IGNORED

Mortons 4: Addie's Finally Married and All the Mortons Are MAGAts

nelliebelle1197

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.83160ad3d0390f0400c8f5ef539dc381.png

I am curious if this means SDS has figured out that we exist or if she’s got haters on her social media

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, lexiloumarie said:

her posts about water, medical care, be given stuff by their church, etc seem particularly like they are living below what I would consider safe, basic standards. 

I agree. Perhaps their lives wouldn't be appreciably better if they'd stayed on the family compound in the US but it's hard to see what they've gained by moving to Paraguay.

• Upvote 5

49 minutes ago, Noquiver said:
  Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.83160ad3d0390f0400c8f5ef539dc381.png

I am curious if this means SDS has figured out that we exist or if she’s got haters on her social media

The way she phrases this makes me wonder how much of what reads as smugness is more related to her experiences with disability. Defensiveness about being presumed unable to do things, maybe.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She posted a lot of pics lately of the three oldest boys helping dad pour concrete and lay brick for their new house. It’s just Mike and a 13, 12, and 11 year old. It reminds me of the Duggars and their “do it yourself” house. 

They live in a Mennonite area -- surely lots of knowledgeable builders in that community -- and post all the time about church friends. Strange that they never seem to have anyone helping them. I somehow doubt that their living conditions are an inescapable result of living in rural South America. I think it's more like a reboot of the Morton boys' childhood, living in tents right here in the USA.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

I wonder how they are making money down there. Mike doesn't seem to have a regular job other than working on their own home and Kressant is always making crafts to sell and they seem to live depending on the kindness of others who donate things to them. The children and the father seem really thin - particularly when compared to Rachel's children who are slim but not skinny and now Kressant is making a homemade dewormer. Yikes! 

I also wonder what drove them to leave Georgia. Even if they were appalled that America elected a black president, surely their lives would have been more comfortable in America on their farm surrounded by family.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, browngrl said:

I also wonder what drove them to leave Georgia. Even if they were appalled that America elected a black president, surely their lives would have been more comfortable in America on their farm surrounded by family.

It seemed to come right on the heels of the SCOTUS ruling on same-sex marriage. Kressant was on some expat forum the very next day asking about emigration to Paraguay.  Kress, sweetie, there are worse things that two adults who love each other having sexy time and/or getting married. 

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, browngrl said:

I wonder how they are making money down there. Mike doesn't seem to have a regular job other than working on their own home and Kressant is always making crafts to sell and they seem to live depending on the kindness of others who donate things to them. The children and the father seem really thin - particularly when compared to Rachel's children who are slim but not skinny and now Kressant is making a homemade dewormer. Yikes! 

She posted before about him having a job I think at a hospital? Working in like patient transport or something like that but it's been awhile. Kressant heraelf has been laying bricks several hours a day with the older boys which makes me wonder about the kids schooling. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

She posted before about him having a job I think at a hospital? Working in like patient transport or something like that but it's been awhile. Kressant heraelf has been laying bricks several hours a day with the older boys which makes me wonder about the kids schooling. 

Mike was working (part-time) at a nursing home/adult care facility, but I'm not sure if he's still there. He seems to be present in Kress' feed more these days, especially during daylight hours, so either his schedule was shifted, or he changed jobs. I think he has helped Wesley a bit with the building business, but not consistently.

Let's be realistic: Kressant is incapable of homeschooling any child of any age adequately. I'm not saying that to be hateful. When she was younger, she truly seemed to be a spirited and intellectually curious person who had an innate ability to instruct and inspire others.  Unfortunately, her own upbringing + Mike's incredibly short tenure at the Morton Consolidated Skool for People Who Want To Have Some Book Learnin' set them up to fail as home educators. Add to that the proud anti-intellectualism of their preferred political cult, and a dash of religious thought oppression, and you've got a winning combination.

Every image she posts of the Paraguay homeschool table consists of kids of all ages filling out single-page worksheets. Based on the progress they are making with their home build, the kids are getting somewhere between 2-3 days per week of instruction of any kind, and sometimes, whatever attention she has to give is split among Wesley and Rachel's kids as well. There's no way her children will receive any education other than what she and Mike provide, and between the two of them, they probably have the equivalent of a 5th grade education, minus the science and plus glorified confederate history.

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 7

Yeah, Mike worked in a nursing home/care home. She posted once about him passing a test or something? 

I wonder why Wesley seems to have been able to make a living but not Mike? We see little of Wes & Rachel, but we do know he is working construction, and has tried to start businesses and his kids are cleaner and healthier looking when they are seen. Given their family is the same S'morton combination, I doubt the kid's education is any better than Kressant's kids but their lives in general seem to be less chaotic & messy. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

That's the big mystery. Since they immigrated on the same day, with the same (not much) resources, the same lack of local connections, the same education, and the same skills, you'd expect them to be equally stable now. Actually, given that Kress and Mike are living in Ma and Pa Morton's intended home (presumably rent-free), while Wes and Rachel bought a house AND have had a difficult birth and medically fragile infant in the past two years, you'd expect Mike and Kress to be significantly more secure than the younger couple. 

Wes does construction, and seems to do it well. At the very least, his kids will hopefully be taught the rudiments of geometry.

