IGNORED

Mortons 4: Addie's Finally Married and All the Mortons Are MAGAts

nelliebelle1197

2 hours ago, freethemall said:

Campbell had the baby,  a boy named Buchanan (Buck?). Congrats and hope they consider birth control in the future. 

Maybe they’re planning on calling him Bucky, as in Bucky Barnes?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Aaaand, here's the latest instalment in Kressant's never-ending serial "I don't care if my kids live or die": horse-riding without helmets, saddles or anything else that might keep them safe. I rest my case.

6D4773D9-DC16-4E03-9813-F18EC7295708.jpeg

Those kids aren't even wearing any shoes. I just can't.

41 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Maybe they’re planning on calling him Bucky, as in Bucky Barnes?

Campbell already has a "Bucky" highlight on her IG page.

• Upvote 4

Makes me think of Buckminster Fuller -- not that they would make that connection. What are the chances that any Morton child would ever even hear about a midcentury experimental architect?

• Upvote 3

I assumed it would be Buck because it sounds so manly. We know those Morton’s worship manly men and just men in general. Young Buck ?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I've watching the Marvel comic movies and tv shows and I have rather a soft spot for the name "Bucky" because it reminds me of the winter soldier. I'm still mad at them for how they likely treated their dog though.

• Upvote 4

The only Buck I ever knew acquired the nickname at a young age. Unfortunately when his adult teeth grew in, they were buck teeth. It was such an unfortunate nickname for him to have. He got braces and no more buck teeth. But I remember he got teased for it before he got braces. I felt bad for him. I swear the kids in my school were so mean. 

• Sad 1

I'll add three more to the 'Bucky' list:

-Bucky Lasek, a professional skateboarder.
-Bucky Jacobsen, a former first basemen and DH for AAA Seattle, *coughs* 'scuse me, I mean the Seattle Mariners of Major League Baseball.
-Bucky Kentucky, the would-have-been male counterpart to Hannah Montana. It was mentioned by Miley's brother Jackson in an episode, lol.

TIL I'm a Hannah Montana nerd.

• Haha 2

I'm very surprised by the choice of first name, but I actually kind of like it. I even think "Bucky" is a cute nickname for a kid. I can't say that "Buchanan Morton" rolls off the tongue, though I'm sure they picked it for other reasons. Honoring a pro-slavery, "states rights" secession apologist was the main goal, but I will take secret delight in the knowledge that the Morton Morons have named a kid after what was almost certainly the first gay president.

Edit: I just saw in the general  baby thread that Buchanan is Campbell's father's middle name. I didn't know that, though I'm sure they wouldn't have honored the name choice if it didn't tick so many of their other philosophical boxes. 

• Upvote 4

Besides Buck Rogers, the most (in)famous fictional Buck that I can recall is General Buck Turgidson, played by George C. Scott in Dr. Strangelove:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jasmar said:

Who was the country musician Buck that used to appear on Hee Haw?

Think it was Buck Owens.

• 3 weeks later...

On Mariahs husbands Instagram there is a story of him filming something while driving , along with Mariah holding the baby in the front seat ....

also Nik Campana has a story showing alyssas baby wearing a big brother tshirt ...

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

7 minutes ago, cami said:

On Mariahs husbands Instagram there is a story of him filming something while driving , along with Mariah holding the baby in the front seat ....

also Nik Campana has a story showing alyssas baby wearing a big brother tshirt ...

The shirt says Best Brother. 

But, it's still likely he is soon to be a big brother. His parents are Alyssa & Sam, after all. 

• Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, cami said:

I would not be at all surprised if Alyssa is pregnant and I might be looking at the wrong story but it looks like the shirt read "best brother". 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

The shirt says Best Brother. 

But, it's still likely he is soon to be a big brother. His parents are Alyssa & Sam, after all. 

Oh oops sorry ! It’s still early here and haven’t had any coffee yet ??

