?

IIRC she had story up a few days ago in which she mentioned that son (Rush) of family friends was in a bad car accident and heavily injured. She was asking for prayers for him.

On 5/31/2021 at 1:03 AM, FrumpyAtheist said:

Curious to hear others' thoughts on this, but do any of you think the appeal of the fundie way of life (and the rationale for women like Francesca joining willingly) is in part a backlash for how hard it is for women to "have it all"? I found fundies through a period in my mid twenties when I was finishing school and slogging my way though first jobs and came across an NYT article about Mormon mommy bloggers. Their lives were so simple and pretty compared to mine, and I was too young to really think through how important feminism and intellectual opportunity and fulfillment are. It just seemed like a nice fantasy to opt out of modern life.

Ali Wong does a lot of jokes about wanting to be a housewife and how it's a scam that modern women have to do the same level of education and work as men AND do all childcare and mental load of running a house. My point is, to the young and naive, I can understand the appeal of biblical patriarchy and gender roles. I think a lot of these young brides see the shiny and pretty and not the deep emptiness, boredom and resentment these women must feel later in life.

I can understand it a bit. Even though I was raised fundie-lite I went to college, got a job, lived on my own - pretty traditional American experience for non-fundies. But I remember stumbling onto Brittney Otterson's blog via the Rebelution back in about 2007 (I can't figure out if her family was just going through a phase, because it doesn't seem anybody from her family is still skirts-only and they seem to be a lot more diverse in their beliefs and lives now, but at that point they were all about the skirts and button-down shirts and SAHD-hood. She was always blogging these softly Picasa'd photos of their daily dealings and was selling a quilt she'd hand-quilted. Right then I was bogged down in a huge, stressful project at work and the idea of just loafing around at home, practicing instruments and making quilts, sounded pretty darn good. 

• Upvote 4

On 5/31/2021 at 2:55 PM, dramallama said:

Welp.  Ok, officially shocked that someone who went to an accredited public university (GUBMINT!!!1111 SATAN!!!!!11111) would willingly marry a Morton.  Gross.

Based on the week or so of casually watching her stories she’s no liberal minded “woke” university graduate. I think she’s proof that the right wing... media? Facebook echo chamber? Church? Have such hold on the information that informs the views of their followers that nothing, not even a couple of years in a public university changed her mind. And she appears more political in what she shares then most of the Morton in-laws. In some ways I wonder if a Morton boy would be right wing enough for her but then I remember some of them were in DC on the 6th. She’s going to fit in just fine. 

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 2

11 minutes ago, Noquiver said:

Based on the week or so of casually watching her stories she’s no liberal minded “woke” university graduate. I think she’s proof that the right wing... media? Facebook echo chamber? Church? Have such hold on the information that informs the views of their followers that nothing, not even a couple of years in a public university changed her mind. And she appears more political in what she shares then most of the Morton in-laws. In some ways I wonder if a Morton boy would be right wing enough for her but then I remember some of them were in DC on the 6th. She’s going to fit in just fine. 

Yep. For all those fundies that say college corrupts & makes you question your faith and / or whatever,  she is a prime example of, um, nope. College gives you the opportunity to think for yourself, but clearly can't force it on you. I do wonder what kind of stubborn kick back she gave any time her professors tried to teach something she was already opposed to. I also wonder how she managed to study at the college level with her head buried in QAnon? 

And, yes, all the Mortons are perfect QAnon followers. They lap up every word and believe every syllable. After the insurrection, before the inauguration, I guess tRump was gonna' declare Marshall law and notify the faithful via iPhone emergency message or some such thing - but Apple was running updates around that time, so it was all over the Morton circles not to let the update run because it existed solely to keep their dear leader from reaching them by turning off the emergency updates or who the hell knows what. 

The Mortons declared Melania the classiest first lady ever. Some were at the insurrection. Theyj're current on the anit-Fauci train, even though not one of them read the emails (I presume; they're not much for actual information) and are just following their leader, whoever that may be. They spent the two months between tRumps loss & inauguration day hyping one failed conspiracy after another that said tRump won; he will be placed back in power, he is running a puppet government for the sake of peace, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Basically any QAnon conspiracy and any whining that comes from the orange beast they worship, is their bible. 