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

That's the big mystery. Since they immigrated on the same day, with the same (not much) resources, the same lack of local connections, the same education, and the same skills, you'd expect them to be equally stable now. Actually, given that Kress and Mike are living in Ma and Pa Morton's intended home (presumably rent-free), while Wes and Rachel bought a house AND have had a difficult birth and medically fragile infant in the past two years, you'd expect Mike and Kress to be significantly more secure than the younger couple. 

Wes does construction, and seems to do it well. At the very least, his kids will hopefully be taught the rudiments of geometry.

They actually didn't go together. Wes & Rachel went with Ma & Pa Morton & the unmarried Morton spawn in fall of 2015. Mike & Kressant went in fall of 2016, after Ma & Pa came & the unmarrieds came back during the Alan situation. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

11 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Yep, she's sooooo opressed.

IMG_20210310_211425.jpg

Kressant is oppressed by her disgusting patriarchal beliefs. But she would never admit it. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5

Kressant is a moron. She's a racist to boot. I also suspect she's a bit jealous of the "black girl".

I absolutely despise people who choose the no compassion route. No only choosing no compassion, but choosing to show the world how truly ignorant & abhorrent they truly are. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

13 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Kressant is a moron. She's a racist to boot.

I have to admit that recently her posts have made me stabby. As long as she posts about their life in Paraguay my prevalent sentiment is horrified fascination, but her recent forays into politics and COVID are something else...

ETA: Also, what the hell is "idealic" supposed to mean?

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

I have to admit that recently her posts have made me stabby. As long as she posts about their life in Paraguay my prevalent sentiment is horrified fascination, but her recent forays into politics and COVID are something else...

ETA: Also, what the hell is "idealic" supposed to mean?

That's S'morton homeskoolin' talk. 

I was following a Twitter conversation last night about Meghan and there were plenty of fundies/racists/Qers/etc trying to chime in. One of the prevalent themes of those folks was that she shouldn't be whining, she should be grateful. 

Because, you know, the black girl was raised up and being ungrateful for all she's been "given" is just wrong of her. She should be so grateful that she feels like she's walking on rainbows, dammit!

These people are so steeped in ignorance they are incapable of seeing people unlike them as human. They're always "other" and they're always "wrong". It's nothing new, it's just become more acceptable for them to shout it instead of hide it, ever since their dear leader gave them license to do so. 

Hearing that marrying into the British Royal family was not sunshine & roses & Disney's princess happily ever after is a little too close to bursting their bubble. Never mind she was a successful human being before she got married to a Prince of England. Never mind she'd lived a life, had experiences, been through good & bad times like everyone else. She is NOW a "princess" and dammit, she should be falling on her knees thanking the powerful white family for taking her in and making something of her. 

Whatever anyone's opinion of Meghan Markle is, or the situation, or the Monarchy, or any of the other much larger pictures that are play here, she is a human being who was suffering. Who the f*ck does anyone think they are to diminish what other people feel/experience? 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

This reminds me why I turned off Kress' feed on IG. Fck her.  

In other news Campbell is picking out nursery colors and the options seem to come from the camouflage color wheel and are basically various shades of deep dark pine green. Depressing as all hell. 

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, JMO said:

This reminds me why I turned off Kress' feed on IG. Fck her.  

In other news Campbell is picking out nursery colors and the options seem to come from the camouflage color wheel and are basically various shades of deep dark pine green. Depressing as all hell. 

That sounds way better than Alyssa Webster’s current interior choices. Everything is gray. Gray gray and more gray. Boring as fuck. 

• Upvote 5

I like grey. It's actually my preferred color for many, many things.  But not nearly enough to be on board with the current decorating obsession of all grey, all the time! In fact, as much as I like it, I avoided it completely when I redid my living/dining area over the summer. 

I don't follow Kressant either - I only get info about her from here. Others seem to be able to stomach the Mortons more than I can, so I follow their lead. I unfollowed them all months ago when their MAGA was screaming. 

As for dark green - is this like, for accents (bedding, etc) or walls? Either way, yuk, but walls would be far more yuk (and depressing) than bedding or rugs. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That sounds way better than Alyssa Webster’s current interior choices. Everything is gray. Gray gray and more gray. Boring as fuck. 

Totally agree. Green is my favorite color. And dark colors on walls can look fantastic if you know what you're doing. 

I'd die of boredom in some of these trendy beige and gray houses.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Totally agree. Green is my favorite color. And dark colors on walls can look fantastic if you know what you're doing. 

I'd die of boredom in some of these trendy beige and gray houses.

Green is my favorite color too. Blues and greens are the most common colors in my house. But my house definitely isn’t matchy matchy. So it’s filled with lots of colors that probably don’t go together. 

• Upvote 2

It's the baby's room. Why is she using those depressing colors? For a nursery it should be lighter colors IMO. My baby's room is lilac and very very light gray.

• Upvote 4

Probably an accent wall. She's got a couple of pics like this one saved in pinterest. Hunter and navy are super trendy right now, especially paired with pink and brass accents. (Can you tell how I like to waste my time online? Lol)

img.jpeg

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Probably an accent wall. She's got a couple of pics like this one saved in pinterest. Hunter and navy are super trendy right now, especially paired with pink and brass accents. (Can you tell how I like to waste my time online? Lol)

img.jpeg

This room looks nice to me. That’s plenty of color to make it feel warm and inviting. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

• hoipolloi locked this topic