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, cami said:

Oh oops sorry ! It’s still early here and haven’t had any coffee yet ??

It's an easy mistake. Assuming Alyssa is pregnant is not exactly a stretch. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

Katie and Alan were brought up in DuggarSnark as a comparative to the current Pest/OfPest situation. I really doubt the Keller’s are going to step in and Anna will get divorced as Katie did. The Duggar’s however will be identical to the Smiths.   

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, Noquiver said:

Katie and Alan were brought up in DuggarSnark as a comparative to the current Pest/OfPest situation. I really doubt the Keller’s are going to step in and Anna will get divorced as Katie did. The Duggar’s however will be identical to the Smiths.   

I see how things can be compared, but I believe there is one difference that will come into play. I believe Alan abused a family member. That means the Mortons likely feel they need to protect all the other children in the family by completely cutting him off and Katie divorcing him. In Josh’s case, he was not charged with abusing any of his family members (this time around). Therefore they might feel like he isn’t a threat like Alan. I know he is a threat. However I could see the Duggars not seeing him as a direct threat since he wasn’t charged with abusing family members. Of course I think a lot of Josh’s siblings will have very different opinions. I imagine they will be all over the spectrum of opinions. Some will stand by him, some will cut him off, and some will fall anywhere in between. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I see how things can be compared, but I believe there is one difference that will come into play. I believe Alan abused a family member. That means the Mortons likely feel they need to protect all the other children in the family by completely cutting him off and Katie divorcing him. In Josh’s case, he was not charged with abusing any of his family members (this time around). Therefore they might feel like he isn’t a threat like Alan. I know he is a threat. However I could see the Duggars not seeing him as a direct threat since he wasn’t charged with abusing family members. Of course I think a lot of Josh’s siblings will have very different opinions. I imagine they will be all over the spectrum of opinions. Some will stand by him, some will cut him off, and some will fall anywhere in between. 

I think you're right in terms of what the fallout will be. Boob and J'chelle will go to their graves proclaiming Josh's innocence. The siblings will be a mix.

I think more sexual deviance might still come out. It's disturbing to think of, but I really wouldn't be surprised if eventually it comes out that Josh abused his own kids. He abused his own sisters; his children is not such a stretch. What a monster he is.

• I Agree 4

7 hours ago, FrumpyAtheist said:

I think you're right in terms of what the fallout will be. Boob and J'chelle will go to their graves proclaiming Josh's innocence. The siblings will be a mix.

I think more sexual deviance might still come out. It's disturbing to think of, but I really wouldn't be surprised if eventually it comes out that Josh abused his own kids. He abused his own sisters; his children is not such a stretch. What a monster he is.

I'm uncomfortable with you speculating what Josh might did to his own kids. Not because I care much about him or want to defend him, but because on the impact speculations like this might have on his kids.

Regarding JB and Michelle - I can totally see them acting like Alan's parents and forever denying that their golden boy did anything wrong.

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1

Kennedy has a story up working out and she has a bump, considering she's quite fit, I think she's pregnant.

Spoiler

IMG_20210504_141103.jpg

Edited by HermioneSparrow
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I see how things can be compared, but I believe there is one difference that will come into play. I believe Alan abused a family member. 

I agree with this difference and I thought a there was speculation that an adult family member (Katie herself?) caught Alan in the act so in the Morton’s eyes there was no question of his guilt. Where as Pest can deny that he downloaded the csa images because no family member caught him looking at them. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Noquiver said:

I agree with this difference and I thought a there was speculation that an adult family member (Katie herself?) caught Alan in the act so in the Morton’s eyes there was no question of his guilt. Where as Pest can deny that he downloaded the csa images because no family member caught him looking at them. 

I don’t think it was ever confirmed that Alan was caught by Katie. But the Mortons definitely believed it happened without a doubt. I agree that in Josh’s case, some family members can delude themselves into thinking it was an accident or something. 

• Upvote 5

• hoipolloi locked this topic