They worship tRump and gave up the actual bible long ago. So, yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Edwin & his little friend's QAnon support actually drew them together. 

• Disgust 2
  • I Agree 3

Bethany has been en route to visit Kressant for the past day or so, and is expected to arrive in Paraguay tomorrow. She's travelling with Ronald, Katie's second eldest son. The combination of just those two is... interesting? If one of Katie's kids were going, I'd guess Esther first since she's prime Sister Mom age, and "Critter" second, since he's the eldest grandson. I suppose that the reality is just that Ronald happened to be the most expendable member of the extended family available to "chaperone" his aunt. (It's likely that, in the tradition established by the senior Mortons, Katie's eldest son works construction with the family now that he's over 13.)

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 3

34 minutes ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

Alyssa had a baby girl yesterday, Claire Elizabeth. 

Wait what. I think we've all speculated she could be preggo based on her past but still, damn. Now she'll have 5 under 5, that's insane.

• Upvote 10

She said that Claire arrived a bit early (no clue how early), and was a "double surprise" as they opted out of finding out the gender.

Interestingly, she said that this was the first time they'd both been unaware of the baby's sex. Apparently, Sam usually finds out, and keeps it secret (including from Alyssa!). Wild, man.

3 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Wow! Kept that one under wraps. How much time between this and the last one?

Sam jr. was born March 1 of last year. So right at 15 months, which was the same as her gap between Sam and Audrey.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 5

5 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Bethany has been en route to visit Kressant for the past day or so, and is expected to arrive in Paraguay tomorrow. She's travelling with Ronald, Katie's second eldest son. The combination of just those two is... interesting? If one of Katie's kids were going, I'd guess Esther first since she's prime Sister Mom age, and "Critter" second, since he's the eldest grandson. I suppose that the reality is just that Ronald happened to be the most expendable member of the extended family available to "chaperone" his aunt. (It's likely that, in the tradition established by the senior Mortons, Katie's eldest son works construction with the family now that he's over 13.)

Doesn't she have a bunch of little kids? I didn't think mothers were allowed to leave their children in their world.

I wonder if it means that one of the Paraguay Mortons is pregnant.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, ToriAmos said:

Doesn't she have a bunch of little kids? I didn't think mothers were allowed to leave their children in their world.

I wonder if it means that one of the Paraguay Mortons is pregnant.

It's possible, but I think if it were Kress, she would have said something long before a helper would be needed. And if a helper were needed, it probably wouldn't be a pre-teen male. Rachel is always a possibility, and she's extremely private. However, Ron would still be an odd choice if they were genuinely looking for in-home postpartum assistance. 

Bethany has 5 young children, but none (known) in the oven, and none little enough to nurse. She's estranged from most of her extended family, and her husband works long and erratic hours. In all likelihood, Katie and/or the elder Mortons have Bethany's brood for the time being. It makes sense due to the fact that Bethany and Ron would have met up there anyway.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Her first three were born around 11/12 months apart. Now her spacing is 15 months. Let’s hope it keeps getting wider and doesn’t stay around 15 months. Because that would mean a huge amount of children in a decade. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

Critter is one of Kressants kids (Michael III). This looked like Brian (formerly Brett Alan) but it could be Ronald. 

My guess, he's being brought down to help build with Kressants family. They start construction biz around 10/11 so whichever boy it is likely to be somewhat helpful. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

So Campbell is saying she married her rebound. I think we all knew that since she started dating him right after she and that guy named Hugh broke up. 

B124C439-F1A6-4705-B608-78BCDC7DFF0C.jpeg

1 minute ago, lexiloumarie said:

Critter is one of Kressants kids (Michael III). This looked like Brian (formerly Brett Alan) but it could be Ronald. 

My guess, he's being brought down to help build with Kressants family. They start construction biz around 10/11 so whichever boy it is likely to be somewhat helpful. 

It’s Ronald. I believe he was called “Ron” in a pic. 

• Upvote 6

I knew John was Campbell's rebound. I refer to him as her "third choice" in my head just about any time I refer to him. She was with that Hugh dude in February still. By May she was "dating" John, engaged in July and married in November. They were quite quick about it; she had to get him to put a ring on it before he, too, moved on to someone else. Then again, he was pretty desperate too. He posted often about wanting to be a father (particularly to a daughter he could 'protect') and have a family of his own. He was very much feeling like an old bachelor at 20. 

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 2

Campbell is kind of a weird one in that family. The Robertses were all raised fundie (Vision Forum I think?), 12 kids, homeschool co-op, isolated farm in Georgia and skirts when they were younger etc. Despite all that, none of the older kids is following a particularly fundie lifestyle except Campbell. They married later (all late 20s to early 30s except Norma) and the married couples have either not had children yet or only had 2 so far. None of the spouses is fundie either, just conservative Christian.

I wonder why Campbell is so different than the others and so desperate to live the fundie life. The whiplash between casually dating skater boy Hugh and marrying fundie John was odd.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

32 minutes ago, FrumpyAtheist said:

Campbell is kind of a weird one in that family. The Robertses were all raised fundie (Vision Forum I think?), 12 kids, homeschool co-op, isolated farm in Georgia and skirts when they were younger etc. Despite all that, none of the older kids is following a particularly fundie lifestyle except Campbell. They married later (all late 20s to early 30s except Norma) and the married couples have either not had children yet or only had 2 so far. None of the spouses is fundie either, just conservative Christian.

I wonder why Campbell is so different than the others and so desperate to live the fundie life. The whiplash between casually dating skater boy Hugh and marrying fundie John was odd.

I agree. Everything about the Campbell & John matchup is kind off somehow. Of course she grew up with the Mortons, and her BFF (Kennedy) was married to one, and the sister of her other BFF (Mariah / Alyssa) was married to one - so that may have had an appeal but still doesn't explain it all. 

John slid into her DM's, essentially, when Hugh broke up with her. Said a few bible verses, then went in for his shot when he asked her out a couple of weeks later. Barely waited for her tears to dry. 

I think they were both desperate to get married and just jumped in when she was between boys. No way this was an epic love story or long awaited union. It was convenient for both - they knew each other, knew each other's family, had the same friend group. Even if they liked each other and even if they love each other now, I don't believe at all that it started out as a "love" match. 

• Upvote 16

Campbell also wrote this about her and John a couple of years ago. It seems like he texted her one day and she was like “yep, this’ll do” and decided by the next morning she wanted to marry him. Seems desperate and rushed. At least I’m glad they waited 2 years to have kids. 

Spoiler

FDE7046C-9042-4BDF-966E-5467FD9006CD.thumb.jpeg.1c51991ccb9e09af5a6ca766684b6812.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 2

I have no issue with being practical when it comes to marriage but I think these two rushed it. That’s not practical in my opinion. Plus they aren’t allowed to divorce so I would never rush into something where I had no way out.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

John slid into her DM's, essentially, when Hugh broke up with her. Said a few bible verses, then went in for his shot when he asked her out a couple of weeks later.

This is (unintentionally?) hilarious. It kind of reads like a fundy Looney Tunes, where Pepe LePew got lucky.

• Upvote 9

35 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Campbell also wrote this about her and John a couple of years ago. It seems like he texted her one day and she was like “yep, this’ll do” and decided by the next morning she wanted to marry him. Seems desperate and rushed. At least I’m glad they waited 2 years to have kids. 

Hide contents

FDE7046C-9042-4BDF-966E-5467FD9006CD.thumb.jpeg.1c51991ccb9e09af5a6ca766684b6812.jpeg

Yep, exactly what we've been saying. Two desperate people, John found a second where she wasn't dating someone else, she settled because 3rd time had to be a charm, right? 

• Upvote 5

• hoipolloi locked this topic